Ausuka ranks Pokémon starters (COMPLETE)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by DkKoba »

anti monkey bias is duley noted from the Donkey Kong community
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 8, Ausuka wrote: i hope you liked reading, pls let me know what you think

Hints for tomorrow:
#26: Grass type from Gens 1-5
#25: Starter from Kalos, Alola or Galar
#24: Starter from Kanto, Johto or Hoenn
Idr baby form names so
Meganium
Intellion
Typhlosion
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 10, Haschel Cedricson wrote: Ego, and the correct answer for the next three is Chikorita/Sobble/Treecko.
treeko disrespect will not be tolerated...
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:05 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 14, Haschel Cedricson wrote: Treecko is fine but Grovyle/Sceptile are underwhelming to the point where they drag down the whole line.
disrespect for PMD2, please ban this man immediately.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:40 am

Post by DkKoba »

i wanna say I have all 3 johto starters at my bottom 3 because they're all boring (pikachu is below them if that counts lolz) so totodile isn't controversial to me, feraligatr is the most boring water type starter out of all them. you could tell they made a rough design for the starters during gen 2 development and never really fleshed it out like gen 1's or gen 3's, the surrounding gens
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 36, Silverclaw wrote: Okay but BDSP is aggressively bad. You need to try Platinum instead
eh its still one of the weaker gens of all time, barely better than GSC and RBY, both of which were massively improved with their remakes
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:27 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 38, Ausuka wrote: #23: Mudkip

This entry is a return to tradition. Instead of the controversial pick being last, it's going first again! Hoenn fans, get out your pitchforks because we are going to be talking about Mudkip, which is without a doubt the best starter to play through the games with and widely considered to be a massive cutie.

And I don't dislike Mudkip! I do actually think it's pretty cute. The 'mud fish' idea for a starter Pokemon is fundamentally a good one, and it has adorable eyes and a cute little tail. I think the orangey-brown whiskers (?) aren't super visually appealing, and they could have been done a lot better. But yeah, I don't know, it's not what I picked when I played ORAS for the first time and it's not what I pick now, but it is by no means bad.

I think its evolutions are pretty questionable, though. Marshtomp's tail fins look pretty good. The whiskers are still weird, but now they're worse because it just looks like a spike and it's super artificial. Also it stands up, which kind of just feels like ... idk why? And the stomach patch thing is just kinda goofy. Then we have Swampert, which everyone loves except me. I mean, like, to be honest I don't want to be too negative about Swampert. It's a cool Pokemon and I like it, but it just doesn't appeal to me as much as the other starters. The whiskers still look like spikes that businesses use to stop birds from sitting on ledges and it's forced to walk around using its hands as feet which I find slightly upsetting.

I tend to like balance in starters, so I find it a bit objectionable if any starter is too bad or too good to play through. I don't care that much about competitive I guess. Swampert falls into the 'too good' category because it's only weak to one type. That type, of course, is Grass, which is totally absent from the elite 4 and the entire gym system, which makes it great to sweep the game with. This has made the Mudkip line beloved to many people, especially speedrunners. Personally I just find it kind of irritating. If you're making a Pokemon with one weakness as strong as Swampert is a starter, that weakness should be prevalent. I don't like 'correct' choices like this!
blocked
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:54 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 50, Isis wrote: the fire type is vulpix because you wouldn't betray us by picking any less cute fire type for this top toppy list
but this isnt a pmd starter list
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

idk but machop number 1
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:43 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 61, Skygazer wrote: I did not know Eevee couldn't evolve in Let's Go and that fact disturbs me
they gave it like 10 OP moves to compensate
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 95, T3 wrote:
Spoiler: my full list of the top 30 starter pokermon as someone who has not recently played pokemon and is judging them purely by their appearance and name

machoke
PMD1 pilled list
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:22 am

Post by DkKoba »

i think johto starters are underhated
retired

Return to “General Discussion”