halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:21 am

Post by halfpint »

Okay ....

I was the other half of Narninian's neighborhood watch. I say that I
was
a neighborhood watch because since my partner died last night, I have lost my abilities which is one of the reasons I feel comfortable explaining exactly what my role was. Our role was that we could decide whose house to watch together, see who entered and exited it and know approximately how long they stayed.

Last night we got lucky on whose house we watched ... we watched Mastermind of Sin's house. Only one person visited his house and stayed for a short while -- LoudmouthLee.

vote: LoudmouthLee

I really want to hear what LML has to say about this before anyone else posts
any
comments on my information. So,
please
do not post
anything
until LML has commented.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:28 am

Post by halfpint »

Okay, you can post ... just don't comment on the information .... :D
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:32 am

Post by halfpint »

That's fine ... I just want to hear what his defense is without any ideas from the rest of us. :D
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:07 pm

Post by halfpint »

LML, your explanation of why you were at MoS's house doesn't explain how MoS died. You were the
only
one there. If you didn't kill him (which you haven't denied yet BTW), how do you propose he died then?
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:55 pm

Post by halfpint »

I'm happy with my vote.

He claims to have been broadcast to
every single house
last night looking for one specific person? This seems like an easy find for him then. Also, MoS was stabbed to death. So, LML came through the TV set and
stabbed
MoS?

One thing that bothers is his claim that MoS is Sideshow Bob. That information is not posted anywhere and is not verifiable. So, either he is telling the truth (which I think is unlikely) or
he
is Sideshow Bob and Krusty was given to him as a safe claim.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:21 pm

Post by halfpint »

LML wrote:If you don't believe me, look for someone to dispute Krusty.
I'm assuming you don't understand what I mean by a safe claim. I'm not looking for anyone to dispute your Krusty claim. I believe that you could be Sideshow Bob and the mod gave you the role of Krusty as a safe claim, meaning no one else in the game has it.

Also, you come via a clown car? I thought it was through the TV set.

There's a lot to consider here. Most importantly is that there were only 2 kills last night. So unless the doc got lucky, then if LML is telling the truth there is only 1 scum group. Again if LML is telling the truth, then he had an
extremely
powerful role. LML, you want us to believe that you had the ability to "smoke out" a member of a scum group (not a SK working along but a member of perhaps the only scum group in the game) without any fear of hurting a townie? So, each night you could investigate someone .... if you happen to be right, great! If you happen to be wrong, no big deal!?! Very, very odd.

So, what are we left with? We have a person who has claimed to a killing and his defense is shaky. If he is telling the truth, then he has no special abilities that we would be losing if we lynched him. If he isn't telling the truth, then we have hit scum. It is unlikely that we will get a better candidate for lynching today.

Lastly,
FOS: Coron
. Why are you so intent on believing LML when there are many holes in his story?

We need the other members of our game to play.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:16 am

Post by halfpint »

halo freak wrote:Mastermind of Sin - Nelson Muntz - Mafia (Brutally stabbed night 1)
A newly updated front post reveals this ....

So, LML, now what do you have to say for yourself? It appears that MoS is
NOT
Sideshow Bob as you have claimed.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:17 pm

Post by halfpint »

Okay, sorry for not posting for a while. I do have some information that probably will help us determine who killed who. I also want to say to whoever the doctor is that with the killing of the cop last night, I probably am our only source of information now. Definitely not as effective as the cop, but at least it is something.

Last night, Riven entered warpdragon's house and was the only one there. So, Riven killed warpdragon with a forceful wack on the head. Now, he was listed as a mafia hooligan
not
as mafia, so I wonder if he had a one-shot ability or something. I feel like we will only see one killing tonight since he is dead and so is our vigilante. It is safe to assume that Coron killed Riven, because there have been two nights in a row with a shooting to the head. I doubt that Coron did anything on the first night without any knowledge.

So, the mafia killed Coron. Who do we have left in the game?

Halfpint
Darklight140
csergogaby
Dranko20
brush hopper
BrianMcQueso

I'm not mafia, so one of the remaining 5 are scum. How many scum do we think is left? I think 1 only. I doubt that a mini would have 5 scum members, but I might be wrong.

That's all I have now. I am going to go back through the little amount of posts that we do have and see who seems suspicious to me.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:51 am

Post by halfpint »

csergogaby wrote:I'm alive but I am a townie
Hmm ... a total of only 3 posts and 4 sentences in the entire game, none of which have added anything to the game? I'm not liking this. I'll
vote: csergogaby
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:26 am

Post by halfpint »

I don't have time to do it right now, but I need to sit down and figure out if no lynch is a good idea. I'll do it later tonight, and post my thoughts on it then.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:24 am

Post by halfpint »

BrianMcQueso wrote:
halfpint, post 70 wrote:I don't have time to do it right now, but I need to sit down and figure out if no lynch is a good idea. I'll do it later tonight, and post my thoughts on it then.
I would like a second opinion about this idea, because I'm far from the best person to analyze a situation like this.

FoS: No Lynch

My plan seems good to me, but I'm probably biased. I await Halfpint's thinkering.
My internet was down last night, so I'm trying to do it now (at work, yes, but I don't think they care ;))
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:51 am

Post by halfpint »

Yeah, going through the odds (me -- 1/5 chance of seeing the right house), I think we should no lynch today. Tomorrow, we'll see what info we have (or don't have), and decide what to do from there. I think that we should definitely lynch tomorrow though.

unvote: csergogaby, vote: No lynch
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:53 am

Post by halfpint »

Hey. Okay, I have no new information that will help us. I thought that I did, but now I realize that I do not.

Let's see ... we're back in the exact same position that we were yesterday since no one died last night. However, this time we have more information so we might want to take our chances and try to lynch today.
brushhopper wrote:Ok, I'm the Comic Book guy. I have a limited investigative role. Each night someone comes into my Comic Shop, and if they are mafia I am told.
This role strikes me as very odd. In a mini-game (that only has 12 people mind you), we're expected to believe that 4 of us had some type of investigative roles? We had a cop (warpdragon) who was sane (if not, that should have been put on the front post I think), me and Narninian, who are/were neighborhood watches, and now brushhopper, claiming a similar type of role to me. That doesn't sit right with me.

Oh, and I can't remember who posted this, but I do get 100% accurate information from my ability (upon clarification from the mod).

So, I don't get a very good feeling from bushhopper, and I don't believe his claim. For now, I'll
vote: brushhopper
, but I would like to hear other thoughts on this.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:49 am

Post by halfpint »

Okay, here's the information that I have and the town can help me dissect. I watched csergogaby's house last night. He didn't leave and no one entered.

At first I thought that csergogaby was cleared but then Darklight came on and said he roleblocked him. So, I figured that csergogaby wasn't cleared. But now I am thinking that csergogaby still would have left his house (if scum) to kill (even if there is a roleblocker in the game and the roleblocker targetted him) . I mean the roleblocker role (if to be believed) says that the ability fails. So, the kill wouldn't go through, but csergogaby still would have attempted the kill which means that he would have left the house, right? So, I'm inclined to believe csergogaby's claim.

However, now I am suspicious of Darklight. No one entered csergogaby's house ... wouldn't DL have visited csergogaby's house if he was roleblocking him?

Brush, who visited your shop? If this is true, then you have the potential of clearing some people.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:10 pm

Post by halfpint »

I'm not so sure about all of this. If we are looking at role names and trying to decipher from that, then how/why was Krusty a serial killer? I thought he was a good guy.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:32 am

Post by halfpint »

brushhopper wrote:You're all voting me because my name doesn't sound right? Do any of you watch the simpsons? The comic book guy is called Comic Book Guy. You've hardly said anything this game csergogaby, and you claim to be the only one with no abilities. I want to hear more from you. And in hopes to clear someone:

Night 1: Coron , was told not mafia.
Night 2: Halfpint , was told not mafia.
Night 3: No one (no one came by that night)

If you guys want to lynch me because of my name, please find another reason.
I'm not voting for you because of your name, brushhopper. I find your claim sketchy because I don't think a mini would have that many investigative roles. Especially because the more I think about it, the more yours doesn't seem like a "limited" investigative role. Do you have a 100% chance of getting accurate information?
brushhopper wrote:Each night someone comes into my Comic Shop, and if they are mafia I am told.
So, for your role, do you pick someone to come in to your comic shop to investigate? Or do we "automatically" come in (that is, you automatically get a name and what their allegiance is)? I'm wondering how I went into to your comic book shop. If we automatically come in to your shop, that seems like a powerful role, no? And if you pick who comes by the shop, why wouldn't you have mentioned this role yesterday when it could have been more useful? I would have rather had you had the doc protection (assuming I was protected last night).

One other thing I don't understand -- why do you mention night 3, when we haven't had a night 3 yet?
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:47 am

Post by halfpint »

Sorry for the double post, but there are 2 things. First, I was mistaken before, and we have had 3 nights (sorry :oops: ). However, I do want brushhopper to explain a difference that I found in two of his statements:
brush wrote:except that of the 3 people that visited my shop I was told none were mafia.
This was stated in your second to last post ... you clearly indicate that
three (3)
people visited your shop. However, in your last post,
brush wrote:Night 1: Coron , was told not mafia.
Night 2: Halfpint , was told not mafia.
Night 3: No one (no one came by that night)
You clearly indicate that
only
two (2)
people came by. What's with the difference in the number of people that came by?
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:13 pm

Post by halfpint »

Well, DL, that does clear csergogaby then. I watched his house last night ... he was not blocked and he did not leave his house. Unless he is scum and chose not to make a kill last night, he is cleared.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:36 pm

Post by halfpint »

Okay, I'll open it up.

I want to know what night action DL took. If you did in fact roleblock someone, then I don't think it was the right person since the only reason I didn't die last night is because the doctor protected me. In my book, there was a clear cut choice of who to roleblock, and I don't think you did that ... why?

I'm trying to decide out of Darklight and Brian. Csergogaby is pretty much cleared in my head ... so it's out of the other two. There are reasons to be suspicious of Brian ... he was absent on the lynch of brushhopper and his role is not verifiable (a backup doc in a mini?). Lastly, how did you know for sure that my role name was Carl (post 94)? I never mentioned it once during the game.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:58 am

Post by halfpint »

Here's an idea that I think guarantees the town a victory. There better be only 1 scum left or I'm gonna yell at halo! :D.

Today we no lynch. Dranko you protect me, and I watch your house. Now at night, if scum kills you dranko, they are dead because I'll see them enter the house and we'll lynch him tomorrow. If they try to kill me, then the kill fails. So, they kill one of the other 2 townies.

Tomorrow, we no lynch again. As before, Dranko you protect me, and I watch your house. So, if scum kills you dranko, they are dead because I'll see them enter the house and can get him lynched the next day. If they try to kill me, then the kill fails. So, they kill the other townie (the last one).

Now the next day we know who the remaining scum is. You (dranko) and I are cleared as townies and scum killed the remaining 2 townies that we have right now. So, on this day we lynch the remaining scum (2-1).

Thoughts? What do you think? Are there any loopholes that I haven't thought of? If we no lynch each day and protect me (and I watch Dranko each night), then there is no way for scum to win. If dranko turns up dead in the morning, I'll know who did it, and we can lynch that person. If someone else turns up dead, we follow the plan laid out above.

Oh, and if you are telling the truth DL, then you shouldn't use your ability on any of these nights.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #20) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:09 am

Post by halfpint »

Well, I basically got a pm that pretty much said that scum came and tried to kill me but they saw that Dranko watching me and left (I was watching Dranko's house).

With my plan above, I can improve it slightly. We can lynch today -- if we get scum, great! If we don't that's fine ... I watch Dranko's house, and Dranko protects me. Scum has to decide what to do (kill Dranko, someone else, or not kill)... if scum wants to go for a stalemate and never kill again, well, I think that would be cowardly. The last remaining scum should give himself up now and end this game gracefully.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #21) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:17 pm

Post by halfpint »

Well, it doesn't really matter to me which person we lynch today -- don't get me wrong, I would like to get scum and end it, but if we don't, it doesn't lose the game for us. Before I vote though, I would like to hear what your thoughts are Dranko. Csergogaby -- what about you?
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #22) » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:14 am

Post by halfpint »

I'm not really positive on who we should lynch. Hopefully Dranko will have some thoughts when he gets back. I want to wait until I hear from Dranko before voting, but I am leaning towards DarkLight.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:49 pm

Post by halfpint »

Sounds good Dranko.
vote: Darklight
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #24) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:07 pm

Post by halfpint »

Awesome job town. We sure did get lucky in the beginning! :D

DL -- that would have definitely messed us up if you would have done that. I wonder if we would have decided on no-lynches as to guarantee that scum couldn't win. :?:
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:21 pm

Post by halfpint »

Interesting ... I chose to watch csergogaby's house because I had put a vote on him during the day (before we decided to no lynch) so I thought you would assume I wouldn't watch him (due to the fact I thought he might be mafia).
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:19 pm

Post by halfpint »

The reason that I liked the lynch of DL over Brian is because I thought that as a roleblocker, there would be no way that you would block csergogaby. There was still a possibility that he was scum, but if you are telling the truth, then you need to go for the block of Brian.

Plus, I believed Brian more. DL was the only one to bring up the chance of scum trying for the draw, and DL had the hesitation on the no lynch.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”