How much should mods help VCA?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Do you like it as town when the mod puts additional info in VCs?

I love it !
33%
It's cool, don't personally use it
27%
I don't care
20%
Actually i dislike it in one way or another
20%

Total votes: 15

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:14 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2, Gypyx wrote:
In post 1, DragonEater70 wrote: I think mod should facilitate VCA, which btw can and does get used by scum. The official modding guidelines require the mod to post VCs, and my interpretation of this is that this information is meant to be as accessible to the players, and is not "optional" if that makes sense.
Setting aside the question of effectiveness of vca as irrelevant to the conversation, the important thing for vcs is actually internal consistency.

As long as the information given by the mod is public and accurate, they can add as much detail as they want. I personally link votes, not to aid in vca, but rather so that if something goes wrong in my counting of votes both the players and myself are more likely to catch it and point it out. It also helps with questions of “did that nickname get chosen as acceptable” even if those questions are uncommon.

Extra information should not be a requirement, however, as regular, accurate vote counts are enough for players to be able to play the game.
i do know that it can be used by scum, just that imo it's still a fairly townsided tool
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”