Micro 1023 - The Coalition: TBotITGBSMoD [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:09 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Wednesdays are actually pizza night for me! There's an Italian pizza bar close to my house and they have delicious Margherita and Burrata pizzas. I'm the kid in the middle's red jacket

VOTE: implosion

HEAL: GuiltyLion
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:15 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: The Coalition
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:20 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 32, The Coalition wrote:HURT: Cheek of Gamma
HEAL: Vulture

datisi is going to murder me for being so indecisive :lol:
Why did you choose to take Cheek of Gamma out of your coalition here? I didn't see anything suspicious in what they posted.

I don't like the Datisi comment here, the joke about not being included in , or the comments about the setup in , it all feels a bit showy/lamist to me. You've used more words telling others to explain their thought process than explaining your own in adding/removing CoG from your coalition.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:23 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think speculating on what scum will do before anyone has actually done anything or expressed any reads yet is a fool's errand, but Vulture's feels kinda townie to me, I recently made the same mountainous=nightless mistake in a different game and I don't know if they invent that as scum. I also like Iverson pointing away from mechtalk in and CoG altogether feels townie to me so far.

HEAL: Vulture
HEAL: Iverson
HEAL: Cheek of Gamma
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:24 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

@implo - can you elaborate on that Cheek read, I feel the opposite
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:28 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

actually I guess I may be biased by me disliking Coalition's side of their page 1-page 2 back and forth, I can see why the later posts from Cheek aren't especially great if I try to reset
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I assumed "unaligned" simply meant not S-S, I doubt they were ruling out TvT. but I do see your point on /
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:15 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 94, The Coalition wrote:GL reasoning works backwards, starting at "this person is X" and then tries to manufacture reasons for it. I'm not sure where people get townreads on that but its like blatantly scum and I'm vetoing all coalitions with them on it.
a) where do you see me doing that?
b) Do you disagree with any of my townreads (Iverson, Cheek, Vulture) in my coalition? If not, this is a bizarrely harsh reaction to the fact that I'm scumreading you
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 94, The Coalition wrote:GL reasoning works backwards, starting at "this person is X" and then tries to manufacture reasons for it.
I just re-ISO'd myself and I'm really having a hard time seeing how this could be a genuine interpretation of any of my posts or reasoning that I've given
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:30 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm also not sure I buy the tone progression from "I'm so indecisive lol!" to "GL is blatantly scum and I will veto every coalition with him in it", makes me feel that the former was performative (as I already called out) and the latter is agenda-driven.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:36 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

As I said, I'd like you to address which of my reads you think was manufactured from a starting conclusion, and whether you disagree with anyone in my coalition besides me.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:37 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 120, The Coalition wrote:everytime someone tries to claim they caught me within the first 5 pages of a game, they've flipped scum so get fucked u got caught early.
this big ol show of bravado won't get you very far with me :roll:

p-edit: I feel quite confident on Iverson/Vulture, yeah. Cheek a bit less so but pretty good.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:39 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 122, The Coalition wrote:Gamma's scumgame has actually evolved a lot in the past couple months
what is this based on because frankly having just seen it he was obvscum in Situation Room just a month ago, I doubt that you believe this or that it's based on any good evidence
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 121, GuiltyLion wrote:As I said, I'd like you to address which of my reads you think was manufactured from a starting conclusion, and whether you disagree with anyone in my coalition besides me.
Are you going to answer this or are you dodging it because you can't?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:43 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

so Shelby is a top townread despite tunneling another top townread Vulture?

and you are not townreading Iverson? Would you oppose a coalition with him in it?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:50 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 133, The Coalition wrote:look GL, you basically are confscum to me based on the way you interacted with my slot. Unless you show some genuine thought AND I feel uneasy about finding 4 people outside of you, I'm just going to ignore you.
I still doubt that you genuinely believe that I'm "confscum" for calling three of your early game posts showy and LAMISTy, and I see you left yourself a nice little backdoor here, but if we can find two more mutual townreads and I feel good about the group of 5 then I can be fine with a Coalition that doesn't have either of us in it. I hope you can too, because the "veto coalitions with them in it" feeling is currently very mutual :]
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think Iverson's push on implosion is genuine but I'm getting townvibes from implo here, whenever I've seen him as scum he comes off as more stiff/robotic to me. I also don't think that Coalition-implosion is S-S

HEAL: implosion

one more to go!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

this back and forth started because implosion townread Vulture for what sounded to you(Iverson) like fake reasons, yes? What's the benefit to scum!implosion to commit himself to a Vulture townread trajectory? At that point Shelby was calling for votes on Vulture, maybe it'd be possible to keep Vulture out of a coalition with another voice throwing dirt on him, why does scum!implosion instead put himself in the position to fabricate a reachy townread on a slot that wasn't consensus town?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Normally I'd agree but I think this setup does discourage early game TMI townreads due to the possibility of autoloss with a correct 5-townblock. I could maybe see scum thinking that handing out key early townreads might buy the towncred needed to get themself into a coalition, but specifically Vulture at that point in particular I'm not sure would have been an attractive slot to TR for towncred.

You do have a point that it wasn't necessarily a strong commitment from Implosion at the time, so I guess we'll see where it goes, but on average I do think people who are more liberal with the townreads early game are going to be more likely town here
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

How am I threatened by your coalition when it's literally the same as mine?! Especially when you updated it to match mine after I pressured you to do so + the last one w/ Shelby not making sense?

I suspected you because your early game was lamisty and performative. This new argument of yours doesn't make any sense at all.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (isolation #20) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 157, The Coalition wrote:just as an added thought to my previous post, in my experience when scum try to frame me as scum - they'll attack my playstyle primarily, because it is easily framed as scummy. (fact is, I can mimic it nearly perfectly between town/scum so its NAI) - and their insistence about garbage(that yes, is scum indicative for the average scum player who hates playing scum) like "LAMIST" shit is the type of stuff I'd expect scum to try to point out to push what appears to be a reasonable scumread.
first off, anyone who says "I imitate my towngame perfectly as scum" is lying

second, I'm kinda fired up so I'll go into even further detail why I didn't like your early posts:

you joke that excluding you is "scummy" despite the fact that it was obvious to anyone who checked that Iverson used the order in the playlist to make their initial coalition. What I don't like is that you call it "scummy" specifically, subtly implying that you are town and not having you in a coalition is not what Town Would Do. Contrast this to Cheek who also the same joke but didn't try to make themselves look townie from it in

you literally ask people to explain their thought processes in a mafia game... as if we're not going to do that... and make a comment about wanting to win off a pure coalition. Again, this vibes to me like "guys, I'm town, because I want town to win!". It's performative - in a vacuum the comment alone is probably overall NAI but combined with these other posts I don't like the pattern

the worst offender, you flipflop on a coalition read (I don't see your as RVS as you specifically did it after implies you were reading through the game) without explaining why - despite just saying that you want people to explain their thought processes - and then make a joke about being "indecisive". I think if you were genuinely indecisive and genuinely believed in the value of being transparent of explaining one's thoughts, you would have made some kind of effort, even if a tiny token one, to explain what you did or didn't like from Cheek when deciding to remove them from a coalition so immediately after adding them.

there, now it's not just a "buzzword", it's ~ my thought process ~
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (isolation #21) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 164, The Cheek of Gamma wrote:Righto, is it too early to ask what you think of Uncle Shelby so far?
~C
I tend to be suspicious of it when people project charisma/confidence in early scumreads like , but other than that I don't really have much either way. I didn't like the Vulture push as it was a bit of an easy one but it's also not difficult to imagine coming from town, I'm waiting to see how they re-evaluate/update their reads on return to the thread
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (isolation #22) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 191, Vulture wrote:Your case feels a little reach-y in a way that doesn't jive with me. Given that you were the topic of conversation I read over your iso and thought it was fine but meh. Might just be early game.
What is your read on Coalition here?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I initially saw the aggression/arrogance as a way of discrediting me when I was right, as the initial reaction to me pushing them read to me as wildly defensive. but I can vibe with the general sentiment that this latest bout of it is a bit over the top. on the other hand since I am their only real scumread they've given and I know I'm town, I still don't want them in a Coalition, and I don't like that they ignored my olive branch to voluntarily exclude myself from a coalition if we both agreed on it.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 202, Vulture wrote:I don't think they're the type to accept an olive branch unless it's on their terms. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but that's the impression they leave on me.

You're better off looking elsewhere for now.
well, frankly I just need to look to the rest of you tbh, so again the deal is I'll trade away my being in a coalition as long as I agree with the 5-block, which means no Coalition (player) in it at this time. It's too hard for me to not see their behavior as potential manipulation to diminish the size of my voice and my reads
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (isolation #25) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 189, The Cheek of Gamma wrote:I think GL could be scum, and am legitimately interested in coalition providing a valid point other than "only scum think I'm scum"
a) who is your coalition right now?
b) why are you still voting with me to yeet Coalition if this is your current view?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 154, The Coalition wrote:iverson, even if you don't townread implo yet, at least take the gas off and try elsewhere. I don't think you're SvT at all and definitely not SvS.
I'd also like to call out that I already made an effort to engage with Iverson re:implo with my and

If Coalition were honestly approaching my slot in good faith, and they also believed Iverson-Implo was not SvT, this should have prompted them to potentially re-evaluate why a scum-GL was similarly reading the situation the same way and similarly trying to nudge Iverson to an implo townread.

Instead, they basically copied my angle without updating their read on me at all? Maybe this is a reach as I'm definitely assuming scum!alignment when I make this point, but it strikes me as if they're afraid of me further towntelling to the rest of the thread (thus making their slot look worse), and either consciously or subconsciously mirroring me as an attempt to take that towncred for themself.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 154, The Coalition wrote:iverson, even if you don't townread implo yet, at least take the gas off and try elsewhere. I don't think you're SvT at all and definitely not SvS.
and thinking about it more I don't know why town reassures somebody that they don't see their scumread on another player as S-S, that feels fundamentally fake to me, like a buddying vibe
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 217, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:lol Lion scum
:neutral:

This is disheartening, you're my strongest townread. Why am I scum?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

hah, fair enough, I should have expected that

how well do you know Koba? I've never played with them but I am not liking anything they've done this game, do you think you can read them reliably? I'd encourage duo-ISOing our slots and seeing what kinda way you feel about both of us
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

The Coalition
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (isolation #31) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 224, The Cheek of Gamma wrote:Those who have Implosion in their nice list, could you please say why?
~ C
Thoughts on your slot and Vulture felt genuine, timing of the Vulture townread I don't see as scum-motivated, posting just 5 minutes after indicates more likely honest thoughts without any editing/planning the post, confidence in being townread by Iverson feels genuine, denied taking towncred for themselves in , consistent presence in the early game so far, and I think if scum!Coalition they've spewed implo as town

it's not a locktown read, none of this is unfakeable, but I think altogether it points to more likely town and I think the gamestate is better served by putting implosion into a coalition to pressure the other slots that haven't played nor given any town-indicators, than it is casting paranoia on his play so far.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 236, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:guilty lion is just frozen scum rn
are you serious or still just memeing/joking around? If this and the idea of Coalition/GL team are actually Real Beliefs of yours I'm going to be salty that we lost a tryhard powertown for a meme shitposter. I'm here and playing and will be until around an hour and a half from now when it's Pizza Time
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

like, I don't want this to turn into another game where I dial up the WIM to levels that I have never historically been able to reproduce as scum, but I will if my locktown read is gonna shitpush me because I'm "frozen scum"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

my hot take is that most of the people who have been playing/posting so far are town, exception being Koba, and the other scum is in Art/Shelby/Black Ranger who missed the boat on getting a foothold into the game. I think a coalition of Pooky, implo, Vulture, Cheek has good odds of being 4/4 town
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (isolation #35) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 241, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:but would you be even saltier if you were just caught scum rn and the that tryhard powertown you tried to pocket randomly turned into a meme shitpost lord who decided to immediately death tunnel you?
no, I don't generally get salty as scum bc then people are right and I worry that getting riled up will just make me more scumread. I usually try to play it cool
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (isolation #36) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (isolation #37) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

what do you mean by the "pushing the right slots for scum"? Like, if he is scum, he is pushing slots that benefit him the most? Or he is pushing slots that you think are most likely to be scum?

I think you mean the latter but I want to be sure I'm understanding you
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (isolation #38) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

if I'm wrong on Coalition it is definitely going to bork my view of the game at this point and probably means a deepwolf has a path into my coalition, but I'm not going to be able to re-evaluate them until/unless they treat me in good faith and so far all they've done is discredit me at every turn, and a few of their arguments have been brazenly disingenuous (GL manufacturing reads, GL targeted me bc he was threatened by my coalition) in a way that I'm struggling to convince myself comes from town
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (isolation #39) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

if Coalition has a big ego and hasn't played with me or read my games before, I feel like they might think they can bury me, the first/main voice speaking against them, and then not suffer any consequences afterwards
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (isolation #40) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 184, The Coalition wrote:my method of scumhunting has always been "analyze the thought process not the content" so fuck off <3
In post 185, The Coalition wrote:im gonna come back later when I am not at risk of saying something that will get me banned
also, @Cheek why does a town!Coalition get this pissed off if they think I'm scum? I was pushing on their early posts but I wasn't insulting them as a person or being toxic (I would hope...), so the "fuck off" and the worry about saying something ban-worthy feels a lil extreme to me if they really think I'm just caught scum trying to push them
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (isolation #41) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:33 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 287, The Coalition wrote:also i see the linked scum games from GL and will look at them later. in retrospect they've been showing a lot of depth in their posts and i've been straight up ignoring that in lieu of my ego being hurt.

and sorry for the outburst last night, i still get tilted by shade on my slot for shit that isn't even AI for me. I get pushed on d1 nearly every game. This shows that people in general just can't accurately read my early game and to a person who has never played with me - it leans more they think they can push me for what I say because for whatever reason my playstyle looks "scummy" to people.
I can def understand being frustrated with being pushed on d1 for shitty reasons as town and I apologize if the way I was pushing them made you feel minimized or unable to play your way

I'm not sold this post means a town!Coalition but I do want to dial back from fixing my gamestate view via that early scumread I was operating from and reset a little bit, I definitely think if we're both town then removing both of us from the Coalition prob gives scum a cakewalk to make it into the next phase, I'll give you some space and focus elsewhere for a bit.

I have a bad habit as town of trying to bend the gamestate around my reads and while it works really well when my reads are good, it can fuck things up if I'm wrong and it does make me more prone to being manipulative towards how others play or form their own reads. It recently let scum push me as the game-winning miselimination in Divide and Conquer because I had given town enough reasons to be paranoid about me and I don't want to set myself up for the same pitfall here
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (isolation #42) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:47 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 306, Uncle Shelby wrote:
In post 115, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 94, The Coalition wrote:GL reasoning works backwards, starting at "this person is X" and then tries to manufacture reasons for it. I'm not sure where people get townreads on that but its like blatantly scum and I'm vetoing all coalitions with them on it.
a) where do you see me doing that?
b) Do you disagree with any of my townreads (Iverson, Cheek, Vulture) in my coalition? If not, this is a bizarrely harsh reaction to the fact that I'm scumreading you
Why does b matter to you?
because if Coalition and I arrive at the same group of townreads, and I am correct about those reads, then it either forces scum!Coalition to keep three townies in their coalition, or it means town!Coalition is reading the game the same way I am and perhaps I am wrong about them being scum.
In post 308, Uncle Shelby wrote:This post doesn't leave room at all for the possibility of Vulture!scum. Is this intentional, GL? ie your read is just that confident?
Yes, that was intentional - I still think is likely a bonafide townslip and that the odds of implosion and Vulture being exactly the team is low enough that it wasn't worth considering when evaluating possible scum!agenda to implosion's read.

I feel like this question is sort of missing the point of what I was asking Iverson - you're right I didn't explicitly consider the benefit to scum!implosion townreading a scumbuddy!Vulture, but I think that'd be a really backwards way of scumreading implosion, even if I wasn't townreading Vulture. To arrive at a scumread on implosion specifically because he was subtly trying to put his buddy Vulture into the town block, it would require me to assume that Vulture is scum, to assume that Vulture's scumbuddy is more likely to attempt to TR him by page 3, and then to identify implosion as the player advancing that agenda.

Put another way, it feels like I would have to think "hm, why would implosion townread Vulture here? the most likely answer is that both of them are scum and implosion wants to TR his buddy!" It doesn't strike me as an organic way to reason about implosion's alignment, and it doesn't feel to me like you're really considering that.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (isolation #43) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:50 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 309, Uncle Shelby wrote:
In post 156, GuiltyLion wrote:How am I threatened by your coalition when it's literally the same as mine?! Especially when you updated it to match mine after I pressured you to do so + the last one w/ Shelby not making sense?
How can you say a coalition with me+Vulture makes no sense, meanwhile you have Iverson+implosion in yours?
because all you had done at that point was push Vulture, you'd given no townreads, no real content to arrive at a solid read on your own slot. Basically, the only way I can imagine someone thinking at that point that you are townie enough to be in a coalition is if they vibe with your Vulture scumread. If they thought Vulture was town, then I don't see why they'd see your singular push on him as town-motivated.

That's different from Iverson who, despite pushing implosion, was giving a lot of engagement/reads elsewhere and had also fleshed out his implosion read enough that it was harder for me to see as being faked or agenda-driven.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (isolation #44) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:59 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 323, Uncle Shelby wrote:
In post 267, Black Ranger wrote:i read the first 4 pages and only managed to get a townread on imp

simply because i really hated post . it looked like a giant spotlight saying, "hey, there's scum in here". when you point at one person it's tough to have something stick but when you spotlight two players it's a lot easier to have criticism to be valid for at least one of them. based on the state of this page i'd say it had an effect.

HEAL: implosion
HEAL: Uncle Shelby
HEAL: Black Ranger

VOTE: CheekofGamma
Now this is interesting. To be clear, my understanding of calling two players "unaligned" is that they are not S-S, not necessarily that it is S-T. I believe this was Cheeky's intention as well iirc. Anyway, 11 posts later, I said the same thing about Iverson/Cheek, but I've ended up in your coalition, and Cheek ends up with a vote? I'm not sure I understand your process.
this is the first Shelby point that I actually like (it feels like the rest of their catchup posts/questions up to this point are more centered around finding 'gotcha!' contradictions than they demonstrate genuine solving, or interpreting people's posts with charitable intent)

but there's a part of me that kinda feels like this could be distancing? The last sentence is really tentative tonally compared to some of their posts about me and Cheek ("I don't like this, this doesn't look great, this looks fake, what the hell?", etc)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (isolation #45) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

implo can you talk about why you have Black Ranger in your coalition? I'm really ambivalent on them overall, don't have a meaningful read either way from what they've posted so far
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (isolation #46) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 365, The Cheek of Gamma wrote:GL what made you locktown Iverson?
~ C
I thought the angle they took to use Vulture as a way to attempt to read/sort implosion as well as the Gamma metaread were nuanced thought processes that are difficult to fake as scum, also the way they navigated reading GL vs Kobalition as a TvT - didn't try to stir things up from the sidelines nor make a bid for towncred by over-emphasizing it as a TvT read.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (isolation #47) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:15 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 372, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 350, Datisi wrote:PookyTheMagicalBear [5]: GuiltyLion, PookyTheMagicalBear, Art, The Cheek of Gamma, Vulture
does any1 have a problem with my coalition

lets hear some criticism.

"im not on it" is not a valid complaint.
I'm not confident about Art, what makes you more sure on Art than higher content slots like Kobalition/implosion?

overall I think it's a good coalition though I don't think I'd object to it
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (isolation #48) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:19 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 387, implosion wrote:I do and we have like two weeks. Calm down.
I think we need to be forcing the issue more on the Coalition, we can't delay that until the last second before deadline cause we'd be forced into a rushed elimination if it fails. And scum panic/manipulation if they are not included will be easier to see if we're closer to locking a Coalition.

I think I'll join Pooky's coalition at the moment, I'm confident in Pooky/Cheek/Vulture and willing to sheep on Art
HURT: implosion
HEAL: Art
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (isolation #49) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:21 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 410, The Cheek of Gamma wrote:Implosion/vulture?
~ C
Why is Vulture scum?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (isolation #50) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 415, Black Ranger wrote:I really liked 94. The "fuck you and the horse you rode in on" vibe I'm getting does read completely like bravado and may even be performative. How has The Coaltion being outed as Koba as of post 128 effected how you feel about the theatrics of their behavior?

Also, what experience do you have with Koba? I'm looking over MN 2199 (starting at day 2) and MN 2205 to spot a difference.
I don't have direct experience with Koba, but I am aware they're a polarizing player that I do buy has the stronger ego/bravado playstyle that I was originally disliking likely regardless of alignment. I also read the hydra ISO of Pooky/Koba in the last Coalition game they referenced, and while it was hard to tell sometimes which was Pooky and which was Koba, the overall approach to the game also felt similar to play here.

This has weakened my scumread, but at the same time I still haven't found any strong town indicators in their ISO. I do like that Kobalition and I have a lot of similar reads - but now the scumread on Art is hard for me to grok and I wonder whether it's meant to try to purposely subvert Pooky's coalition - part of why I'm joining it.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (isolation #51) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 417, Uncle Shelby wrote:Interesting that the only people who have a problem with my playstyle being "uncharitable" are my scumreads
Interesting that you can't seem to imagine why someone town who is being asked about surface-level "contradictions" wouldn't find your approach disingenuous.

Did you have any further thoughts on my and ? Did I address your questions in a satisfying way?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (isolation #52) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:32 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'd like Art/Vulture to sell me on why we should have Uncle Shelby in a Coalition over Cheek. I see where Vulure's coming from with the Cheek pressure on page 18, but knowing Gamma I can imagine him reacting that way as town. I still find Uncle Shelby very hard to see as town, his pushes feel very surface level and like he's playing with an agenda to throw dirt on townies (myself, Cheek) rather than find town and build a winning coalition.

Specifically my I think highlights this point most directly. He asked me a very shallow question ("why didn't you consider scum!Vulture") when the context of my post/question wouldn't make a lot of sense to consider scum!Vulture. And then when he returned to the thread, he completely ignored the substance of my replies to post a cheap dig in . That's attempting to manipulate public opinion, rather than engage with people.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (isolation #53) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:35 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Overall my reads are like this

Coalition-Tier TR: {Vulture, Cheek, Pooky}
weaker-read-but-still-like-for-town: {implosion, Art}
don't want in a coalition: {Kobalition, Uncle Shelby, Black Ranger}

I think there's definitely at least one scum in that bottom three, and I feel good about no scum in the top three.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (isolation #54) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 457, implosion wrote:GL, why is art in the middle tier of your reads? Purely sheeping Pooky? You realize Pooky's reasoning for Art-town is literally nothing, right?
In post 458, implosion wrote:I get putting them in a coalition for the sake of having the same coalition but I don't understand why they're there in your reads; you said you don't jive with a scumread on them but you haven't given any reason to see them as town.
You're not wrong, I don't have especially compelling reasons to townread them based on their own reads or posts, but the fact that I already had three other slots I felt various degrees of scumvibes from as well as me not seeing any of those scummy slots trying to either coalition Art nor scumread Art, makes me feel they're town by the gamestate - it's like they exist independent of any manipulation or associatives from other players, and I don't sense any agenda to their play.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (isolation #55) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 466, The Cheek of Gamma wrote:Pooky/GL would you swap art with coalition?
~ C
I wouldn't want to (yet, haven't read up) but I might be able to get there depending on how others view that coalition. If Pooky felt good about a townread on Kobalition that would go a long way for me
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (isolation #56) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 469, implosion wrote:I just don't understand how 3 people have Art in their coalitions.

One person said they think Art is town for no reason, another person said they're sheeping that person, and another person has now added them to their coalition (though to be fair cheeky has now asked about swapping art with koba).

Where is this coming from? It's entirely possible Art is town but they're seemingly bubbling into coalitions with no actual reason, and I feel like if the coalition fails it's going to lead to a sort of poisoning effect where we can't really resolve anything without eliminating them. I mean maybe that's for the best even, idk. I still just am so skeptical of people claiming they can read strongly into art; I can buy koba's take that it's just unlikely that a townie would have a me/koba team as their take but I don't think it's like, particularly strongly likely to be correct. And none of the people who have included art in their coalition have given a valid reason why they're town afaict.
Honestly the main thing for me was I wanted to start actually forming a coalition instead of vanity voting my own, and to see what kind of reactions/effects that would have.

I struggle with your angles/posts because I can completely understand the reasoning but it benefits you as either alignment to want to swap out a harder-to-read slot for yourself, so I don't think I actually gleaned much AI from this. Although I do think the immediacy/willingness on your side to challenge it is maybe slightly town-indicative as I wonder whether scum!implosion would be more careful/cautious before trying to argue with that coalition, and advocating to policy Art if it fails feels like you are genuinely trying to solve.

p-edit: @Pooky, do you agree with Koba on that?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (isolation #57) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm waffling on implosion, I get why people scumread him but I definitely felt a little mindmeldy with some of his early reads and posts, and even his frustration with Art slot here which on one hand definitely could be maneuvering (as Cheek said in ), I can still also imagine it coming from him as town. I might be getting buddied, he might just be a hard read for me due to us having similar ways of thinking rather than anything alignment indicative

also Art's last post/reasoning there makes me want to locktown him lol
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (isolation #58) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also, sorry I haven't been around much since Friday, this is a busy weekend for me. I might play a bit more later tonight if I can grab the time (unsure), and I'll try to check in at least once tomorrow, but overall I'll only really be able to be consistently present (as opposed to just a brief section of catchup comments/posts) come Monday. I still like the coalition I'm voting
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (isolation #59) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

wahoo! good game everyone! Thank you for modding Datisi, as always the memes/humorous images were great!

towards EOD1 I was feeling most confident in Uncle Shelby scum, whoops.

I enjoyed playing this set up a lot, as someone who generally does better with townhunting than scumhunting
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (isolation #60) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I will admit that my first immediate thought was town-indicative to replace out in that manner, but then when I thought more about it I realized a blacklist can only be ethical if carried out as either alignment, so it wasn't a good reason for a townread. plus I had enough other Actually Good Game Related reasons to townread Iverson (covered in ) regardless, and was already scumreading Kobalition too

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”