Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6450 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:01 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

the challenge there is simply that kaguya was given a lot of lee-way to kill Reisen, but never took the opportunity.

By the way, both Larvae and Kaguya tried to kill Kagerou.
Oh, sunflower, so tired of time passing!
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6451 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

This is also something Kaguya said they were going to look into, in regards to Larvae trying to kill kagerou, but never did.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6452 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:14 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Gunna take a short break to reset and then try this again.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6453 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:54 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 5801, Aya Shameimaru wrote: Okay here is my base thought right now.

I never wanna kill Yuuka.

I always think Reisen is scum.

And I'm deciding wherher I want to murder Kaguya or Kagerou, or if I just cop out and murder the caught scum and let y'all decide what to do about that tomorrow.

lol
In post 5879, Aya Shameimaru wrote: I am checking for that world too tbh Yuuka.
In post 5906, Aya Shameimaru wrote: The good news Kaguya is that at least for today no one has to find anyone. Townies follow my vote.

TOMORROW sucks more. Much more.
In post 6057, Aya Shameimaru wrote:
In post 322, Eternity Larva wrote: Reisen can you elaborate on your 'ew' pile? Our reads seem to align in that regard but i want to know why you feel that way
This is a partner talking to another partner.
In post 6058, Aya Shameimaru wrote:
In post 2392, Eternity Larva wrote:
In post 2390, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: I do agree on your reasons to townread Ichirin, and like, i think sie's barely above >rand for flipping scum, but i was thinking about who else i was voting if not hir and i kinda blanked on names, don't get me wrong i have scumreads, i'm just not getting them killed

i'm also more comfortable killing a role we know is at worse low utility anyways rather than outing more claims, we already have 3 roles out
hmmmmmmm this is fair

which annoys me

please start answering me with generically scummy responses so my confidence is not shaken
... This is not how scum buddies talk to each other. It sings of scum approaching a townie while trying to kill them but trying to appear impartial.

My read rn is Eternity really wanted Kagerou dead and Koishi dead but not Reisen even though Reisen was scummy to them a lot of the time..
The issue for me in saying the team is Reisen Kagerou is Larvae would need to bus Kagerou and leave Reisen who should probably be on their kill list at some point. Was day 1 Larvae really setting up to be the only scum alive?

Does Kagerou really claim their vig prior to shooting it as scum instead of just shooting and claiming if they are caught?
In post 6059, Aya Shameimaru wrote:
In post 2420, Eternity Larva wrote:
i am caught up

and demoralized that both of my major scum reads this day phase have claimed their roles and handled them in fairly towny ways from what i can tell?
which i know i shouldn’t put much stock into but they both successfully made me question myself to the point where my confidence is now shot!

Koishi did seem to claim and kinda bounce and began contributing less after doing so? i believe she mentioned being sick over the weekend but now that the cat’s out of the bag i don’t understand the purpose of still not actively scumhunting or applying pressure anywhere when she has seemingly now decided who she’s targeting tonight

i don’t know how to feel about so many people saying they would settle with a Koishi elimination but not doing anything about it though

still not thrilled with an Ichirin elimination but don’t want to be that guy that yells at people voting there without having a great alternative so close to deadline

i acknowledge this post says a whole lot of nothing but that’s just…where i’m at currently

i agree with i think Dai who said that pivoting to a lurker slot is not appealing to me either as it feels like a waste of the day’s efforts and is mostly a shot in the dark (speaking mostly about Aya here)

i should be pretty available for the remainder of the day phase to help ensure an elimination is ultimately pushed through and to engage if people wanna say words to me
What part of this posting makes anyone here reading think they aren't giving the straight dope here?

Like this does not read like a scum buddy who knew Kagerou would claim. This reads like genuine frustration that the correct play is always to let a vig shoot and fear of being the one shot when they are in a good spot.

I'm ready to call Kagerou lock town tbh.
In post 6060, Aya Shameimaru wrote:
In post 2439, Eternity Larva wrote: Sanae specifically has dropped in my reads because i have not been super impressed with her recent content and she feels like she’s going through the motions to just get to the end of the day. i’ve been growing increasingly uncertain too so it’s not super egregious or anything, i’m just squinting at her posts more and more as the day goes on

Marisa’s drop in content is understandable due to the extended V/LA but any goodwill she built early on isn’t really enough to maintain my townread, especially now that my scum reads aren’t as solid
And the pivot onto Sanae because Ichirin is a LHF who can die anytime indicates that Larvae's goal for the day was keeping Ichirin alive to use for later but not to Bus.
In post 6062, Aya Shameimaru wrote: Okay. My new reads are Kagerou town Reisen scum.

If I still trust my gut on Yuuka town that makes Kaguya scum.

I am far more confident in Reisen scum than Kaguya scum but I worry if I kill Reisen today Kagerou will die tomorrow. I am utterly convinced Kagerou is town. Beyond all doubt.
In post 6063, Aya Shameimaru wrote: I need to reread Yuuka and Kaguya and decide if I'm wrong on Yuuka.

Here is a question: if Kaguya was in CP neighbourhood N2 and had a doctor why didn't Kaguya protect CP?
In post 6075, Aya Shameimaru wrote: At this point Kaguya, you should be more focused on breaking my chain of logic about Kagerou town if you disagree with me there because what I'm seeing from Larvae's ISO indicates Kagerou town.
Ah, crap, I actually do need both of you to talk and try.

Kaguya ignoring me is one thing, but the problem, is that they also ignored and excused themselves from answering Aya's question about why Kagerou was actually scum after town binning them.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6454 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:19 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Then again, there's no way of knowing whether that's because they were hoping Aya continued making the mistake of town reading Kagerou or whether they were just trying to prevent Aya from killing their partner and their whole game unraveling.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6455 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:20 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

I do want another player's perspective on what Larvae was trying to say on 2420.
I honestly just can't see them dropping that as a red herring for later.
It's too creative, and as mentioned, they don't seem super creative when they're scum.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6456 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:58 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Aya's posting up a storm in that dead thread.

fffffffuuuuu

never going to live this down if I fuck up here.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6457 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:21 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

There's just an almost hilarious amount of evidence that points toward Reisen. The unwillingness to engage with each other while shading each other is totally mutual and neither calls the other out on it, ever.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6458 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:21 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

It's like scum hunting 101.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6459 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:40 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 29, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: Hello frens !

Gotta admit, i did NOT understeand that part of my role worked like that
What's this mean?
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6460 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:06 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 42, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 40, Eternity Larva wrote: i'm currently getting townvibes from Clownpiece, Yuuka, and Ichirin

i think Tenshi's posts surrounding the account name vs. role name discussion sound a little awkward, feels like she's jumping at the chance to talk about something to seem like she's contributing without really saying anything

i also don't really like Daiyousei's entrance but she defended my honor so she gets a free pass for the first ten pages
What's so bad about Daiyousei's entrance? Apart from the fact that she called me a Youkai when i'm actually a Werewolf
Is this too early?
I mean, for this kind of defense. It usually comes in later.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6461 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:14 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 43, Eternity Larva wrote: it's a gut thing, nothing specific. i think my lack of flavor knowledge is contributing to my dislike of that post more than anything

and i never trust anyone who looks like they're having fun when playing mafia

what do you think of Yenshi?
#43: this feels kind of like a back off from Kagerou questioning them. They try to paint it as a problem they're having, that they expand on later in relation to the set up. But I don't think they liked that Kagerou questioned them.

It's possible that they just spoke that way to them to avoid further interaction with them because they're partners and they're uncomfortable. I'm not sure.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6462 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:26 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 48, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 43, Eternity Larva wrote: it's a gut thing, nothing specific. i think my lack of flavor knowledge is contributing to my dislike of that post more than anything

and i never trust anyone who looks like they're having fun when playing mafia

what do you think of Yenshi?
Dai just seems like they wanna have fun yeah, NAI

Tenshi's post kinda didn't make me feel anything but i understeand where you're coming from, not really keen on joining the wagon
In post 49, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
In post 48, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: Dai just seems like they wanna have fun yeah, NAI
Agreed, Dai seems to be fitting the mold of a very big touhou fan roleplaying as Daiyousei which given the fairy-type speech is probably throwing Larva off
#48: Well, Kagerou got back to them. Not really keen on joining the wagon. Not sure if that's a positional thing or just their typical posture or if their posture, that is typical to their town mindset they decided to stay off. It is, at the least, a clear directional point. But that's more good behavior than actually townie.

49# Comes in with a patented Kaguya post. I'm not sure if they're buddying Kagerou here by affirming them, though, they do the skinner's box method. Or if they're just trying to get in their requisite number of interaction posts with their partners.

They drop it and focus on my claim.
Larvae takes opposite position. More talking. Hmm, hard to know if they coordinated these stances first or not.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6463 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:28 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Feel free to pipe in at any time for your opinions you two.
This isn't sarcasm, you're welcome to join me and try to solve at anytime if you like.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6464 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:05 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

# Doesn't really take a tack to be honest. They're not all serious here, they're not all jokey either. It's not very rigid, though, the lining might be. From a different perspective it's a gimme though, basically lamist, get back to the solving mines peons.

Then again, multiple players have done that more than there are scum so like.
eh.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6465 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 57, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 53, Eternity Larva wrote:
In post 52, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: What does everyone think about Yuuka's claim? I'm kinda on the side of thinking it's more likely to be a scum role
i feel the opposite

what makes you think that claim comes from scum?
It's just too on the nose to be a credible miller-type basically? Like,
no one is gonna belive that's an actual real result
, and as such it kinda defeats the purpose to give it to town. Of course i'm getting into modWIFOM territory here but at the very least i disagree that it's clearing her in any way

ofc flavor reasons probably mean the claim is true, but it doesn't indicate it's town
They seem to genuinely believe this, what's odd is that their interactions with me don't harbor much suspicion.

into

is clever. It makes it look like they're solving together and trying to figure out problems that come up organically.
The buddying angle remains a viable possibility and this post slightly reinforces it. Because Kaguya is helping Kagerou out by following their line of inquiry. I'm not used to scum partners doing this. But, to be honest. I do think this scum team had 2 good players. Which is pretty lucky usually there's only one. Albeit, I don't think Larvae thinks of themselves as good scum. But hey, you did good here! I still have no idea why Aya thought you were scum.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6466 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:39 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

I lost some confidence at my association reading game due to the Sanae fuck up.
But I don't know how else to solve in elo and it has worked for me.
gunna keep on keepin' on.
Just need to be cautious.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6467 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:52 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Reisen, did you read my fake scum claim when the Marisa flip happened?
It was pretty similar to yours.
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6468 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:21 am

Post by Kagerou Imaizumi »

I'm in an emergency work project. Be back in a few hours. In the meantime, I am of the opinion to kill Reisen. Sorry my performance could be better.
awoooo !
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6469 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:23 am

In post 6456, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Aya's posting up a storm in that dead thread.

fffffffuuuuu

never going to live this down if I fuck up here.
Honestly, I'd be a little sus of me based off yesterday but I think Reisen just hammerred before I would and thought I'd be too gone.
awoooo !
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6470 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:28 am

In post 6429, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote:
In post 6425, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Okay, if you don’t want to try that is your prerogative.

I’m not interested in forcing you to play mafia unless it involves some guarantee I’ll listen. If affirmation is what you want out of mafia instead of getting it right for the sake of getting it right: Or winning for the sake of winning. That’s cool.
No, I just know how this tends to go. You've telegraphed your intentions.

I -did my job-. I got it right, but only because I decided it was more important to follow the word of someone who played the game far longer than I had. And honestly if the roles were reversed and I were in your shoes, I probably follow the word of the clear here as well. No resentment but don't ask me to dance for you when your mind's made up.
Why would you be "dancing for her" if you felt she could be scum here? Doesn’t your mind sound made up or do you just know she's town?
awoooo !
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6471 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:33 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 6468, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: I'm in an emergency work project. Be back in a few hours. In the meantime, I am of the opinion to kill Reisen. Sorry my performance could be better.
Got it, Reisen is already voting you.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6472 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:11 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

we. Old fashioned way. Buddying minor accomplishment, imprecise wording, faking being successfully buddied? pivot to reset. Makes sense. hmm.

. Not going to bust your chops but here's me disagreeing with you. Which is basically busting thine chops. Not much motivation for scum to make this post, but it's not like, out there for scum to do either. Scum have opinions too.

Rhetoric Kaguya. Informed more than the rest of us, kind of a hint toward their alignment but nothing I'd have spotted or made a big deal out of without knowing what they are now. Very slight + nudge for in that sort of "well, that's convenient!" Tenshi shot.

depends on the purpose, but they're a little past the point of value on this point, which I do actually associate with town to an extent. Though, this is a relatively new opinion and not really sure how it performs. Since it's hard to distinguish from scum talking about the weather because they've got nothin' better to do. I think there's more value in it though and it doesn't sound informed either for a caution preach. Like, it could offend their sensibilities to an extent that town are leaning my way on this or they could just be taking a distinct position from their two peers, but once again, doesn't super feel that way.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6473 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:15 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 92, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: The Kagerou Townblock Trio :

Marisa / Kaguya / Reisen

i swear i have my reasons

The kaguya thing is earned, the positioning is internally consistent, they're disagreeing with Larvae, so they don't end up in there with them, even though Larvae's opinion really shouldn't affect their read of them given what the discussion is, they do tend to end up lower because of it and you have the Kaguya buddying, so it makes sense that they ended up there. Consistent =! Town though.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6474 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:16 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 104, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 96, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 92, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: The Kagerou Townblock Trio :

Marisa / Kaguya / Reisen

i swear i have my reasons
Hey Kangaroo-Chan, what do you think about Larva-San and Kochiya-Sama? I think they are cute - eek, I mean towny! I want them in my town block!
Larva i'm still neutral on and while Sanae's explainations are pretty good i still think i'm sitting at +scum
Sounds good.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”