Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 61, Bingle wrote:
In post 55, ceejayvinoya wrote: VOTE: Klick

I kind of don't like that vote

also aside from a maybe Black town am not getting much out of this yet
Hmm.
Hmm. indeed
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 63, Bingle wrote: I think that holding the opinion that you are very towny and Klick naked voting immediately after me naked voting you is sketch simultaneously is itself kind of sketch.

I’d like to hear what makes you town, for sure.
Wrong take away from that interaction imho
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 68, Dannflor wrote: klick/ceejay on this page is scum theatre
Possible
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm exhausted
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

Post by the worst »

NM I'm your biggest fan I'm going to print & frame these pages thank you
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

Post by implosion »

i just typed up a thing about Klick (responding to Black) but it disappeared. alas. it wasn't that long, I just mentioned liking things like - and also the way that they talked about themselves, but it's not a strong read.
In post 306, Political Clout wrote: I think what is pinging the most about implosion is the "consensus" read. It sounds very performative and then the reason implosion gave was that implosion was very impressionable? I forget. It looks like someone trying to blend in. It also looks like they waved away any criticism of that with the well whatever I'm impressionable. instead of saying something much more honest and maybe scummy like I (implosion) wasn't reading the thread or I (implosion) wasn't really paying attention to others reads or I (implosion) forgot other people were playing the game or something idk That would be an easy town read for me. Because to me it is just implosion trying to sound like they read the thread completely and don't want to move from that premise to appear that they are playing the game, because in that post where implosion says they are impressionable it looks like they went back to check just how many people were townreading the worst to not move off the premise that the game was read. Whether or not the game was read isn't really alignment indicative imo. What is, is trying to appear to be with the town while saying oh look everyone I(implosion) read the entire thread.
I haven't been taking this game especially seriously so far. If you want to think the thread consensus thing is surface level scummy because I called a single person's opinion thread consensus because I wasn't looking all that closely then I can't really stop you but it's almost definitely something I'd be more careful about on average as scum bc I usually am a lot more careful/fearful of saying something wrong as scum.

The impressionable thing was a joke. Like sure I could say "I wasn't really paying attention to the game" but like, why would i say that when i can make a joke that says the same thing. idk, you saying I should have said it in these ways is really weird or maybe you just don't think it was a joke and think I was seriously saying that I'm using my impressionability as an excuse, which, yeah sure I guess you can't take things at face value in a mafia game or whatever but idk that just seems pretty silly.

I
had
read the thread completely, I just wasn't double checking things and had remembered seeing some pro-duck sentiment and then my brain conflated that into being thread consensus probably because I personally agreed with it somewhat.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 pm

Post by implosion »

I will say my activity level is a healthy mix of RL reasons and because I've kind of realized over time that I just am bad at d1s. I'll probably pick up somewhat this weekend

I'm curious about Dann's current take on me
In post 314, Klick wrote: I'm looking forward to the telling Not_Mafia reactions and Not_Mafia case from this exciting Not_Mafia wagon
Somewhat like this post, don't see a whole lot of reason for Klick to make it as scum.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 352, the worst wrote: I think there's at least one scum and probably two in [nm, implo, cjv] and maybe that's in reverse order? I'm also probably like, incorrect, because this game has a number of skilled scum players in it
I find it kind of astonishing that you'd write this sentence honestly. Like the hedging sure but like there's absolutely no way you actually have any confidence that is anywhere significantly above random in that proposition. Do you just say random shit as town? Do you genuinely think that the lurkers in this game are significantly >rand to be scum? Because I at least have seen very little from the thread as a whole that makes me feel like it's lots of townies waiting for the lurker scum to show up (granted I have access to the info that I'm town but still)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 361, the worst wrote: actually something just clicked in my brain and I am very surprised that implo has had so little to contribute so far and I'm more happy w this vote than I expected to me
I do like this post somewhat but I really don't like most of duck's posts between voting me and it

The vote on me almost feels like, not wagoning for the sake of wagoning or vote hopping for the sake of vote hopping, but like vote hopping for the sake of vote hopping for the sake of vote hopping, if that makes sense. Like duck is jumping on me for the sake of looking like they're jumping around a lot.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 204, Dannflor wrote: i didn't like ceejay walking back his town read on you, felt overly self conscious and i don't really buy that because you claimed it wasn't a push that his view on it was suddenly different

i don't specifically get much value from klick's reasons but i don't ceejay has done much towny so im fine wagoning there
I don't remember walking back any reads? She was and still is a maybe town to me since
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

maybe saying "maybe town" sounds too strong a read? It doesn't sound that strong in my head
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 pm

Post by Black »

VOTE: the worst
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

Post by implosion »

I'm glad that Bingle is calling Dann sort of very softly scummy. I think Dann is not even close to escaping his scumrange in this game and I *think* there have been a few townreads on him and I'm a bit aghast at that. I feel like Dann is being reasonable and responsive and playing well and doing all the things that, he does as scum to my knowledge (at least from Toriel's patience). I haven't read any people's in-depth reasons for calling him town but I'm very skeptical of him being >rand town and think there's a good chance he's >rand scum though I don't have good reasons for thinking that in particular
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm

Post by implosion »

Ever so slight lean town on N_M's spate of posting.

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm

Post by implosion »

Bingle and Black are townleans in that I generally don't have issues with their play and I don't think I understand their scum ranges well enough to say anything with confidence right now and I think both of them have done some stuff that I like, maybe black a bit more so than Bingle

PC is nominally town, I think Klick is townish (I guess probably my strongest townread but not very strong nonetheless), so very deeply unconfident scumpool right now is worst/cj/dann i guess (n_m being next in line I think)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

Post by Bingle »

Damn, who do I have to nightkill to get a solid scumread here. Everybody be like "Bingle could maybe be town", I need some Bingle stans.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

Post by Bingle »

Wait, I meant who do I have to nightkill to get a solid townread. Ignore the freudian slip.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 376, Not_Mafia wrote: Wrong take away from that interaction imho
What's the right takeaway?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 382, implosion wrote:
In post 352, the worst wrote: I think there's at least one scum and probably two in [nm, implo, cjv] and maybe that's in reverse order? I'm also probably like, incorrect, because this game has a number of skilled scum players in it
I find it kind of astonishing that you'd write this sentence honestly. Like the hedging sure but like there's absolutely no way you actually have any confidence that is anywhere significantly above random in that proposition. Do you just say random shit as town? Do you genuinely think that the lurkers in this game are significantly >rand to be scum? Because I at least have seen very little from the thread as a whole that makes me feel like it's lots of townies waiting for the lurker scum to show up (granted I have access to the info that I'm town but still)
"whatever is on my mind" has a fairly close relationship to "random shit" sure

ya I've seen multiple conversations which felt mutually earnest and I do suspect at least one underperforming player is scum. that happens quite often. i'm astonished that ur astonished.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 383, implosion wrote:
In post 361, the worst wrote: actually something just clicked in my brain and I am very surprised that implo has had so little to contribute so far and I'm more happy w this vote than I expected to me
I do like this post somewhat but I really don't like most of duck's posts between voting me and it

The vote on me almost feels like, not wagoning for the sake of wagoning or vote hopping for the sake of vote hopping, but like vote hopping for the sake of vote hopping for the sake of vote hopping, if that makes sense. Like duck is jumping on me for the sake of looking like they're jumping around a lot.
that's a reasonable characterisation! my votes are projecting more confidence than my heart feels
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 384, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 204, Dannflor wrote: i didn't like ceejay walking back his town read on you, felt overly self conscious and i don't really buy that because you claimed it wasn't a push that his view on it was suddenly different

i don't specifically get much value from klick's reasons but i don't ceejay has done much towny so im fine wagoning there
I don't remember walking back any reads? She was and still is a maybe town to me since
cjv how're you doing? what's new in your life?
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 387, implosion wrote: I'm glad that Bingle is calling Dann sort of very softly scummy. I think Dann is not even close to escaping his scumrange in this game and I *think* there have been a few townreads on him and I'm a bit aghast at that. I feel like Dann is being reasonable and responsive and playing well and doing all the things that, he does as scum to my knowledge (at least from Toriel's patience). I haven't read any people's in-depth reasons for calling him town but I'm very skeptical of him being >rand town and think there's a good chance he's >rand scum though I don't have good reasons for thinking that in particular
tbf the entire basis of the deepwolf meme is that dann's scumrange is quite hard to define and I'd argue he relatively rarely leaves it especially on day one

I don't think someone needs to leave their scumrange to be leaned town on and I think black is the only person I've seen who is like, outright hard townreading dann atm

something something paranoia something

Bingle's scumread on Dann is probably my least fav part of Bingle's iso so far. like it could actually be an accurate read!! but it feels so precautious and baseless that it feels a bit performative and there's this big floating red question mark in my brain about Dann not really seeming all that interested in the read

that's what caused my (admittedly joking tbh) dann/Bingle s/s read I just find that dynamic kinda jarring
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 388, implosion wrote: Ever so slight lean town on N_M's spate of posting.

why?

I also have thoughts on it but I want urs first
--
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 384, ceejayvinoya wrote:

In post 134, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 71, Black wrote:
In post 70, Bingle wrote: This line, black. It seems like something you’re pushing because you think you should be pushing something rather than because you think it’s going to give you real ai information. Am I wrong?
Yeah you're wrong. I'm not even pushing anything there :lol:
I misread that?? lol nvm my read
Is that not what this was
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 389, implosion wrote: Bingle and Black are townleans in that I generally don't have issues with their play and I don't think I understand their scum ranges well enough to say anything with confidence right now and I think both of them have done some stuff that I like, maybe black a bit more so than Bingle

PC is nominally town, I think Klick is townish (I guess probably my strongest townread but not very strong nonetheless), so very deeply unconfident scumpool right now is worst/cj/dann i guess (n_m being next in line I think)
why is cjv in your scumpool? I agree w you on Klick and like, vaguely agree with a bunch of your reads
--

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”