Funniest Scumslips

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:23 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

The Fonz wrote:I've only ever been accused of scumslips when I'm town. It pisses me off immensely.
Same here, honestly though I'm wondering if when I read town in my role pm I lose 25 IQ points or something.

Sleepless Assassin wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Yup, townies often post quickly or impulsively and make errors in wording, etc.
Only town does that?
Recklessness in this sense is by it's nature a townie attribute because a viable path to victory is ignoring surviva and just being concerned with catching scum, so if you ignore the implications of what you're saying, you're probably town. Scum can't afford to do this cause their wincon is survival.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:30 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Ythan wrote:It supports any non-jester win condition to read over your posts before hitting submit.
Thing is, if people recognize it, there's a major difference in mentality produced by being more concerned with catching scum then whether your posts will be taken as pro or anti town. Which means it's another way to slip.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:21 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Ythan wrote:
AdumbroDeus wrote:
Ythan wrote:It supports any non-jester win condition to read over your posts before hitting submit.
Thing is, if people recognize it, there's a major difference in mentality produced by being more concerned with catching scum then whether your posts will be taken as pro or anti town. Which means it's another way to slip.
Checking your posts doesn't mean you are
more
concerned with them than with catching scum.
But checking your posts for scumtells (in other words checking for reasoning that you believe but people think is scummy to use) IS survival mentality, at that point you're more concerned with not making scumtells and thus not getting lynched then catching scum. This is a noticeable difference.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:12 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Fair enough lol
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Parama wrote:Townies have an incentive to not get lynched, too. It's called playing towards their wincon.
But townies DO have the ability to play in a manner which signifigantly prioritizes catching scum over being concerned with whether suspicion might fall on them (aka, reckless town).
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:53 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

I think you're missing my point, what I am attempting to do is encourage a metagame shift, for town to do something that scum can't follow. Proofreading isn't the issue really here, it's more what you're looking for in your posts when proof-reading.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Ythan wrote:
AdumbroDeus wrote:I think you're missing my point, what I am attempting to do is encourage a metagame shift, for town to do something that scum can't follow. Proofreading isn't the issue really here, it's more what you're looking for in your posts when proof-reading.
Proofreading is the issue you've been talking about.
No it wasn't, my assertion was entirely based on WHAT to proofread, not whether to proofread period. The post I initially quoted talked about proof-reading in general, my post was a subtle topic switch to what to proofread for as a townie.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:46 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Ythan wrote:Where have you discussed what should and should not be proofread? Where is any of this that you are talking about?
It seems that you presumed I was talking about whether one should proofread when the entire time I was talking about what one should proofread for.

Therefore we were arguing two entire different questions.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”