Song Contest 202 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:26 pm

Post by BS2000 »

sorry for the late entry, but this song is near perfect. :oops: :cool:
i was going to learn the keyboard and write several ballads
But i went to a barbeque and got lost by the tater salad
BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:55 am

Post by BS2000 »

apologies i feel like i was a bit crabby and harsh with my notes...

Spoiler: how i voted
1st:beverly glenn-copeland:
gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. and at only 15K views this is quite the hidden gem. will be seeking out more from her. the flute and triangle(?) are such lovely touches. some nice jazzy guitar flourishes. she sounds amazing when she goes into that higher register too. very easy 1st place

2nd:circulatory system
hmmm i like how this starts. oooh ok i'm getting a psychedelic beatles-y elephant six-y vibe out of this. very good. ok now the guitar part is sort of doing a loop thing? really cool. everything about this speaks to me. i'll do need to check out more of them too

3rd:sam cooke
i love oldies like this a lot. 10 years ago this would make me go blech and bore me, but now it hits.

4th:chloe adams:
I appreciate the dynamics of the song a lot. i'm probably not the core demographic but I liked this more than I expected. if this were a hit song played over and over I could see this getting old quickly but this is earcandy to me.

5th:bartees strange:
i've tried one of this guys records before and it didn't really stick as well as i hoped. i like the chorus a bit, but this still feels weirdly underwhelming to me. maybe i'm just in a poopy mood.

6th:odette:
nice and gentle to start, not a particularly unique voice or style, but it gets the job done.

7th:asian kung-fu generation:
this being in japanese really saves it. otherwise i'd think it kinda unremarkable

8th:lola blanc:
ok this might be the token theatre kid song? I do really like her voice, i tend to like nasally timbres. Is timbre even the right word? The deep horn stabs and beat during the chorus is kinda interesting. Spoken word parts are kinda silly.

9th:lauv:
hmm i've heard of lauv but wasnt sure what they sounded like. so present day r&b basically? ok now it's like goofy singy pop-rap? huh. another maybe i'm not the core demographic song, but unlike that chloe song this one isn't doing much for me.

10th:lil uzi-vert:
never could get into this guy and his style. pretty interesting collaboration idea that i could see many enjoying. and it's not really too bad, and the vox are not as grating as I expected, but also eh not my bag of tea.

mans zelmerlow:
think I found the right version. anyway this first part sounds like tv commercial music to me. heroes seems more fun, it's got those oh-whoas and the edm style burst that's real played out but I still kinda like it

asja kadric:
so dramatic is this celine dion? the lyrics really don't seem like something worth highlighting here. what kind of game is guild wars 2? FPS? RTS? This does sound like something you would hear during like an opening cutscene in some dark grey gritty violent game, perhaps in space.

nita strauss:
well this is exactly what I thought it would be when I saw the picture. big respect to women in metal, but this isn't my bag. is the same gal who's doing the growlies also doing the singies? cuz that's impressive. The part where they are both singing is pretty good.

sky eats airplane:
nope. i like the centepede clip in the video tho.
i was going to learn the keyboard and write several ballads
But i went to a barbeque and got lost by the tater salad

Return to “General Discussion”