[SETUP] Least Sus

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Fri May 06, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Presumably the best strategy for scum is to make a group with a single town person and split the rest of the groups semi-randomly with at least one scum in each, then just kill the person they confirmed as town the next night.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:37 am

Except going into lylo where that's impossible, I assume?

Doesn't seem eminently breakable, I don't think. Probably the optimal strategy is to put one scum in each group some percentage of the time and do whatever the hell you want the rest of the time. That way it's pretty hard to get any solid info from the groups and there's a ton of WIFOM. It's probably fairly scumsided given that.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6 (isolation #2) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:51 am

In post 4, Irrelephant11 wrote:It's never impossible going into lylo. If you have 3 scum vs 4 town, for example, you're splitting the PL into 3 groups, which can always have at least two players each. In 1v2, all players are in 1 group, etc.
Oh true I was thinking 4 groups for some reason, nvm.

Is it ever possible for the lists to confirm anyone as town? I guess if you got two scum flips off of the same list, it would confirm that day's least sus list as town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #9 (isolation #3) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:08 am

Even with all that I don't think 11:4 is justified. 11:4 mountainous in practice would probably have a town wincon of like 4%, it takes quite a lot to balance it, and if town is flipping people in the least sus group then they are playing super risky and the reward isn't even
that
good.

Scum also have the option of confirming 2 people as town and just leaving them alive for a while, to ensure that the groups give no further info, if they want.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #12 (isolation #4) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:18 am

In post 10, Irrelephant11 wrote:I thought too many townies could lead to too many game days could lead to "oh we flipped a scum the day before lylo and now 2/3 of the playerlist is conftown"
If scum lets this happen it's their own fault, I'd say, because they can preemptively kill the people who they expect might soon become confirmed.

It's really hard to tell what might be balanced just off of intuition. I might try putting this into my EV program to see what it says. Otherwise idk, you could try just running it at 10:3 and see what happens.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”