He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #54 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:02 am

Post by T3 »

In post 48, petapan wrote:
White Knght
26/07/21 petapan Dannflor Not Quite Normal Multiball Replacing into a slot that had not only faked a scumslip but fakeclaimed a role that did not fit the setup, Dannflor amended the claim to his true role, vanilla townie, and seemed resigned to dying as his slot was being run up, only to post so hard and so townie that enough people started having doubts and decided to give him time, with him becoming a top townread of the masonry that took charge of the game. This lead to a turnaround into a day 1 scum elimination, and continuing from there, with Dannflor staying alive to endgame. Truly an impressive turnaround for a slot most would have written off as doomed.
nth :oops:
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:06 am

Post by T3 »

I destroyed my slot and was very surprised when Dannflor survived.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by T3 »

I really fucked up that game lol
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by T3 »

i had a nom in mind for a while and every time i get on laptop i keep forgetting to write it up :lol:
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by T3 »

the nom that i kept meaning to write was lukewarm for rising star
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:28 am

Post by T3 »

In post 110, fferyllt wrote:I second notscience's Rising Star nomination for Lukewarm and want to add a couple more games for consideration.

Rising Star
04/01/22 fferyllt Lukewarm In the Not Quite Normal large theme game, Luke was a significant member of the town that pulled off a perfect win. The setup was advertised as multiball with a double traitor. He went through the entire game coming under only the slightest suspicion early Day 1. His arguments for the day 1 elimination were strong enough to move several players onto the werewolf's wagon. He was extremely concerned that he was in a monkery (neighborhood guaranteed to not contain werewolves) with possibly two mafia, but kept his cool, fake claimed bulletproof just in case he was the planned night 1 kill, and ultimately came around (correctly) to seeing his hood as all town. It's easy to get lost in the fog of a multiball game, but Luke stayed focused and, as I said was a signficant factor in the win.

In the first running of Guardians of the Fortress, Luke had the correct solve of his mini-game. Unfortunately, my heel-dragging led him to putting down a vote he correctly believed was wrong. This was a tough game with a very experienced player list. Luke used his prior experience with unwnd in his first newbie game to correctly call him scum.

One of Luke's strengths as a player is his ability to take all the role-claim jigsaw pieces and see which ones don't fit from a balance AND flavor perspective. That takes a lot of homework sometimes. As his reputation as a player has amassed this year, his solves are getting listened to more and more, and his influence on games is going to continue to grow. To me, this is the very definition of Rising Star. Potential and reputation combine and lift a player into "beyond the ordinary" territory.
strong nth for lukewarm
also nth jingle for mad scientist

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”