Open 193 - Friends and Enemies: It's over!

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1346 (isolation #200) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

yay! hito wins a gold star! I've been thinking about a Vi-DDD scumteam for a little while now and had this semi-corroborated by what I believe to be a slip from xRx in an ongoing game. Since I couldn't really use that as evidence for anything, I wanted to gently question Vi while making DDD's lych look more and more imminent to see if her position on him would change at all.

Needless to say, it has and it feels so in a scummy 'Well, I guess if we have to...' sort of way.

I was planning on outright saying I think Vi has a 99% chance of being DDD's partner if he flips scum once we went to twilight, which may have drawn the NK to me (not a bad thing), but it's out there now.

In terms of a Vi-Zorblag scumteam, I definitely think that is less likely than Vi-DDD. There is just something about Troll's play this game that doesn't seem scummy to me. Unfortunately, prior to today, Troll was fairly friendly with basically everyone alive, so it's very easy to see connections that way to everyone.

It would probably take some massive persuasion on someone's part to make me NOT want to lynch DDD at this point, and if Vi-Zorblag are the scum in that situation then they've already won.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1347 (isolation #201) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

And silence ensues. That either means hito and I are really right or really really wrong. I'm going to be voting in the next 3-4 hours most likely just as a heads up.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1350 (isolation #202) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Troll wrote:Unless people have a reason to think that hitogoroshi is town before today I have trouble seeing why no one else would be looking at his actions today and questioning his motives.
Yeah, don't worry, he's definitely not getting a free pass for anything. Even though it does appear to be Vi imo, contrivances like The Mechanism and then trying to tout himself as uber-town today don't sit well with me. If i'm alive tomorrow, I imagine it will basically be like restarting today and going back to square one for everything again.
DDD wrote:Or it means normal people aren't awake at 8 am on a Saturday, weirdo.
Damn lazy kids. I thought everyone had to work on Saturday mornings at 7 am...
DDD wrote:So I'm basically reduced to really hoping that Hito is Zorblag's scum partner so that when I get mislynched at least I can brag in post-game about how I was never wrong in this game; so exasperating.
Yer, but that's how the cookie crumbles. If I'm wrong, then sorry for my suckiness. I'll let you pick my next avatar as compensation if you flip town somehow.

Vi, wake up from your ice cream cake sugar-coma and give us some verbal diarrhea.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1351 (isolation #203) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, you scumbags had your chance to talk. I'm leaving for a track meet now.

Vote: Debonair Danny DiPietro

Hope I'm right because I really don't want to be sporting that Miley avatar.....
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1354 (isolation #204) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, nerts. Vi, who's your partner? hito?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1356 (isolation #205) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

You're seriously going to make me wait?

You know I had you pegged and no way to convince anyone else that you were scum. :P Do you realize what I'm getting at?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1358 (isolation #206) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

lol, you did a good job. You had too much town cred for me to actually push it and I was damn pissed about it. I felt pretty certain on DDD though, so I thought if I could get him knocked out you'd be easy as pie today.

Had I thought DDD was town, I might have tried to nudge him a bit to pick up xRx's slip from the other game and take you out now. Of course, I would have felt pretty damn cheap for that too, but only because I respect your play and I'd be pissed to lose over that.

It briefly crossed my mind that xRx was trying to WIFOM the hell out of me intentionally, but that seemed an elaborate play for him.

Oh well, GG. You won the war of attrition and my record in elite games continues to be rubbish.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1363 (isolation #207) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Reck, I don't think your lynch had anything to do with your predecessor. In fact, I would say it had absolutely nothing to do with it. And I don't want to do a bunch of finger wagging, but you seriously need to be careful when discussing ongoing games. If I didn't care about the integrity of this game, I very easily could have gotten Vi lynched on that alone. [/lecture]

In terms of play this game, damn you Trolllllllllllll! I think you're scum in every single game I've ever been in with you, so I'm just going to start lynching you without question in the future. Hope you don't mind. :) You played very well in endgame though. Your MO (might orbots?) seems to be grab up a ton of suspicion and then do an unbelievable amount of work to dig yourself out.

Vi, I never really considered you a suspect until endgame. I think all of the scum roles you've been getting lately have really upped your game as scum and I'm having a hard time seeing the differences between that and your town play. I think some closer analysis of this is required from me in the future, lest I continue to go down this path of letting you slide.

I don't think the charlatan or SC lynches were undeserved. To me, you guys honestly looked the scummiest and when pressure came down on you I don't think it was handled well. DDD is probably worth feeling bad about, but mostly in the sense that it cost us the game. I really don't like that you've brought your town meta down to this to help your scum game. It makes it impossible to read you in a positive light without having major misgivings that you're playing everyone. It's your choice obviously, but even though for a good part of the game I thought you were town, the WIFOM at the end with how "right" you were all game really screwed with that. So, apologies and I'm dreading that avatar.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1366 (isolation #208) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vi wrote:I'm pretty sure I wasn't scum in tubby's game... In fact that thing H_H said a few posts ago might have all been a giant typo.
You got lynched didn't you? Scum!
Vi wrote:I got my heart set on you, and I'm ready to wait...
You sure I can't negotiate a cute puppy or something?
SC wrote:I think the flip side of having a lot of good players is that you also have a lot of stubborn, self-convinced players as well. The amount of times town convinced town to change their minds I could count on one hand I think.
This is definitely true and a problem in almost any "elite" game I've played in. I personally believe that they are very difficult for the town to win. I mean, even if you look at a game like /invitational 4 where a lot of town players were on the right track for a good part of the game, it was still difficult to get a scum lynched for most of the game. Had the scum team not linked themselves so closely together to keep the lovers alive in that game, it very may of well ended up like this game. Sadly, I think the village needs a few idiots to operate smoothly. Sometimes it's just easier to get a read on someone with a lower level of playing. I have a far too suspicious mind lately and it's hard for me to write people off as town...and when I generally do, I'm horribly horribly wrong (Vi, Troll).
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1367 (isolation #209) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Oh, and Happy Scumday, SC! You're officially old now. :P
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1371 (isolation #210) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Zorblag wrote:Actually, having said that, having Albert B. Rampage in the game with people who aren't used to his play does the same job for me. He's a lightning rod and he's going to draw suspicion. He just rubs people the wrong way. I don't know if I can actually read him well (I've only ever seen him as scum when I was his partner) but he gives me access to other reads just based on how people take his antics and that's a foundation to work from.
heh, well that doesn't help when you're the scum, now does it! While that may be beneficial to you specifically, I think his play this game was massively detrimental to the town. Afterall, he spawned The Mechanism and that was just one big culdesac we really didn't need to go down at all at such a crucial point in the game. I know he's sort of got a meta prison to play to at this point, but considering the rest of the town when it comes to your own play is important in my book.

And as far as lynching you, stop bartering. :) I've made up my mind and I'm going to go Charles Bronson on you the first chance I get. I really shouldn't have given you so much good will for your blatant mason hunting in thread.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Open Games”