Micro 1054 || Fuzzy Friends Coalition || Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2920 (isolation #400) » Mon May 30, 2022 11:14 am

Post by fireisredsir »

do not like roden's approach so far today at all tbh so i feel a little better actually
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2924 (isolation #401) » Mon May 30, 2022 11:37 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2922, Roden wrote:
In post 2920, fireisredsir wrote:do not like roden's approach so far today at all tbh so i feel a little better actually
Don't like how?

Y'all are both hedging but you're too scared to vote.
like this is just ridiculous lol

playing elo cautiously and rationally is not hedging and being scared and you should know better
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2929 (isolation #402) » Mon May 30, 2022 11:46 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2925, Roden wrote:You both say it's me.

Neither of you suspect each other.

Neither of you show any real urgency in trying to solve the other.

Yet you don't want to vote me.
we have a whole day phase why would we be urgent? like i said i plan to read and talk and yes i am considering the possibility that it could be std, why would we vote immediately?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2933 (isolation #403) » Mon May 30, 2022 11:53 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2926, Roden wrote:
In post 2923, Roden wrote:I'm very much struggling to understand why I bring the two people who want to vote me to ELo and not Blood, who said I was town. WIFOM isn't even a thing here, bringing Blood actually gives me a chance to win of I'm scum.
Did you miss this post Fire?
i will have more time to talk about this later but

1) yes wifom is 100% a thing, that should be obvious
2) bloodhail also said i was town and that std was town. don't think he ever said you were for sure town, just that he had a gut lean that you might not be scum. p sure his weak eod stuff about sheeping ari/voting me if i don't vote ari was a bait to get you to leave him alive if you're scum. didn't work ig
3) it also doesn't make a ton of sense for std to kill bloodhail bc bloodhail will vote either me or you over std so keeping him alive is a win unless he reassesses based on the weirdness of killing me/you but he doesn't like to reassess in elo so idk. tbh the kill was probably made bc surface level it makes the most sense for me to make and im the most viable miselim for you

gotta go now but be back later
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2934 (isolation #404) » Mon May 30, 2022 11:53 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2932, Roden wrote:
In post 2929, fireisredsir wrote:

we have a whole day phase why would we be urgent? like i said i plan to read and talk and yes i am considering the possibility that it could be std, why would we vote immediately?
Because one of you is just waiting for the other to vote me.
which of us is scum?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2937 (isolation #405) » Mon May 30, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2936, Roden wrote:
In post 2934, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2932, Roden wrote:
In post 2929, fireisredsir wrote:

Because one of you is just waiting for the other to vote me.
which of us is scum?
Take a guess.
you seem to be implying std now which is ??? bc that has not really been your progression at all actually, and it was not clear at all what you think for most of your early posts in this day phase since they were all defensive

it just seems like you're keeping your options open to see which of us has more of a possibility to turn on the other
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2942 (isolation #406) » Mon May 30, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

you seem to be saying one of us is obvious scum but i can't actually tell which one you think is

and you're treating both of us exactly the same which doesn't make any sense in that world

like if you're undecided that's cool but at least own it
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2949 (isolation #407) » Mon May 30, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

bc i am with my fam for memorial day and just wanted to check in to say that i will read and think and post in depth later
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2951 (isolation #408) » Mon May 30, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

idk what that means but you can do it later whats with the urgency
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2978 (isolation #409) » Mon May 30, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

this is bloodhail's most recent summary of his read on you:
In post 2704, bloodhail wrote:i don't know that it's rock solid, but i have the nagging gut feeling that says it might not be roden
this is the closest he ever came to saying you were town. mostly he originally had you as the main datisi partner left after nk15, and later became "not convinced" it was you. meanwhile he said that std was basically never scum in his eyes, and in he says "it's not impossible for [fire] to be scum but id be pretty impressed". he did agree to sheep ari at eod but he was kinda blustering before that so eh

regardless

you can stop saying that he townread you now. thanks. at the very least i think it's clear that he townread me and std more, with the exception of where he said he would sheep ari
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2979 (isolation #410) » Mon May 30, 2022 6:33 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2935, Roden wrote:1) WIFOM to bring two people who I know will vote me vs the one who town read me?
2) I'm sorry, can you explain why I don't take the chance that Blood might not vote me? As opposed to...taking the two people who I know will vote me?
3) Wouldn't scum!STD kill Blood since he had a higher chance of not voting me over you? Also why do you think I'm more likely to vote you over STD?
1) he didn't townread you. and we may or may not be voting you. you know that each of us scumread each other earlier in the game and we may fall back on that
2) WIFOM, or you think you can out-argue me and std and bloodhail is a lot scarier to deal with. he already caught one scum.
3) bloodhail almost certainly votes me or you over std. doesn't matter which one if std is scum. there are multiple paths open to scum!std though, he could also easily kill bloodhail since he's the towniest slot anyway and it sets him up okay in this 3p. and i mostly think you're more likely to vote me bc i think you're scum and i think thats the more viable path for scum!you to take, lol
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2980 (isolation #411) » Mon May 30, 2022 6:35 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2941, Roden wrote:
In post 2933, fireisredsir wrote: it also doesn't make a ton of sense for std to kill bloodhail bc bloodhail will vote either me or you over std so keeping him alive is a win unless he reassesses based on the weirdness of killing me/you but he doesn't like to reassess in elo so idk. tbh the kill was probably made bc surface level it makes the most sense for me to make and im the most viable miselim for you
In post 2937, fireisredsir wrote: it just seems like you're keeping your options open to see which of us has more of a possibility to turn on the other
These thoughts don't mesh with each other at all.
if it isn't clear, uh, no offense but i think you're not playing very well if you're scum here so what i would expect you to have done originally may not necessarily apply anymore since you are taking a bizarre approach
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2981 (isolation #412) » Mon May 30, 2022 6:37 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2944, Roden wrote:I wouldn't say I'm treating you both the same though, I still think it's more likely you. There's a low chance it's STD, if only because for STD to be town he'd have to have zero correct reads this entire game and be borderline game throwing with his blind tunnel on me but refusing to vote me yesterday when I offered to be eliminated before ELo.
In post 2950, Roden wrote:
In post 2949, fireisredsir wrote:bc i am with my fam for memorial day and just wanted to check in to say that i will read and think and post in depth later
What if I told you I'm willing to hammer test you
??????????????????
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2982 (isolation #413) » Mon May 30, 2022 6:39 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2947, Roden wrote:Fire why aren't you questioning STD's abrupt scum read and vote onto Ari?

STD why aren't you doing the same for Fire?
i recommend you drop this point because its not going to go anywhere

me and std yesterday both thought that you were more likely scum, but got convinced by bloodhail to vote ari

we had like the same trajectory p much

at least one of us is confirmed to be town

therefore it is not an inherently scummy trajectory

and therefore, me being town and having had that trajectory, i can understand how town!std could have had the same one. if std is town, he probably has the same experience
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2983 (isolation #414) » Mon May 30, 2022 6:45 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

will post thoughts on stuff not from this day phase tomorrow, i have a few things i wanna go over from both of you
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2990 (isolation #415) » Tue May 31, 2022 5:44 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2988, Roden wrote:What?
why would you want to hammer test me if you think its me with a low chance of it being std?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2993 (isolation #416) » Tue May 31, 2022 8:19 am

Post by fireisredsir »

im halfway through writing things up about reasons for town/scum of both std and roden and i just keep finding way more things for scum roden and town std than the other way around

like datisi play d1 makes a lot more sense paired with mala than with std, which i didn't actually fully notice before now

might just post the reasons i have now and leave it at that
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2995 (isolation #417) » Tue May 31, 2022 8:25 am

Post by fireisredsir »

things that stand out to me, std edition:

town:
1) skitter, irrel, and bloodhail townread him strongly. i think that deserves a good amount of weight. mena scumread him, but i don't think the case was very good, and mena bop'd himself to irrel anyway so i don't think that counts for much

2) the nks were on two of the people who townread him the strongest. he didn't need to keep his poe this wide, so it didn't really benefit him to make both of those kills. he could have left one alive probably

3) i think a lot of the things that he has shown this game are outside the range of what he has previously displayed being capable of as scum. i don't think its impossible that he leveled up his game here, but idk if i want to make that bet

4) he seemed genuinely a little upset that he didn't make it in the coalition, and didn't want to support the coalition that passed. don't expect him to fake that there if he's scum with datisi, since it may have resulted in skitter pushing harder to put him in there too

5) i think he has approached the last few days in a relatively towny way and hasn't felt like he really has a master plan or anything. maybe he doesn't need to bc he could just coast on the people townreading him, but if thats the case then why did he kill them?

scum:
1) i did have an early gutread on him as scum. meh. it went away eventually, but it is in the back of my mind

2) i don't think there's really anything that rules him out as a partner to datisi in their interactions

3) his vote on datisi was fairly late which ig surface level looks somewhat scummy, but i kinda think that if he already waited that long as a datisi partner he probably could just commit to not bussing. don't think its towny but its not that scummy to me imo
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2996 (isolation #418) » Tue May 31, 2022 8:32 am

Post by fireisredsir »

things that stand out to me, roden edition:

town:
1) mala wanted to leave datisi out at a time when she was going to be left out. kinda meh, cause nobody was going to listen to her, and someone recently said she was getting decent at antispew

2) the nk on bloodhail is a little weird, i expected scum!roden to kill std and bet the game on bloodhail's willingness to sheep ari. different paths are possible, but im not really sure why he would choose this one aside from wifom or thinking me/std are easier to deal with

3) bloodhail said that mala responded more harshly to people scumreading her when she's town. i think that was somewhat supported by the meta he posted, but there were other elements that i felt were closer to her scum meta, so i don't really think its clearing

scum:
1) roden's switch from aiming towards voting irrel to voting datisi as soon as bloodhail shows up. this is probably the strongest thing for me, i just cannot see the way that switch happened as being town

2) play today is just... v scummy and lacks any cohesive town thought process

3) there are many times now where he has just stated things that are straight up provable lies and its getting harder to see that as being oblivious town, esp when he says that he reread at night

4) datisi went on a mission (around ) to case std and irrel right after std posted a coalition without datisi/mala and irrel then sheeped it. he also pocketed me a bit when i started questioning irrel as well. clear scum motivation here to break them up a bit if paired with mala. less so if paired with std

5) mala said that she gets stronger as the game goes on as town. she didn't make it in the coalition, and i would expect her to have some new life after that, since she has a narrower poe to focus on and there isn't any immediate pressure on her. she instead lost motivation and didn't really do much. she also switched from scumreading datisi to townreading him as soon as the coalition failed which is super sketchy
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2998 (isolation #419) » Tue May 31, 2022 8:37 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1884, Roden wrote:
In post 1872, Datisi wrote:
In post 1864, Roden wrote:I think Mena is town.
why?
After reading Mena's ISO and getting a feeling for the game state, I don't think Mena vs Elephant is SvS. Mena switching from "kill STD" to "kill Rella -> Ari" after acknowledging he's the most likely elim today feels like a spew that would be harmful to his scum partner since I don't think it would be either of them in that scenario, which makes me think it's a genuine final reads list from a dying townie. I think their frustration with this Day phase is also genuine. Going back further, though I don't think STD is scum, I do think Mena's case on him came from a solvey mindset.
In post 1865, Roden wrote:
@Datisi:
Where's your head at? VCs aren't telling me anything about what you're thinking, you stuck to one coalition choice Day 1 and currently aren't voting anyone.
i have an iso >.> but basically, thinking mena is town for [meta reasons that seem to not vibe with anyone other than skitter], ari is town for the way she played d1. have been thinking skitter is most likely scum in the coalition for a while (but i've kinda liked her more recent posting i guess??? jury's still out), and getting increasingly nervous about irrel

outside the coalition, thinking fire is town but fuck if i know about the other three -- std is more likely to be town than the other two i guess but i am v low confidence on all of those
I actually did read your ISO, I just wanted an updated take since EoD is approaching and you've been fence sitting.

NK15 feels obvtown to me, he's too confident and tunneled to be scum, and everyone here is competent enough to coach him to not flail with his reads/solves going into Day 2. Fire is null to me only because they didn't seem to have the spotlight at all so far. I agree with STD likely being town, but disagree with your Skitter scum read, consensus nominations tend to be town and nothing in her ISO sticks out as scummy to me.

I've noticed while skimming that a lot of people think there's at least one scum between you and Ari, and while I agree, I think it's odd that no one really seemed to push you two. It's too late in the day to do it now, but you two should've been leading wagons imo, that would've given everyone plenty of info seeing who would push who and if your wagons would naturally dissipate. If you were both town, I believe scum would see you two as the optimal push on Day 2, and if I'm right on NK15 being town then scum likely would've backed him when he scum cased the two of you. I just don't see how there could be zero momentum towards wagoning either of you if you're both town and part of the coalition.

I think I'm going to end up voting Elephant today, I just want to finish going through his ISO first. If I end up town reading him though then idk.
In post 2077, Roden wrote:Oof, I finished going through Elephant's ISO then saw ten more pages crop up and that he replaced out. I came away with a town lean, and after catching up I think his replacement is town. Idk who Bloodhail is an alt of but I like their entrance, and us having similar reads after replacing in feels like a good sign that I'm on the right track.

VOTE: Datisi

Gonna go back and reply to some stuff.
quoting these two posts, again, for emphasis

this is still just really hard for me to see as town.

before bloodhail: vaguely says that there's probably 1 scum between datisi and ari, but wants to vote irrel (and the nk read is still probably tmi lol)

after bloodhail: says that irrel slot is now town, and is glad to see bloodhail agreeing with his reads (??), and votes datisi

that's just not a town progression. that's scum quickly trying to reposition after a replacement massively changes the gamestate
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3005 (isolation #420) » Tue May 31, 2022 11:39 am

Post by fireisredsir »

me neither

in this setup you're never going to die before datisi so the counterexample isn't even relevant

let's say you elim bloodhail. nightkill, idk, me or std. you maaaybe can get a mena elim next, but people are going to remember the bloodhail scumread on datisi and will be itching for that. even if you manage it, then you nk another outside the coalition.

i don't think that datisi ever will outlast skitter/ari in that situation, and after he dies you have, what, you and nk left? after you explicitly saved datisi by being the deciding vote to elim bloodhail, silencing someone who was scumreading scum?

i just don't really think that game path looks very promising for you two as a scum team
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3006 (isolation #421) » Tue May 31, 2022 11:40 am

Post by fireisredsir »

also we're literally all outside the coalition and voted datisi. so somebody bussed.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3007 (isolation #422) » Tue May 31, 2022 11:41 am

Post by fireisredsir »

what reads specifically did bloodhail agree with you on?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3008 (isolation #423) » Tue May 31, 2022 11:47 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2999, Roden wrote:I'll respond when you guys actually talk to and question each other
this also isn't town mentality. town would know that one of us is scum. you're just shading both of us equally as if we're teamed up against you

you're not trying to solve or even caring about if we're solving or not, you're just trying to make us feel like we're playing poorly without any consideration to the fact that, from your town pov, one of us is town
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3012 (isolation #424) » Tue May 31, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3010, Roden wrote:
In post 3007, fireisredsir wrote:what reads specifically did bloodhail agree with you on?
I think all of them except NK15. I made my reads list before Blood replaced in.
his top scumreads were datisi/mala/nk15.

your top scumread was him. you said that nk15 was obvtown. the only other suspicion you had mentioned was that you kinda thought there was 1 among datisi/ari. your mena townread was based on preflipping irrel as scum.

those aren't very similar reads
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3018 (isolation #425) » Tue May 31, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1884, Roden wrote:
In post 1864, Roden wrote:I think Mena is town.
why?
After reading Mena's ISO and getting a feeling for the game state, I don't think Mena vs Elephant is SvS. Mena switching from "kill STD" to "kill Rella -> Ari" after acknowledging he's the most likely elim today feels like a spew that would be harmful to his scum partner since I don't think it would be either of them in that scenario, which makes me think it's a genuine final reads list from a dying townie.
you said that mena was town bc he wasn't partnered with irrel. later in that post you were planning to vote irrel. how else should that be interpreted?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3019 (isolation #426) » Tue May 31, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3017, Roden wrote:
In post 3015, Save The Dragons wrote:You said you were going to vote elephant
Quote it.
you just did...
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3024 (isolation #427) » Tue May 31, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

im town
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3025 (isolation #428) » Tue May 31, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

prob will vote too but was in the middle of reading some past roden games lol so might as well finish that
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3029 (isolation #429) » Tue May 31, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

call me bad!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3031 (isolation #430) » Tue May 31, 2022 12:23 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

roden real talk if you're town can you please go over and the surrounding context (irrel and std both voting a coalition without mala/datisi, but with std) and give me a plausible reason why datisi paired with std then starts shading irrel and std and pocketing me when i push on irrel?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3032 (isolation #431) » Tue May 31, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3030, Roden wrote:No not you, STD
i thought whoever was town here was bad
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3036 (isolation #432) » Tue May 31, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i just feel like i was being equal amounts of unreasonable fypov so im not sure why that frustration isn't extending to me
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3038 (isolation #433) » Tue May 31, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3035, Save The Dragons wrote:let me know if you need anything fire i'm probably not going to case roden any more than i have
can you just give me like a paragraph explaining why you're not scum here
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3051 (isolation #434) » Tue May 31, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3043, Roden wrote:If Datisi supposedly spent time dragging STD down, then why did he not show any intent in wanting to vote him out? Datisi only wanted Elephant and Skitter, and though he didn't want vote out Mena he didn't show any intent to block his elimination. Instead, both Datisi and STD enabled/supported the Elephant -> Mena chain mis-elim.
? elims happen in the coalition until we hit scum
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3058 (isolation #435) » Tue May 31, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3054, Roden wrote:
In post 3051, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3043, Roden wrote:If Datisi supposedly spent time dragging STD down, then why did he not show any intent in wanting to vote him out? Datisi only wanted Elephant and Skitter, and though he didn't want vote out Mena he didn't show any intent to block his elimination. Instead, both Datisi and STD enabled/supported the Elephant -> Mena chain mis-elim.
? elims happen in the coalition until we hit scum
I understand that. But what exactly was the point of the shade on STD then? Why would Datisi "drag him down" like STD claims, only to not ever be on his suspicion list? Why did STD want Datisi to be in the Coalition with him if Datisi suspected him?
irrel and std were townreading each other and had a winning coalition that they were pushing and both were fairly townread by people who weren't me. datisi needed to pull them apart or he would lose since mala wasn't going to get in. it wasn't really ever a suspicion, just trying to pull down the townreads. which is way less likely to come from partners, if they were partners i would expect legit suspicion because why not, datisi always dies first
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3064 (isolation #436) » Tue May 31, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

theyre also all after coalition failed lmao
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3065 (isolation #437) » Tue May 31, 2022 1:25 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

roden can you explain what you were thinking at start of day today? you weren't very clear in where you were at
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3070 (isolation #438) » Tue May 31, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3069, Roden wrote:
In post 3065, fireisredsir wrote:roden can you explain what you were thinking at start of day today? you weren't very clear in where you were at
I was just mad that you guys voted Ari instead when I said vote me, and then started the day off with "so it's probably just Roden right" as if I hadn't tried to avoid that exact scenario.
you said you reread the game. what conclusions did you come to?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3073 (isolation #439) » Tue May 31, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3072, Roden wrote:
In post 3070, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3069, Roden wrote:
In post 3065, fireisredsir wrote:roden can you explain what you were thinking at start of day today? you weren't very clear in where you were at
I was just mad that you guys voted Ari instead when I said vote me, and then started the day off with "so it's probably just Roden right" as if I hadn't tried to avoid that exact scenario.
you said you reread the game. what conclusions did you come to?
That either you were scum and STD was bad and stubborn, or you were town and scum!STD took advantage of my hesitance to scum read him after what happened in Control.
those are indeed the two options. did you make any attempt to determine which was more likely during your reread?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3074 (isolation #440) » Tue May 31, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3071, Roden wrote:If you trusted Skitter and you trusted Datisi, why didn't that ping you when they scum read each other? Why didn't you try to have a stake in their argument? If you thought they were TvT then why did you hedge on Skitter after the Coalition failed?
i don't really care about this line of questioning at all btw so unless you can convince me that it's relevant (unlikely), feel free to stop!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3082 (isolation #441) » Tue May 31, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3076, Roden wrote:I said it earlier, it was more likely to be you than STD, but STD kept saying really scummy shit today that gave me pause. It's why I suggested hammer testing you.
and why did you think it was more likely to be me?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3085 (isolation #442) » Tue May 31, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3081, Roden wrote:
In post 3077, Roden wrote:
In post 3074, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3071, Roden wrote:If you trusted Skitter and you trusted Datisi, why didn't that ping you when they scum read each other? Why didn't you try to have a stake in their argument? If you thought they were TvT then why did you hedge on Skitter after the Coalition failed?
i don't really care about this line of questioning at all btw so unless you can convince me that it's relevant (unlikely), feel free to stop!
Why?
To add to this I don't really care at all if my questions annoy you, if you want to vote me because you got annoyed then go ahead.
because i don't think you are presenting a very accurate view of the game and i don't think that what you're talking about is very relevant to std's alignment
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3086 (isolation #443) » Tue May 31, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3083, Roden wrote:
In post 3080, Save The Dragons wrote:What question
Fire how can you possibly think this is town lmao
i don't know what the question is either
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3093 (isolation #444) » Tue May 31, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3088, Roden wrote:
In post 3082, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3076, Roden wrote:I said it earlier, it was more likely to be you than STD, but STD kept saying really scummy shit today that gave me pause. It's why I suggested hammer testing you.
Because I scum read you early on, you were a null slot that I went back and forth on over the game. Yesterday I wasn't so sure anymore because I didn't think it was you or Ari, and if I was right then ELo would likely be a town loss and offered to get voted out then. I gave reasons earlier for what made me think why you could be town, but STD seemed to wrong with all of his reads to actually be scum so I thought he had to be town. I town read Ari more than you as well, you were just the PoE.
i want to hear the reasons you had for why you thought i was more likely. i know that im conftown now but it wasn't very long ago, you should be able to remember

the best i have so far is that i was poe scum because:
- std's reads were too wrong for him to be scum

is that all? please expand if there is more to it.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3094 (isolation #445) » Tue May 31, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3090, Roden wrote:
In post 3085, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3081, Roden wrote:
In post 3077, Roden wrote:
In post 3074, fireisredsir wrote:
Why?
To add to this I don't really care at all if my questions annoy you, if you want to vote me because you got annoyed then go ahead.
because i don't think you are presenting a very accurate view of the game and i don't think that what you're talking about is very relevant to std's alignment
You don't think STD blatantly trying to get Datisi into the Coalition and then voting to save him is relevant? Why is that townie but me voting to elim Datisi is scummy?
you've moved the goalposts so many times in this conversation and it was based on a faulty premise originally so it's kinda impossible to even know what you're talking or asking about at this point
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3097 (isolation #446) » Tue May 31, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3095, Roden wrote:
In post 3093, fireisredsir wrote:
Because I scum read you early on, you were a null slot that I went back and forth on over the game. Yesterday I wasn't so sure anymore because I didn't think it was you or Ari, and if I was right then ELo would likely be a town loss and offered to get voted out then. I gave reasons earlier for what made me think why you could be town, but STD seemed to wrong with all of his reads to actually be scum so I thought he had to be town. I town read Ari more than you as well, you were just the PoE.
i want to hear the reasons you had for why you thought i was more likely. i know that im conftown now but it wasn't very long ago, you should be able to remember

That's really all there was to it. The PoE was only because everyone else was townier. NK15 only got added later because I figured if I was wrong about a read, it was that one.
i have a very hard time not just treating this as a scumclaim
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3104 (isolation #447) » Tue May 31, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3099, Roden wrote:
In post 3097, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3095, Roden wrote:
In post 3093, fireisredsir wrote:

That's really all there was to it. The PoE was only because everyone else was townier. NK15 only got added later because I figured if I was wrong about a read, it was that one.
i have a very hard time not just treating this as a scumclaim
How?
because your entire reasoning heading into elo for which slot was scum is that one of them had too many bad reads and therefore had to be town? ive read your games now, you're not that bad at town
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3106 (isolation #448) » Tue May 31, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

here you talk about how town will lose in elo if they play impulsively:

Subject: Mini Theme 2259: Superfight Mafia!
Roden wrote:
In post 864, jjh927 wrote:Oh, and to reiterate for you, Roden-

Throwing the fight is absolutely not against the spirit of the game. There's no obligation to pick the strongest thing you can think of, or even something that you think could win. I am not telling you what to pick. Rather, from a perspective of the game of mafia, if you think your death would be beneficial to town then you should try to lose the fight. I am telling you, objectively, your
death is beneficial to town regardless of your alignment.
Please go to whatever lengths you can to ensure you die tonight.
If you are town, and you win the fight, we will literally lose the game as a result.
Don't see how we lose. If we elim scum today and it does turn out to be Faerie, I'm likely fighting you tonight if you're town. If I win the fight, you can't tunnel me in ELo, and instead I'm going into ELo with Flea at the very least, who doesn't scum read me. Worst case scenario, ELo is Flea/Dwlee/me and Dwlee is town and death tunnels me, and scum!Flea just quick hammers once Dwlee votes.

Basically we only lose if town plays impulsively, which I don't expect anyone here to do.
why were you encouraging me and std to play impulsively at start of day, and criticizing us for taking our time and rereading? you were acting like you weren't even aware of that as a concept, but here you clearly are.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3108 (isolation #449) » Tue May 31, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3105, Roden wrote: You're right, I'm not. That's why I voted out scum.

But no I guess you think my master scum plan was to throw the game by voting out my town read scum partner than claiming scum
this is entirely irrelevant to my point. all three of us voted out scum. you can stop playing that card now.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3111 (isolation #450) » Tue May 31, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

std has done far more game analysis and consideration of reasoning for who is scum than you this day so i wouldn't recommend playing the "doing literally nothing else" card either, because you lose that one too
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3112 (isolation #451) » Tue May 31, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3110, Roden wrote:
In post 3108, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3105, Roden wrote: You're right, I'm not. That's why I voted out scum.

But no I guess you think my master scum plan was to throw the game by voting out my town read scum partner than claiming scum
this is entirely irrelevant to my point. all three of us voted out scum. you can stop playing that card now.
Why do I keep having to repeat that I came into the game with fresh reads that changed the game state

I'm so fucking over this
your reads did not change the game state. you made no push on datisi and were happy to continue the game state by voting irrel. bloodhail's reads changed the gamestate, and you followed him.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3113 (isolation #452) » Tue May 31, 2022 2:13 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

like im sorry but you just keep saying things that are not true
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3116 (isolation #453) » Tue May 31, 2022 2:16 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3114, Roden wrote:Fire I seriously don't understand why you think I would give an honest answer that sounds scummy and will probably piss you off instead of just telling you what you want to hear if I'm actually scum

You're even reading my games right now, have you seen me do that?
i haven't seen you do what you're claiming to have done as town, either
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3119 (isolation #454) » Tue May 31, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

make no attempt to solve things and have no good reasons to support your reads
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3120 (isolation #455) » Tue May 31, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3117, Roden wrote:
In post 3111, fireisredsir wrote:std has done far more game analysis and consideration of reasoning for who is scum than you this day so i wouldn't recommend playing the "doing literally nothing else" card either, because you lose that one too
All he said was "idk it's probably Roden" over and over and occasionally sniping at me. He barely made any attempts to read either of us.
don't agree, he did more than you prior to voting
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3122 (isolation #456) » Tue May 31, 2022 2:22 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

you were entirely focused on defense and making weird callouts of how we were playing and gave little to no reasoning as to why you town or scumread either of us. std clearly reread and reassessed things and gave his thoughts
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3126 (isolation #457) » Tue May 31, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

shrug

im still gonna sleep on it, will vote tomorrow
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3128 (isolation #458) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:53 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ok

i do still have doubts fwiw. i think some of the actions near the end of coalition phase actually kinda make more sense for a datisi/std team than a datisi/mala team. but there's also parts earlier that make a lot more sense for datisi/mala

i also can't really reconcile roden saying that he did everything he could and worked his ass off while also admitting that he made no real attempts to solve for the final scum and that his entire reasoning coming into elo was that std had too many bad reads to come from scum. like those two thoughts can't seriously come from the same brain

thats not really what im basing things on tho, it just makes me feel better about the vote bc i think std has shown a lot more town thought process this day phase than roden has

but even disregarding that completely i think that mala/roden took actions that had more scum motivation than std's actions. datisi took actions that make sense as partnered with both at different times, so it's hard to judge from that side

wp to std if wrong here. or if right tbh, wp either way

VOTE: Roden
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3135 (isolation #459) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:17 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ahh fuck
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3137 (isolation #460) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:18 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2191, fireisredsir wrote:i think i would feel much worse about if i voted datisi and he flipped town compared to mena/bloodhail

which historically for me i think means its more likely to be the correct vote
i had this thought btw but shoved it down and ignored it

cause i would have felt WAY worse about flipping std town here

just gonna vote everyone that i would feel bad about flipping town from now on
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3138 (isolation #461) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:21 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3136, Aristeia wrote:gg wp

sorry for the tunnel fire :<
is ok i thought i was for sure gonna die in elo tbh i think i was like objectively the scummiest person left based on actions taken
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3143 (isolation #462) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:33 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 220, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 217, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 200, fireisredsir wrote:anyway now that mala has posted my first shot at a coalition is

HEAL: fireisredsir
HEAL: skitter
HEAL: not known 15
HEAL: irrelephant
HEAL: malakittens
HEAL: fireisredsir
HEAL: skitter
HEAL: not known 15
HEAL: irrelephant
HEAL: malakittens
I could get here. Why is malakittens more town than save the dragons? @NK15 and @fireisredsir
Also what gives you the confidence to ignore aristeia's scumcase on fireisredsir? I don't think it's like... awesome, but I thought there were 1-2 good points in it. @NK15
oof imagine if we just blitzed this through

it was never gonna happen

but imagine
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3144 (isolation #463) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:34 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ty for mod and for playing everyone!! sorry i got it wrong in the end but std just outplayed, well done

really liked the setup, would love to play this again, it was super fun
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3162 (isolation #464) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:52 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

Subject: Micro 1054 || Fuzzy Friends Coalition || Mafia PT
Save The Dragons wrote:the amount to which this town underestimates me is disgusting

but it will be their downfall so it's fine
true

may it never happen again
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3170 (isolation #465) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:49 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i still think the early tone was scummy