Title Fairy Policy Changes

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

1. What do you think titles should be? Should they be an expression of each user's individuality? A reward for long standing Scummers who have been active in the community? An entitlement after x years/posts/games?
I think it should be a combination of individuality and a reward for long standing scummers. I don't think it's an entitlement - if you're here for years but don't leave an impact on the community, you don't deserve a title.

2. What do you think the Title Fairy should be? A passive administrator to update the first page only? A moderator to ensure a sense of order in thread and titles? A way to make sure crap titles don't get through by his own judgment as an appointed official?
I like a moderator.

3. What limits/restrictions need to be placed on title recipients? 100 posts is still okay? 1 completed game? 1 year on site? No requirements?
I think 1 year on the site might be appropriate, but I'm sure others will disagree with me. 100 posts is WAY too little, as is 1 completed game. Maybe 1000 posts?

4. What limits/restrictions need to be placed on title suggesters? One suggestion/week? No limit? Bannings from Title Fairy on repeated insulting titles?
No limit, but ban-worthy offenses.

5. Should titles be on for the life of the account? Expand on what you feel to appropriate length of time before someone's title would be changed.
I think if you earn a title, you've earned a title and it should stay unless a new one is nominated or the title holder gets tired of it.

6. Should titles be suggest by the community and then "accepted" by the person-in-question (for want of a better term), or should they be thrust upon them regardless of their thoughts on it? Of course, this links with "title fairy moderation of titles" as above.
They must accept it.

7. What do you see the Title Fairy Thread as? A spam thread? Srs Title Business? A place where you can post whatever without fear of moderation/incurring wrath?
Uh... I don't even know what this question fucking means.

8. What should a title be given for? Mafia games? Scumchat? GD?
I would say either a strong component of someone's meta (in rare cases) or reflective of their GD/scumchat personality.

9. Where do you want it? Site Ideas, Mafia Discussion, GD?
GD. It's not a site idea, and it's not specifically related to Mafia. Titles are strictly an OOC concept.

10. Round it out with anything else you have to add.
Vaginaboob.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Player Titles”