Open 193 - Friends and Enemies: It's over!

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #392 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:01 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hey guys! Good to be here.

VP/Amish... <3

I think I've played with SC and DDD. Everyone else is a new face. So, I'll give my thoughts on the re-read as I have them. Pretty interesting read so far.

Regarding my predecessor, all I could think during my re-read was... holy shit, Scien is pressuring Vi on quite possibly the dumbest thing ever. I don't think it was as big of a deal as people made it out to be (and Scien did a good job of defending himself, IMO)... but it's like... why even bring it up in the first place?

I don't like Zorblag's 114. He comes in, doesn't really take a definitive stance either way regarding Vi and Scien, then proceeds to do the safe thing and vote for someone who has been inactive.

Vi's 118 vote of Sando made me scratch my head since she hadn't even mentioned him until this post, and all she does is ask him a question. Seems like someone would want to wait for a response before just voting.

SC's vote on VPB is fail. Also, call it gut, but VP and ABR's back and forth feels like bussing. I dunno.

Vi explaining that Sando-vote was based on active lurking makes a little more sense.

PS, Troll Priest FTW. Or my Tauren Warrior.

And, I kinda agree with ABR that bandwagons in general are good. I don't know if I'd say ANY bandwagon is good, but most of them can provide good info.

charlatan is my strongest town read.

SC is one of my only scum reads.
Vote: SC

Done with p8, need to take a break, be back to finish up soon.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #393 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:02 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Whoooa, looking at that vote count after posting this post is odd... my strongest town read has the most votes, and my strongest scum read is only being voted for by my strongest town read. Uh-oh. Seems like some real shit's gonna happen in the next 8 pages.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #395 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Alright guys -

I gotta head into work. I get off in 5 hours, sooo, when I get back I'll try to get something up... but I'm going to the bar tonight, so really it's a crapshoot. Either tonight or tomorrow afternoon, I'll finish catching up, I promise.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #405 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hey guys, I see questions directed at me. (And a vote, WTF Ed.)

Unfortunately I can't complete the catch-up tonight. Expect moar tomorrow.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #416 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

K, I'm back from work. Gonna try and do a quick catchup before multiple drunk motherfuckers show up at my apartment.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #418 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Nvm, didn't get anything done, now im drnku bbl
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #432 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:33 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

*yawn*

Trying to read through this game, but a hangover + roommate playing Mass Effect + massive hunger pains is making it difficult. Anyways, here we go:

Scien vs. VPB is interesting. Scien's 202 makes good points about VPB, and VPB's response didn't do much in the way of defending in my opinion. Vi's response to SC's 187 also aligns with my views. It seems like the suspicion stacks up on VPB rather quickly on p9.

Also, lemme just get this out of the way... I dislike playing in games with both VPB and Amished, just like I dislike playing in games with both SC and elvis_knits, for the simple fact that I can never tell when it's blatant buddying or just meta-game relationship. *sigh*

DDD's lack of content this far into the game (p.9) disturbs me.

Top of p.9, ABR joins the VPB wagon. Cool. Charlatan's 228 is too blatant fence-sitting, and definitely decreases my read on him. When I've played as scum, I've used a similar tactic of pointing out two people who are arguing, claim they're bussing without giving much insight into the argument, and then set myself up to look inscrutable by claiming I'd be okay with voting for either since I believe them both to be scum. And, whoa, looks like SC agreed with me in post 234, which gives him +town points.

Despite ABR's QFT posts, which can be offputting, I tend to play like that as well - agree with other arguments, or disagree with other arguments and point out why.

Amished's 239 vote of ABR is lulzy, and I support SC's 241 vote of charlatan, who seems like the best lynch candidate at this point. BTW, I can't remember if I actually voted in my previous post, so
unvote
just in case.

Top of p.10, I'm not a big fan of Zorblag's "don't post frequently, but post occasionally with giant walls of text" style... but his meta explanation of ABR actually clears up quite a bit. Furthermore, he thoroughly addresses all issues that need to be addressed, AND lays down a vote for charlatan, which is IMO the most pro-town vote at this point.

And a charlatan response! This should be good... he says he finds them both scummy, and they just HAPPEN to be arguing... not that the arguing makes them scummy. Yet, I don't recall seeing charlatan point out one single reason why either of them are independently scummy.

Porkchop and Scien are both very inactive ;_;

I thought I was gonna make a good catch with charlatan's fence sitting, but even my predecessor has jumped on board with how scummy it is by 276. sigh. AAAND here comes another charlatan response. Nothing that can sway me here.

I like Amished's vote on DDD in 278... I can't believe he was allowed to actively lurk for this long.

@ABR: do you have actual meta evidence of charlatan contributing more as scum than town, or is it just a crazy theory you want to test out?

Vi is almost certainly town btw. I have yet to see a Vi post that I haven't viewed as pro-town, and post 297 calls out exactly how I was feeling about Porkchop's "catchup" post.

DDD's vote on Amished (bottom of p 13) is nothing more than a pretty-fied OMGUS. Fail. Especially when I have a slight town read on Amished and a slight scum read on DDD. That just pushed him further down my list. Coincidentally, charlatan's 302 vote of SC is baaaad since 1) it's weaksauce and 2) SC was one of my stronger town reads, while charlatan had slipped down the list since p8. In fact, he's probably at the bottom right now.

...I had forgotten about Sando. dub tee eff

I like ABR's top three scum in 323 minus Amished. Put VPB in for Amished and I think that's more in line. Porkchop might be in there as well, depending on how the next few pages shake out.

Okay, now I'm getting bored to be completely honest. Basically, charlatan continues to open mouth->insert foot, and I'm all but convinced he's floundering scum at this point. Ojanen's is probably the hardest for me to read at this point, I don't know why. Her posts seem to be as neutral as fuckin' possible.

@Zorblag: You say it's easier to treat ABR's play as a tool to use in the long run. Does his alignment affect the usefulness of the 'tool'?

And yeah, I'm here on p. 15 kinda nodding off. Maybe it's the meal I just ate (yum, honey bbq wings, I need a cigarette, dammit). DDD plays like arrogant scum on this page. Specifically post 360. I played with him in Mayor Mafia, but even then it seemed like he was contributing a bit more content and not playing so confident-scum-like. There seem to be a lot of egos in this game, and I can't tell what's player ego and what's scummy ego.

I can't believe charlatan is still pushing the SC case tbqh.

And, hey, there goes my predecessor. And hey, there I am replacing in.

@Zorblag: I think it was charlatan's quick-fire posts that seemed town to me, since I tend to do that at the start of most games. SC was my top scum candidate for his shitty vote on VPB... but I think you'll find my new scumreads/townreads below interesting given my full catch-up being completed.

I see that people think it's a scumtell to criticize your predecessor... eh. Not sure I agree. What, should I just not mention him period? If he played shitty, he played shitty... I think it'd be scummier to ignore it than actually acknowledge it. Either way, it can be read as scummy, so it's basically a nulltell at best.

@Amished: I thought I'd replaced into more than just that. Well, actually, I think there's like two other games I've replaced into, but they're both ongoing, and I don't link anything in the wiki until the games are completed.

Anyway, that's all for the catchup. If I missed anything, pleaaase point it out. And here's my current scumlist.

SCUMMEH:

charlatan
PorkchopExpress
DDD

PRETTEH SCUMMEH:

VP Baltar
Sando

NEUTRAL:

Amished
Ojanen
Albert B Rampage

TOWNEE:

Zorblag
Vi
SC

<3
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #435 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I can agree with VPB on the LOST thing. Santos played awful that game.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #443 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Porkchop wrote:@Reck: I’m interested to know why you had SC down as scum initially. I would also like to know exactly what is giving you scummy vibes about VPB
Reckoner, literally just a few posts ago, wrote:I think it was charlatan's quick-fire posts that seemed town to me, since I tend to do that at the start of most games.
SC was my top scum candidate for his shitty vote on VPB
... but I think you'll find my new scumreads/townreads below interesting given my full catch-up being completed.
Reckoner, also in that same post, wrote:Scien's 202 makes good points about VPB, and VPB's response didn't do much in the way of defending in my opinion.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #450 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Unvote, vote porkchopexpress

PRETTEH SCUMMEH

Who's weth meh?
OOOOH ME ME ME

Vote: Porkchop

Wagon, hooooo!
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #470 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Amished, are you completely convinced I'm scum solely because of your supposed scumtell you developed?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #483 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:13 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Note. My scumlist isn't really in order of scumminess, it's more of a clusterfuck of people who I feel are the same levels of scumminess. So, PCE = charlatan, not the other way around.

More PCE votes plz
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #486 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Because PCE has gotten by so far without doing much of any real effort, and I've learned you don't let that just slip by, otherwise you wind up with either a) a scum who's slipping by unnoticed or b) a townie who is an easy mislynch later.

Better to get rid of it now.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #488 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Link?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #492 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:23 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hmm. TBQH, it doesn't sway me much. Or at all.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #494 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:18 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

ABR is totally mah scum buddeh. look how blatant it is!!!!!!!111!!11oneoneone
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #500 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Maybe it's because I've never played with Vi before, but IIRC my town read was mostly due to what I consider to be earnest scumhunting.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #503 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

The rest of Scien's play wasn't awful. Just that stretch at the beginning where he kept going on and on about lynch numbers.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #505 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

So, Amish, you read PCE as certain-town?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #506 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Also, why is ABR's logic re: PCE-lynch any better than mine, since you read me as scum and not him?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #529 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:35 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Whoever asked me: content-wise, there's not a whole lot there in charlatan's early posts. It's just the way that he presented himself gave me a gut town read, I guess. Given the developments later in the game, though, it obviously made him a strong scum read.

On PCE vs char:

I feel like either one or the other is scum. I see no connections between the two to link one to the other, so I don't think they're going to be on the same scumteam. PCE has been coasting so far this game to the point where when I got done doing my scumlist I was like 'Who am I missing? Oh, PCE and Ojanen." Only difference is, when Ojanen does post, it's at least neutral, whereas PCE gets by without doing much of anything aka scummy.

To be completely honest, at the risk of sounding like charlatan's fence-sitting, I only prefer a PCE-lynch like 50%, a charlatan lynch 35%, and a DDD lynch 15%.

Yes, I probably bastardized the english language there, I don't give a fook.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #537 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

VOTE COUNT PL0X
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #541 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Because I think PCE is a better D1 lynch than a charlatan lynch is? Hey, charlatan-scum can die tomorrow... PCE is a non-contributor and I don't want to let him just float by the rest of the game with him almost-getting-lynched-but-never-quite-getting-there. Then all of a sudden it's OMG ENDGAME and he's scum.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #554 (isolation #23) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

You?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #559 (isolation #24) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

yo Rampage.

And, I think out of anyone on the charlatan wagon, you're most likely to be scum. But I actually think the charlatan wagon is town-driven. Which is why scum won't get on the wagon.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #561 (isolation #25) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Sando is about VPB levels of scummy right now: not blatantly scummeh, but I've got my eye on him.

Ojanen was at first a hard read, but her tendency to lean towards the PCE wagon makes me think she's town... scum would've just gone with the easy wagon imo
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #563 (isolation #26) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

charlatanscum + PCEscum.

Why isn't charlatan going for PCE?

Why isn't PCE going for charlatan?

Cause they're scumbuddies?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #573 (isolation #27) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:17 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Eh, what the hell.

Unvote, Vote: charlatan

Hammah.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #578 (isolation #28) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

So in your eyes it is more likely that scum are bussing (since you think PCE is scum) than getting a mislynch on charlatan? If it's town driven, I'd think that the scum would be eager to hammer it through and then attack those driving townies tomorrow.
I think:
Reck 'ThaMothafuckinHeat' oner wrote:Why isn't charlatan going for PCE?

Why isn't PCE going for charlatan?

Cause they're scumbuddies?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #580 (isolation #29) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Cool story bro
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #581 (isolation #30) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

charlatan wrote:As expected. Later, kiddos.
Also, this seems to indicate that I was at least HALF-right: charlatan is scum. PCE is up in the air.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #583 (isolation #31) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:11 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

They're not. They have little to no interaction thus far, which is actually quite telling. Seen many games (including the last one I modded) where scum having little-or-no interaction D1 has lead to scum connections.

As far as I'm concerned, I had them both pegged as probable scum. I would've preferred a PCE lynch, but a lynch on charalatan-scum is just as well.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #590 (isolation #32) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I need to update my scumlist in light of the flips. Vi makes excellent points about Sando, but not much has changed regarding my stance on Porkchop from yesterday. Not sure I like three votes being played coming right out of the gate on D2, so I'm gonna hold off on voting quite yet until I have more time to feel out each player.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #597 (isolation #33) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Vi: Fine.

I
vote: PCE
for now, with a giant muthafuckin'
FoS: Sando
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #599 (isolation #34) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

We can't afford to lose PCE if he is town
So, you think DDD is scum, and PCE is not? Do you "do" scumlists? Cuz I'd love to see an ABR scumlist.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #602 (isolation #35) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I don't know whether PCE is scum or not. I know we can't mislynch or we are in a world of shit tomorrow,
So you ARE saying DDD is scum? 'Cause he was a pretty strong scum read for me D1, and I'm debating on whether charlatan's flip even matters in regards to DDD's alignment.

That being said, I'm still liking a PCE lynch, but after reviewing the game, I'm starting to like a Sando lynch even more/equally as much, with DDD coming in right behind the both of them.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #606 (isolation #36) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yo ABR
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #610 (isolation #37) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:32 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Vi, same question at you, just flip it:

What made you put charlatan over PCE? Did you find PCE scummy at all D1? Do you find him scummy in light of charlatan's flip?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #616 (isolation #38) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

ABR.

Was there scum on the charlatan wagon?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #618 (isolation #39) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:22 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Let's play a game, ABR. It's called rank the scum.

SerialClergyman, Zorblag, VP Baltar, Amished, Vi, xRECKONERx

GO GO RANK TIME
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #627 (isolation #40) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Zorblag - I anxiously await those reasons.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #631 (isolation #41) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Sando:

You and PCE's scumminess is not mutually exclusive.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #635 (isolation #42) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Convenient.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #638 (isolation #43) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:29 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Ojanen: D'oh. PRETTEH SCUMMEH, INDEED.

For the record, given PCE's current circumstances (despite my dickish behavior over the matter), I am now muuuuuch more in favor of a Sando lynch than anything else. But my current school schedule isn't allowing me the time to catch up in all my games like I've been meaning to do, so my iso/catchup is going to be forthcoming...eventually...probably.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #640 (isolation #44) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:22 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Actually, I don't think they're bussing - I think PCE/Sando could either be scum. I think at least one of them is, it doesn't mean that BOTH of them are. I found charlatan scummy for it because he pretty much spent an entire post meandering around the issue and not landing either way, and NEVER landing either on one side or the other throughout the game.

PCE's replacing out... well, maybe it's just me, but I don't replace out unless it's under excruciatingly important circumstances because I know how much of a pain it is to find replacements and all. So his inactivity and flying-under-the-radar-ness, which is what pissed me off about him in the first place, seems more legit now.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #645 (isolation #45) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Maybe I used the term 'mutually exclusive' wrong.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #649 (isolation #46) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Um.

False.

But you're always up for a good bandwagon, eh ABR?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #651 (isolation #47) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

K. I honestly have nothing to defend against, so lynch away. Pretty much baseless attacks here.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #653 (isolation #48) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

What did I not explain clearly
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #667 (isolation #49) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Vi: didn't realize it was.
Unvote

@ABR: Or, scum was trying to set me up by killing one of my vocal supporters.

@VPB: At the time, yes, there was no way to distinguish scum in my mind. charlatan kept posting, whereas PCE just disappeared and lurked the whole damn time. I have nothing against people when they need to replace out, seriously, so it downgraded my scumview of him. Not sure why you think it's ridiculous for me to think both people are scum being run up on the wagon - I thought it was entirely plausible. My hammer on charlatan was simply because I wanted D1 to end. I wanted a flip, I wanted some information on which to go on. Charlatan really had nobody coming to his aid (as in, actively defending him as town, IIRC), so to me that meant he was either scum or VT. If he was mason, I felt like people would've been quite opposed to his lynch. And, IMO, since a PCE lynch didn't look like it was going to happen, lynching probable-scum/at-the-least-VT was the second best option.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #670 (isolation #50) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

No no, don't feel like you're being offensive. VPB will tell you: my meta is pretty much that everyone finds me scummy as hell.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #677 (isolation #51) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:32 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Scum-Sando would've just let me get lynched.

Scum-DDD would give the whole 'hey guys reck was a good vote yesterday' shpiel without doing any real scumhunting. For people to say I have no interest in doing any scumhunting is pretty hypocritical when DDD doesn't either; furthermore, I play sporadically and offbeat in all my games recently. it's far more fun than wall of texts. I hate wall of texts. I like short bursts of text that accomplish the same muthalickin' goal.

so yea.
Vote: DDD
kthx
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #682 (isolation #52) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Vi, think about it: Sando hammers me, he's already getting a ton of suspicion anyway, he's just basically a fall guy for the scum. I don't know why he'd try to start a complete counter-wagon (unless he's my scumbuddy) as scum. It's a far too laborious tactic to try and clear himself if he's scum. Plus, he pointed out DDD's weaksauce reasoning, which is a very nice catch.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #684 (isolation #53) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:27 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Pointing it out doesn't mean he was focused on it. It means he brought it up and I was like "Oh, shit, I didn't notice that".

And I could've sworn there was more under-the-surface-tension with Sando. Maybe not though. In any case, I don't see scum going out of their way to stop a wagon on a townie no matter what the circumstances are. And even in the hypothetical situation that I was scum, it'd be suicidal for my scumbuddy Sando to blatantly try to counterwagon at this point.

Yeah, Sando's town, no matter which was you slice it.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #707 (isolation #54) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hey guys - snow/ice is causing the power to flicker off and on. I'll be back around to catch up on whatever within the next few days.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #725 (isolation #55) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Update - just got all my stuff moved in off the truck, and my room looks like quite the clusterfuck. Hopefully I'll be back in this game by tomorrow night.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #737 (isolation #56) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Only read this most recent 2 pages - But... I don't think ABR is scum. His blatant vote-hopping seems too scummy to be scum. I know that's a logical fallacy, but it is my belief that a player as experienced as ABR wouldn't be flopping around like so. VPB's anger/frustration with him seems legitimate. Still unsure on Ojanen. Hopefully more to come tonight.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #746 (isolation #57) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

VP Baltar wrote:
reck wrote:I know that's a logical fallacy, but it is my belief that a player as experienced as ABR wouldn't be flopping around like so.
What do you think is the likelihood that he would play to this exact assumption?
Because, ABR doesn't seem the type of player who would risk such an obvious way of getting lynched. If there's a scumteam including him, I think he'd be more than likely NOT be their most expendable player, and his D1 play doesn't fit with scum IMO.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #749 (isolation #58) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:39 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Vi wrote:Incidentally, how much do you know about ABR, xRx?
I've never played with him before, I just have heard about him a lot, I guess. Hasn't he been around for awhile?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #765 (isolation #59) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Troll: Instead of giving your opinions on what's happening, can you present a case on me? I know you seem to be a big fan of wall o' texts, but the fact that you haven't really explained exactly why you find me scummy yet is off-putting.

@ABR: Do you 'do' scumlists? If so, mind throwing one my way?

@Ojanen: You're right, I really don't care how I look. Ever. In any game.

Re: VPB. I'm not liking how he seems to be throwing suspicion at anyone who disagrees with him or finds him scummy. Or maybe that's just the vibe I'm getting from him and it doesn't match reality... but he seems to be versus ABR, because ABR is calling him scummy, and he seems to be calling Ojanen scum, after Ojanen pointed out problems with VPB.
VPB wrote:Oh, that's right YOU'RE USING EMPTY RHETORIC TO PAD YOUR CASE.
Irony?

In any case, I'm not sure on ABR tbqh. I realized how much of a logical fallacy it is to assume that he's too scummy to be scum. I don't know his meta at all, but maybe he plays completely different every game so that when he IS scum, nobody can catch him for stuff like that. He's a neutral read for me right now. I still like a DDD lynch at the moment, but VPB's reactionary playstyle is pissing me off and I'm
strongly
considering joining that wagon. And I'm still happy with my Sando-town read.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #767 (isolation #60) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:18 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

VPB, my point was it looks like you're only attacking those who have some suspicion of you.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #769 (isolation #61) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:30 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

VPB wrote:Translation: "I still have a foot in both camps, but the Reckoner wagon seems to have become less popular now."
Why would you think this is what she's doing unless she is scum? What is the town motivation for this? Answer: there is none. So if you think this is actually what she's doing, you must think she's scum.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #771 (isolation #62) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:16 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

"attacking" probably wasn't the best word for it. I guess I meant it seems like you're only vocal about players who suspect you while others slip under the radar.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #773 (isolation #63) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:27 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

ABR, more recently.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #775 (isolation #64) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:40 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Not off the top of my head, but I could probably go back and dig something up. But Ojanen and ABR are you biggest attackers, and you're easily the most vocal about them. What are your thoughts on OTHER players?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #820 (isolation #65) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:31 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Sorry guys - work/homework/parties are getting ta be crazy. I'll try and have something up tonight.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #823 (isolation #66) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:26 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Im'ma plain ole Vanilla Townie.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #825 (isolation #67) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I can't even do anything to convince you guys otherwise anyway. If I had claimed mason, the masons would be like 'lol no' and I don't want to out the masons. The entire case on me is that I flirted with both wagons yesterday. There's literally no way for me to defend that... I wanted a PCE lynch more, but when the charlatan lynch was inevitable, I hammered. There's nothing else I can possibly say about it. In retrospect, yeah, it was a stupid fucking decision, but I wasn't going to get my lynch, and our mod refuses to implement deadlines.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #828 (isolation #68) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Scum is DDD and VPB. No idea on the third.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #839 (isolation #69) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

DDD is scum because he's flying under the radar under this guise of "Oh, I'm just not gonna participate because I'm cool like that. See, it's meta!" Though, the only game I've played with him and SC was Mayor Mafia, and DDD's lurking wasn't anywhere NEAR as bad that game. I think his vote on me, followed by him trying to take credit for "starting the wagon" when I think I was a very obvious wagon target (for the hammer yesterday) is scummy.

VPB, I 'unno, I don't like his exchanges with Ojanen.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #843 (isolation #70) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:53 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

What the hell. I might as well self-hammer. Any objections?

Just... promise me a DDD or VPB lynch will happen tomorrow after I flip.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #867 (isolation #71) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Vote: xRECKONERx

It's obvious no other lynch is happening today.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #882 (isolation #72) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah

bahstahds
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1362 (isolation #73) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Here's the QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/FuKBiLaaJ2a3

And honestly, this was an awesome game to keep up with. It's a shame I had to get lynched so early (thanks, predecessor :( ) but Vi and Troll handled it extremely well and used it to their advantage. I somehow always had a gut feeling that DDD would be the final mislynch. If I hadn't been backed into a corner with ABR (fucking mason fucking fuck fuck fuck!) I could've probably gotten him strung up too after my flip.

And I gotta say... Vi & Troll are quite astute. They pegged the masons fairly well, and I was still scratching my head like... holy shit, how'd they do that?
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Open Games”