Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #55 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:16 pm

Post by CaptainBlicero »

mlaker wrote:Also what do you think about Samurai Mafia?
Actually, I've been hammering out a scheme for a mafia set in feudal Japan over the past month or so. Will roll it out once the social life calms down a bit. I was originially going for an elaborate theme that would involve challenges to duel and family honor and would allow players to commit ritual suicide to regain status, but unless I can polish out some major flaws, it may just be a pretty straightforward setup with a strong "flavor".
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #242 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:57 pm

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Now that Texas Returns has completed, I'm thinking about a new game.
I've got two setups that are basically ready to run -- one set in feudal Japan, and one based on Tad Williams'
Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn
Trilogy.

So, anyone feel strongly about one of these two themes? The Japan setup has a lot of complicated roles, and I'm toying with including a whole samurai honor code, which would allow players to commit ritual suicide and challenge each other to duels, among other things. So, that would probably be a smaller game, and I'd want only serious, experienced players.

The MST game would be larger and much less "niche." It does have some cool elements I'd like to test out though, but if no one else is familiar with the books, I'll probably shelve it (book knowledge wouldn't be necessary to play, but if I'm the only Tad Williams fan here, I don't really see the point of running the theme). Let me know what you think, people.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #246 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:42 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Were there pirates in Feudal Japan? Well, there are now.
Well, I guess I can't let you play the game, given your eerie foreknowledge of the setup....
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #405 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:52 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

I've got a fairly basic dueling mechanic set up for the hopefully-soon-to-be-rolled-out Feudal Japan Mafia. It's mostly chance-based, but it works on top of the existing lynch system, instead of replacing it (you can "call out" any player who impugns your family honor). I'd definitely be interested to see an entire Mafia based on dueling, though. En guarde!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”