War in the Palace

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Which is more balanced?

Only Assassin and Kings alive = Assassin wins.
85%
Only Assassin and Kings alive = Kings tie.
8%
Only Assassin and Kings alive = All 3 tie
8%

Total votes: 26

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:51 am

Post by Battousai »

RayFrost wrote:I think having a lack of alignment reveal for the guards would help balancing.

As to the number of guards... maybe 3 each?

How many uses for each bomb? If only one, then you have to consider the possibility for 3p with the anarchist having one bomb left, both kings alive. Would this count as a draw, or do you intend to have a "forced lynch" rule for deadlines?
I don't see how that is a draw, there is still a chance for the anarchist to win. All he has to do is get one king lynched then with a bomb left the next day he can kill the other (similar to having a SK and 2 vanilla townies at end game).

A side claim D1 doesn't have to play out the way outlined. If the anarchist lies about which side he/she is on, the team doesn't have to start lynching itself. Instead, with the majority numbers, can start lynching the other team until they lose. Then they can figure out who the anarchist is through scumhunting.

Only problem is there can be a stalemate should they all claim sides and the anarchist gets lynched first and he kills 2 guards, one of each type. Should the Anarchist auto win in that situation since there will be no order as a result?
His win condition isn't about there being no order, it is about there being no leadership (no kings). Unless he is told in his win condition that he can win the above way, it should not count.
Or to safe guard a claim later than at the start, reveals could be King A, King B, Anarachist or Guard. Meaning guards would not be revealed as protecting a certain king at the time of their death.
I don't see this as working. If there is a side claim, then any guard who is lynched will be confirmed to be an Alpha or Beta Guard, since there is no reason for a guard to lie about what side they are on.

And concerning how many guards, I think it depends on how likely you think it would be for a King to die early. Potentially, with a good (or bad depending on your alignment) lynch, almost half of the alive players will be killed. How balanced would it be for x+1 players versus 1 anarchist.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Battousai »

But a King could decide to lynch the other King. Leading to an Anarchist win. Also, there could be a no lynch and then the Anarchist kills one of the Kings with a bomb. In both circumstances, there is at least a chance for someone to lose.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:31 am

Post by Battousai »

And yay i am thinking the anarchist must use all bombs he currently has and kill himself all at once since i think game balance would be favoring the anarachist otherwise
If the anarchist manages to kill one of the kings, then the other King and his guards auto win. I think that if you make the King immune to the opposite bomb, then that would lower the Anarchist's odds enough. If you are going to eliminate the Team Alpha/Beta this could still be achieved. Tell everyone that one King is King Alpha and the other is King Beta. Then only tell the Kings if they are Alpha or Beta.
You are
King Alpha
. You win the game if you are alive, King Beta is dead, and the Anarchist is dead. Use your vote to figure out who is on your side and weed out the rest.
You are a
Guard
. XXXX is your King. You win the game if your King is alive, the other King is dead, and the Anarchist is dead. If your King dies you will immediatly commit suicide out of shame. Use your vote to figure out who is on your side and weed out the rest.
You are the
Anarchist

As long as King Alpha is alive you have an Alpha-Bomb

As long as King Beta is alive you have an Beta-Bomb

You can use each bomb only once. The Alpha-bomb can only kill the Alpha King and any guard. The Beta-Bomb can only kill the Beta King and any guard. If you are lynched you must use both bombs immediatly with your dieing breath. You win the game if King Alpha is dead and King Beta is dead. Use your vote and your bombs to bring an end to all order.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”