Godfather

Donations

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:30 am

Post by mith »

If you would like to donate, go here:

http://www.mafiascum.net/donation.html

Thanks,
mith
Last edited by mith on Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Tue May 26, 2009 9:10 am

Post by mith »

Money is pretty tight right now, so I thought I'd remind everyone about the donation page (as I continue to try to figure out how we're going to do t-shirts and cards).

The paypal account (almost) covered server costs for March, April, and May, but is now dry, and there have been very few donations this year. If you haven't donated previously, please consider doing so to support the site. If you have, and want to do more, I certainly won't stop you!

(Remember that paypal charges a small fee no matter the amount donated, so the more you donate at once the greater the percentage that gets to the server fund - groups in the same locale are encouraged to pool together donations and send them together.)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:32 am

Post by mith »

Thanks everyone for the generous donations! We're good for several months now.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:18 am

Post by mith »

Hi all...

I was hoping to have us moved off the server by now and reduce the cost of hosting, but still not sure when that's going to happen. Money is especially tight right now with Christmas coming up, so any donations you guys can make would be much appreciated.

I should also be freeing up a little time to get back to looking into cards/t-shirts/etc. in the new year, though of course that remains contingent on finding someone artistic to do the designs. If someone wants to put together a t-shirt design in the next week or so, I'd be happy to look into one of the on-demand printers for holiday t-shirt sales. Otherwise, we're going to need some up front funds to order a run of shirts or cards, and the more feasible it is to do monetarily the harder I will work on making it happen sooner rather than later. (As always, if you are interested in t-shirts or cards, up to $5 of your donation can be applied to the future cost of mafiascum goodies, whenever that happens.)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:15 am

Post by mith »

Thanks, guys. :)

ABR: I don't have complete records for how much it has cost over the whole life of mafiascum, but I'd guess donations have covered about 75% of it, and I've taken care of the remainder. The expenses aren't huge given our size (but then, that's why we are moving soon - as with the bluehost problems, we're a bit too big for non-dedicated hosting).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #33 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:50 am

Post by mith »

What diginova said; we would run into exactly the same problem that we had on bluehost.

The hosting situation will be moving to will be much better, thanks to a generous donation by one of our users. It's just a matter of getting things moved (which is delayed mostly due to jeep having a busy life :)).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #43 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:09 am

Post by mith »

I've updated the donation page to better reflect our current financial situation.

Thank you for your continued support of mafiascum.net!
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #76 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by mith »

Bumping this to global announcements as a reminder.

I haven't been around a whole lot lately - work has been crazy, parenting two young kids is crazy, and I have somehow become an accomplished sudoku setter during the pandemic which eats up a lot of my free time.

I know not everyone who uses this site is in a financial position to donate. That's totally ok! I have always wanted this to be a free-to-join, ad-free community. But if you are in the position to do so, please consider donating. Finances are tighter for me right now than they have been in the past (house and car stuff + kids + lots of medical expenses - nothing super serious but it adds up), and not having to worry about the server cost coming out every month would be a huge relief. (We are planning to find time to move hosts soon, so hopefully that cost will go down some anyway.)

The donation link is in the OP of this thread. (Yes, I know the logo on that page is super old, consider it a relic of the distant past of the site.) We do also have a patreon account which hasn't really been used in a while, but hey, if you prefer that, go for it.

Return to “Global Announcements”