Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Shotty to the Body wrote:
peacesells wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:This is exactly why I didn't want to start talking about werewolves, Peace is blowing smoke out of his ass about Nik to fog up the issue on Toro. Look at Scott's last post, Peace makes no sense he's just posting as much bullshit as he can to distract us.
How does scum hunting others fog the issue on Toro. Not looking at all cases is called Tunneling.

You guys sure like to use arguments like "bullshit" and "Blowing smoke out your ass" etc....those aren't arguments. Those are blatant scum actions trying to discredit others.

Everyone in this game should be cased..including Toro.

Shotty? Why do you want him lynched with two weeks to go on the deadline? Are we not in a precarious position now? What is the scenario if he flips town?
Why does it matter if it's two weeks or two hours at this point? If anyone wants to post something they've had plenty of opportunity at this point and twilight will give them another. We've been in a precarious position for a while now since we mislynched and wolves killed a townie, I don't see why that prevents us from taking a decisive action. If he flips town (which I highly doubt) then our odds are 50/50 of the werewolf striking scum if he aimed blindly and far greater considering we have 40 some pages to look at. Worst case we get fucked, but that'll be two lynches in a mini-open so we pretty much deserve it at that point. What would you do if Nikanor flipped town? You'd be in the same spot so you haven't really scored any points there. Let's analyze the scenarios if we're right. If Toro dies and is mafia, our game becomes a bit more random as it is subjected to the wolves whims and/or mistakes. If we lynch Nikanor and he is a werewolf, we got into 4-3 nightless except scum get to make a game plan each night and one misplaced townie vote loses the game. I actually don't mind that as much with the info we have to draw on, so I apologize for fixating. How sure are you on Nik though? Your case mostly consists of him not wanting to lynch lurkers and trying to get an active replacement for Hohum, I recall most of us bitching about Hohum not posting at some point or another. I think my case on Toro is much more solid especially since all he does is lurk and avoid my points now.
You had a very different attitude yesterday when you unvoted Hohum when he was at L-1 under the notion that there was plenty of time until deadline. What's the difference here besides this day has been 5 irl days longer than D-2 was.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I wasn't sure about Hohum, I'm much more confident in this lynch and I don't know if we're getting drawn off-track here or not.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by peacesells »

Shotty to the Body wrote:I wasn't sure about Hohum, I'm much more confident in this lynch and I don't know if we're getting drawn off-track here or not.
Shotty..odds are, the Toro lynch is going to happen at some point. I base this on the pretty uninterested play on many here. Someone is gonna say "ah f* it" and hammer.

If you believe Toro is scum...why not spend this time hunting his partners as well?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

peacesells wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:I wasn't sure about Hohum, I'm much more confident in this lynch and I don't know if we're getting drawn off-track here or not.
Shotty..odds are, the Toro lynch is going to happen at some point. I base this on the pretty uninterested play on many here. Someone is gonna say "ah f* it" and hammer.

If you believe Toro is scum...why not spend this time hunting his partners as well?
I'm going to let him answer, but I have something to say about this too.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:44 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

peacesells wrote:if you believe Toro is scum...why not spend this time hunting his partners as well?
You mean you?
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:20 am

peacesells wrote:

I prefer to take things one step at a time, when you try to post some sweeping lynch plan you can lose a perfectly good lynch through some flaw in the other and on the whole it distracts from the point at hand, there'll be plenty of time for hunting tomorrow once we have Toro's alignment.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:08 am

Post by peacesells »

ThAdmiral wrote:
peacesells wrote:if you believe Toro is scum...why not spend this time hunting his partners as well?
You mean you?
If you wish to case me, then I encourage you do so.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:16 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Shotty to the Body wrote:
peacesells wrote:

I prefer to take things one step at a time, when you try to post some sweeping lynch plan you can lose a perfectly good lynch through some flaw in the other and on the whole it distracts from the point at hand, there'll be plenty of time for hunting tomorrow once we have Toro's alignment.
This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say about this. If you try finding partners before you know the alignment of the first, it doesn't work
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

I guess Toro is not going to pop back in and defend himself which is scummy to me. If he was part of the town, I would hope he would fight his lynch more. I still think he was attempting to blend in the previous days, his overreaction to only being put at L-3 also look bad. This day seems to have run its course.

Unvote
Vote: Toro
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:21 am

Post by DTMaster »

Ahh was that the hammer? Quick thoughts before night falls:

Has 1056: I find it odd that you aren't as agressive here when you suggest that Toro is VI. This post reads as sowing the seeds of deception here since you suggest that "Toro reads as VI and there are other who look scummy". I expect more active attacks rather then this passive: let the town come to their own conclusion here.

You only respond to peace after he attacked you (though wrong reasoning) with his name. Note that: you only attacked peace after he addressed an issue with you.

Nik 1066: I refer to Toro's comment as tubbyism.

Toro 1070: That is just scummy. I posted a PBPA on you (well sorta), why not start from there? There is other evidence then Nik's gambit play which the rest of the town already pointed out.

Peace 1075: Reads as mafia play, but your case as some weight. It will be good to investigate later on.

Scott 1076: Early game distancing ring a bell?

Shotty 1077: Only if the wolf doesn't kill townie every night. Remember I posted a possible preferable kill list on all factions. While yes the wolf can NK the mafia, he also can screw us over with a town kill. It's gamble play.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:43 am

If toro is town AND the wolf kills town, if he isn't and the wolf kills town we are in the same position with less players so we didn't really lose anything. 4-3-1 (T/M/W) vs. 3-2-1 (T/M/W).
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:59 am

Post by peacesells »

DTMaster wrote:
Peace 1075: Reads as mafia play, but your case as some weight. It will be good to investigate later on.
DT, I'd like to talk to you after the game about this. Please keep your feelings on this post fresh in your mind somehow if you don't mind.

Nothing to do with the actual game...just general game philosophy.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Ok I guess? Just make a post about it in the endgame if it's that off topic. :S
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Toro »

Good job.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Vote Count #18

peacesells
: 1
(hasdgfas)

Nikanor
: 1
(Toro)

Toro
: 5
(Nikanor, ThAdmiral, Shotty to the Body, DTMaster, Scott Brosius)

Not Voting
:
(peacesells)

After a bit of squabbling, you guys walk up to Toro and take him to hang, and he goes fairly willingly.

Toro
:
Mafia Goon
Lynched Day 3

It is now Night 3, the deadline for night actions is Monday October 12 at 11 PM EDT, the earlier they are received, the earlier the night will end.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:29 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

Upon waking in the morning, everyone looked around and saw that peacesells was dead and no one knew who it might have been.

Peacesells:
Townie
Killed Night 3

It is now Day 4.

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline will be Monday November 2, 2009 at 4 PM EDT.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Nikanor »

I'm pretty sure this means that Cow is mafia. Cow defended Toro with weak 'He's probably VI,' comments while simultaneously pushing for peacesells's lynch.
Vote: hasdgfas
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:39 am

Post by hasdgfas »

So I did some reading of Toro during Night, looking at weird interactions, and what really jumped out at me was when Toro said
Toro wrote:Trust me, I have no intentions of self-voting. I'm just saying (though I may've said it otherwise) that if I'm lynched and come out town, go after Nikanor and ThAdmiral, as I'm sure they're at least two members of the mafia.
Now, he didn't come up town, but the last little bit there of "I'm sure" threw up flags of "bussing/distancing" for me.
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:26 am

Post by peacesells »

Good luck town..you have a long row to haul now.

Bad werewolf, bad werewolf. :D
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:03 am

As of today I'm open to any anti-town faction lynch, that being said
Vote Nik
. I believe the case Peace posted yesterday has some merit. I played in another game with Nik here where we had a very similar problem and he spammed the same sort of stuff on his scumbuddy because he was inactive, but never pushed for the lurker lynch. Also his posts about peace are scummy in retrospect.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Nikanor »

Shotty wrote:I played in another game with Nik here where we had a very similar problem and he spammed the same sort of stuff on his scumbuddy because he was inactive, but never pushed for the lurker lynch
I never push for a lurker lynch as either alignment. The one time I've ever placed a vote that was meant to contribute to a lurker lynch was in my first game, and the lurker flipped town. Now I'm starting to re-evaluate my opinion on lurkers, and so far I'm leaning toward conditional scumtell. Read my town meta if you'd like, and you'll see this to be true.
Also, excuse me for wanting some form of activity from a playerslot. I think it would have been nice if hohum had had more interaction from the various players, perhaps dropping us some clues as to the identity of his partner. As it stands now, I think DTM is probably hohum's partner, but now is not the time to be looking for wolves. Right now we should be lynching mafia, i.e. Cow.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Nikanor wrote:I'm pretty sure this means that Cow is mafia. Cow defended Toro with weak 'He's probably VI,' comments while simultaneously pushing for peacesells's lynch.
I agree with this. Cow has been blending in a different fashion than Toro. While Toro was on every lynch and every wagon, Cow is on none of them. Town is armed with a voice and a vote. Cow isn't using either.

I think Toro's mentioning of Nik and ThA is a null tell if anything.

Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I'm going to have a look through the voting history to see if I can glean any info.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Also would anyone be interesting in replacing in to a game that has dire need of it? Let me know by pm.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:33 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Ok, looking at Toro again, I really hate his interactions with Nik. They just feel incredibly wrong and fake, at least from the Toro end.

So with that,
vote: Nikanor

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”