Random Nurse's Mini Normal Review, August 2023 (Released)

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:46 am

Post by mastina »

Sorry, I missed the review pm until now, apologies. It slipped through so I didn't notice until now. My bad.

So, setup is:
VT x 5
Miller
Neighborizer
Loud Tracker
Cop
Doctor

vs.
Informed Goon
Multitasking Roleblocker
Multitasking Rolecop

To be honest, I do think this is as-is swingy but balanced. It depends a lot on the roles. If the mafia roleblocker goes down, the town has a follow-the-cop, which is very strong. But, if the mafia roleblocker lives and the cop or doc die, then the town is left with very little in terms of power.

Since the mafia know about the cop, can search for the cop, and can block/kill to find the cop, I think the mafia have the tools for counterplay, and I don't think the town needs more power. But it IS very swingy, depending on the key roles. I think I'm okay with it.

Small formatting thing, though; the sample town role PM listed doesn't match the typed out vt role PM; it needs to.
I also need to see what the result PMs for the investigatives look like, as well as the Loud result.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:20 am

Post by mastina »

Well, a tool which would potentially reduce swinginess is to add a universal backup to both teams, probably gated.

For instance, a 1x universal backup for the town, allowing a single use of the first TPR dead; a 1x universal backup for the scum (making the informed goon be an informed 1x universal backup), allowing one use of their first pr to die.

That could, in theory, introduce a weird mechanic of a 1x Miller, because millers count as a power role, and it would reduce the number of VTs in the game.
A possible bypass would simply be making the Miller be a Miller 1x Universal Backup.

But these are just options. The setup is passable as-is, just really swingy. Swing can be reduced with something like the above, but with this sort of setup, never fully removed.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:02 pm

Post by mastina »

Wording clarity;
This ability can only be used once, when the first Town-allied PR dies.
This should be clarified to make it clear they can only use the inherited role once.
"This inherited ability can only be used once" would do it.

Without a scum ub accompanying the town one, the setup is tilted more towards town, but I think it's still in the balanced realm (although in postgame players may complain and say it was townsided). If implosion thinks it's fine, I'm willing to pass it though.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:29 am

Post by mastina »

^what implosion said