Mini 842 - Less Flavor than English Food (Game Over)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Vote: xRECKONERx

You should be looking at your role PM before saying anything if you forget something from it.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Benmage »

So here's where I'm currently at.

I think SC is scum. I also think there are too many oddities about Reck's claim and certain slips, or mistakes on his part have me questioning him.

That said if there's only 2 scum Lylo isn't until tomorrow and we can afford a mislynch.

If there are 3 scum, we are in lylo. If there is 2 scum remaining the only logical possibilities I can see are a Reck/SC team or a Reck/SpryeX team. SpyreX and SC have been at odds for too much of this game that if they are scum together we're fucked. I also think MME is town.

So as you can see Reck can logically be part of either of the 2 remaining scum team. Hence why I think he should be todays lynch.

Also there is the small chance SC/SpryeX are both town and we just hit the nail right with lynched Reck.

The reason why I dont want to lynch SC even tho I think him the most likely remaining scum player is in the small chance SpryeX and Reck are the remaining scum, we are in lylo mislynch and lose. Thats why Reck makes the most sense. Either hes part of a 3 man scum group, or its a mislynch, but we aren't in lylo so not the end of the world.

Also I want to iso SpryeX and make sure my town read on him is consistent and that I'm not letting him coast this game.

So without furtherado
vote xReckonerx
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Benmage »

Woah SC and I simulposted.

Reck is L-1, thats fine. Hammer away.

I think I die tonight if this isnt game over.

MME iso SpryeX to be sure, but SC is definitely the remaining scum.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by SpyreX »

So, RECK is sticking to that story about the difference between "n0" and "n1"

Lets parse this little piggy.

n0: Goes for cop. Told unsuccessful.
n1: Goes for bulletproof vest. Told he finds a boot. Told he finds Pablo Honey. Then told he was roleblocked.
n2: Fished for "spyglass". Apparently successful.
n3: Used ability. Not allowed to fish.

---

Now, far AFTER the original claim (which said simply 15-25% chance of success for Doc, Cop, Vig, BP, Tracker, Watcher) we get specifics:
Cop - 15%
Bulletproof - 20%
Tracker/Watcher - 25%

---

Problems:

1.) The difference in mod flavor from n0 to n1. This is double trouble because apparently the mod sent three messages n1 (including the roleblock) versus a simple unsuccessful message.

2.) He fishes for "cop" and then for "bulletproof vest" but then "spyglass"? Really?

3.) Notice what is missing: Doc and Vig. These aren't measured in percentages ever.

4.) He says that first night was a 15% chance (which meshes with cop) but the second was 25% (which is wrong based on the sets of %'s given).

5.) This is a little less factual but: n0 he fishes for "cop" which makes sense with the power of cop. But n1 (this is after claiming to try and "save" GD and being hella called out for it and the night he was "roleblocked") he goes for a BP? Over well... all the others? In that position the absolute LEAST useful thing would be a BP (by nature it is uncofirmable, if he was town he wouldn't be a likely kill target, etc). However, it has the added bonus of needing no confirmation.

6.) Somehow forgets about the random business and gets of the two not useful the lesser of the two considering (also, targets MME because he "forgot" crypto was in the game).

7.) We've had tracker/watcher and a claimed 1 shot doc (which I still believe). This means that his role is a %-based success either/or (fish or use ability, not both). Which makes no sense.

8.) The fact our one claimed power role had no n0 action.

God, this isn't even including the reactions to any kind of arguments about said role throughout the day.

And iso 101 is the kicker.

Reck is scum. If there are three scum SC is guaranteed partner. IF THERE IS A TOMORROW SC DIES.

The bus gets no cred.

Unvote, Vote: xRECKONERx
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

IF THERE IS A TOMORROW SC DIES
qft

I would have liked one more day of me posting. -sigh-

I have yet to reread spyrex and will do so during the night. In class right now.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:01 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

And then I remembered we have 24 hours to change votes. Going home now, will reread when home.
Eek
!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:21 am

Post by zoraster »

Majority has been reached. You will have until 12:39am to change your votes to get a new plurality. If there is a tie, Reckoner will be lynched.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:00 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

oh my god you guys are so fucking stupid.

I didn't want to list out ALL percentages because I thought that'd be quoting my PM too directly. If you want me to list out all percentages, I can.

Seriously, this wagon is so scum driven, it's not even funny. Benmage or SC, I think we have to lynch one of them. Guys, seriously, I don't know what I can do to change your minds, but everything about my role is true. I'm now role-less again since I watched last night, I can fish again tonight for another role, and if you want me to, I'll give you EVERY percentage and the item I can fish for.

I'm going to PM the mod and ask if I can do that.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:07 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Benmage wrote:So here's where I'm currently at.

I think SC is scum. I also think there are too many oddities about Reck's claim and certain slips, or mistakes on his part have me questioning him.

That said if there's only 2 scum Lylo isn't until tomorrow and we can afford a mislynch.

If there are 3 scum, we are in lylo. If there is 2 scum remaining the only logical possibilities I can see are a Reck/SC team or a Reck/SpryeX team. SpyreX and SC have been at odds for too much of this game that if they are scum together we're fucked. I also think MME is town.

So as you can see Reck can logically be part of either of the 2 remaining scum team. Hence why I think he should be todays lynch.

Also there is the small chance SC/SpryeX are both town and we just hit the nail right with lynched Reck.

The reason why I dont want to lynch SC even tho I think him the most likely remaining scum player is in the small chance SpryeX and Reck are the remaining scum, we are in lylo mislynch and lose. Thats why Reck makes the most sense. Either hes part of a 3 man scum group, or its a mislynch, but we aren't in lylo so not the end of the world.

Also I want to iso SpryeX and make sure my town read on him is consistent and that I'm not letting him coast this game.

So without furtherado
vote xReckonerx
THIS IS AN AWFUL, AWFUL POST. HOW HAS NOBODY CALLED THIS OUT YET?

1) He says that he thinks SC is scum, as in, he's more confident of SC's scumminess than anyone else's.

2) He says he is questioning my claim because there are too many oddities.

3) Somehow, he comes to the conclusion that there are only two possible scumteams: SpyreX/me or SC/me. No reasoning for how he came to this conclusion.

4) After saying he finds SC scummy, but questions my claim, he says he thinks it's possible that BOTH Spyre and SC are town, but I'm scum? What? The logic he's using doesn't even make SENSE.

5) After saying that it's either SC/me or SpyreX/me, he
then admits that he hasn't even iso'd Spyre to make a call yet!!!

WHAT THE HELL WHY IS THIS POST SO BAD
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:18 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I got the go-ahead from the mod, so:

I get doc if I fish for syringes (10%), I get cop if I fish for magnifying glass (15%), I get vig if I fish for a gun (20%), I get BP if I fish for a BP vest (20%), I get tracker if I fish for GPS (25%), I get watcher if I fish for spyglass (25%).

Also, I didn't get three PMs, here's how it went, let me edit that for you:

n0: Goes for cop. Told he caught boot.
n1: Goes for bulletproof vest. Told he finds Pablo Honey. Then told he was roleblocked.
n2: Fished for "spyglass". Told I received the power of watcher.
green shirt thursdays
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:00 am

Post by Benmage »

Actually post 1476 makes the most logical sense for the town to do. We aren't in lylo, and SC will be lynched tomorrow, so no harm no foul.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:01 am

Post by SpyreX »

I got the go-ahead from the mod, so:

I get doc if I fish for syringes (
10%
), I get cop if I fish for magnifying glass (15%), I get vig if I fish for a gun (20%), I get BP if I fish for a BP vest (20%), I get tracker if I fish for GPS (25%), I get watcher if I fish for spyglass (25%).

Also, I didn't get three PMs, here's how it went, let me edit that for you:

n0:
Goes for cop. Told he caught boot.

n1:
Goes for bulletproof vest. Told he finds Pablo Honey. Then told he was roleblocked.

n2: Fished for "spyglass". Told I received the power of watcher.
Hmmm:
Claim: I'm the Fisherman. Each night, I can fish for a predetermined list of objects. I have anywhere from a
15%-25%
chance of catching those items, and should I catch an item, it grants me that power. That's why I believed the watcher claim, because I have a very specific list of powers I can gain, and one of them is watcher.
I was told I was roleblocked... first the mod PMed me with a "All you caught was this boot!"
type post, then later he PMed me and said he forgot to mention that I was roleblocked as well. N0 I just got an unsuccessful result.
Yes. It was a mod error. He joked that all I got was a copy of Pablo Honey, then when I said "WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN THE BENDS!?!?!?"
he responded with "Oh, and you were roleblocked, knew I forgot something". It was mod error. Not sure how this is a productive line of discussion, and I'd like to know what "discrepancies" with my claim people are bringing up.
Yea, those don't add up so hot. Not to mention the fact you could have swung for vig instead of BP and opted not to (but that is an aside).
Show

Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Benmage »

Also this new percentages shit is bullshit. And i'm not buying how you keep modifying what you originally say. Its not like I had a qualm saying I was a "one-shot" doc....taking direct statements like that are never the issue.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:07 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Okay, Spyre: I was wrong on the percentages, yes. If you notice, I said it was a "All you caught was this boot!"
TYPE
post...because once again, I didn't want to quote the mod too much and say Pablo Honey.

I made a mistake on the 15-25 thing... sorry... I thought cop/doc had the same chance, but when I went back and looked, one had a 10.
green shirt thursdays
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:14 am

Post by SpyreX »

You've been consistently wrong on the percentages every time you talk about them because you're making them up.

And now the N0 message was the all you caught was this boot?

:roll:
Show

Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:15 am

Post by Benmage »

xRECKONERx wrote: 1) He says that he thinks SC is scum, as in, he's more confident of SC's scumminess than anyone else's.
True, following the later line of logic you can see why we dont have to lynch him first, and that it would actually be a poorer move to do.
xRECKONERx wrote: 2) He says he is questioning my claim because there are too many oddities.
True.
xRECKONERx wrote: 3) Somehow, he comes to the conclusion that there are only two possible scumteams: SpyreX/me or SC/me. No reasoning for how he came to this conclusion.
Actually I do give some reasoning...So arguing with false statements will get you no where. I state SpryeX and SC have been at odds for too much of this game that I can't fathom them partners. If they are we lose. Period. MME I state is town, and of course I know I'm town. So in the event that there are 2 scum remaining you are one of them with either SC or SpryeX.
xRECKONERx wrote: 4) After saying he finds SC scummy, but questions my claim, he says he thinks it's possible that BOTH Spyre and SC are town, but I'm scum? What? The logic he's using doesn't even make SENSE.
Yes I think SC is scum. But theres still a chance I'm wrong..I dont think I'm wrong, but a chance remains. I've been deadset on people being scum and wrong countless times, i'm sure everyone in here has had similar experiences. So all I was saying is we could get lucky lynching you and win right here.
xRECKONERx wrote: 5) After saying that it's either SC/me or SpyreX/me, he
then admits that he hasn't even iso'd Spyre to make a call yet!!!
Exactly tonight will give me time to confirm my already conceived view on SpryeX. Just like when I iso'd SC all it did was convince me of my already perceived view.
xRECKONERx wrote: WHAT THE HELL WHY IS THIS POST SO
BAD
amazingly the most logical thing for town to do
Fixed.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:37 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

NO IT'S NOT. IT'S NOT LOGICAL BECAUSE I AM NOT SCUM. I HAVE NOT MESSED UP MY PERCENTAGES EXCEPT FOR THE 10-15 DISCREPANCY.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:38 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Look at it this way:

You say it's logical that I'm scum with either SC or SpyreX, but you're not
sure
I'm scum, though you believe SC is, and you haven't iso'd SpyreX. So wouldn't it make sense to
Vote: SC
?
green shirt thursdays
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Benmage »

xRECKONERx wrote:NO IT'S NOT. IT'S NOT LOGICAL BECAUSE I AM NOT SCUM. I HAVE NOT MESSED UP MY PERCENTAGES EXCEPT FOR THE 10-15 DISCREPANCY.
Also the 20-25% messup, when you said 2nd investigation was 25%, but than changed that to 20% when you admitted to doing BPvest.

Its the numbers that dont add up, its a peculiar claim and its the nonsensical choices you've made that make you todays lynch.

xRECKONERx wrote:Look at it this way:

You say it's logical that I'm scum with either SC or SpyreX, but you're not
sure
I'm scum, though you believe SC is, and you haven't iso'd SpyreX. So wouldn't it make sense to
Vote: SC
?
No...Lol??? Are you serious.... If your scum with SpryeX and I vote SC we lose. But if your scum with SC than bam we got one of you. However if your town and only SC is the last scum, we vote him tomorrow and win.

My plan is win win win....and your fighting it and CrAzY caPS makes me feel more confident that you havent been honest with us.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Wait, shit, I forgot we had lynched a scum already, and there's a SK gone. So I don't think we're in lylo... not sure why I was thinking that.

You're all still EPIC FAILURES for this. MME will die tonight being confirmed by most people as the "most townie", and then you'll all be stuck in the same situation tomorrow but this time WITHOUT a claimed power role and WITHOUT the "most townie" player.
green shirt thursdays
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Appeal to emotion. How lovely.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Lynch SC or Benmage please. Please. I beg you. I have no way to defend myself anymore.
green shirt thursdays
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

xRECKONERx wrote:Lynch SC or Benmage please. Please. I beg you. I have no way to defend myself anymore.
I'd vote Benmage, but he sold me on the inconsistencies with your claim. Sorry.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

SCum. Just sayin'. Benmage too, probably.
green shirt thursdays
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by zoraster »

There were only five villagers left on this warm afternoon. The sun was setting, and an ambivalent town decided quickly to lynch Reckoner. Why, they might have been asked, did they feel the need to pull the trigger so quickly?

In the end, it didn't matter. They strung up Reckoner with a smug smile on their faces. Only MME showed signs of doubt. It was a doubt worth noting. Unfortunately, benmage did not.

Reckoner the town fisherman* was lynched

SpyreX and StrangerCoug gave each other a small nod and each positioned themselves behind one of the remaining villagers. With a quick motion, both villagers had their throats slit. SpyreX and StrangerCoug walked toward each other, gave a high five (and then one on the backside). It was, after all, now their town.

The village has lost. The Mafia has won.

Winners:
SpyreX
StrangerCoug
bmc109

*Your role is: Fisherman
Win with: town

The fisherman is a unique role (i.e. non-standard). Every night you may "fish" for a particular item. Some items are easier to fish for than others. If you "catch" an item, you may use it at any time (day or night) by PMing me, but it is only good for one use. Items that can will work for one day and one night. You may only "catch" one of each type of item for the duration of the game.

The following items are fishable. The number of the percent chance you have of catching each item.

10% Syringes (Doctor)
15% Magnifying Glasses (Cop)
20% Guns (Vigilante)
20% Bulletproof Vests (persistent [does not get used up], prevents one shot, is only used on you)
25% GPS Locators (Tracker)
25% Binoculars (Watcher)

To fish at night, simply PM me with the following:

I will fish for [item]

You may fish on night 0 by pming me with your fish item. (No standard role may use their power on night 0)

PLEASE CONFIRM THIS ROLE VIA PM

I'll post some thoughts tonight or tomorrow. Until then, feel free to discuss. My general thought is that it was an unfortunate game for town. Losing both power roles by the end of N1 was a huge hit. Losing the SK on day 1 was actually a net negative for the town, though I know that's counterintuitive, the SK likely had just as good a shot as a Vigil of reducing the mafia members. A day 2 or 3 lynch of the SK would have been in town's best interest.

Last, my general thought is that town members were far too focused on "winning" arguments with each other rather than actually finding scum. It's actually the philosophy of one of the mafia members that comes to my mind, "I always lynch scum. Sometimes they're just not mafia." You don't win by lynching the person who makes a mistake. You win by lynching mafia.

Easy for me to say, though, as I knew from the start who was who.

Oh, people finally toward the end read the rules. I was stunned not a single person seemed to take the rules seriously. That's not just from a "why aren't you respecting my authority" thing, though that was annoying. It's that you could have started the game with a LOT more knowledge had you taken the time to skim the rules to start.

---
I welcome any comments on my mod style. Obviously there were some pretty big changes that warrant comments and criticism. Reckoner's role first and foremost. Had I to do over again, I would have made him a backup Tracker. Still, I didn't want town to be able to rely entirely on mass claims at the end, which seemed to work out pretty well.

The vote mechanic I think worked out surprisingly well. I think had people had more practice with it at the start, they might not have been as shy about putting people near majority and it would have led to a more open start game.

Last, the mechanics of the watcher/tracker were unfortunately barely tested. I'll explain why I did this later if anyone cares.

--
I hope everyone had fun. I thought it turned out fairly well, though town couldn't pull it around after a miserable start.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”