Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 2:32 am

Post by Amished »

..... Really? You're going to try to push an SK when we've never had more than one kill a night?

@ DDD: If you're not lynched and I'm not lynched, we have a happily ever after, which is still a draw.

Ok, final thoughts since I've made my decision:

DDD buddying to me when there was ample hate towards me, and having the exact same read on the game both line up with him being town from him being a "similar" role to me (i.e. power role when I'm a power role). Also, to keep my own role balanced (but somewhat swingy) I would expect two targeted town roles since we've had a scum neighbormaker (and then their NK). The pied piper isn't targeted so to keep it just as likely that I would kill town and scum; DDD has to be telling the truth about his role (yay mod-wifom)

Also, one last fact about my role that didn't matter yesterday: I have a 2 shot limitation on my role (double barreled shotgun is my "gun" of the PGO). I could take out two town or two scum (or one of each). Everything is still balanced, just swingy (which is perfectly fine, especially for a theme game).

Sotty's only redeeming factor is that early on she attacked power roles a lot. I tend to be a lightning rod for those when I'm vanilla; probably why Zach was in my initial suspicion when I first joined the game. However, both the ekiM and hohum lynches were just too fast for me to believe that all the town were on them. Oh, at this point:

@xRx: You're the one that's fucking retarded for being an insolent ass throughout the game. Fuck off if you're going to personally insult us for your poor play. Especially when 90% of the time you had your vote parked on DDD it was for personal reasons.

Therefore: I fully believe DDD to be a town power role, therefore Sotty is the only one left.

Vote: Sotty

DDD, I hope to God that I'm right about you.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 3:16 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Amished wrote:DDD, I hope to God that I'm right about you.
You are, though I'm still not sure about trusting you.

~~~

I have no idea why you would assume a happily ever after/draw without knowing the scum win con. And I still think my 1148 holds true.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I'm not having a very good day at all, but thankfully Amished has outed himself as the last scum with his vote and Triple D's last post. So at least that is clear.

Vote: Amished

When I spoke about the SK l was obviously talking about a 2/1/9 set up. There would only be one kill because the scum team was already dead and in the ground. I don't see how all this talk of power roles helps anything here unless you are claiming you knew along that certain people were PRs subconsciously? The only power role I had any clue about was Zach and that was only after he made it clear by correcting you the day before about the goings on about the nights.

Your reasoning for voting me is flawed and makes little sense. You seem to be heavily relying on the fact that Triple D has been calling you town for most of the game.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 6:04 am

Lovely, you two have till the nebulously defined, "tonight" to make any actual case that you're town and the other guy is scum before I vote. You don't need to put together pages and pages of stuff just show me a paragraph or two of the narrative of why you're town and the other guy is scum.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I have been pushing the Amished/Locke spot all game. Ever since I aired my dislike over Locke's early push on Zach he lurked and contributed little to the game. What he did add was a constant defense of Ort and what I viewed as opportunistic wagon jumps. Here is the case I outlined at the time. It all still applies

Then we have Amished who starts the game off with fluff posting in a back and forth with Reck. Once he is fully caught up his top suspects are Zach and Percy. Zach gets dropped really quickly and he zeros on Percy. At the time I didn't like Amished's case on Percy it was pretty much semantics. I believe that now with how hard he was pushing Percy compared with how little the town was receptive to it was the real reason Percy died that night. Not because Triple D was targeted, but we won't know for sure until the game is over.

Jahudo becomes viable to Amished right after he jumps on Amished's wagon. At the time, momentum had swung towards Amished and I mistakenly thought that Jahudo's vote was lynch -1. Looking back the vote was strange and seemingly out of nowhere. But it suddenly made Jahudo scummy enough for Amished. It opened up Amished to actually busing despite already having lost one of their partners in the lynch before.

When Amished votes for Jahudo the vote count looks like this:
VP Baltar Post 700 wrote:
Votecount 2-7
:

Amished ~ L-2 (ekiM, Sotty7, Zachrulez, Jahudo)

Percy ~ L-3 (hohum, Amished, xRECKONERx)
hohum ~ L-4 (Vi, Percy)
Jahudo ~ L-4 (Jack, Debonair Danny DiPietro)

Not Voting:

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Deadline is April 17 at roughly 12 p.m. (GMT-4).
The Percy wagon is going nowhere and Amished has already classed the hohum wagon was opportunistic. So when all is said and done, the only place he can move his vote is on Jahodo. He has been getting heat since he replaced in from people like me surrounding Locke's defense of Ort and so his only recourse was to vote Jahudo and hope to get the crazy towncred if it makes it to lynch. So close to the deadline he couldn't start a new wagon, he couldn't vote for himself and sticking on the dead wagon of Percy while not actively succeeding in convincing people to swing that way was starting to stink. So instead, he took a gamble.
Amished Post 862 wrote:Skimmed up, glad that Jah is scum; bewildered that Percy is town. Not sure why there's still some hate towards me but whatever.
This is something that really gets my gut. Like the bus of Jahudo is just supposed to clear all bad thoughts about him? It just feels like this is one of the most honest posts in the game. He was expecting to be put in everyone's town pile after that lynch and was annoyed that his gamble wasn't giving him the pay off he wanted.

Then we have rolefishing around the short night. A vote on ekiM for not looking “protown”, threatens to hammer reck despite thinking he is town. A few posts later reck is scum because of a slip, which actually does make sense. However he abandons this super quick for Vi. It's like he just scrambling for any lynch that isn't him. Seeing what sticks.

So basically, the cross busing/vote for Jahudo is the only really townie thing Amished has done, but if you look closer at the situation it's not as clear cut as it looks.

However, both of my votes for the scum were at pivotal moments in their wagons. If I was buddies with Ort and Jahudo then I had two clear opportunities to put pressure elsewhere and save them.
VP Baltar Post 501 wrote:

Vote Count 1-20
:

Jack ~ L-3 (Zachrulez, Sotty7, Cobalt, Locke Lamora)

Cobalt ~ L-3 (Vi, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Jack, Jahudo)
hohum ~ L-5 (Percy, ekiM)
Debonair Danny DiPietro ~ L-6 (xRECKONERx)

Not Voting: hohum

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Deadline is April 3 at roughly 3 p.m. (GMT -4).
I unvoted Jack and put Cobalt at lynch-2 breaking the tie between the two. I could have easily left my vote on Jack. His wagon was still viable at the time.
VP Baltar Post 806 wrote:

Votecount 2-11
:

hohum ~ L-1 (Vi, ekiM, Percy, Jahudo, Zachrulez)

Jahudo ~ L-2 (Jack, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Amished, xRECKONERx)
Percy ~ L-5 (hohum)
Amished ~ L-5 (Sotty7)

Not Voting:

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Deadline is April 17 at roughly 12 p.m. (GMT-4).
Sotty7 Post 813 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Jahudo

I'd settle for a hohum lynch if that was all that was around. I find Jahudo scummier than hohum so that's where my vote is going.
If I was scum there is no reason for me not to hammer hohum at this point. It would be a suicidal move on my part, but not only that I had said that I was willing to lynch hohum several times that day. As scum I could have hammered the townie and then returned to Jahudo the next day easily.

It's really as basic as that. Amished/Locke defended Ort on day one and then only voted Jahudo after getting heat about that and realizing that there was no other real lynch he could chase. His slot needed the towncred and desperately. On the other hand I was a swing vote that turned the two lynches towards the scum, something I could have navigated around if I was scum with them.

Okay this turned out longer than I thought, but if you have any questions Triple D then ask. Otherwise I am just going to hope you pick right.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Amished »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Amished wrote:DDD, I hope to God that I'm right about you.
You are, though I'm still not sure about trusting you.

~~~

I have no idea why you would assume a happily ever after/draw without knowing the scum win con. And I still think my 1148 holds true.
I asked VP what would happen in a lylo situation on April 24th at 5:29 PM (is when I got my response) when I was thinking about a claim and how since only one scum left what would happen if I was mistaken and lynched a townie in a 3 person endgame.

Look, I'll keep this short. I've been active as hell trying to find scum. I've explained my reasoning for everything as far as I know. Like I mentioned right away, I have more posts than both you or Sotty. Yeah, some are fluff but I questioned a hell of a lot of people too. I stuck to my beliefs, I didn't come up with some ridiculous SK thought about you(what would've happened to the NK on 2, 3, 4 or 5?)

For her, she's been the leader of a townie quicklynch on both ekiM and hohum (after hohum got away from L-1 like 3 times before that). Her reaction to my claim was a nebulous "that would explain him getting to lylo" (like anybody really thought I was *that* pro-town). And just to top it off she hasn't done really anything in the last couple days except lurk her ass off and let us squabble amongst ourselves. She had a "gut" scum read on me for the longest time and now that I vote her she's finally come out with a long ass case? It's all been convenient as hell.

Oh, one last point: none of the NK's make sense for me. Especially the Percy one (or if you redirected it, which easily could be) I had a big case against Percy, I was going to push the hell out of him since I'd be the last scum alive the next day. You weren't especially suspicious of me, so targeting you OR him makes absolutely no sense to me. Jack thought I was more pro-townie as well, and I didn't really have that much of a power role read on him anyways. Zach was coming around to view me as more pro-town too. Hell, the Vi death doesn't make sense either as my focus on the last two days was her, if I were scum I woulda killed Sotty cause I think you believe me more than Vi. I'd have to throw away every small advantage I could get for the NK's to make any sense at all.

I haven't bothered to read her case against me; but if there's anything that you think is especially damning in there (I can't believe that there is) I'd be more than happy to respond to that point.

Here's hoping, I guess. Never been the greatest public speaker but I hope it's convincing enough.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Amished »

Oh, one more thing!

I was the counter wagon to Jahudo. If I were scum with him I'd see that he wasn't really getting as much hate as I was and keep him alive for the best chances of winning. I easily could've pressed Percy and Zach for the rest of the day and just sat there waiting to see who else would really come up for a mislynch opportunity. I would've have gladly switched over there with the pressure that I was getting from everybody else.

I mean, if you think both wagons D2 were on the last two scum, knock yourself out DDD.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 4:40 pm

The very exciting conclusion to this game will be delayed temporarily due to "technical difficulties".
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Amished »

*cry*

No, my name is not "Ed."
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 4:22 am

Sotty's case makes better sense and it's extremely hard for me to reconcile her D2 action with scum when she had a clear path to killing hohum and chose instead to essentially hammer Jahudo. However, I do keep coming back to Amished's claim and he keeps giving those little details that make it seem authentic. But I keep coming back to the "worst case is a draw" shtick especially given MY role which as I've said would make the game impossible to win for scum as long as I'm not lynched and I don't find that believable at all and I think he was just pushing so hard to try and get someone to vote quickly to get an easy hammer. Conclusion...

Vote: Amished
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 4:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Final Votecount Day 6
:

Amished ~ LYNCH (Sotty7, Debonair Danny DiPietro)

Sotty7 ~ L-1 (Amished)

The fireworks explode in a booming terror that you can feel shudder before you hear it. It is war at high noon and the crowd off in the distance howls with delight.

The Doctor's ashes must be raining down now, but you can't see them. What you do notice, however, is Amished and Sotty7 ranting and screaming in each other's face. The words are unclear because of the thunderous clap of each successive missile.

Debonair Danny DiPietro doesn't need words, however. Words are for sniveling wimps with no balls. He is brandishing pistol that glimmers in the artificial light. He point it at each person briefly before laughing to himself. The shot is silent.

Amished,
Ralph ‘Sonny’ Barger (Paranoid Gun Owner)
, has been lynched Day 6. It is now Night 6. You have 72 hours from this post to submit any night actions you wish to use.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Debonair Danny DiPietro tried to defend himself, but it was no use. He was out of bullets and final chances. Sotty7 lunges at him and claws his throat away with her bare hands. The Pigdogs had won, as they always do. The sun broke that morning with the Sheriff's Department vehicles bounding over the hill roughly into the gathering. They arrested most people on drug charges and various conspiracies against the state as they removed the bodies. Who would have known it was the Doctor you should have been worried about the whole time?

"Job well done, Dr. Gonzo,"
one officer said.
"Job well done...."

Debonair Danny DiPietro,
Jean-Claude Killy (Cowardly Hider)
, has been killed Night 6.

Sotty7,
Dr. Gonzo (Mafia Roleblocker)
, successfully pwned you all and wins!

Jahudo and Cobalt rise from their faked deaths and also win!!!! Congratulations scum team.

Roles, setup philosophy, and thoughts on the game coming momentarily.
YOUR AD HERE

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:28 am

Post by Jack »

Such a good start to end up losing...my suspect list was xReck, Vi, hohum. Ouch...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Night Actions

Night 1
:
Zachrulez ends night early, result: Day 2 begins

Night 2
:
Debonair Danny DiPietro hides behind Percy, result: hide successful
Sotty7 kills Debonair Danny DiPietro, result: Percy dies
Sotty7 roleblocks Vi, result: roleblock successful (Vanilla Townie)

Night 3
:
Debonair Danny DiPietro hides behind hohum, result: hide failed
Sotty7 roleblocks Debonair Danny DiPietro, result: block successful
Sotty7 kills Jack, result: Jack dies

Night 4
:
Debonair Danny DiPietro hides behind xRECKONERx, result: hide failed
Sotty7 blocks Debonair Danny DiPietro, result: block successful
Sotty7 kills Zachrulez, result: Zachrulez dies

Night 5
:
Debonair Danny DiPietro hides behind Vi, result: hide successful
Sotty kills Vi, result: Vi dies
YOUR AD HERE

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:35 am

Post by hohum »

Remember when you guys jumped all over me when I attempted to explain why Sotty wasn't clearable? Maybe (just maybe) the town as a whole could have been a little more forgiving of my absenteeism early on we might have outed her!

Anyways, good game. She had us all fooled.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Mafia Roles

Sotty's role wrote:You are
Dr. Gonzo,
Mafia Roleblocker
. You’ve fought the good fight for a long time, but you’re a damn loose cannon with a death wish and a head full of acid. Once on the side of the downtrodden people, you’ve grown tired of the crying and pleading for your help. Time to join the fascists and take justice into your own hands. Your argumentation skills as a Samoan attorney are top-notch, so you can talk people out of doing just about anything.
  • During the day you may use your cunning and vote to eliminate those against your faction.
  • During the night you may speak to your partners XXXX and XXXX here: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/HH3vdaAh8MTUP.
  • During the night you may PM me the name of one player, who you will roleblock any actions from for that night.
  • If you choose at any time to claim a name other than your own, you know that Johnny Depp, George McGovern, and Paul Kemp are not in this game.
  • You win when your faction comprises half or more of the remaining players, or nothing can prevent otherwise.
The game can be found here:
Mod Note: The roleblocker would take precedence over any action, including the PGO.

Cobalt's Role wrote:You are
Richard M. Nixon,
Mafia Neighbor Maker
. You are the king of the fascist pigdogs and you need to deal with any and all rabble-rousers who would dare to lust after such stupidities as life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. You have an uncanny ability to lie that could only be the result of two pigdogs breeding in black California mud under a full moon, and thus you can convince anyone that you most certainly are not a crook.
  • During the day you may use your cunning and vote to eliminate those against your faction
  • During the night you may speak to your partners XXXX and XXXX here: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/HH3vdaAh8MTUP.
  • Once during the game at night, you may PM the name of a player whom you would like to converse with at any time in this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/DDkj6x82C9XyJ. The player will receive your invitation shortly after I receive the PM.
  • If you choose at any time to claim a name other than your own, you know that Johnny Depp, George McGovern, and Paul Kemp are not in this game.
  • You win when your faction comprises half or more of the remaining players, or nothing can prevent otherwise.
If used, the neighbor ability would send the target the following PM:
Neighbor Maker PM wrote:Along with
Player Name
you may now discuss the game at any time in this quicktopic: XXXX
Jahudo's Role wrote:You are
Ralph Steadman,
Mafia Goon
. You were once a good friend of those who hated the fascists, but after years of playing second fiddle you grew tired and decided to switch sides. Sure it makes you a coward and traitor, but what is more important than winning. Right? Unfortunately, you can only draw pretty pictures and don’t have any cooler abilities.
  • During the day you may use your cunning and vote to eliminate those against your faction
  • During the night you may speak to your partners XXXX and XXXX here: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/HH3vdaAh8MTUP>.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Town Roles

Jack's Role wrote:You are
Raoul Duke,
Freak Power Neighbor Maker
. You are all that stands between this town and the fascist pigdogs that want to pave it over. When others get taken over by The Fear, you are the one who takes another hit of mescaline and goes bravely into that good night. You’ve learned over your many years in the marshes of the weird that hip-waders are a necessity.

• During the day, you may use your vote to help eliminate threats to the town.
  • Once during the game, you may PM the name of a player at night whom you would like to converse with at any time in this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/eMHruQecbyvs. The player will receive your invitation the same night.
  • You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Mod Note: Neighbor ability would dispatch same role PM as scum counterpart.

Amished's Role wrote:You are
Ralph ‘Sonny’ Barger,
Paranoid Gun Owner
. You helped to found the Oakland Chapter of the Hell’s Angels and dished out more than one heavy boot in your time. Of course, you’re getting older now and all those hippies and Outlaws are just waiting for their chance to show you how it feels to have your femur broken with a baseball bat. Good thing you always keep a loaded, sawed-off shotgun in your saddlebag should the occasion to rumble arise.
  • If you are targeted during the night, you will defend yourself with brute force, killing the person targeting you. Because there are only two rounds in your shotgun, this ability cannot be used more than twice during the game.
  • You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Debonair Danny DiPietro's Role wrote:You are
Jean-Claude Killy,
Cowardly Hider
. At one time you were a proud, Olympic champion alpine skier. Too bad you went on to become a sniveling twit that whored yourself for a few endorsement dollars. With so much danger happening recently, you’ll do anything you can to stay out of the fray, live one more day, and cash out just a few more cheques from Chevrolet.
  • Each night you may PM me the name of a target who you will hide behind that night, thus causing any night abilities that target you to affect the person you are hiding behind.
  • You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Zachrulez's Role wrote:You are
Mr. Tambourine Man,
Pied Piper
. Jingle-jangle is the name of your game and few people in this world can rock a tambourine like you. You are so good at it that you can convince the other players around you to wake up or go to sleep any time you like with a few flicks of your nimble wrist. I mean, seriously, who would think that the tambourine could be a lead instrument. You, that’s who!
  • At any time in the game you may PM me and immediately end the current day or night phase. You may only end one day and one night phase during game and once I receive the PM you may not change your mind.
Everyone else's role wrote:You are a
Whimpering Slave of The Fear,
Vanilla Townie
. You are afraid of living your life with any sort of passion or sense of risk. Therefore, you have no special abilities and will probably die with a great deal of regret. Pathetic.
YOUR AD HERE

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:43 am

Post by Jack »

I never even used my neighborizer power :p

I felt like it was a good "get out of jail free card" if I had a confirmable ability like that (assuming the mafia wouldn't have two neighborizer's). Actually when I first got it I was thinking they would never have one since it seemed so useless. Was very pleased that orto flipped neighborizer.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Points of order

One thing I did mildly flub is that I did not forsee the hider and the roleblocker in a one on one situation at the end. The reason I started Night 6 was because technically Sotty did have the option not to block DDD if she didn't want to. Had she not blocked him and he hid behind her, the kill would have offed her. However, the scum win condition does say they only have to comprise half of the living players, so she really had already won when Amished was lynched.

The other minor modding error I made was not including a sample vanilla PM in the rules from the start. It slipped my mind when I was modifying my ruleset for this game, but thankfully no one took advantage of this before I corrected it.

Setup design thoughts

I basically wanted to create a game that rewarded good play during the day, but only punished excessively bad play at night. I've been in too many games where I am doing well during the day phase and then suddenly a night happens and I'm on the verge of being lynched. To me, that has nothing to do with skill and has a great deal more to do with lucky night choices. Now, some would say that making good night choices has to do with good reads. I agree that sometimes that is the case and I think this setup does have some rewards for good night choices (Night ending early by Zach was an excellent choice. Had Jack selected someone to be his neighbor he would have been all but confirmed town after Cobalt died. etc.).

Overall, I am very pleased that it came down to the wire like it did and there isn't much I would change about the setup itself. I wish the neighbor roles had actually come into play because it would have been a nice extra level of deception to deal with, which would have played nicely into the flavor theme of 'who can you really trust?', but I guess everything can't be perfect.

Overall thoughts on the game

I really have to commend Sotty for pulling it out because after the way ortolan imploded Day 1 and then Cobalt did nothing to prevent his lynch (and I think it would have been easily preventable with even the mildest of effort), I thought the scum team was done. Jahudo got dragged down by this even though he was trying his best, but Sotty's lucky accident bus did well to break her free from the sinking ship and give her an actual chance.

The town got a little reckless after back-to-back scum lynches, which I can't blame them for. I've been in that situation before and this game really showed me that you can never think you've got it wrapped up in mafia because that's when you stop double checking your assumptions. The ekiM lynch was a bit of a disaster and hohum has to take the blame for that one. Quick hammering there gave Sotty time to breath and regroup herself. That being said, both the xRECKONERx and hohum lynches were probably avoidable to some extent. Both of them play a certain way that can be grating at times, but in your heart you still know they are town.

It's a tough loss for the town after such a good start, as Jack said, but it still would have been hard to get Sotty after the Jahudo lynch.

If anyone has any comments or comments on the setup and my modding, feel free to ask. All the flavor content in the vote counts came from the piece "Let the Trials Begin", which comes from HST's book
Songs of the Doomed
. I was hoping it would be finished before the game was over, but too many quick days means not enough vote counts! If you would like to finish the story, you may read it in its entirity here. (Click on the table of contents, go to Chapter 2)

Thanks to everyone for playing in my game and especially to all of the replacements.
YOUR AD HERE

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:09 am

Post by Jack »

Sotty looked very town for the jahudo lynch. But looking back at how the next 3 days went, you can't tell me Jahudo wouldn't have been lynched in one of them. So lynching him over hohum was the best choice by far. Hard to see that though.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I have also nominated Sotty for a scummy as a result of her stellar performance. Good luck surviving after you get a little box under your name! ah ah ah
YOUR AD HERE

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:24 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Seriously, Sotty played this to perfection. But to be honest, it
had
to be Sotty looking back at it. The hohum lynch was so bad, I'm pissed I participated in it.

By the way, sorry for being lazy this game. I got behind at the beginning, and just never felt like catching up and getting into the game. Awesome setup though. And mostly awesome town list. I wouldn't have lost my cool so much if DDD wasn't being a fucking asshole most of the game.

PS, I thought in that final three, Sotty was the obvious scum. The only person I would have truly believed was scum besides Sotty was Vi, and Sotty killed her during the night. I knew Amished was town, and a lot of my vehement hate for DDD was just laziness and not feeling like scumhunting combined with an effort to throw scum off to who I actually suspected to hopefully create a no-brainer lylo situation at the end. Alas.
green shirt thursdays
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:26 am

Fucking, fucking, fuck.

This might've been the best ever first two days of a game I've ever played. I forced the ortolan lynch, the next day I immediately tagged the other scum though couldn't get any momentum for her lynch and then swung to get the third scum lynched on that day and then it all went to hell anyways and I fucked up the end game.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:31 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Seriously, D1 and D2 were stellar. I was so ready for VPB to be like "Zomg best pro town performance scummy plz" at endgame. Instead now we're sitting here with our hats off to Sotty.
green shirt thursdays
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Jahudo »

OMG Sotty you're awesome! I enjoyed reading the QT when it was just you left. It made for a good commentary when I kept thinking we were running out of mislynches and you'd be next. Way to go.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”