RED CROWN TOURNAMENT DAY ELEVEN: The Contest of the Princes

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:57 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

In post 3, Cook wrote: Good evening, MafiaScum.

Okay, let's cut to the chase.
I'm starting a rebellion.
You can join it, too.

For ten days I have been shut out. Never first, always last. Or tied for one of the irrelevant positions. I am an underdog. But as of yesterday, the pentultimate day, I began my meteoric rise. And I'm not one to leave a job half-finished. As I'm sure AniX will testify, the 11th hour is not the end. There are still sixty good minutes left to put on a show. And I intend to give that show to the good people of MafiaScum. Come with me, let us fight the establishment. There will be garlic bread. There will be cookies. There will be every kind of diet and non-diet carbonated beverage. And together, we shall stand and show longtime leader Vash what it means to win at the eleventh hour.
A rebellion? Spearheaded by the.... current point leader?

Cook, you have fought well over the past 24 hours, truly a staggering amount of work devoted in the Contest of Archivists, however that was still over the past 24 hours, and if you gain victory, it will not be due the 11th hour, but the 10th.

Instead I have a rather different advocacy. I did lead this game early, that is true. I very quickly sought the blessing of Zoraster and friends I have had the pleasure of knowing throughout the years, who also were worth plenty of points. I even got the support of people I did not ask for, and for that I am grateful. But does that make me someone to rally against? Someone who believes in the value of acting quickly and decisively? Someone who knows the value of friendship? Someone who also knows the value to take a good deal when offered? (thank you for that, Haschel) No, but I also do not come here to demand anything of those to whom the power has shifted, just merely ask that if you use points, may it not be to oppose me, and if you also wish to offer your assistance, I will be grateful.

But I think there is a better course of action, a more thematic course of action. You see, the real winner of this competition should probably not be any individual, after all the goal of this competition is not really to crown a winner, but to help Mafiascum through the spirit of competition. At the heart of this game is not a person (well I suppose you could count AniX but let's not for tax purposes), it is an idea. And so, I implore those of you who can spend, to not use your points on some nailbiting competition between those of us who remain, but to support the ideal candidate. Pool your points to purchase At the Last Minute, and use the Power of the 11th Hour to seal the victory. When in doubt, do something really cool, or really funny, and that action would definitely be both.
Last edited by VashtaNeurotic on Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Bailey
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:00 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Mechanically, AniX:
1. Can there be multiple Mr. 11th Hours and
2. If the lowest player has more than 111 points will they be kicked off and
3. Can Mr. 11th Hour be kicked off the list
George Bailey
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:57 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

So the plan is simple, the top 3 don't try to gain any more points. We then need someone to buy At the Last Minute, this kicks off TBone who can buy it again. Then we rinse and repeat until the board is only Mr. 11th Hours except the top 3, then we need people to boost all of those Mr. 11th hours above the leader, then buy a new one, boost that, etc... until the board is only Mr. 11th Hours.
George Bailey
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #50 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:10 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »