Oman's Title Policy

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Thestatusquo wrote:I agree with all of omans rules.

They should be in the first post.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Now that I think about it,
Nominate sirdanilot for sirwhinesalot

Consider that there is an advantage in reducing the number of nominations for titles. When everyone feels fine nominating whatever just popped into their head five seconds ago, it dilutes the quality of the process. I think Oman's original ruleset was superior, and that it should have been given time to prove itself.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:17 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Ythan wrote:How does a greater volume of nominations have any negative effect?
Quantity of titles suggested has been a problem in the past.

Quality will go up if people put more thought into what they are suggesting. Very few pun titles are clever enough to be worthwhile. Of the pun titles that are good, I would say that most have other characteristics that make them appropriate for being a title. The pun just makes it funny. We should be trying to make primarily meaningful titles, secondarily funny ones.

Quantity is opposed to that.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

These are all examples of titles that were otherwise funny, someone just found a way to make it into a pun as well. Starting the other way around I have not heard of.

Return to “Player Titles”