Non-Game communication

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:08 am

Post by Vi »

Simply put, Mafia involves a level of trust that can't be completely safeguarded against. We can't investigate your PM box or scan your IM records.

That's why when we DO find out about people who cheat, they get kicked off the site on a one-strike policy.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by Vi »

Netopalis wrote:That's the thing - you can PM players in your games and chat as much as you want, so long as you're not:

a) Buttering them up for a game advantage or,
b) Discussing the game.
Catch: If you know what to look for, you can still deduce someone's ingame alignment even if you're not talking explicitly about the game.
This is why Neighbor is such an underrated power role.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Vi »

shaft.ed wrote:
Vi wrote:
Netopalis wrote:That's the thing - you can PM players in your games and chat as much as you want, so long as you're not:

a) Buttering them up for a game advantage or,
b) Discussing the game.
Catch: If you know what to look for, you can still deduce someone's ingame alignment even if you're not talking explicitly about the game.
This is why Neighbor is such an underrated power role.
If you're going to go that far then we need to shut down the MD and GD and only allow players to be in one game at a time. I know Adel likes to play around with his meta in the MD (and GD) to alter his in game perceptions. And I've even dropped WIFOM statements in MD during games out of amusement. I guess the only difference is that the other threads are openly available for others to browse. But still I think it's fine to talk to people outside the game as long as you don't mention the game.

did anyone lose yet?
I never said anything about it not being fine.~

Return to “Solved Requests”