New York 116 - Prozacs Large Normal - Who won?

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Benmage »

Kinda forgot I was in on this game :|
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Benmage »

Geeeze Agar, you gonna be able to handle this game with all the others you in?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:24 am

Post by Benmage »

Vote toon fighter
I don't really know what that is.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Benmage »

diginova wrote:VOTE: millar13 for both being the only non-bolded player in the player list,
and also on policy
Do explain.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Benmage »

Fugitive wrote:I find it long-winded, short on content, and
overly
annoying.
Agreed
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Benmage »

Porochaz wrote:Hi, please be civil during the game. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Where was the incivility? The comment was referring to Trolls, post not him.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Benmage »

AGar wrote: For the record, all of my votes were intended to gauge reactions. Not from the players they were on, but instead from other players who might have followed my lead or called me on the carpet. All of them were bad votes with crap-logic. All of it was intentionally done in order to see how players would react.
I like this, because the troll buddying seemed oddly forced.

AGar wrote: UNVOTE:
VOTE: Diginova

Because pushing some policy lynches is scummy. They deter the town from scumhunting, they give no vote patterns and they overall don't do very much to set up for the future of the game. I don't believe your backtracking to say it was an RVS joke, mainly because you still emphasized why you would like to policy lynch the player. When the slot changed hands, you got back on your fencepost.

I'm serious this time when I say I'm happy with this vote and a bandwagon on Digi.
See i'm a fan of policy lynches. Had I known more or a majority of the players in this game and also saw someone worthy of a policy lynch. Known flaker/lurker/illogical bad player I'd have fully went after them to policy, probably not even bothering with an rvs vote.

This accomplishes several things. One I would've vehemently pushed this policy lynch. Second it would've either gathered support, or people would've countered me and we'd of ended the rvs and gotten into discussion at a much faster rate...So yeah rvs = lame. Policy lynches = good.
diginova wrote: I agree that pushing policy lynches is a scumtell, but I was not even attempting to push it at all. Thus why once he (actually, his replacement) posted, I removed the vote.
This is false.
diginova wrote:I brought up the policy because I have been reading through his previous games, and I didn't want any of what he did in that game to extend into this one, as I play Mafia for enjoyment, and his playstyle from the games I read saps any interest and intrigue from the game.
Have you also played a game with miller?
Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote diginova
, he doth protest too much.
:twisted:
Toogeloo wrote:
AGar wrote:Toogeloo - do you feel that mothrax's vote was indicative of scummy behavior, anti-town or RVS shenanigans?
It came off masked as RVS I think, but his vote on Toon Fighter seemed like a way to get another train going,
and it's a very good point that he would use the excuse to vote Toon Fighter that it's still Random when he states he doesn't like the RVS at all
Agree.
Likin post 91.
vote mothrax
CCARaven4 wrote:
Zorblag wrote: @CCARaven4, why not vote someone else when you unvoted?

We're in that awkward stage between RVS and the real game where people will make way too much out of something that may or may not be anything, so I feel as though a vote at this point is useless and will not further our efforts to scumhunt. Of course, if everyone followed this logic, we would get nowhere and the game would stall. Therefore, I will join the largest bandwagon on the hopes of learning some new information, either by his lynch or by his defense.
Vote: diginova
I like the first half of this paragraph. Not so much the second half.
Toogeloo wrote:
mothrax wrote:Just want to say I have more to post once I get home from work this evening.
Why would you even waste space with this post? You have 72 hours from the last post before prods are even necessary, so why give us an update on when you plan to post later that day when it hasn't even been that long since your last post? Are you just trying to appear active?
I hate post like these ^^ Complaining about space while adding space. Now look at what I've done, added further space...yay we all get too look active :roll: . Will you reply to this? How much of this back n forth wasted fluff/spam can occur?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:38 am

Post by Benmage »

/answering prod I'll look into the little new information since my last post, but I didn't think anything more substantial occurred.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Benmage »

Nice to see some content. I'm about a page or so behind so allow me catch-up and hopefully drop a post later today.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Benmage »

AGar wrote:
diginova wrote:
Toogeloo wrote:Digi has disappeared since the wagon got rolling on him.
How have I disappeared since the wagon got rolling? I've given my suspicions, yet I don't see anyone worthy of a vote. I've already stated my suspicions and explained the facts behind the reason the bandwagon on me started in 75 and 79.

If I get to L-1 I'll claim, and if I see a post that I really don't like, I'll call it out, but not much is happening for me to comment on right now.
So you're going to lurk the whole time? Cool story bro.
That seems to be jumping to conclusions...
AGar wrote:
Fugitive wrote:Call it whatever you want but it doesn't fit as a RANDOM VOTE (RVS). Random reason, yes; random vote, no. It's a wagon vote, which helps town put pressure on individuals and promotes discussion. It was guised under the pretenses of being a random/bad reasoning to gain reaction. I didn't like mothrax's response to my vote so I kept it.
It's a vote that had no reason, and it didn't add anything to the game. The only discussion that was promoted was focused on yourself and why a pro-town player would do that. You're lucky Digi is looking scummier right now.

Wraith is V/LA, btw. That's the only one I know from the player list.
I don’t think self-discussion is always a bad thing. Discussion itself is good especially in this slow moving game.
Charlie wrote:Page 3 is a null read because there is nothing pro or anti town about it. There is also nothing mafia-ish about it. So there.

Noooooooooooooooo diginova!
Why didn’t you say pages 1-3 were null? Also Agar’s digi vote/case is bottom O pg3.

@Wraith 148 Yeah Lynch all Liars is usually the course to go. But I hate absolutes in mafia, so you never know.

mothrax wrote:With all the unvoting and voting going on I have no idea where I sit... I think L-3, and so in that case it is time to get serious...
@Benmage: was there any reason for your vote on me in post 102? Other than the whole:
Benmage wrote:Agree.
Likin post 91. vote mothrax
I think it is interesting that you post a wall o' text talking about several completely different subjects, and then in the middle of it (where it is easily lost unless you are looking for a vote) you vote me with a "what he said" logic, not even providing your own logic. You haven't even said anything else to justify your vote.
My post was a chronological post of catching up, much like this one. What’s wrong with voting for someone else's reasoning? Should I paraphrase it to appease you? Does that make it a stronger vote, or make me look more town? At least I reference the reasoning and didn't just say nothing.
mothrax wrote: I did however see digi as scum for the reasons I have already listed.
I will keep that vote where it is.
Interesting… I think I like that.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Benmage »

mothrax wrote:@Benmage: like that in what way?
Well I've never been one to accept claims and just say "Well ok than" and walk away. If someones scummy a PR shouldn't save them. A JK could easily be a scum role. That said, do I think we need to be stringing up said PR today? Probably not(especially seeing as I'm not/wasnt voting digi...but if I was I'd probably still let the PR claim suffice for the very least N1).

But I like that the claim alone did not dissuade your vote. Shows balls.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Benmage »

AGar wrote:Benmage - what do you think of Charlie's general attitude and lack of contribution thus far?
Let me finish read real quick, left off at that last moth quote (one before answering him).
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Benmage »

Toogeloo wrote:I was debating the responses and biding my time. I personally think that Jailkeeper is a safe claim for a Scum Roleblocker. Jailkeepers aren't very common in my experience, and if he is Mafia aligned with roleblocking powers, he has made himself an out.
Interesting point.
AGar wrote: And I'm not pushing an early lynch.
I'm pushing for the town to be aggressive
, and if a lynch comes a bit earlier, so be it.
Boom, more town needs to play like this.
Anon wrote: These levels of active lurking and lack of strong stances/zero scumhutning are unacceptable. Specially when you compare it with his townplay: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 03&start=0

Unvote Vote: Charlie.
This is a notable point. (Like the link)
Charlie wrote:Oh my goodness. I do not like so much attention directed at me. It is probably a bad idea... Okay, I'll bone up on suspects and cases, I promise. Sometime this week, okay? You have my word, thread!
So your going to do what?? Say some stuff to get people off your back and then...?? Go back to active lurking.

Nothing really changed in content between post 182, and 190, save attention in a negative direction your way. I don't like that thats what will get you to be a participant here.

@Agar, not a fan of charles. Let's see what he does bring up in his next post. He could be todays hangee.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by Benmage »

Sooo on the whole policy lynching thing. I think we should policy lynch Lowell. I purposely avoided him for centuries. I denied him access to the 1 game I've modded here. He in my opinion ruined a game with a mislynch of himself in lylo (mini 758 I think, I can look up). He's opened this game playing as poorly and I doubt there will be a change. He will bring zero content to the game, play poorly/illogically and lurk throughout.

unvote vote Lowell
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Benmage »

Stef wrote: @Benmage: We will discuss policy lynching if we don't find someone scummier to hang.
I am against policy lynches and I don't like people who suggest them
. It distracts the town, it cools down wagons and it's overall horribly bad for the town to enforce/discuss them. Same goes for Toogeloo.

Hmm...

Atm really not liking charlie, raven, agar. Oh, and tubby needs to post more:

Unvote, Vote Tubby
Lol, the tubby vote is policy lynch reasoning One O One.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Benmage »

So it would be better if I voted on moth's pretenses? If I just voted on Lowell's current behavior? Would that of made me look town? I explained why Lowell needs to hang before he ruins this game like he did in my last experience.

Clearly Anon, you don't know what a policy lynch is. Its lynching a scumbag who may, or maynot flip scum. Regardless, said person is a massive massive hindrance to the town. Getting rid of them is the best, most ideal move for the town. Lowell will not be nk'd because he wont scum hunt. He'll vote incorrectly and screw the game for the town. My vote could not be better placed.

You're going to be sitting in lylo twiddling your thumbs going "fuck" now we have the single most anti-player ever alive...but its a null tell because hes always anti town, do we lynch or not....why lose than when D1 is the most opportunistic time to do this.

Lowell is as bad as zwet. I'm sure in your limited experience you haven't come across such people. But they need to hang asap.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Benmage »

AGar wrote:Does Benmage have a history of playing with Lowell? Because otherwise, he probably won't know that Lowell is basically just an easy target for scum to policy lynch later on.
Did you not read my policy lynch post/statements regarding Lowell? Allow me to quote:
Benmage wrote:Sooo on the whole policy lynching thing. I think we should policy lynch Lowell. I purposely avoided him for centuries. I denied him access to the 1 game I've modded here. He in my opinion ruined a game with a mislynch of himself in lylo (mini 758 I think, I can look up). He's opened this game playing as poorly and I doubt there will be a change. He will bring zero content to the game, play poorly/illogically and lurk throughout.

unvote vote Lowell
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Benmage »

@Agar
You just said scum do it mid-game with ease.

What is your master plan when he is the single most scummiest player throughout this game? When do you lynch him, because he won't be NK'd??

D1 is the best time. He's just as likely to have rando received a scum role as anyone else. But he will play scummy throughout.

Imagine him in lylo. This is what I had to deal with, and we mislynched him. I am trying to save the town by avoiding this scenario.

@Anon
of ocurse I have scum reads. I was voting moth and am fine with that. But Lowell is the best place.

Again, I will ask you. When would the best time be to lynch Lowell if he continues to play in his "null -tell" manner (which is scummy play, but null because its scummy play regardless of his alignment).

Tell me the best time to lynch him?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (isolation #18) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Benmage »

AGar wrote:
Benmage wrote:D1 is the most opportunistic time to do this.
No. A million times no.

D1 is the worst day for policy lynches. It gives town next to no reads. At all.
Wrong. This isn't page 3, its page 10. And it will continue to grow because there is already dissension in whether or not this is the best course of action. (Which usually (always if I recall correctly) occurs with policy lynch discussion)

Even if this went through rapidly there would be ample information tomorrow to draw from.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Benmage »

AGar wrote: You're basically suggesting we do this and end up back in D1 tomorrow. It's like a no-lynch, only a player dies.
Sure, although the town is in a better situation because we don't have to deal with his dilemma. Again in lylo and he lives what do you do?

Also there were two wagons which grew, a claim. And plenty of play/further play if this goes through. Combined with whatever night brings.

I wouldn't say we're walking into D2 with nothing.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (isolation #20) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Benmage »

Zorblag wrote:@Benmage, tubby216 is active lurking. If you think that voting him for that is the start of a policy lynch at least it's something scummy he's doing this game rather than just based on his expected play from here on out like you're proposing for Lowell. I claim there is a difference.
But its more than expected play with Lowell, for he's playing right now, in the present, the way I expected him to. Look I didn't open today supporting a policy lynch of Lowell, because it has been ages since we played. (Mini 758) And I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I also don't know very many people on this list/have experience which I kinda feel is necessary when doing policy lynches (to avoid missing an even worse perpetrator). However Lowell is playing to his scummy self. So the policy lynch is because he's acting scummy. The fact that people excuse this behavior as "null" is terrible. If he's always scummy than always lynch his ass D1, and avoid games with him. Eventually when enough people don't wanna play with him mods will ban him, as I did in my game. /end rant
Mr.Sandman wrote:I'm opposed to a lynch on Lowell and I don't like benmage's suggestion that today is the best day to lynch someone like Lowell. I don't think it's a particularly scummy thing to think, I
just think it's wrong.
At least I can appreciate and respect this position.
Anon wrote:can we please lynch benmagescum?
You failed to answer when would the ideal lynching of Lowell be. Noted.

I’m over the policy on Lowell, it has nearly zero support and would be foolish for me to continue beating this dead horse. Don’t say I didn’t warn us.

I’m gonna go iso and reread some things to see if I want to put my vote back on moth or to see if it’ll be better placed elsewhere.

Nice post tubby. I too am hesitant of Troll. I don't like Adel whose irresponsibly arrogant (And plain bad if you ask me). Not sure if Trolls the same. Lets just say I'm not sure with him, but keeping an eye out.

unvote

*****I want people willing to lynch Charlie to state a case against him. (Bullets are fine)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (isolation #21) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Benmage »

EBWOP:Or restate a case on charlie please if you already have. Thanks :D .
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:16 am

Post by Benmage »

Yeah the invitationals were well...interesting, and a bit distracting. I'll get some love this way soon.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (isolation #23) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:32 am

Post by Benmage »

First attemptt at phone msging huzzah, this is my 4th game not counting the invitational fiasco
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (isolation #24) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Benmage »

So a little catchup:
CCARaven4 wrote:I really didn't like any of Charlie's posts thus far. He has had almost nothing to say on the case against him, which has been based mainly on the fact that he has nothing to say! If he had more content or came up with a good read that we hadn't seen before, then we might have a reason to take votes off him, but as of now, there's nothing that's showing me that's he's not anti-town.
So your vote is more of a pressure vote...waiting for him to do something worth wild? Based on his lack of content and laissez faire attitude regarding people voting him? Am I correct in that assumption?
Stef wrote:@Benmage: No, the tubby vote was a vote for him actively lurking. Far from a policy lynch, I'm sure you'll agree.
No. I won't agree. One potential main component behind a policy lynch is a player who is actively lurking.

****Define for me what you think a policy lynch is based off. (**Hint Hint** it isn't just because you don't like someone or think they're ugly, it has reasons)

In conjunction with this, tell me why you think I was voting Lowell and why you believe I used the word “policy lynch”.
Stef wrote:
Benmage wrote:Sure, although the town is in a better situation because we don't have to deal with his dilemma. Again in lylo and he lives what do you do?
Fail. The town is not in a better situation. If he is a townie the town is down two townies with no reads but yeah, sure, if it ends up in lylo he won't be there to screw things up. Are you kidding me? Policy lynches are horrible ideas and horribly anti-town. .
Tell me the proper time to lynch someone who is scummy, but excused because "thats just how they play".
Toogeloo wrote:Speaking of which, BM... again... get an Avatar please >_>
I’ve been around a long time. Heard this before. If nothings happened yet, nothings going to change. I had a middle finger avatar that lasted less than a day before being requested to change. To reiterate I’m not getting an avatar.
Stef wrote:Also, your defense of BM is noted.
Explain what you mean here? Allow me to inquire a little, but please do go deeper. Is defending someone else/answer questions or statements involving/revolving around other people scummy?
Charlie wrote: 1) Do I really have to defend myself at every point thrown at me?
Uhhhhh absolutely.

(Post 266 makes me note that I need to iso Anon)

By the time Wraith finishes these iso’s the first reads will be outdated. I really find when people try and iso everyone this early its often meaningless and little inquiry is found or followed up on. Its like “oh hey look at all the work I’m doing look how town I am”…that said I often see it from novice townies.
Tazaro wrote: Benmage: You're next at ISOing. I can see why Anon voted for you, and your gameplay makes me wonder about you. Get an avatar; I mean, should I assume you don't have time to get one? I'll read your posts later.
Not happening.
Tazaro wrote:It's spelled Tazaro. I did a more casual look over Benmage's posts and others' posts because I wanted to catch up; I have to focus more precisely on posts, but I saw Anon's general gist about his suspicion.
Explain in your own words this "general gist" about suspicion.
AGar wrote:He initially tried to push a very scummy policy lynch on Lowell for reasons that do not benefit the town in the least bit.
This is an inaccurate statement.

Let me ask you something. Do you value meta at all? Do you ever use it in supplementing cases or gut reads or even defense of players?
AGar wrote: Since his policy lynching attempt has all but failed, Benmage has disappeared. I know he's blaming the /in-vitational game for taking up his time, but the game really wasn't that much of a time constraint, and it got shut down. Two days ago. The fallout shouldn't be absorbing all of his time, and he doesn't appear to be in any other games. In other words, he should be posting. And he's not.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Benmage
Disappeared is such an exaggeration. People get consumed elsewhere. In life, in other games. A few days is nothing. There are also way worse non-contributors than myself. This looks like a pathetic attempt at tossing a vote my way. Again, you love the misstatements for I am in several other games. Did you even bother to look, because it should've been soooo easy to see this. But you just like to make baseless statements to make your points sound better. It’s quite the fallacy.
Toogeloo wrote: It doesn't surprise me at all that Stef would attach himself to that wagon though, I just detest that all he had to add was his approval.
QFT unexplained votes read like scum wagoning.
Tazaro wrote:
Benmage wrote:First attemptt at phone msging huzzah, this is my 4th game not counting the invitational fiasco
Why would you do this by phone messaging?
Because I have the new sprint HTC EVO and it rocks...plus I laughed at the obvious lie by Agar.

I've read a little on my phone, but that was my first post.
CCARaven4 wrote:Policy lynches on D1 don't work because we're not left with much for the next day. Also, we should probably lynch a more active person because that will give us more information to work off of for 'tomorrow'. Lynching a semi-lurker won't help us much unless we're sure they're lurker-scum.
Thats like saying all 13 pages of today thus far are meaningless....Bullllshitttt

The lynch flip will mean something. The way the wagon forms/agreed upon/not agreed upon/who votes it/who doesn't....the NK's.

There would be ample information.

Post 311, what can I say…QFT
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (isolation #25) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:57 am

Post by Benmage »

@Agar what do you think of Wraith's vote on Lowell?

@Agar what do you think of Anon?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (isolation #26) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Benmage »

@Agar what do you think of the other players saying Policy lynches D1 are the best time for one. And or would be for a policy lynch.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (isolation #27) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Benmage »

Tazaro wrote:^Without using the word "bogus," Lowell's null-tell lack of contribution is no cause for vote.
Zzzzzz I feel like a broken record here :P . When would be the ideal time to lynch Lowell, or someone who plays scummy throughout a game, but is excused for it because thats just how they play regardless of alignment. Tell me when?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (isolation #28) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Benmage »

Tazaro wrote:
CCARaven4 wrote:Policy lynches on D1 don't work because we're not left with much for the next day. Also, we should probably lynch a more active person because that will give us more information to work off of for 'tomorrow'. Lynching a semi-lurker won't help us much unless we're sure they're lurker-scum.
I think you raise a valid point against policy lynches.
What do you think about the points in post 311 than?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (isolation #29) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Benmage »

Tazaro wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Tazaro wrote:^Without using the word "bogus," Lowell's null-tell lack of contribution is no cause for vote.
Zzzzzz I feel like a broken record here :P . When would be the ideal time to lynch Lowell, or someone who plays scummy throughout a game, but is excused for it because thats just how they play regardless of alignment. Tell me when?
I think both sides of the policy lynch discussion have valid points. But I don't see very many people eager to lynch Lowell right now. I'm thinking we're smart enough to figure out when to do so if he doesn't shape up.
*headdesk* *headdesK* *headdesk* Assume for a minute, he doesn't shape up. When would your ideal time be or of been to lynch him.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (isolation #30) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Benmage »

Tazaro wrote: Anon's point is that you voted for Lowell for a bogus reason. It's bogus to vote someone for something they do when they are town. Scum are more likely to vote for bogus reasons.
Tazaro wrote:Maybe in the event that there's a day in which there's a risk of a no lynch. Other than that,
I wouldn't mind doing it on day one if everyone else agreed.
SO on the one hand I acted bogus for attacking Lowell for his "null tell" and on the other hand your down to do it D1 if everyone else agrees. :roll: Fence sitting much?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (isolation #31) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Benmage »

Tazaro wrote: I'm not liking some ofthe people's reactions to pressure in this game.
I don't like open ended statements. What was wrong with my cross examination, or my questioning of what you found suspicious?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (isolation #32) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Benmage »

Tazaro wrote:1) Hey, the only way everybody is going to agree to policy lynch Lowell is if there's no possibility that's there's something better to do with our votes. It's a moot point really and we have to act as a collective, but I'm not going to suggest that it's good play to vote for Lowell if no one else cares about policy lynching him.
Okay, lets take a few steps back. Are you willing to do it D1 only if there are no alternatives,a nd everyone agrees to it? If this is the case than I return to my question. When do YOU think it would be most ideal to lynch a player like Lowell.
Tazaro wrote: 2) I said that Charlie's reaction to pressure made me not know if I can trust him. I have a problem with cross examination if you're doing it just because I said I was suspicious of you in my opinion post of people. You only asked me about suspicions that were about YOU; you asked me about Anon's gist. I don't mean to have a debate here or anything but if you're town play less selfishly because your not doing yourself any favors.
I have a real problem with people making blank open ended statements. If your going to put pressure, put pressure. I wanted to know if you even knew the reason Anon was voting me, or if you were just piggybacking suspicion.
Tazaro wrote:I don't mean to have a debate here or anything but if you're town play less selfishly because your not doing yourself any favors.
Not sure what your getting at here. But I am experienced and don't need to be told how to play this game. I don't need a mislead poorly executed easy scum piggybacked wagon. I'm questioning the others voting me, you just happen to be present while they're away.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (isolation #33) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Benmage »

Tazaro wrote: A) Okay, fine. Day one would be the time for it in an ideal context. Ideally (which we're not dealing with) I think Day One is obviously the time . It just that I think that's moot because it's a real
hypothetical
B) I've read enough before that second post of mine to know people's (like Anon's) explicit thoughts about other people. And I'll use pressure how and if I want.
C) Well, If your point is that this place is a slow moving place where people just check in
whenever
, I've come to have that thought too.
C - Game days can last three weeks or such because the game can be slow paced.
A/B - So in this back n forth between you and I, you in B state that you've read enough to have a good understanding of Anon's thoughts(vote on me). Which you piggy back on by saying you are suspicious of me for the same reasons. Now in A you yield that D1 would be the most ideal time to lynch Lowell. Sounds like you agree with me. Therefore at least from my perspective I see inconsistencies in what you are saying.

I'm willing to vote you for this inconsistency itself, (I think the inconsistency yields that you are guilty of piggybacking illogical suspicion that you yourself disbelieve)but I still want to look at some other players first(Anon for example).

Which ding ding ding might take a couple days, or whenever I get around to it, cause oh hey its the weekend.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (isolation #34) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:12 am

Post by Benmage »

Tazaro wrote:I mean, do you think Charlie would merit a policy lynch for being stiffnecked and needing pressure to analyze?
Policy may be the wrong word here. I disliked that Charlie only responded to pressure. Which I've already stated.

This is a reason why I need to take a better look at this game to see whose guilties, because right now I see several scummy people. I also have lingering questions I want answered with others.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (isolation #35) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Benmage »

Tazaro wrote:The "inconsistency" is not there. I want to post in other threads for now, so I'll be busy.
Take your time, but your leaving quite the accusation on yourself... unanswered.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (isolation #36) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Benmage »

AGar wrote:IT'S FUCKING NULL.
Woah let's ease off that throttle buddy. Breathe.

AGar wrote:
Benmage wrote:
AGar wrote: Since his policy lynching attempt has all but failed, Benmage has disappeared. I know he's blaming the /in-vitational game for taking up his time, but the game really wasn't that much of a time constraint, and it got shut down. Two days ago. The fallout shouldn't be absorbing all of his time, and he doesn't appear to be in any other games. In other words, he should be posting. And he's not.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Benmage
Disappeared is such an exaggeration. People get consumed elsewhere. In life, in other games. A few days is nothing. There are also way worse non-contributors than myself. This looks like a pathetic attempt at tossing a vote my way. Again, you love the misstatements for I am in several other games. Did you even bother to look, because it should've been soooo easy to see this. But you just like to make baseless statements to make your points sound better. It’s quite the fallacy.
Actually I did. You aren't in any of the queues that list players, and I didn't feel like going through every open and large theme. So apparently you're playing in 3 of them, but regardless, you're only excuse for taking time away was "invitational was interesting and distracting."
So I should let you know every time I'm wiping my ass?? Are you serious right now with this crap. The invitational ate my time keeping me away from here. You can't argue that. Should I list everything that distracts me? Clearly you aren’t worried about the last line about the invitational alone being interesting and distracting or you wouldn’t have looked to see if I was in any other ques/games. So your point now that my other games and RL is null…is bullshit.

You forgot to answer these:
Benmage wrote:@Agar what do you think of Wraith's vote on Lowell?

@Agar what do you think of Anon?
Benmage wrote:@Agar what do you think of the other players saying Policy lynches D1 are the best time for one. And or would be for a policy lynch.
Could you also say when you think would be the best/most ideal time to lynch a player like Lowell.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (isolation #37) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Benmage »

I meant to say in the top part with the valuing of meta. That you just witnessed a game, yes get mith-ended, that had me as a townie pushing an early policy lynch. Just cause you couldn't grasp my points or see eye to eye with me there, or here, doesn't make me scum nor early policy lynching scummy.

I was town there, does that weigh into your beliefs about this game at all?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (isolation #38) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Benmage »

AGar wrote:
Benmage wrote: So I should let you know every time I'm wiping my ass?? Are you serious right now with this crap. The invitational ate my time keeping me away from here. You can't argue that. Should I list everything that distracts me? Clearly you aren’t worried about the last line about the invitational alone being interesting and distracting or you wouldn’t have looked to see if I was in any other ques/games. So your point now that my other games and RL is null…is bullshit.
You've wholly overreacted to the fact that I said you went under after your attempt at a policy lynch went under. My point may have been proven null, but it gathered fruits of its own. Why are you so concerned about one statement. You could've simply brushed it off, said "Nah, I'm pre-occupied. Chill." Instead,you've flipped your lidd.
I flipped my lid? This sounds like more of those exaggerated false statements you seem so fond of.

The fact that you dropped an atrocious vote. Yeah I might've been more eager to look into that.
AGar wrote:
Benmage wrote:@Agar what do you think of Wraith's vote on Lowell?
I've commented on this. Read the thread.
If I make questions that have answers to them that maybe I didn't see it or didn't understand the first time around can you (AND BY YOU I MEAN EVERYONE IN THIS GAME) Restate them for there is no reason to be obstinate. Or you can help me by saying which iso number or which quote. There is no reason as town to be difficult. You’re going to know your own words and what you said where/when you said so it'll be much easier for you to say/show such things than for me to try and find it in iso's re-reads. Point is being unnecessarily difficult is scummy. So will you be helpful?
AGar wrote:
Benmage wrote:@Agar what do you think of Anon?
Anon is interesting, pretty weird player. Needs more content to get a read.
So he, who has been away and a far worse contributor than I, is only "weird". Good to see how your going to function as a player here. Which for those who may not be able to understand what I’m saying. Is you will be a hypocrite and use instants only when they suite ulterior motives. You complain about my shortening in activity to vote me. Yet when there are far worse guilty parties…you don’t seem to care.
AGar wrote:
Benmage wrote:@Agar what do you think of the other players saying Policy lynches D1 are the best time for one. And or would be for a policy lynch.
I think I made it pretty clear.
I don't think you made it clear, otherwise I wouldn't ask. I don't think you've questioned anyone else's statements other than my own on the issue. Can you comment about reads you have town/scummy/netrual etc for these people.
AGar wrote: When an informative role has targeted him with an alignment, or not at all when he bites a vig-kill. Better solutions for lowell than just policy lynching. Only thing is, scum would need to policy him, as a false cop claim with a guilty would out them and a NK would be wasted by scum.
Why would scum need to policy him? Scum never want to see a player like Lowell die. Shittt what if he is scum? You never even seem to want to think about that possibility which worries me greatly.

What do you do, Agar, when you and Lowell are in lylo and you have nothing but his normal "null" always scummy meta to go off of?
AGar wrote:Feck, this didn't post with the rest.
Benmage wrote:I meant to say in the top part with the valuing of meta. That you just witnessed a game, yes get mith-ended, that had me as a townie pushing an early policy lynch. Just cause you couldn't grasp my points or see eye to eye with me there, or here, doesn't make me scum nor early policy lynching scummy.

I was town there, does that weigh into your beliefs about this game at all?
No. And you're an idiot if you think meta-ing can be done off of one alignment only. Actually, it's pretty suspicious that you'd be suggesting that. You've been around for a while, you should really know how meta works.
Again, my point here was to test your capacity to see if this knew knowledge even touched or imprinted upon your beliefs. Which I can see your stubbornness with be quite the fault. I have a wonderful understanding of how meta works. And moreover a much better understanding how scum work. Like in the game you just witnessed, no scum would’ve sought after the unnecessary attention I was. As in this game no scum is going to push a D1 policy lynch. Most as people have agreed upon that scum look for the easy lynch later on in the game. I can show you more examples of games where I’ve policy’d or tried to policy as town. I don’t think I actually have a meta of doing them/attempting to do them as scum, but you’re welcomed to look.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (isolation #39) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Benmage »

Thats a good raven dig, whose also flying under the radar, as troll generalized.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (isolation #40) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Benmage »

@CCARaven4
what's your read/view on Lowell?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (isolation #41) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Benmage »

Stef wrote:Also, this is one of the most scummiest posts in the game.
No. I won't agree. One potential main component behind a policy lynch is a player who is actively lurking.

****Define for me what you think a policy lynch is based off. (**Hint Hint** it isn't just because you don't like someone or think they're ugly, it has reasons)

In conjunction with this, tell me why you think I was voting Lowell and why you believe I used the word “policy lynch”.
One potential main component behind a lynch based on a scummy read is a player who is actively lurking. It is a scumtell unless that person has a compelling meta of doing so all the time. I will not answer any more policy lynch questions or debates.
(I think your link is off.) That is an unacceptable answer.

You still need to do answer these questions. You are going to define what you believe a policy lynch is. You are going to tell my why you think I was voting Lowell. And another questioned you skimmed by was when do you think it will be ideal to lynch a player who is scummy throughout, i.e. when will you vote Lowell?
Stef wrote: I voted for him mainly for the fact that 20 of his posts so far have been regarding a policy lynch that will not happen.
What magical things am I missing or failing to post about?
Stef wrote:More than half his posts have been on this. Another 3 posts in RVS, another few agreement posts and 5 posts to say that you will post later on just leave him with little more than a lot of distraction given for the town on a moot point. A town player would have dropped this subject long ago.
This is an exaggeration. You fail to mention my various commentary as well as other areas of questioning even if based on PL's they're leading elsewhere. Again what greatness am I missing? This game is stagnant enough at least I am making discussion and pursuing interests.
Stef wrote: @Benmage: why are you not voting for anyone?
I'm waiting to have some questions answered. Like the ones you need to answer. Than I'll place my vote.

Why are you so tunneling me? Have you noticed others not voting?
Stef wrote:
Explain what you mean here? Allow me to inquire a little, but please do go deeper. Is defending someone else/answer questions or statements involving/revolving around other people scummy?
Did I strike a nerve? Yes, I do believe defending someone D1 is scummy. Always have.
What are you suggesting in “did I strike a nerve”?….and lets delve deeper. Give me your fullest read possible on Toogeloo.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (isolation #42) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Benmage »

Wraith wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Benmage

Sorry, dude.
You wanna flush this out?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (isolation #43) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Benmage »

Tazaro wrote:I don't know how to defend against being called "neutral" ??
Tried defending being called town :P
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (isolation #44) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Benmage »

@Wraith other than Lowell do you have any scum reads?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (isolation #45) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Benmage »

Tazaro is a lynch I'm willing to get behind. But right now I think I'd prefer Stef or Anon, mayyyybe Raven.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (isolation #46) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Benmage »

@Raven
I think your paragraph on who I'd like to see lynch is way off. Just on the first basis alone that I left my exchange with Tazaro willing to vote and lynch him. So when you say he hasn't acted scummy, I couldn't disagree more. Than trying to connect me to charlie moth wraith is ridiculous. I think today I've shown interest to lynch or animosity towards both charlie and moth (not really wraith). That said I should've given a mayyyyybe to charlie as well. Both him and moth are people I'd actually like to go back and iso. The reason I named Stef and Anon first, is because Anon made some baselss accusations, never answered me back and fell of this game. Stef is now refusing to answer questions. Which is hands down the most scummiest thing someone can do. So without pause this decision is simple.

Vote Stef

Wraith in that whole debacle read so much like a new player. New town or new scum can be tough to figure out, but I think people might be blowin it up more than what it was and people who are now jumpin to lynch him are probably scum looking for an easy lynch. (Thats also why I'm leaning to newb-town)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (isolation #47) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Benmage »

Lowell wrote:And I'm even paying attention this game.
:roll:
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (isolation #48) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Benmage »

Haven't been able to read thread closely since last post but I really think Stef is best option for the day.

You can't have some one playing who refuses to answer questions. That is the single most scummy thing ever.

A no lynch is obviously no answer. If there isn't enough support this way I'll help ensure Wraith hangs. But look hes going to go iso his wagon....geeze the guys town. Start voting Stef, and we may save this day.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (isolation #49) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:32 am

Post by Benmage »

(Phone messaging!) Busy today will try and be able to read/post tonight.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (isolation #50) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Benmage »

Wow, Oso couldn’t be more off.
Oso wrote:
He starts his push against Lowell because he simply doesn't like the guy.
No problem with that.
There are people who just don't get along well with each other in Mafia games and it shows.
Not true

You should have a problem with that

Irrelevant to scum-hunting

Here’s my first post on the whole Lowell thing, underlined the reasoning behind the policy lynch. Personal reasoning is furthest from the truth:
Benmage wrote:Sooo on the whole policy lynching thing. I think we should policy lynch Lowell. I purposely avoided him for centuries. I denied him access to the 1 game I've modded here. He in my opinion ruined a game with a mislynch of himself in lylo (mini 758 I think, I can look up). He's opened this game playing as poorly and I doubt there will be a change.
He will bring zero content to the game, play poorly/illogically and lurk throughout.

unvote vote Lowell
Tazaro wrote:I don't care if Stef didn't answer questions,
You should. One can't be more scummy than to refuse to answer questions. Unnecessary obstinacy is scummy-tell 101.
Tazaro wrote:I doubt that there is going to be a group of individuals who all of the sudden join the two people on the Stef bandwagon.
There's time, more people should follow up.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (isolation #51) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Benmage »

Charlie wrote:
Charlie wrote:Benmage, why not Wraith?
I really would appreciate it if you would answer this.
Benmage wrote: Wraith in that whole debacle read so much like a new player. New town or new scum can be tough to figure out, but I think people might be blowin it up more than what it was and people who are now jumpin to lynch him are probably scum looking for an easy lynch. (Thats also why I'm leaning to newb-town)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (isolation #52) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by Benmage »

Stef wrote:@BM: Asking irrelevant questions which are designed to derail the discussion and which bring absolutely no value to the overall conversation is scummy and answering them is pointless.
Bullshit, you don't have the right to call my questions erroneous or designed to derail discussion. I've been one of the most vocal here. You don't know where my end plan is or where I'd want to take the questions. To assume otherwise illustrates your inexperience or scum role. There is zero reasoning to ever not answer simple questions and I will push your lynch until you fix this god awful anti-town behavior.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (isolation #53) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Benmage »

@Oso
I don't think 1 is a viable excuse. I personally dislike him because he always play as X,Y,Z (scummy). X, Y, Z, are scummy in themselves not because I dislike him. And as far as the perfect cover I think that is pretty far from the truth. Whenever I have pushed policy's (moreover this early) I have been town(can't recall even pushing a policy as scum). In addition I've never seen scum push a policy so early in a game. Because it draws attention and often negative attention their way. Something scum want to avoid (/end rant I've beat this point in with plenty of others this game).

2. As far as two goes I've also beat this point that many things will be able to be drawn from a policy lynch. Eagerness to join said policy lynch/resistance to vote/ how people vote etc etc...sure if everyone pop'd in and simply put "vote xxx" we'd have little to draw on, but that
never
happens. Not to mention NK's and any/all posts/information. To suggest we'd enter D2 clueless is a misnomer.

Moar Stef votes.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (isolation #54) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by Benmage »

@Tazaro/Oso/anyone.
Not sure how you can read post 491 and not be voting Stef.

I asked him simple questions that he refuses to answers because he thinks their irrelevant. Just cause he doesn't see my agenda doesn't excuse him from answering real basic questions. The obstinacy is so scummy.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (isolation #55) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Benmage »

@Wraith
you iso Stef yet?

I like toog's 471/Agar's 473...spam :eek:
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (isolation #56) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:41 am

Post by Benmage »

He's at L-2, no need to rush with the added deadline. Let's hear from troll, moth, and toon.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (isolation #57) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:41 am

Post by Benmage »

He's at L-2, no need to rush with the added deadline. Let's hear from troll, moth, and toon.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (isolation #58) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:02 am

Post by Benmage »

Wraith, your bleeding town at this point which is something scum want gone asap.

@Charlie
why wraith? Your iso 14 which is your forced content doesn't give that much information. State the case on him, and your reasoning. Bullets is fine.

Baddd tubby vote. Tubby follow ze benmage, vote stef.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (isolation #59) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:21 am

Post by Benmage »

Oso wrote: Answering Troll's point clarified my thinking. Right now I'll back off of Benmage because it doesn't make any sense he'd use a method to lynch a townie that could indeed come back to bite him in the ass and get him lynched if he were scum.
Exactly. Also which I don't understand why it isn't brought up more, is the fact that though I am talking about the positive reasons to lynch Lowell, I dropped that crusade ages ago because it had little to no support.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (isolation #60) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Benmage »

Zorblag wrote:
I believe that should be L-1. Before any claims happen someone should say they're willing to hammer. If no one is or if people unvote then we should not have a claim here.
I see no reason to not claim now. Do I want to hammer? No. Will I hammer to avoid a no lynch? Yes. I think many are in the same boat. Let's hear a claim. This is the popular direction of the day, and if the claim is going to warrant a switch lets maximize our time to do so.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (isolation #61) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Benmage »

^True, myb.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (isolation #62) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by Benmage »

Furcolow wrote: @
Wraith
: quit being a martyr, wraith, unvote yourself and vote benmage
Wraith believes me to be town. Others have stated they're against lynching me today. If you don't want Wraith lynched, because I dont...than find a viable target.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (isolation #63) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Benmage »

Toogeloo wrote: We would have been better off policy lynching Lowell >_>.
QFT Wraith bled town. And all the people sitting on him under the "oh time crunch" was crap. Basically a time-policy made of obvious fail. I'll be analysis-ing it later but:
Mr.Sandman wrote:V/LA till Monday probably
Ditto for me. I've got a crazy night tonight, and adventures this weekend which might eat up a lot of time. I'll see what I can do.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (isolation #64) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:17 am

Post by Benmage »

Oso wrote:So far, he seemed a good enough lynch that had he went balls to the wall and defended himself instead of giving up, he'd have still been lynched I think.
Explain why you think he was a good lynch candidate/what about him was scummy?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (isolation #65) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:25 am

Post by Benmage »

mothrax wrote:toog, I always play under the radar... I play overcautious period. not an excuse, but I'm just sayin.
Do you have any completed games here(on this site), if so which?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (isolation #66) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Benmage »

Charlie works. Think I'd be down for Agar too. Haven't really looked at much today(gameday).

vote Charlie
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #660 (isolation #67) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Benmage »

I like post 655 for more charlie pressure. I think tonight I'll have some more free time to throw some knowledge down.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #664 (isolation #68) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by Benmage »

Unfortunately not tonight, but a vote an intent to hammer is further pressure that I'm looking for.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (isolation #69) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:33 am

Post by Benmage »

Oso 629 sums up nicely the reasons to vote Charlie.

Following commentary all seem good.

I’m disliking moth even more.

The VT claim does nothing to dissuade me from wanting hislynch today. He should be the one to hang.

Voting other people or those worried that the day will end early reads like blah to me. No ones going to speed hammer. We can have him sit at L-1 for 2 weeks if we want. No point in putting fake pressure elsewhere when the one to hang should and will be Charlie. We don’t need to get sidetracked. Sure we can hound other people and have them in our back pockets for future suspects to target, but that’s as far as we should go.

I, for one, definitely am going to review moth. His new defeatist attitude is pathetic.

While I disliked the CRRaven slot, it is being replaced, so no point in pursuing that interest until the replacement has caught up.
Charlie wrote: Lowell is too lurkish to be town (I think).
Tazaro is too vebrose to be town.
Agar is too silent to be town, and suffers from tunnel vision (no doubt he would disgress).
Toogeloo can be summed up as cautious.

Why I wanted Wraith lynched: Time was a factor.
Not the best scumlist. Terrible reason for leaving the vote so long. We had ample time had people been proactive.
Tazaro wrote:
Lowell wrote:Really, you pick the one game in which I'm ridiculously obvious town to vote me?
How are you obvious town?
Regardless, it is another wasted vote.

Now to conclude a little that has more or less already been summed up by Oso/others. My distaste for Charlie stems from his “forced contribution” that occurs in his iso 14 wherein I mention this yesterday in my point (iso 12) :
Benmage wrote: Nothing really changed in content between post 182, and 190, save attention in a negative direction your way. I don't like that thats what will get you to be a participant here.
This compounded with Charlies continuous rather ‘passive tip-toeing lets not step on any eggshells scum play’

Then we get:
Charlie wrote:More votes on Wraith please. The last vote count shows votes all over the place; and I don't like is for the fact that in my first ever Large Game (Left 4 Dead Mafia, a themed game) there was something similar. And guess what?

The first 2 Days ended in No-lynch. That was madness. Madness, I tell you.
No game should ever without being on purpose end in a no lynch unless the town is god awful. Two days, geeeze. (Without having to look) The people in that game sucked.

Three iso’s later we get:
Charlie wrote: Wraith has done a full analysis and that is commendable.
Does crap like this instead of acknowledging my points and reasoning why voting/leaving his vote on wraith was bad:
Charlie wrote:Benmage wanna cracker?
Charlie hangs today. Period.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (isolation #70) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Benmage »

@MOD
That Charlie vote on Lowell freaked me out :P .

I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, but just to be extra safe L-1, no quickhammers.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (isolation #71) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Benmage »

@Jelly
do you have any ideas why Anon attacked me, and why also Furclow attacked me? Did either of their attacks have merit?

I did not interpret Furclows attacks as threatening whatsoever, and if you re-read him I'm sure you'll agree.

Sooo I'm a little slow to react to this whole NK reasoning. However the pressure towards Tazaro is not something I'm against. He and I didn't see eye to eye yesterday. We had a little discourse which ended with me believing him to illustrate scum inconsistencies and him thinking I am simply incorrect in that belief. Regardless he issss.....and sorta isn't (for other reasons) in my scum suspects.

However I am adamant about this Charlie lynch today. I still need to do a better read of Agar/moth...I also wanted to review Raven whose slot, your slot, I disliked. I've seen scum before replace shitty players and come into games blasting them with info to appear townie. Sorta like your play. Something is simply unsettling in my gut and I want/need to review. (Always always re-reading and lookin back :neutral: )

I'm blanking on something else I wanted to say....Basically I think Toog mentioned it, and I also have a town read on Sandman..maybe could rephrase your concern with him.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (isolation #72) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Benmage »

petroleumjelly wrote: He was accusing you of not considering the Lowell’s meta when you voted for Lowell: basically, everything Lowell has done is a “null tell” and hence you should be voting him over it.
I think you meant, "should
not
be voting him" correct?
petroleumjelly wrote:This argument has merit
I may have been unclear in my questioning of the value of their arguments. I’m sure, or hope that they felt their arguments had merit. I’m asking if you share a similar mindset and would agree with them and think I’m scummy for the reasons they voted/attacked me.
petroleumjelly wrote: Furcolow’s case against you is also very simple: essentially, he thought you and Tazaro were a scum-team. His biggest supporting evidence (in my opinion) was from Posts 331-333 where the two of you interacted, and Tazaro may have tried to “give you advice” (i.e. day-talk to you) in Post 333. In that post, Tazaro may have been telling you to stop your charge against Lowell, and more importantly, to “stop playing selfish,” which could easily suggest that he wants to be more of a “team player.” I think Furcolow’s point here is actually well-taken. I have been caught as scum before by telling a scum-partner to “chill and relax” in a game post when he was starting to get flustered, and I can definitely see this as Tazaro’s attempt to bring you into
his
game-plan.
Uhm.. I couldn't disagree more here, and that is why I felt no pressure from Furcolow, and if you see the way he day ended he didn't have much belief or substance in his motives.

See I was attacking Tazaro, saying he was fence-sitting, illustrating inconsistencies, taking a charge against him. Do you often see scum leading the cause against a fellow scum-partner on D1?
petroleumjelly wrote: On top of this, Furcolow (like Anon) did not like your policy lynch stance.
What does this suggest?

Question, how many large normal games have you seen with scum daytalk? Is it the norm, or not?

I’ll answer it for myself. Off the top of my head I cannot recall a scum team having daytalk in large normal games. In general I can absolutely say off personal game experience and games read that scum do not normally have day talk, site wide.

Maybe your experience is different. Do share.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (isolation #73) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Benmage »

EBWOP: Ahhhhhhh daytalk-
coaching. check :P

Other stuff still relevant.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #752 (isolation #74) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Benmage »

petroleumjelly wrote:
d.)
I do not care whether you claim you were "not threatened" by Furcolow, and I am not sure why you have said this twice now.
The last time I got yelled at for repetition (in nearly the same way you are) the guy flipped scum. I see nothing wrong with it. Mafia players memories are like goldfish.

e/f: In bussing 101 do scum usually open the case/cause, or the bussing on their partners, or do they support some other townies initial push? Does it usually occur on D1? What day did your
chill out
event occur?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (isolation #75) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by Benmage »

EDBWOP: Your chill out talking is reference to subtle daytalk, no connections to bussing. So ignore it, but I read it as meh.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (isolation #76) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Benmage »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Benmage wrote:e/f: In bussing 101 do scum usually open the case/cause, or the bussing on their partners, or do they support some other townies initial push? Does it usually occur on D1? What day did your
chill out
event occur?
Bussing comes in multiple forms and varieties -- after playing about 70 games on various forums and over 50 games in real-life, I'm pretty sure I've "seen it all." If you are seriously trying to convince me that because you attacked Tazaro on Day One you cannot be scum-partners, you are wasting your breath.
The only absolute in mafia (oh god this so cliche) is there really are no absolutes. All I'm saying is what usually occurs. I know what the norm is. I'm sure you do too. We can leave it at that.

Question, have you read Raven, your slot, in iso?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (isolation #77) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Benmage »

You keep saying how I pursued him, but didn't vote him as if that is something glaring. The only busing I've seen the busser votes. So if this is suppose to be a significant side point, I am missing it. In addition there were several people I was pursuing at the time, and was awaiting questions to be answered before I wanted to vote and focus more of my attention (campaign said lynch).

If you want to continue in this convo, by all means.

As for the maxim. I attacked Tazaro. Didn't follow others. Was his play weak? What motivation would I have to cast unnecessary suspicion towards a fellow scummer? Was anyone was looking at him intently?

I've already mentioned that there are no absolutes in mafia To suggest otherwise would be foolish. Am I ruling out the possibility of me early bussing Tazaro. Theoretically from your p.o.v. No. In actuality yes.

That said I find it difficult that you are so vehement about this connection when I am sure experience is telling you that it isn't the norm. That is what strikes me as peculiar about your play. More over if you read me or have been paying attention to my play in its entirety you would find it difficult to imagine me scum at this point.

I dislike your haphazard connections. Your play is going more in-line of my previous mention. You replaced a shitty scum, and are doing what you can to look townie and cast suspicions elsewhere.

You opened today hounding Oso, saying I and Tazaro share opposite alignments. Now your saying Oso is likely town and I and Tazaro are partners. You've tossed suspicion at who else? Agar, Toog(?) Troll, Sandman...doing anything to back those up?

What is your view on Charlie, on tubby?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (isolation #78) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Benmage »

petroleumjelly wrote:You know what? I am starting to think you are deliberately wasting my time.
*headdesk* dinner time haven't read. I said let it be :P
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (isolation #79) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Benmage »

*chew chew* none of this is relevant/worth responding (save a thing or 2 your misreping/understanding). At least at the moment. I'm going out, so done for the night.

I'll comment in my next post if you think it worth it.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (isolation #80) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Benmage »

petroleumjelly wrote:Zorblag, a jailkeeper only protects and role-blocks a target. It
does not
prevent the target from being targeted by other roles. Does this change your analysis of a Jailkeeper claim?
Hmmm I don't know about this one. I was under the impression if someone like a cop went to investigate someone being jailed the investigation wouldn't go through....although looking closer I can see it being only a rb'r/doc.

@MOD
Can we get any insight on how a Jailkeeper role, if in this game, would work? Would the jailed person be blocked from others, actions?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (isolation #81) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Benmage »

Jelly, I don't think there's inconsistencies in Trolls view on the JK. I view it as a rb/doc-like role. I also thought it stopped the jailed person from being targeted. I don't think, thinking the latter nullifies the other.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (isolation #82) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Benmage »

Tazaro wrote: Benmage; he was ostensibly wanting to drop the argument with you

Misrep.
Tazaro wrote: and as for me, I love to argue if you want one
You didn't seem thrilled yesterday as I was flushing out your inconsistent behavior. Nor do you seem to care when Stef blatantly refused to answer questions. Which reminds how scummy I think Stef is, and how he has completely fallen off this game.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (isolation #83) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:46 am

Post by Benmage »

^And there we go.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (isolation #84) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Benmage »

Oh ninja'd by tazaro my last post was referencing Oso's.
Tazaro wrote:@BenMage: Not this stuff about "inconsistency" again. You wanted to lynch Stef--You're crazy if you think Stef is the most likely to be scum.
Has Stef done anything pro-town this game? He was blatantly scummy yesterday. He has now gone into the shadows. Classic scum tell if you ask me. And it should be pretty obvious--who I think is most likely scum. *hint hint* the lynch I am adamant about.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (isolation #85) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:57 am

Post by Benmage »

Tazaro wrote:Since it IS four o clock here where I'm at, I'm going to go eat some meal for dinner.
What are you a grandpa, early bird special? :P
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (isolation #86) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Benmage »

I think he's suggesting that Tazaro wanted to pull attention off me and onto you. Which is why I think Tazaro flipping scum indicating me as scum is a stretch he seems quite persistent on.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (isolation #87) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Benmage »

AHHHHHH I'd have to go back and read Fur. I was only recalling his attacks on me, not the connections.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (isolation #88) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:29 am

Post by Benmage »

Jelly, didn't you say that the scum with the NK speculation let the town draw the connections so it wouldn't be brought back to him? Doesn't that contrast your Taz-me team?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #872 (isolation #89) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Benmage »

It looks like you included rvs votes in that analysis.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (isolation #90) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Benmage »

Sandman TF is not today's lynch. I had a town read on you but your votes could of late, be better.

I'm blanking and don't want to look up, how do you feel in regards to Charlie in general, and his lynch?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (isolation #91) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:27 am

Post by Benmage »

Mr.Sandman wrote: What do you think of Tazaro?
I have my causes for concern with Tazaro. He'd probably right now be my third choice for a lynch. Although that might change if I took a deeper look at a few people. I am conflicted with him. For on the one hand I have scummy concerns, but on the other hand there are also strong town-tells especially when compared to other people.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #900 (isolation #92) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Benmage »

^That'll give me some motivation to re-iso him. Been meaning to do that. But I am still bent on the Charlie lynch. He's an anti-town player whose claimed VT... We'll see what happens after I iso.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #915 (isolation #93) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:25 am

Post by Benmage »

Charlie wrote:There goes 1.5 hours! Thank you again. Goodnight.
Like it was some massive exercise to get you to play in the game you signed up for. :roll: Lynch this scum.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (isolation #94) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Benmage »

I see no reason not to. I'm fine with someone hammering.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #966 (isolation #95) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:24 am

Post by Benmage »

I'm here, more or less following with phone but have had limited computer access...which I feel is necessary if I want to iso someone or post something of large content.

Anyways I don't like tubby's omgus. PJ was a swingy player who'd I like to review to see who might've wanted him dead.

I don't like Oso saying thats he's only going to alternative between the masons...Talk about showing your hand to the scum. I also don't like how he insists the the doc part is what he is only using.

The last time I was a JK I used my ability to JK suspicious targets in hopes of stopping a NK and catching a killer. Not to protect town players which could also be blocking town PRs.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (isolation #96) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:00 am

Post by Benmage »

^If it aint clear, as town, I was using the RB function.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (isolation #97) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:12 am

Post by Benmage »

I can't fathom a 16 player normal game being balanced with a 5 team scum team no matter the town PRs.

I don't think we're in lylo.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (isolation #98) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:40 am

Post by Benmage »

Easy buddy, been pondering on this one...I don't like the Tazaro lynch. I still like the Stef lynch for old reasoning, plus a relative lack of content of late...so I'd be fine with that. But Lowell's play has been atrocious, and the two masons seem pretty confident in that realm so I think that this vote/lynch is well placed.

Vote Lowell
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #984 (isolation #99) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:41 am

Post by Benmage »

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch...thats L-3 for Lowell.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (isolation #100) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Benmage »

And you didn't bother to use your ability.....wtf screw you Lowell. Should've d1 lynched over wraith obvtown.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (isolation #101) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Benmage »

v/la till monday
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (isolation #102) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by Benmage »

I hate the claim and lack of action....a Bg protects an obvious town you'd think he would've protected a Mason....the whole scum not targeting him....all the more reason to use your ability on obvtown.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1019 (isolation #103) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Benmage »

AGar wrote:Bah.
ditto
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1229 (isolation #104) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by Benmage »

I thought I played a fairly decent game.

Funny crosskill, Agar, why me?? I was about to fake cop claim with guilty on Oso and go for the sweep :cry: .

Apathetic town = doomed.

Lynch lurkers like Stef.

I actually got a little nervous with the 2 successful lynches.

Lowell is still a useless slot.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”