Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by Neuky »

Hi folks

/confirm

Yes to the nights suggestion
Played 2 - won as town 0 - lost as town 2 - won as scum 0 - lost as scum 0 - Yep, I'm doing that well...
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by Neuky »

..and we're off...

VOTE: Quilford
Played 2 - won as town 0 - lost as town 2 - won as scum 0 - lost as scum 0 - Yep, I'm doing that well...
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:55 am

Post by Neuky »

Quilford wrote:They're fine, but I don't like people jumping onto them without offering
at least a semblance of a reason.
Sloth wrote:I think it's the
wagoning at the first sign of a semblance of a reasonable vote
, Vi.
I saw what you did there.. :P (and you are right of course - I thought it was quite cheeky of me, but quite deserved IMO).
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:13 am

Post by Neuky »

Okay - 1st:
@Juls
Juls wrote:
Neuky wrote:I saw what you did there.. (and you are right of course - I thought it was quite cheeky of me, but quite deserved IMO).
So, you are saying you did that on purpose, to be "cheeky"? Or did you agree with what Quilford was saying?
Both. It was RVS, why say something so wishy washy? Using his logic to vote him appealed to my sense of irony.
Vi wrote:I definitely think my Neuky vote is best right now. More than anyone else it seems like he's trying to hide.
Let's see - the game starts and in the 1st 24 hours I've posted my RV, and a reply to a question from Sloth. - hardly prod material yet. 10 hours later (while I'm asleep), Vi posts the above. Folks, please try and remember we are all in different time zones.

Anyway, your vote and comment interests me:
Vi wrote:
Vote: Neuky
(L-6)
Something seems off, although I'm not sure I can explain it.
Talk about vague. There's two ways I can take this - a. That you're scum trying to start a wagon on a newb, or b. (The way I actually see it), town putting some early pressure on a newb to see if he gets a strange reaction (e.g. hiding, or over defensiveness).

Unlike....
Sloth wrote:I think it's the wagoning at the first sign of a semblance of a reasonable vote, Vi.
Unless he's a pal of yours, that sounds like buddying to me. I also see no reason for him to confirm your thoughts to you (presumably you already know what you meant). So, was he instead taking the opportunity to make me look more suspicious? I don't know of course, it's early days, but I don't like the buddying feel to it. (Yes I know town can buddy town etc, but to quote yourself, "Something seems off").

I also noticed Sloth's 1st hello post:
Sloth wrote:Yes to the nights thing too, for the record.
Long nights = boring as all hell.
Bolded bit reads to me like an over-reaction to the question.

VOTE: Sloth L-3
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:25 am

Post by Neuky »

Name calling from Vi? - I'm a bit disappointed if indeed that's what it is. (We could all do that, but it'd end up a bit of a barney..)

Sometimes I log on and read, but don't have time to post. (I usually post at lunchtimes at work, or late evenings). I do try and keep up. I also see Quilford is active at the moment but not posting - but I'll not hold that against him unless it's part of a bigger case.

Anyway, as you are also online at the moment, what do you think of Sloth's comment on the shortened nights?
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Neuky »

@Sloth

You've made it your early mission to question people about wagons. I assume you've done this for a good scum-hunting reason. I can't see it, but that's fine, as long as it's important to you.

Then there's this dialogue you had with Quilford.
Sloth wrote:Quilford, same question to you. What are your thoughts on RVS wagons?
He says:
Quilford wrote:They're fine, but I don't like people jumping onto them without offering at least a semblance of a reason.
You reply:
Sloth wrote:
What do you think of the two wagons we have going right now? Did you purposefully refrain from joining one?
He says:
Quilford wrote:What wagons? I suppose I should clarify; I don't like it when people jump onto wagons without saying anything else in their post.
You don't let him off the hook:
Sloth wrote:There were two votes each on Vi and Empking.
But that's where it ends. The bolded part never got a response from him, and you just seemed to drop it.
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Neuky »

Ok - sense of humour restored... :P

In short (and I know it's a bit wifomy) - surely it would be too obvious? I thought Vi would have a better target if he was scum, as I had no votes at the time he voted me. It still looks to me similar to the play of Nachomamma, who was the IC in my last game. He pressured players he thought were not high profile enough for his liking.
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:14 am

Post by Neuky »

Vi wrote:
Neuky 71 wrote:Name calling from Vi? - I'm a bit disappointed if indeed that's what it is. (We could all do that, but it'd end up a bit of a barney..)
I do that to everyone; no offense is meant. You should be worried when I STOP doing that.
Fair enough Vi.. I actually forgot how dumb my avatar is. (although I'm attached to it now).
Vi wrote:What was the point of post 77?
I was thinking it might have been a distancing exercise, in that it seemed a bit half hearted, especially when Sloth then just dropped it when Quilford didn't reply. Sloth's reply to post 77 seems genuine enough to me that he used it to get us out of RVS and then dropped it when more meaningful discussion started though.
So..
UNVOTE: Sloth

@Quilford - TBH, I never took what Vi said as an accusation of sheeping.

@Faraday - I hope you're town too, and not pulling the
wool
over our eyes.

@ Vi (and Quilford) I've noticed other players under the radar as well as Scott Brosius - is there any particular reason for voting him and not pursuing the others?

@Charter:
"The bigger the better" - what you said about wagons. But you've only voted on Empking in RVS - a wagon that maxed out at 3 when you changed to Looker (a player with no votes on him at all). Does this tie in with your wagons theory?, because you missed a few including myself. Do you still think your vote on Looker is still the best place for it? If so, what's your opinion on the Quilford wagon?

@Looker - Only 2 posts so far.. What is your response to "Why does Empking look like scum?"

Finally - @Twisted Spoon - You promised a post on Wednesday night, but all I've seen is a game theory comment since then. Hope you're not too busy putting the bunting up.. Actually - I might be reduced access over the next couple of days as I try to avoid a certain televised wedding. I'll still try though.
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:35 am

Post by Neuky »

@Sloth - I was waiting to get answers to my questions from other players first.

I don't like the Quilford wagon as I thought the flip comment was quite townie, and his defensive comments don't seem too off to me either.

VOTE: Hiplop

Just ISO'd him, and there's not a lot going on.

hiplop wrote:is quilford at l-1? i don't want to hammer but im sort of suspecting him now
He's not paying attention to the game. (Scum don't need to scum hunt). Also, the "sort of suspecting him now" comment rubs me the wrong way. He must have thought Quilford was near L-1, and that seems to be the driving force behind him now suspecting him. He certainly doesn't make a case or anything.

He later says this "I don't see what was scummy about me asking if he was at l-1? i know he was close and i didnt want to hammer without a claim" - again this concerns me as its different. Here he says he was prepared to get a claim from him, before possibly hammering him. That's different to what he said above. (Only sort of suspecting him - hardly hammer material). Also, seemed to be in a bit of a rush for a lynch.

Oh, he also said he has no opinion on me or Vi - but there's a lot more material about us than some other players - yet no opinion at all? Do scum not like to have as few strong opinions as possible? Also - and maybe I'm getting too wifomy here, Faraday had already admitted he was trying to see if hiplop would parrot his "Neuky is town" statement, so he was scared off making an opinion about me at all?
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Neuky »

@Empking - I'd have been happier if he had backed up with a vote at the time - yes, but I don't think its damning in itself.
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:07 pm

Post by Neuky »

charter wrote:
Neuky wrote:I don't like the Quilford wagon as I thought the flip comment was quite townie, and his defensive comments don't seem too off to me either.

What do you think he would say if he is scum?
I've never been lynched, or even near to it in my 2 completed games, but my gut reaction is that this is something I might have said if I was resigned to being "lunched".. It reads newb town to me because of that.

Quilford's emotive posting recently is interesting. He does seem rattled. In the past, I've seen it as a flailing scum tell, but not so sure now - I think it's definitely a new player tell, but not sure if you could call it alignment specific.

Empking wrote:
Quilford wrote:...
When I flip town, lunch Empking, please.

Charter: Enough to lynch (mainly for the quoted post).
He said that after you voted for him. What was the reason for your vote?
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #11) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Neuky »

@TS and Faraday - I was reading Newbie 1085 which you were both in along with Hiplop (who was scum). And it looks pretty similar to me. He DID put quilford at L-1 "to add pressure" too. I'm still thinking he's scum, but want to hear Twisted and Faraday's impressions about the meta from that game - he was scum, AND they lynched him day one. What makes his meta so different now?

Twistedspoon wrote:@Neuky: you seem to have quite a mixed opinion on quilford, or so I gather from your last post. What is your opinion on Charter and who might your top scumread be?
It's still Hiplop at the mo' pending the above of course. Quilford - I ISO'd him again just because of your question to me, and I'm not seeing anything shouting scum - read the whole thing and you'll see what I mean. Regards to Charter, I'm not sure - again, I'm leaning town as he's hardly a blushing violet is he? He seems unafraid - and I like that.

Twistedspoon wrote:
charter wrote:
Ok, lets just massclaim then.

You weren't serious here were you? :?
If not that's a very dangerous thing to say; some poor newbie skimming the topic could easily read this and claim in their next post without detecting that you weren't serious :/

I don't like this much TS - it was pretty obv a joke, and no newbies were going to buy into that were they? I'm not omgusing you just because you were asking me questions, but this did jump out at me a bit tonight when re-reading the last few pages.
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #12) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Neuky »

Oh, and I eagerly await Scott's comments, as I do happen to agree with you about him.
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #13) » Tue May 03, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Neuky »

Twistedspoon wrote:Firstly you can't say
they
lynched him D1. I take all the credit for the hiplop lynch in that game.
D1 was mine
and D2 faraday's
I had to laugh at that -that was the most amazing D1 I've seen - 34 pages. But you were a "bit" wrong about faraday lol.. anyway, I do agree - This:
Scott Brosius wrote:Alright I realize I need to catch up.
seems to be the worst ever case of active lurking....
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #14) » Tue May 03, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Neuky »

@Hiplop:
hiplop wrote:
hiplop where'd your neuky town read come from?

Neuky has seemed towny the entire time, hes the one im least confident in though, to be honest.
- I don't understand this. Please clarify. my thoughts are how can I appear towny "the entire time", while I'm also the one you are least confident in. Remember that Faraday declared me town, and waited to see if you sheeped his thoughts? This is what I think you did here, but decided to qualify it at the end of your statement.
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #15) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:44 am

Post by Neuky »

Faraday wrote:don't discuss that game. ever.

Anyway, I think Hiplop's town here though. Seems a little different, I guess if a fairly similar playstyle.

Me confused here Faraday - I know you have a unique posting style - but please - some more info on this?

especially as you said "Vi/Hiplop intereactions are so fucking awkward." - so you must be saying there's a possible link there?

Re Quil: I'll second that I didn't like him vanishing as soon as he appeared to be off the hook. I was the one saying he was showing newbie tells ... however ... Having had a look at his meta, one thing that does worry me is that he seems more newbie in this game than others. He's definitely posting differently imo.
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #16) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:42 am

Post by Neuky »

I've been struggling the last few days to post due to some serious RL issues that are only going to get worse for a while..
MOD: Replace out please

I'll post this message on both threads.
Sincere apologies,
But have fun folks.

Neuky

Blarg!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”