Title Fairy Policy Changes

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by Porochaz »

If we didnt have scumchat, I wouldnt be Oh, Prozac. It should be included. Otherwise Im leacing the site and it would be Omans fault.

Also more biased opinions on Oman later.

P.S. Moogles suck ass.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Porochaz »

Tech half the players on that list frequent scumchat enough for me to call them semi regular.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Oman wrote: To facilitate discussion I have a few questions:

1. What do you think titles should be? Should they be an expression of each user's individuality? A reward for long standing Scummers who have been active in the community? An entitlement after x years/posts/games?
Should be for users who have taken an active part in the community for a long time, whether its in GD or just in mafia games.
2. What do you think the Title Fairy should be? A passive administrator to update the first page only? A moderator to ensure a sense of order in thread and titles? A way to make sure crap titles don't get through by his own judgment as an appointed official?
Someone to collect title suggestions, weed out the ones that break site rules-dont follow rules set down, make rules to be set down, be neutral.

The user behind the title fairy can and should have an opinion but if there is a popular title that the site get behind then the title fairy shouldnt stop unless its for extenuating reasons.
3. What limits/restrictions need to be placed on title recipients? 100 posts is still okay? 1 completed game? 1 year on site? No requirements?
Larger restriction most definetly, 100 posts is a ridiculously small number. I would say larger than this but without delving into the range where people start laughing in my face, 500 seems like a decent number to be able to aptly give someone a title with a decent basis rather than the crap in the first 7 pages so far. Also understandable someone might not post that much so I would lower the post count to something like 300 if they have been here over a year.
4. What limits/restrictions need to be placed on title suggesters? One suggestion/week? No limit? Bannings from Title Fairy on repeated insulting titles?
To be honest, I think the amount is not the problem and would be impossible to enforce, its the way its being run.
5. Should titles be on for the life of the account? Expand on what you feel to appropriate length of time before someone's title would be changed.
Title's should be kept until the user wants it gone. Having say a years time period on a title seems pointless and considering it takes so long to put up it makes giving titles irrelevant (more irrelevant)
6. Should titles be suggest by the community and then "accepted" by the person-in-question (for want of a better term), or should they be thrust upon them regardless of their thoughts on it? Of course, this links with "title fairy moderation of titles" as above.
Suggested
Accepted by Title Fairy
Accepted by person
Done
7. What do you see the Title Fairy Thread as? A spam thread? Srs Title Business? A place where you can post whatever without fear of moderation/incurring wrath?
I dont see it as serious business but its ridiculous at the moment, I read the 7 pages and it makes me want to drown some kittens in my piss.

The way I would run a title thread is as thus

Player A suggests title in such a way:
I nominate Player B for "title"
Player C suggests an alternative
Players D, E and F like players A's title and dislike Player C's, they say:
Yes to "title A", No to "title C" - (possibly could be expanded to give one lined reasoning)
If there are lots of yes's title fairy approves title
Player B approves title

No other dialogue, title fairy thread should be for titles only. Either its a good title or not. What we have at the moment is people giving titles or going in wanting titles for themselves or just general spamming. Its not the place.
8. What should a title be given
for
? Mafia games? Scumchat? GD?
All, all are part of the site and things like the wiki and scumchat have been used before and should remain. If something has happened on scumchat then there will be enough people to back it up.
9. Where do you want it? Site Ideas, Mafia Discussion, GD?
No reason to move it. MD would make sense but site ideas is ok as well.
10. Round it out with anything else you have to add.
I think Im harsh with my assessment and maybe it doesnt allow as much discussion but I think the title fairy thread should just be for suggesting and approving/rejecting titles. Not for all the crap that fill 75% of it.
Love,
Your New Fairy.
Since when have you been "new"

Return to “Player Titles”