Micro 1029: 8-Ball (but with Wolves) Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2017 (isolation #200) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:02 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2016, House wrote:I voted imaginality yesterday because I wanted to avoid another fucking week of useless bullshit about who to vote today.
You wanted to just lose the game immediately?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2018 (isolation #201) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:04 pm

I mean, I'm no expert, but voting someone you strongly believe to be town in lylo just to prevent the game dragging on sounds like legitimately throwing.

I'm sorry, but it does.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2020 (isolation #202) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:04 pm

Why didn't you vote me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2022 (isolation #203) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:12 pm

Bingle, can you link a recent scumgame?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2025 (isolation #204) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:00 am

Oh, here's a better question.

Bingle, can you provide some examples of you doing similar things to the Wisdom hammer?

That's intentionally left vague. The hammer seemed out of character for you, and there's a reason I called it a scumclaim.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2026 (isolation #205) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:01 am

And House, please knock it off. You joined the game, you committed to playing it until the end. Not until you've decided you should no longer have to play it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2027 (isolation #206) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:03 am

And I'm going to underscore that it was
your
erratic behavior that's the reason I didn't just hammer Bingle and move on with my life. Everything you did yesterday looks transparently like an attempt to score a mis-execution on me or Bingle. And this doesn't erase what happened in earlier days to make Bingle scummy and you towny, but it does complicate it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2030 (isolation #207) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:00 am

I mostly just don't understand the town motivation for it at all.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2032 (isolation #208) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:29 pm

How likely did you think it was that Wisdom was the 8-ball?

You were concerned about it on D1 when a few people mentioned him as a possible execution target. But on D2 after he got a full-fledged wagon you didn't seem that worried...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2036 (isolation #209) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:57 am

In post 2033, Bingle wrote:At the point of the hammer? Unlikely. I took literally everyone in the thread (including wisdom) prodding me for thinking he might be as an indication he wasn’t.
People prodded you for thinking he might be on D1. Obviously it would be totally different on D2.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2038 (isolation #210) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:41 am

In post 2035, Bingle wrote:Nor was it a scum move: if I had been scum there, I wasn’t actually in a bad place.
The thing is, you don't need to be in a bad place for it to be worth it. If you 8-ball yourself then it's actually pretty smooth sailing-- ideally you just get executed, but even if you don't, imaginality really wasn't under much pressure and it wouldn't seem that hard to vote out tw + the afk slot.

I mean you made it to F3 on the basis of 8-ball speculation so like, clearly it wasn't necessarily suicidal.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2039 (isolation #211) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:50 am

Yeah, sorry, I'm not convinced by any of that.

I can see a world where you are town-- as I said, whoever is town here did play a pretty bad game. But MT had House as solidly town and you solidly scum, and both Wisdom and tw had you lower at the time of their deaths, and House's D4 play doesn't make a ton of sense as any alignment (though it does make more sense as scum). If you really hammered Wisdom without worrying about whether he could be 8-ball after you were that scared of it the day before, I mean... I don't know what to tell you. Also, you just going dead silent once we started locking you as scum is really really not the right move if you're actually town.

VOTE: Bingle
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2046 (isolation #212) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:06 pm

Sorry for dragging it out. I really wanted to drop the Occam's razor hammer on Bingle immediately but I had a hard time silencing the doubts about House. At least I didn't let paranoia talk me out of a solved game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2049 (isolation #213) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:18 pm

Also damn my reads upon replacing in really were perfect. I'm pretty happy about that, even if I didn't tell anyone what they were for half the day :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2086 (isolation #214) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:01 am

I have a rule in my ruleset that I think covers it pretty well:
No vote trickery. Votes inside spoiler tags and obviously broken quotes will not be counted. Don't attempt to confuse other players over whether your vote was valid.
Situations like this are exactly why I have it laid out in my rules ahead of time.

But if you have to make a judgement call, I think going with implicit intent is fine-- in this case it was clearly presented as a quote fail, and going by only the presentation does not leak any information. If Taly were scum who intended to make a real vote look like an accident, he would deserve to have it not counted, because that's shady.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2090 (isolation #215) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:41 am

It's rare, but I've seen it come up. Also sometimes people deliberately do things like "VOTE: Taly]/vote]" and I just want to discourage that because it's not in the spirit of the game.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”