totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:01 am

Post by totallynotmafia »

Vote: vezokpiraka
I just cannot see any town motivation for wanting to claim that early, I can however see scum doing that to try and set up an early vt claim.

Hi to the peeps I've played with before as well as those I'm modding for....better not say anything more on that matter though or I may have to modkill myself.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:15 am

Oh wow...if vez is scum then I'm almost certain Exe is too, vez's explanation as to why he claimed was pretty weak but Exe's backflip after calling for his lynch was even weaker, and this line:
Exe wrote:I tell everyone, of any alignment, not to fight my battles or help me out. Vezok, the same goes to you.
seems to me like Exe is trying to coach his/her scum-buddy mid-game.

@gandalf: why did you come in with a random vote after there were already a couple of serious votes cast? What is your opinion on vez's claim and the discussion about it afterwards?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Yeah, role claims obviously don't really mean much in this game seeing as scum can just go down that list of roles and pick whichever they please knowing that they can't be CC'd and that there's no balance to worry about, and they're probably more likely to pick a protective role as Exe has done. The arguing between Exe and vez is pretty bizarre, it doesn't really seem genuine to me.

The thing I like about the Exe wagon is that I think it may have caught out Espeonage. First he says this:
Espeonage wrote:You know. Quick lynches aren't really that bad. Considering that we are going to have alot of PRs in this game a QL might not be a bad thing. I would even support a quicklynch considering the type of game this is.
But when Exe's wagon reaches L-1, of which Espeonage is a part of, he unvotes without giving a reason. So why the sudden change of heart Espeonage?

Unvote, Vote: Exe

Still happy with that quicklynch, Espeonage?

Still like to hear opinions from gandalf, kenman, millar and Zajnet before the day is done as they have barely contributed anything so far.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:35 pm

I've got a major essay I should be working on right now so I don't have a lot of time to post at the moment, but I'm worried that with that "I'm okay to be lynched" attitude of quadz that we may be looking at another scum supersaint or bomb, so if quadz is going to be lynched today I think we should force someone we think is scummy to drop the hammer just in case.

@Mod: Have you prodded Kenman yet? Also, I'll be v/la for the next couple of days until I get this essay done.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:49 pm

Vote: vezokpiraka

Now that my assignment is finished and I've had time to reread I think quadz may actually be telling the truth, as I can see a townie holding off on that hammer in order to not end the day so quickly, and the speed that quadz got to L-1 suggests to me that scum are likely to be involved. Vez I think was being opportunistic in his vote on quadz after Agar rose the suspicion, and it's strange that he said he liked the wagon when there wasn't actually a wagon on quadz yet. I think he's also trying to make it sound as if a bus driver is really dangerous in scum hands in order to try and push the lynch when in reality I don't think it is.

@Agar, why didn't you claim first thing day 1?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:14 pm

vezokpiraka wrote:I never said a bus driver is bad in scum hands. I said a bus driver is bad in anyone hands.
That's even worse....there's no reason to worry about quadz's role in the case where quadz is town...unless you're scum of course.
AGar wrote:
totallynotmafia wrote:@Agar, why didn't you claim first thing day 1?
I think that claiming outright on D1 is the dead wrong play for PGO. It derails discussion and moves the focus away from the game at hand into people wasting their entire time discussing whether the claim is genuine or scum-motivated. By waiting until after a full day of scumhunting has been done, people can form an opinion on my alignment off of my D1 behavior and generally make a post or two about the claim and then move on with the game, and chasing down suspects based off of D1.
So you've played with a PGO before? Could you please link to a game you've played in where what you described has happened? It's mainly the timing of your claim I'm suspicious of, it looks like it may have been a gambit you only just thought of overnight, as it is a really good scum claim.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:20 am

Uhh guys...think about it...that would be extremely ballsy of millar to claim mason at that point if he was scum as he'd be taking a massive risk that there wasn't another mason out there. I don't particularly like millar's play (especially trying to out any doctors, that's just ridiculous), but I'm not sure the rewards would outweigh the risk of getting counterclaimed if he was scum. I guess it's possible he may be a scum mason though...but masons as a role are usually confirmed to each other so I don't know...it's hard to tell with this setup. Has anyone ever seen unconfirmed masons before or are they as a rule confirmed town?

@millar: what did you guys talk about each night?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:00 am

Sorry guys I have another assignment due today and I need to do a re-read before I put a vote anywhere so I'll get to that tonight after I hand the assignment in.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:24 pm

vla until 9th August
Sorry again guys I'm gonna have to wait to catch up then, I barely have enough time to post this.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:39 pm

gandalf5166 wrote:Oh, and while millar has done many stupid things, his claim was definitely not one of them. Think about what would have happened if he hadn't claimed. Someone(scum) would have said, "Oh, he waited to claim because he was scum making sure that there wasn't another mason" and our stupid selves would have lynched confirmed town.
QFT

Vote: Zajnet

He basically contributed nothing day 1. His day 2 play consists of continuously defending Vez:
Zajnet wrote:About the Vezok issue, I have reason to believe that he is actually VT. A second jester is technically possible, but vezok always plays like this xD.
Zajnet wrote:Meta reasons make me see vezok as town in this one.
Zajnet wrote:I've been in a couple games with vezok on another site, one where we were both scum, and one where we were both town. He is hilariously obvscum as scum.
Zajnet wrote:I'm not saying that he's obvtown, I'm just saying that I, personally, see him as town in this game. I could be wrong.
He then puts Quadz at L-1 in post 204, then after AGar and Vez both vote for him, he suddenly changes his tune:
Zajnet wrote:UNVOTE: quadz

I wasn't worried about scum (or anyone else for that matter) quickhammering, and I wanted to garner reactions, specifically from vezok. I don't believe quadz is scum, but if y'all want to lynch him because of his claim, be my guest. I have reason to believe that vezok really is vanilla, but the way he's been acting is really scummy, so he could be a goon. I'll support his lynch, simply because he's either VT or scum, and in that case, he's the least damaging mislynch we could make, if its a mislynch.

VOTE: vezok
It seems to me that Zajnet was calling Vez town just so that it would look good for him when vez flipped, but then when suspicion started to build on himself he was forced to actually join the vez wagon.

Zaj also found AGar's claim suspicious (which I think is fair given it's a good scum claim) and goes on to say:
Zajnet wrote:I think we should lynch AGar now. Best case, he's scum. Worst case, we eliminate something that will get in the way in a LyLo situation.
But then after Mitsuro says that scum will try to influence AGar's lynch Zajnet immediately backs down and changes his mind:
Zajnet wrote:
AGar wrote:If the town agrees to lynch me, I'm not going to fight it. I realize that I am a liability no matter what. I tried to downplay some of that liability by the claim. However, I would like to ask that my lynch be pushed back as far as possible and the town takes plenty of time to look at other players, so that you have something to go off of on D3. We made out well with lynching Exe D1, but the speed of the lynch did us no favors for the following days. We need information. A quicklynch on me as well is only going to hurt the town and aid the mafia in going by unnoticed. Policy lynching me is also going to result in no reliable vote data from today. At least take every other step possible to set up for successful days following.
Actually, the more I think about it, we shouldn't lynch you. If we ever get close to deadline with no good lynch target and we're not in LyLo, we'll lynch you then. I am worried that come lylo, we won't know if you're town or lying scum, and we have no way to confirm it without risking one of us.

Mitsuru's post is +townie points.

@gandalf: Army Vet is another name for PGO. Paranoid = PTSD and Gun Owner = Vet.
...but he still leaves the opportunity open to lynch AGar later.

Combined with today's vote-hopping, I'm pretty certain Zajnet is scum.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:30 pm

What the hell? @MK and Agar: what in Zajnet's post made you change your minds? Agar, what are your reasons for thinking Gandalf is scum? You guys have hardly even mentioned him all game.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:38 am

@gandalf: who did you protect each night and why?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Well, I suppose it's about time the rest of us claimed anyway. I'm a VT, which is why I was so suspicious of Vez right from the start, I thought the chances of two town townies being picked randomly was pretty unlikely given how many roles there are, but I guess I was wrong. And thus my horribly annoying run of getting VT continues. Anyway, I'm interested to hear who this scum is you've supposedly caught.

@Zaj: who did you track last night?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Ugh I've been hectically busy again and will make a proper post later, but for the moment we're in mylo so let's just take our time today and not do anything rash.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:24 pm

Alright, well now I'm pretty much convinced Zaj is scum. I just can't imagine a town player putting a vote on someone with such a poor reason like that in mylo. MK/HC's explanation for the lack of NK makes sense, so I'm thinking the remaining scum may be Zaj and quadz.

Zaj and quadz have maintained a level of suspicion on each other throughout the game, but they've always managed to avoid voting each other when it counts.

Zajnet suspicious of quadz but not willing to vote him yet:
Zajnet wrote:#142 definitely pings my scumdar, more so than quadz has yet. I support the wagon, but I won't vote for him until I hear the claim.
Zaj does put quadz at L-1 in post 204, but only a few posts down:
Zajnet wrote:UNVOTE: quadz

I wasn't worried about scum (or anyone else for that matter) quickhammering
, and I wanted to garner reactions, specifically from vezok. I don't believe quadz is scum, but if y'all want to lynch him because of his claim, be my guest. I have reason to believe that vezok really is vanilla, but the way he's been acting is really scummy, so he could be a goon. I'll support his lynch, simply because he's either VT or scum, and in that case, he's the least damaging mislynch we could make, if its a mislynch.

VOTE: vezok
Bolded is mine. Pretty sure you can have no worries about scum hammering when you're voting for your scumbuddy.

Just before that Quadz voted for vez too:
quadz08 wrote:
Zajnet wrote: Think of it optimistically: You didn't get killed by the supersaintness because you weren't quite ready to vote yet. I for one don't really find you scummy for that HoS.
That was before my claim. This next one is after people have started wagoning me.
Zajnet wrote:#142 definitely pings my scumdar, more so than quadz has yet. I support the wagon, but I won't vote for him until I hear the claim.
He then hears the claim, and seems to defend me. (See his ISO #13 and #14)
Zajnet wrote:VOTE: quadz L-1.
And then, after 5 posts about millar and vezok (not mentioning me at all), he votes for me, putting me at L-1. I really don't understand his logic there, even if he is scum. It just seems like bad play.

vezok, on the other hand... holy sheeping, batman! That pretty much settles it for me. UNVOTE: VOTE: vezok
He casts his suspicion on Zaj, but votes for Vez instead...and this was right after Zaj had received two votes on him.

Here's more examples, i don't have enough time to go into any detail on them at the moment but I think they pretty much speak for themselves:
quadz08 wrote:Zaj, you're following popular opinion again. AGar
just
got finished talking about how the setup speculation was scummy, and I don't think anyone outside of me was looking at gandalf before that (and I was on him for lurking). In fact, in your next-to-last post, you say you can't get a read on gandalf. I don't buy it.

The TNM stuff is... unexpected, and different, which is good, but I'm a little unsure as to how you got that read on him. I currently have a null-townish read on him, and it's only townish because of his case of you, which seems pretty solid. I think you calling him out is at least somewhat OMGUS-based.

As per your request, I would like to inform you that I plan on hammering. Respond.

EDIT: Due to Mitsuru's Unvote, it appears that my vote will put you back at L-1. In that case:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Zajnet

EDIT EDIT: Gosh dang. That was fast. Gandalf?
Zajnet wrote:Agreed, but don't worry about him today. Let's take care of Gandalf, and we'll deal with quadz tomorrow.
quadz08 wrote:I still think Zajnet is more likely to be scum, but I'm ok with a Gandalf lynch today, I think. Just as a word of caution, we're at 5-2 (we think) so a mislynch puts us at 3-2 tomorrow, which is lylo.
There's more (such as Zaj calling quadz town yesterday, but then saying we should just lynch him today (and then voting me)), but I've got to go to work now, so I'll finish it later. Despite the fact I'm pretty sure that at least Zaj is scum, no lynching may be the safest option at this point just in case, I need to think about it a bit more anyway.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Well Zaj didn't post at all during the Exe wagon, which is why I think he probably went awol in order to avoid dropping the hammer.

The only thing that worries me about no lynching is erring on the side of caution, I'd hate to have the scum pegged and then still lose the game because of something unexpected happening at night. Having said that, the fact that neither Zaj nor quadz have suggested no lynching makes me like the idea more.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:08 pm

Well, that's probably the extent of discussion we're going to get on the subject.

Vote: No lynch
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:28 pm

I don't care who Zaj tracked last night seeing as he's the other scum with quadz.

Vote: quadz08
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:27 am

Well that was a massive anti-climax, I was expecting to have a big 1 v 1 battle with Zaj today because I decided to allow him to track me so I could say he was trying to frame me but hey, I'm not complaining.

Good game guys, and thanks MafiaSSK for modding, I think you did a good job and you handled the gandalf/MK situation well also.
Espeonage wrote:Also I would say I am such a good player that I meant to hammer the super saint but sadly that isn't so. I just thought he was scum and figured I was a townie with no fear of smashing the hammer and so I did. I figured if I did it straight away I would be up for lynch tomorrow.

=D
I laughed so hard when you did that and said it was for selfish reasons thinking boy is he going to get a rude shock, turns out it was a good shock.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”