Seth Green
Seth Green
Townie
Seth Green
Townie
Townie

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Seth Green »

The day has ended and although you came close to lynching someone. No one was lynched. What is up with you people?
Sigh my poor co-writer will never see justice at this point.

Night 5 deadline is 48 hours from this post!
Robot chicken is full. Replacement are encouraged to sign up as well.
Seth Green
Seth Green
Townie
Seth Green
Townie
Townie

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by Seth Green »

Quick and dirty business because my hands are full
No one fucking died!

WHAT THE HELL!!

Get to lynching or else!!!!!

Original Roll String: 1d72
1 72-Sided Dice: (55) = 55
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

OMGOSH! NOBODY DED!?

Vote Reck

Let's get this over with NAO!
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Seth Green
Seth Green
Townie
Seth Green
Townie
Townie

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Seth Green »

Sorry I misread an action by a player.

Jazz body was found littered with spoilers from movies.
That doesn't seem right.

I check the body to confirm. She is dead and she had doctor tools!

Oh no's

Jazz - doc (episode to be disclosed Monday) killed night 5.

Mafia wins!!!

Lamant
Emptyger
Grimmy
Fabian
Seth Green
Seth Green
Townie
Seth Green
Townie
Townie

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by Seth Green »

Sorry about that Emp sent in his action on time but I read it as roleblocking not killing a player.

I will have night actions and role information on monday

Remain player roles

Jazz - doc town
Kmd - Bomb with PR (also considered a superstaint)
RECKONER - Vanilla townie
Drench - Serial Killer (unkillable)

Lamant - God Father (unkillable if not performing hit)
Emptyper - mafia rb
Grimmy - mafia doc
Fabian - mafia goon
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 1:53 pm

lol wow i just replaced into a mafia win very fun tho :D
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 1:55 pm

Omgosh Jazz saved our ass! KMD was BOMB!!

LOL I was even thinking of fakeclaiming bomb!!! HAA
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Wow. Totally had my scumlist right.
Fuckers. :)
green shirt thursdays
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 2:07 pm

Oh ya Reck you had me totally rollin'!
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Slicey »

Sorry I had to replace out, I had a lot of schoolwork at the time and I was bogged down. Plus, certain player(s) who I will not name annoyed the hell out of me. Well, gg mafia. I enjoyed reading the QT.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Seth Green wrote:
Mafia wins!!!

Lamant
Emptyger
Grimmy
Fabian
Hmm. No Reck here. Had Lamont pegged. Had either Grimmy or Fabian as scum. And briefly called out Emptyger. Hmm.

And Jazz, when you said you protected me, I was kicking myself. I was trying to draw a NK.
Lamont_Cranston wrote: LOL I was even thinking of fakeclaiming bomb!!! HAA
OMG I WISH YOU DID.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Thanks all, and mod for the game. Especially mod, for putting up with me.

Mafia quicktopic
Also, I'd like to explain publically what I reassured the mod of privately at the time: that my harshness towards the mod in the quicktopic thread was deliberately intended to rally the troops. Which is not to say I don’t have some quibbles.

What I found remarkable about this game is that I didn't receive a protown vibe from any single player the entire game. I was really thankful I was on the mafia- I think would have either gone batty, or died quickly and lost slowly trying to work with this town. I even half-seriously joked to the mod about whether this was an all-mafia setup, seriously considering the possibility of 3 or even 4 4-person mafias during d1.

The channel-changing mechanic seems to exclusively harm the town; mafia seems a bit overpowered on top of it (admittedly without my knowing the fullsetup). It requires the town to be extremely active; if lurking is allowed, it’s almost too easy for the mafia to avoid a lynch. Moreover, the mechanic requires > 1/2 the town to be active in an abbreviated period of time. Logistically, the mechanic should probably require a comod in a different timezone.

This game was an endurance match for the mafia- I realized by N1 (especially with the vote-resetting mechanic) that the town would never get enough momentum to lynch us, and it was easy enough to deflect attention away when one of us (ie Slicey) fell under suspicion. So it became a matter of just getting through 2 weeks after 2 weeks. Since it didn’t matter to the mafia whether we no-lynched or lynched a townsperson, there was no incentive to distinguish ourselves from the town’s apathy. We didn’t even need to resort to the safeclaims and explanations for our behavior we had worked out. The town threw away their numerical advantage with apathy.

zwet:
:evil: You flagrantly violated the don’t-discuss-the-game-after-you’re-dead and -outside-the-thread rules. I honestly think farside was generous to not punish you for continuing to insist in a Mafia Discussion thread that you were protown in this game. Very not cool.

Santos:
Less severe, (and no complaints about a lack of retribution) but a bah-post is not the place for speculation about the nature of the game. That is very game-relevant. It’s usually not fun as mafia to have to discredit confirmed innocents.

Drench:
Kind of confused why you lurked out d5. Seems like your only chance at that point is to lynch mafia? (And, of course, assume that there's 3 or fewer mafia so that we could be killed.) I feel sorry for you- SK's not a fun role when the mafia gets 2 unnightkillables.

KMD/Reckoner:
Oh, LC was obviously guilty from his first post on out. (Yes, the lynch-or-lose slip, but also his “re-read required” slip.) If we didn’t already have a majority, I would have seriously considered lynching him. I was actually perplexed by why he was playing so badly, until I realized it was presumably deliberate, to draw the SK to his unnightkillable self!

Mod:
Again, sorry for the harshness- I hope you understand that I wasn’t really happy about the Rule 7 situation, and having my comafia were on the chopping block to be replaced or modkilled was not helping.

Also, springing a "comafia can't submit nightchoices on behalf of a comafia" rule with no warning with less than 24 hours before the deadline is kind of nasty. Especially when we had asked about doing it on previous nights and you hadn't said anything then.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

This was definantly not a good game for me. I got really flustered day one when I was more getting attacked for personal beliefs instead of anything that I viewed as concrete. I dont think I have seen zwet as scum, but I really saw no way he was going to be scum after claiming death miller and asking to be lynched.

Then most of the players I was looking forward to playing with getting killed N1 with another getting killed the second night just sapped some of my will to play.

I am actually surprised people kept trying to lynch Reck. I was completely serious when I turned around on that stance. Also was completely right about hp being town. That wagon was really really scummy that came up on him. Again more or less showing that I do better with town then scum reads.

But yeah, I played like shit in this one. Most of the time the scum were in my neutral reads while town just kept doing really wierd shit to get lynched (santos claims lyncher, kerian gives up, people try and lynch jazz after the doc claim etc etc).
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 4:17 pm

Btw I agree this game is heavily tipped to Mafi with that vote channel change.

I also agree with Emp on the balance issue with mafi RB & me being UNK.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

EmpTyger wrote: Mafia quicktopic
Wow. I was very close when I thought that you were scum who thought Jazz to be opposing scum. Wrong reason for me to think that, but I had the right conclusion.

I like that I looked like a power role to scum, but it's for reasons that I don't like. Sucks that I was protected. I didn't help in the way I wanted to, but at least I used up Emp's RB a few times.
EmpTyger wrote:

KMD/Reckoner:
Oh, LC was obviously guilty from his first post on out. (Yes, the lynch-or-lose slip, but also his “re-read required” slip.) If we didn’t already have a majority, I would have seriously considered lynching him. I was actually perplexed by why he was playing so badly, until I realized it was presumably deliberate, to draw the SK to his unnightkillable self!
Well, if you are going to do that, you have to be less obvious. The lynch is more likely than an SK kill when you are blatantly scummy. Nobody else really saw it though because they were so focused on Reck.

Preview edit: Holy shit. Good play. 4 scum of 8 town. A scum lynch was impossible at the time. But the game continued because the SK could still kill scum while scum's kill might not go through or they could kill the bomb. But if your kill went through and SK went for a NK-Immune, you'd win. Very good play.
LlamaFluff wrote: Then most of the players I was looking forward to playing with getting killed N1 with another getting killed the second night just sapped some of my will to play.
QFT. Especially considering the timing of when I replaced in.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

KMD:
Kmd4390 wrote:Wow. I was very close when I thought that you were scum who thought Jazz to be opposing scum. Wrong reason for me to think that, but I had the right conclusion.
Hey, I wasn't kidding when I said that I didn't get a protown vibe from anyone. (I didn't share that too much in the nighttalk thread because I didn't want to scare my partners. With the replacements, I wanted high morale.) But actually, this was more true of hp and Kieraen than Jazzmyn- there were missing kills the nights I blocked them. I just never got a chance to post so in the nighttalk thread because by the time the next night rolled around, they were already dead!
Kmd4390 wrote:I didn't help in the way I wanted to, but at least I used up Emp's RB a few times.
Only once, N4. In fact, that was the only time my roleblock wasn't the kiss of death.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 5:05 pm

Hey just a question, if we RB KMD AND shoot him what happens?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:Hey just a question, if we RB KMD AND shoot him what happens?
Should be a boom. You cant RB passive abilities
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by farside22 »

Also, springing a "comafia can't submit nightchoices on behalf of a comafia" rule with no warning with less than 24 hours before the deadline is kind of nasty. Especially when we had asked about doing it on previous nights and you hadn't said anything then.
2 things
1) I was tired of people being lazy in game and (2) I do feel it's unfair to have the mafia send in for a fellow mafia member. Town doesn't have that option. If they forget then they forget.

Finally because of some actions in this game I decided to modkill instead of replace inactives.

Oh the rule about not voting for yourself by the way was a reason I didn't share with anyone why I had that rule
I figured the scum could vote for themselves to save themself from the next channel change. I think from now on I will stick with who ever has the most votes at the end of the day is lynched. I didn't do that for this game because of the channel change which was just a gimmick I thought of because of how Robot Chicken is.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by farside22 »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:Hey just a question, if we RB KMD AND shoot him what happens?
Should be a boom. You cant RB passive abilities

this ^
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

farside22 wrote:
2 things
1) I was tired of people being lazy in game and (2) I do feel it's unfair to have the mafia send in for a fellow mafia member. Town doesn't have that option. If they forget then they forget.
Oh, that's certainly reasonable. It was more how we weren't told when it was first brought up, but only at the last minute.

At the risk of simulposting, what were the full roles/nightactions? I'm most curious about what the mod's co-writer did, and who the unlikely Drench tried to kill.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by farside22 »

EmpTyger wrote:
farside22 wrote:
2 things
Oh, that's certainly reasonable. It was more how we weren't told when it was first brought up, but only at the last minute.

At the risk of simulposting, what were the full roles/nightactions? I'm most curious about what the mod's co-writer did, and who the unlikely Drench tried to kill.
That info is on my computer at work. So I will have it Monday but there was a night mafia and drench both targeted Kmd and Jazz protected him. :lol:
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 7:29 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

EmpTyger wrote:and who the unlikely Drench tried to kill.
lol Typo- that should be *unlucky*- probably a sign I should be getting to sleep.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 7:53 pm

farside22 wrote:
EmpTyger wrote:
farside22 wrote:
2 things

That info is on my computer at work. So I will have it Monday but there was a night mafia and drench both targeted Kmd and Jazz protected him. :lol:
Now THATS interesting. How would of of handled that if Jazz HADN'T protected KMD -- 3 simultaneous deaths??
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 9:16 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

farside22 wrote: there was a night mafia and drench both targeted Kmd and Jazz protected him. :lol:
Oh, come on. I was TRYING to get killed. :roll:

I was so upset when I checked the thread each day and was still alive.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”