Title Fairy Policy Changes

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by Ether »

1. The first one--nobody is entitled to a title if you can't think of anything that stands out that it might deserve one for.

2. That depends on how strong the title fairy's views correlate with mine, obv.

3. 4 months or so? I think that the posting requirement is stupid; I have no problem with a GDer or Mish Masher getting a title. At the same time, I'm not wild about someone getting a playstyle-related title before it's even old enough to be fixed into a playstyle.

4. Why would there be a limit? Having said that, I think the sort of person who could get itself banned from the title fairy thread would deserve it.

5. Nah. Change it when something better comes along.

6. The person getting the title should always have the right to a veto, as well as the right to have its title changed back to "Mafia Scum" afterward.

7. I see titles as fairly serious business. Y'know, as serious as you can get when titles come from quirks and funny mishaps and shit.

8. Quirks and funny mishaps and shit? I don't really care where they come from. I do think that if ScumChat in-jokes are meaningful enough to be worth a title, they should be meaningful enough to have some grip on the forums themselves.

9. Uh, Site Ideas is fine.

10. First off, the name puns are fucking stupid. All of them. Yes, we know Xtoxm's screen name ends in "oxm." Yes, we know that Nabakov is named after a famous author, only misspelled and repeated a second time. Yes, Shafted has a period in the middle of his name. Oh my god, Vi's name is spelled V-I. Why do we seriously need to be reminded of people's screen names in the space
right under their screen names?
Frankly, I'd like it if those stupid puns were ripped out of their titles retroactively.

I forget what I was going to say second, but I think it was a shout-out to the "here is a quirk of this person that might be title worthy; let us all try to come up with a witty-sounding spin on it and drop it if we can't" approach.

Third, the hat in my scummie icon would look better with a big pink feather in it.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by Ether »

Ether wrote:I forget what I was going to say second, but I think it was a shout-out to the "here is a quirk of this person that might be title worthy; let us all try to come up with a witty-sounding spin on it and drop it if we can't" approach.
Update: that wasn't the second thing at all. It's that when someone has a great new gimmick, people should
wait
two weeks or so and see if it can stick even that long. I think a lot of title nominations jump the gun. (Titles for funny things in completed games are a different story, of course.)
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER

Return to “Player Titles”