Geriatric/lower post games and rulesets in 2021

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Geriatric/lower post games and rulesets in 2021

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Ydrasse »

Is there any sort of audience for this sort of thing in 2021? I know there was a geriatric thread (updated about a year ago) but I can’t recall a game run since then with the geriatric rule set. There are some games that I’ve seen or played in attempting to limit upper levels of posts and they seem rather pleasant.

It feels like more and more I see people fatigued by games that have 100 pages on day one, so:

- Are you interested in geriatric games/games with a post limit per day/etc?
- What’s the appeal of high volume posting in a game for you, if applicable?
- How would you implement a post limit/restriction? Flat number of posts per day, phase, percentage based, etc?
- Are there certain setups you’d like to see ran with any limitations, or setups you think benefit from higher posting?

I’m interested in running games with a limit on posts per day but I want to see what people think about them in general before I queue one up, and if there’s something specific that people find more appealing (off the top of my head I’d probably go with something ran recently in the open queue).
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:48 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i think my worry with triple posting as a limit would be like, someone doing a catch-up in a time zone when people are asleep and they can’t post a third thought because there’s no one to break up the triplet; do you use discretion with that sort of thing if it’s like, say, five posts that are of a decent length and “”worthwhile”” versus low-content?

i guess that brings into question then what counts as content, though.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #5 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i think the issue with using the draft feature/etc on mobile is that it's... kind of a hassle to have to copy and paste everyone on a phone, which like... it isn't the biggest hassle in the world sure but it's /enough/ of one that i, at least, find myself unwilling/less likely to quote things and make a mess of maneuvering on a smaller screen the reply boxes and the like. it feels inherently harder to express my thoughts that way so i think that... i dunno, on that front it's kinda hard to balance people not posting from phone without making it more of an issue for them? probably? i don't know if other people feel that way about phoneposting, but for me it's a bit of a burden.

and yeah, i feel like the issue is like... i'm unsure what amount of posts is a "good" amount, because for players who are joining because of the appeal of lower post counts... is 20 enough per day? 40, if they're all meaty? (this is probably too much imo). is it even enough to advertise a game and just say "do not hyperpost, use common sense with what you do and keep things low count?" because then it's not a requirement and it could fail.

dunno, i think maybe a "common sense" restriction could work in a way, if people are willing to abide by it. post what you *need to* and think about if it's too much/too spammy for a thread or if you just posted 3 pages all on your own.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #8 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:01 am