Featured Setups list

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

wait

there's a marathon queue?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

do deadlines reset each shot ? (popcorn)
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:50 am

Post by OkaPoka »

theoretically speaking, since these games have an expedited queue, i do wonder if there would be interest in casual blitz opens to kinda playtest novel opens
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:58 am

Post by OkaPoka »

playtest is probably the wrong word

but like to spam featured setups in a fast n casual environment
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:16 am

Post by OkaPoka »

i like popcorn mafia, i feel like it does require a fun playerlist to play in and more specifically, decent activity levels from everyone so nobody is holding up the fun. marathons are a way to sidestep that issue in a setup like this. but popcorn mafia, since its a setup where pretty much one person has agency at a time, it can get very boring very quickly for everyone else if the game isn't moving along/people are waiting on one person to post. or id imagine. and in a seemingly fast paced, not that strategic, but more instinctual setup, you really want the game momentum to keep going because if a game dies, it can't really be resurrected and this looks like a really boring setup to play if it slows down

i don't know what the criteria of a featured setup should be tho
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

yeah i was just wondering if there would be interest from the playerbase and listmods to somehow leverage a different style of queue filling where we could play a bunch of cool opens with fast queue times and maybe fast game times as well

somehow do something like semiblind setups where an open is kinda randed from a set list of cool looking opens based on how many people sign up, maybe have it so after each game you can ask to stay in the "lobby" and it gets opened up in case people want to swap in or swap out idk, not the point of this thread

the only setup that looks weird to me is noughts and crosses tbh because id imagine there could be some real difficult distributions for scum to play

edit: something like the game will always fire at x, game choice is based on number of people who sign up

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”