[serious] what do you like on bagels?

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Sun May 14, 2023 6:03 am

Post by Umlaut »

Cream cheese and either salmon or jam depending on whether I'm more in the mood for savory or sweet.

But bagels also make excellent breakfast sandwiches, in which case eggs and some sort of pork product are usually the way to go.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Mon May 15, 2023 12:16 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 36, Thestatusquo wrote: Legitimately if you have to toast a bagel to make it good you are not eating a good bagel. It's ok to like them that way, but toasting a fresh bagel made by someone who knows what they're doing is kinda like ordering an aged steak and then dousing it with ketchup. :/
I mean, sure, if you have an oven-warm bagel from a proper bakery that knows their stuff then there's no need to toast it, but if you live in the approximately 98% of the US alone where that just isn't something you're going to get then doing the best you can with those circlebread imposters is a totally reasonable lifestyle choice.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs

Return to “General Discussion”