Chess- Muffinhead vs Pokerface

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hello. I'm sure I can get time to play you here

Though you should know you don't have to be there at the same time considering how this forum website works with the boards.

You still up for a game muffin head? If so you can edit and post a board in your first post. If this is a 1, I am white and go first. If its a 2, You are white and go first.

Original Roll String: 1d2
1 2-Sided Dice: (1) = 1
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

Cool. In case you do eventually want to have rappid game play at same time I am in Ohio which is EST of USA. GMT -5 (-4 in summertime with DST). And if I am not mistaken, you live somewhere in Aussieland

1. e4
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #5 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by PokerFace »

2. Nf3

go horsey go
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #7 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

3. Nc3
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #9 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

4. d3
moving the pawn up

Also you need to update the board in your first post.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #11 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by PokerFace »

5: Bg5
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #13 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by PokerFace »

6. exd5

First blood pawn takes pawn
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #15 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by PokerFace »

7. dxc6

pawn kills knight. Sorry about taking awhile to post again here. Been busy with alot of mafia games today.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #17 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

I might be busy a little over the next few days but I should still get some time to play here. Update the board when you get a chance. That way you and I can think ahead should either of us get good plans.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #19 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

not 100% sure on syntax for this but basically my Knight at F3 kills your pawn at E5

8. Nxe5
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #21 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:43 pm

Post by PokerFace »

9. d4
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #23 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

10. Bc4
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #25 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by PokerFace »

hmm...

11. Qf3
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #27 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yes, but I didn't manage to get all that I wanted out of that move. I'm now wondering if that 'hmm..." I typed tipped my hand accidently. oh well.

Now I need to you to refresh my memory, what are the formats for the moves when castling? I seem to have forgotten them and I am thinking about castling. Not sure which direction is best yet though.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #29 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

12. O-O-O

yay I'll castle to the left
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #31 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

Was busy this week with work and almost forgot about this thing. My bad. Let's see if we can't pick this up.

13. Nb5
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #33 (isolation #16) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

hmm I thought you'd go somewhere else. Update the board with you last move when you get the chance. I'll tell you my next move after that.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #35 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

I was just generally expecting something more defensive that's all.

14. Qb3
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #37 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

15. Qa4
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #40 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

I believe I already figured it out before you did actually. Otherwise you can show me what you're talking about at the end of this game if there is something else I overlooked. Not like we can't setup the board again by quoting and going back to the game before whatever move. But heck you can go ahead and take a piece from me now if you want. This could get difficult.

16. Bxe6

If that is not the right syntax understand that my bishop is taking yours.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #42 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

17. Nd6+

Placing you in check with both the knight and the queen. Mate can be force within my next 2 moves. This game was fun. I wanted you to kill my bishop or one of my rooks for this exact purpose and had you somehow seen this idea there was the back up option of boxingin/killing your Queen. good game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #44 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

Oh yes I saw that. There were a couple of ways I had to box in or kill the queen in mind you put her over in a place that almost restricts her movement. I did expect a defensive move there. When you moved your Knight to e4 I considered Nd3 to threaten your pawn and protect the pawn that would allow you the threaten both my rooks. but I did not want to give up my knights position so I decided to look for something more offensive or a way to compensate the loss of my own rooks. from a4 my queen could still defend my knight and bishop while not allowing your queen to go to run to a6. I could box you while not giving up some defence. and then I thought what move I could make after you moved your knight. I thought of moving my other knight to help my kill your queen agenda but then I realized moving the knight next to my queen would place you in check and that you would be in check via both the queen and the knight. I could do it twice forcing you to move your king instead of being able to block me. Once I get my opponents king on the run I always think of other ways to roll with it and get the win or trap them to take a great piece so I went ahead with a4 since it gave me to oportunity to do both those things despite loosing a rook or a bishop

My play style consists of setting up traps and making sacrifices that gain position and or victory when my openant sees what they want. they see they can now kill my queen. they do it without a second thought. I imediatly put them in mate using my bishop and knights. People that play overly defensive usually beat me good because they don't give me the chance to trap them or they actually notice the traps. mith's play style covers alot of angles and defenses. I wasn't able to set a trap for him and he found away to cover my attack angle and at the same time strengthen his own offense.

Below is the game being played out to all possibilities you can see here why I killed your bishop and thats because it hindered my progress putting you in mate. I didn't need my own bishop to mat you so I used him to get rid of what was stopping me. Why kill someones queen when you can put them in mate instead.

OR

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”