Micro 1076: Divide and Conquer [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:22 am

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

We are all just suburbanites then?
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:42 am

town names get newed up all the time
New Paris
New Miami
New Edinburgh
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:48 am

Instead of new in my area we have Eureka and Yreka because we ran out of names I swear.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:00 am

Osuka would you say your read of Krile is?
I can't say I disagree but there is a forced feeling to Krile's posts but I also am noting that Krile seems particularly touchy on certain things like the Stardew Valley thing, which to me seems to be an immediate emotional response.
However, I also think that Osuka going after Krile seems to be his focus so far, I don't think its very alignment indicative unless Osuka has a history of that action.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:34 am

Osuka came down hard on my post which seems to indicate a pattern of aggressiveness which I kinda doubt scum Osuka would do perticulary seeing as it seems consistent.
That was on purpose btw
Krile explain to me how you tr Osuka now?
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:40 am

Are you meaning to say that scum you could pull that off?
I would expect there to be some difficulty in doing it to your own scumpartner if it is Krile so I don't feel that is a combo that works very well.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:46 am

In post 124, osuka wrote:
In post 120, WaltertheDunce10 wrote: Are you meaning to say that scum you could pull that off?
I would expect there to be some difficulty in doing it to your own scumpartner if it is Krile so I don't feel that is a combo that works very well.
is this @me?
yes
Really should have put the quote there for context its post 114
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:49 am

In post 114, osuka wrote:
In post 112, WaltertheDunce10 wrote: Osuka came down hard on my post which seems to indicate a pattern of aggressiveness which I kinda doubt scum Osuka would do perticulary seeing as it seems consistent.
bad take
Are you meaning to say that scum you could pull that off?
Alright with quote now.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:56 am

In post 138, osuka wrote: statistics aren't even real anyway
NOT REAL!
My major is having a meltdown after your statement.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:58 am

I am concerned about reality now
Then I guess polls don't exist then.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:00 pm

In post 160, Firebringer wrote:
In post 112, WaltertheDunce10 wrote: Osuka came down hard on my post which seems to indicate a pattern of aggressiveness which I kinda doubt scum Osuka would do perticulary seeing as it seems consistent.
That was on purpose btw
Krile explain to me how you tr Osuka now?
why is aggressiveness equal not scum if its consistent?
It would be hard to fake over time particularly with their scumpartner they would have to be more careful.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:59 pm

In post 184, Firebringer wrote: i think krile being scum would be spicy.
I haven't liked any of WaltertheDunce10 takes especially with osuka but i think we are just disaggreeing on how scum play here so not really interested in arguing with him or pushing because of that
Fair enough
I also have not played in a long time so that is prob also a factor.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:14 pm

In post 198, The Bulge wrote: drew's push is bad but doesn't make sense from scum if osuka is town, no real sense that he's trying to convince anyone to wagon up it's just a lot of emotions
I agree with this as I don't feel scum would pursue this so far and it was quite emotional
On Osuka I am not sure about as much however they both seemed frustrated at each other.
However 178 and 177 181 feels like asking a person to change is not effective.
I do feel with Firebringer's post below that there could be a scum there if he is also scum as a way to calm down the flames of his partner particulary seeing that he told Osuka to calm down multiple times.
In post 182, Firebringer wrote: "player better and ill be nicer" is an approach that i don't think he has ever actually worked and if anything just makes things more hostile.

ur better of not doing that and flipping coins to get better outcomes than just being rude and expecting the other person just to have a change of attitude/play because of you being rude.

kind of like yelling at a customer service person and thinking that actually gets them to do their job harder or better because they are on hot seat. no, they just gonna be angry and less likely want to help you out and complain about you later.

all of this to say, we can be critical and give constructive feedback to improve each other without having to be dicks.

I should go back and lay down now, im tired
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:18 pm

In post 204, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
In post 198, The Bulge wrote: drew's push is bad but doesn't make sense from scum if osuka is town, no real sense that he's trying to convince anyone to wagon up it's just a lot of emotions
I agree with this as I don't feel scum would pursue this so far and it was quite emotional
On Osuka I am not sure about as much however they both seemed frustrated at each other.
However 178 and 177 181 feels like asking a person to change is not effective.
I do feel with Firebringer's post below that there could be a scum there if he is also scum as a way to calm down the flames of his partner particulary seeing that he told Osuka to calm down multiple times.
In post 182, Firebringer wrote: "player better and ill be nicer" is an approach that i don't think he has ever actually worked and if anything just makes things more hostile.

ur better of not doing that and flipping coins to get better outcomes than just being rude and expecting the other person just to have a change of attitude/play because of you being rude.

kind of like yelling at a customer service person and thinking that actually gets them to do their job harder or better because they are on hot seat. no, they just gonna be angry and less likely want to help you out and complain about you later.

all of this to say, we can be critical and give constructive feedback to improve each other without having to be dicks.

I should go back and lay down now, im tired
Never mind that they are both in the same chat so that cannot be true
Pedit
Yes i just realized that
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:26 pm

In post 209, Firebringer wrote: kind of leaning town on bulge given him wanting to elim in three hood. but i also want to hunt more in the bigger hood instead of focusing on people in my hood if that makes sense.

in essence i want to go for the easy scum but focus on everyone else first. end the day on 3p hood cause 50/50 odds is just too good
Who do you see as scum?
You are in the 3 person hood so do you feel either of the people in your hood is more likely?
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:47 pm

In post 212, Firebringer wrote:
In post 211, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
In post 209, Firebringer wrote: kind of leaning town on bulge given him wanting to elim in three hood. but i also want to hunt more in the bigger hood instead of focusing on people in my hood if that makes sense.

in essence i want to go for the easy scum but focus on everyone else first. end the day on 3p hood cause 50/50 odds is just too good
Who do you see as scum?
You are in the 3 person hood so do you feel either of the people in your hood is more likely?
i said who i think as scum if ur asking for my own hood gun to head right now its osuka. But im not gonna focus on my hood till i think i got a good grasp on ur hood and want to hunt there.

r u guys using hood right now? we aren't using our hood at all just discussing if we should even bother using it.
I guess I see the validity of that.
Who is it then in our hood then because I don't feel there is a thing as easy scum and feels like you may be opportunistically going after an easy elim.
There have been posts in our hood.
I don't like the way you seem to be asking about easy scum hunting then voting the manga on krile while deflecting on who scum might be. And then asking about the hood seems odd as it seem you are trying to fish out how much it is being used.
VOTE: firebringer
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:06 pm

In post 215, Firebringer wrote: did u read my prior posts about krile?
i don't know what u even talking about with opportunism here we are day 1 at page 9, we are nowhere near an elim and i don't want us to do fast elims.

also what do u mean by deflecting on who scum might be? i said where i wanted to focus. If u want to focus on my hood go for it
Yes but I dont get the feeling that is a scumread.
I feel that by saying easy scum you arrive at the most easiest conclusion instead of a proper one where scum can be found. I find that to be you possibly hedging later in the day instead of solving. The easy scum would in the 3p would it not? Lastly, I don't feel that focusing on one hood over the other will yield a better result as trying to naturally solve will bring the right conclusion than being focused in one direction too much.
Do you have any scumreads rn in the bigger hood?
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:22 pm

In post 217, Firebringer wrote: not understanding how that is a deflecting of who is scum.
r u saying if i don't focus my energy on my hood now and that since i am "hedging" i give myself room to vote whichever later? I guess thats what ur saying?

okay well i think we are arguing over how to play rather than reads here.

also Krile is in the big hood and is the one i am voting, i don't have any other reads to discuss right now.
yes not the focusing on your hood though but the hedging for later.
That could be.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:23 pm

In post 265, patchwork wrote:
In post 264, Ausuka wrote:
In post 261, patchwork wrote: i only just started being suspicious of them literally two hours and thirty minutes ago during one of my classes lol
Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough

I want to understand your thought process between zoning out and not reading the conflict to being confident enough to express a theory based on your opinions of the conflict, all without reading said conflict?
no... i read the conflict, but i didn't pay attention to what they were saying specifically after a certain point (pg 7). because it seemed stupid and i stopped caring.
Do the later part of the conflict change your reading of it then?

to respond to Ausuka asked about the easy scum in the 3 person,
it is a problem of numbers as i see it now that i don't have a 3 hour class without eating afterwards.
I think my problem with it is lets say we elim 1 of 3 and they are town which has a better chance of being.
The scum team would not unless they are stupid go for the remaining 2. so that put it in the big hood to be shot leaving us with 7 with 5 in the big hood. Yes that does set up a 1v1 d2. this however leads to if town is elimed then we know who the scum is by d3 which puts at 4 in the big hood but we quickly eliminate the scum putting us at kylo d4 with 3 people. However eliminating the scum then instead of town leaves us with 5 as the clear most likely has to be removed then. That is better but i feel still the chance to tip is there. I feel it is too possible that going for the easy one leaves with too much tunnel for the late game instead of a proper solve. I don't think seeing us spiral into one strategy is a good idea. I do admit though that tagging the scum if obvious d1 in that group leaves us with a min of 1 clear for d2 which is useful. I think now having written this out it might be the best strategy because the fact that going from the bigger group leaves scum with a chance to whittle it to 4 and 3 which would be to their advantage I think.
This all assumes that scum has to target the bigger hood and does not wish to force the 1v1 quickly.
There is probably something I have missed there though.
UNVOTE: firebringer
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:27 pm

In post 235, Ausuka wrote: Sort of confused by townreads on bulge. I think they are ~probably~ the most likely of the three to be scum
Could you elaborate on what is scummy on bulge?
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #20) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:38 pm

I don't think I like the way Ausuka shades people tring bulge without really saying anything there in general.
VOTE: ausuka

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”