Mini 1160 - Cupcake Mafia! Cupcakes Baked to Perfection!

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

What? I absolutely wanted to lynch LLD on the last day of Camden. I made that perfectly clear. You guys quick hammered the day in the middle of the night before I committed to making my vote since I said I didn't want to be impulsive on that day. I read LLD as scum since I called out the VCA she did as shit. Your Meta is shit. I didn't call LLD town since Day 1.

I like the miller claim because of the way it was done. I WIFOM Millers all the fucking time, but the fact that LLD claimed in red the Muffins are scum thing made me like the claim overall. It's more or less the best Miller claim I've seen in the games I've played. The Red Truth thing was just a nod to the fact that their name is Ushiromiya and they used Red in their text.

Now how, pray tell, am I supposed to "test" LLD's alignment? Vote her, despite me liking the claim? What's that do, it's not like we are going to pressure a claim out of her. You either believe the claim or you don't.
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

Fudge...

Toogeloo aka CupcakePanda and what he meant to post under wrote:What? I absolutely wanted to lynch LLD on the last day of Camden. I made that perfectly clear. You guys quick hammered the day in the middle of the night before I committed to making my vote since I said I didn't want to be impulsive on that day. I read LLD as scum since I called out the VCA she did as shit. Your Meta is shit. I didn't call LLD town since Day 1.

I like the miller claim because of the way it was done. I WIFOM Millers all the fucking time, but the fact that LLD claimed in red the Muffins are scum thing made me like the claim overall. It's more or less the best Miller claim I've seen in the games I've played. The Red Truth thing was just a nod to the fact that their name is Ushiromiya and they used Red in their text.

Now how, pray tell, am I supposed to "test" LLD's alignment? Vote her, despite me liking the claim? What's that do, it's not like we are going to pressure a claim out of her. You either believe the claim or you don't.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Kise »

Dat
bread
cupcake crumb
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Fate »

Kise.

How come you never commented post game about that train wreck?

Move your vote back to Grey.

I

won't

ask

twice.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by GreyICE »

CupcakePanda wrote:Fudge...

Toogeloo aka CupcakePanda and what he meant to post under wrote:What? I absolutely wanted to lynch LLD on the last day of Camden. I made that perfectly clear. You guys quick hammered the day in the middle of the night before I committed to making my vote since I said I didn't want to be impulsive on that day. I read LLD as scum since I called out the VCA she did as shit. Your Meta is shit. I didn't call LLD town since Day 1.

You could push her. Ask her questions. See if she justifies herself. Something. Instead you're fluffing around telling us what you like and don't like about how we're playing the game. Which is... pretty much the opposite of finding scum. Do you or do you not think Kise found a way to get a decent read on Chesskid? Did it or did it not give good reads on other players?

If so why are you tooting a horn about how much you hate gambits as a substitute for content?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

Hmm. How interesting you humans get with such vagaries.

Oh well, I suppose there are some things I find interesting. I'd like to first note the (lack of) content from smargaret and Steph. I'm aware it's page four, but I'm also aware almost every other player has posted more substantially than those two. Steph in particular bothers me because after a couple pages of fairly eventful events, his only question is about some random thing someone said. There's no analysis, no thoughts, no...anything.

That said, we're not voting either of those players right now. Instead, I direct you to look at Kise's ISO. But don't read it straight. Click the post where he claims double voter, and peruse that series of events. We have a couple problems here. One, he blatantly contradicts himself in the process of his "gambit". The first thing he does is say he's not policy lynching chesskid...then he follows his fake double vote by saying yeah, he policy lynched chesskid. At least, I presume that's the case, unless you decided to use a random acronym I'm unfamiliar with, when you said PL. Maybe Privately Love chesskid? Pulled a Lincoln on chesskid? Ah well, for the time being it seems a lot more like you were policy lynching him.

That, however, is the weakest point. While that's well founded in logic, it seems the Witch I've been teamed up with has a strong feeling about the series of events, particularly Kise's INSISTENCE on chesskid claiming. Now, supposing Kise was gambitting, which feels fairly clear now, why would you press so hard for a claim when you knew chesskid wouldn't die? That doesn't seem like a very townie thing to do at all. My Witch companion would also like to direct you to the wagon activity directly after the "gambit", as a direct result of it.

As such,
Unvote, Vote Kise

Ah, it seems you all are quite impatient. Though I suppose a human's lifespan isn't too long, particularly that of puella magi. GreyICE, you have caught my interest. We wonder, for someone who seems to be so emotional about this, why you aren't doing the things you propose?

-/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by GreyICE »

UshiromiyaAnge wrote:Ah, it seems you all are quite impatient. Though I suppose a human's lifespan isn't too long, particularly that of puella magi. GreyICE, you have caught my interest. We wonder, for someone who seems to be so emotional about this, why you aren't doing the things you propose?

-/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

'cause if Toog is scum, you're not, because Toog isn't nearly cheeky enough to go 'rah rah!' when a buddy claimed miller. Were it visa-versa, we would be.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by tclawren »

Hmm...
VOTE: steph

@Parama: can you give us a better idea what will happen if we lynch CK? If you don't want to answer this because of ability issues feel free to ignore it.

@Kise: I was on CK to build on a wagon in RVs. Also, could you actually explain why you wanted CK to claim? Couldn't you just do the votes and then see how he reacts?

@GI: ...that's a terrible case.

I want more content from Steph, hence the vote. Also, I don't like his last post where he totally ignores what has been going on for the last few pages to focus on something that was basically a threat to him personally. The complete lack of pro town play is shocking.

P-edit: If you want to read a better version of my case on Steph read the UA post.
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

@TC: did you even read our post?

There is one small paragraph about Steph.

The rest of it is about Kise.

Further, what kind of reasoning is "what they said"?

Hmmmmmmmmm

~LLD
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

Shit.

My bad.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by Kise »

Okay..

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

^Whatever the hell you are.. I just saved a townie from being lynched. CK was at L-2 and I feigned that he was L-1 due to my DV. Either way it went down, someone would have come along to L-1 or hammer him. Know what comes next? A request to claim. The sooner I handled that, the sooner we could move on to real scumhunting while having all players still alive.

Have you noticed that I'm no longer curious to know his role? Rolefishing at L-2 isn't really bad when everyone is screaming for that player's death anyway.

@Fate: You mean the last mini theme we were in? Meh... kind of a wack playerlist anyway. Not everyone is my preferred crowd to socialize with.

tclawren wrote:@Kise: I was on CK to build on a wagon in RVs. Also, could you actually explain why you wanted CK to claim? Couldn't you just do the votes and then see how he reacts?

So then I get yelled at for hammering without a claim? Damned if I do, damned if I don't. The way CK says to go after Parama, then mentions blacklisting him makes me believe he's town. EVERY game I get a townread from CK, he damn sure IS town. I'm irked at how my own accurate reads get eliminated because of out-of-game excuses from others.

It was either LLD or this guy /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ that mentioned how this game was balanced for certain town roles to be alive and combat certain mafia roles. And like I said, I know CK can get some authentic scumreads due to actual experience, but I suppose some players here have had bad experiences with town-CK's gut in other games. Not me.

*shrug*

Yet…
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by smargaret »

Yes, I have played with Chesskid before. Pirates mafia should provide ample evidence of why I would get behind a policy lynch; we were also in Jurassic Park on opposing sides though the rage isn't as evident there.

I ignored Parama's claim. So did many other people; I thought that's what you did with ambiguous softclaims that may or may not be gambits to further a policy lynch. I don't see what's scummy about that. Also, I've been quiet today because I found out with less than 24 hours notice that I'm expected at my in-laws this weekend and had to pack for both myself and my fiance (
Corollary: I will be semi-LA this weekend because sitting on your computer playing mafia doesn't count as social time
)

UA, how does your theory hold up that Kise is scum? If he was gambiting (which he was), he would know that the double vote would have no effect and he wouldn't then be policy lynching Chess. I agree that this means the gambit is worthless as far as determining Chess's alignment, but I don't see how it makes it scummy. The most you get is rolefishing (which I have my own opinion on, but I'll keep it to myself until Kise comes back). PEdit: Apparently I was wrong. I thought not asking for the claim would have revealed the gambit early.

Toog, you've been playing mafia for how long? And you don't know how to test someone's alignment (ie scumhunt)? I'm not buying it.

Unvote: Chess
Vote: Toog
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by tclawren »

I just thought your paragraph was more well put than mine. I wrote out my post, saw your post, and then added that to end of my post. Maybe I just don't understand your point.

P-edit: Kise: Yeah you will get yelled at, but people will understand when they see that you were gambiting.
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

GreyICE wrote:
CupcakePanda wrote:Fudge...

You could push her. Ask her questions. See if she justifies herself. Something. Instead you're fluffing around telling us what you like and don't like about how we're playing the game. Which is... pretty much the opposite of finding scum. Do you or do you not think Kise found a way to get a decent read on Chesskid? Did it or did it not give good reads on other players?

If so why are you tooting a horn about how much you hate gambits as a substitute for content?

Why would I push her, I liked the claim.

What I like and don't like about how the game is being played is exactly scum hunting, what game of mafia are you playing? I didn't like the gambit. I hate day 1 lies, and I feel gambits (especially one as weak as this one) do nothing more than they do something. What does this mean? It means I don't like Kise or his gambit, especially with his request for the claim before he did it. It means I don't see Chesskid as any more town or scum than I did before the "gambit."

My "tooting" is content in the fact that I don't like Kise or his gambit. Hey look at that. I have put information on the table as to how I feel about a player (several actually)... that is content.
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

smargaret wrote:Toog, you've been playing mafia for how long? And you don't know how to test someone's alignment (ie scumhunt)? I'm not buying it.

No, I said there is no way to test the alignment of a player who claimed Miller, but the point was moot because I liked the claim.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Fate »

That WASN"T a vote for Grey.

I'm about to do something reckless

God damn which one of you clowns is Grey's buddy playing the "ignore Fate and we'll NK him" game?

Kise? LLD? Smarg?

I know its not Toog. FFS. Parama, I hate to do this, but we need to team up. My vote is always pseudo on chess,

if you can get his policy lynch up and running again,

but in return you need to lynch the hell out of Grey with me.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Kise »

Can we lynch you and that awful PR if Grey is town?

Yet…
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

GreyICE, I'm glad that you show an astounding ability to respond quickly to questions asked of you, but I'm mildly curious why there was nothing else in my post worth commenting on. Perhaps you need help comprehending it?

Oh, so Kise responds. Ooh, how tough, too. Careful not to let your emotions get the best of you. There was one girl who found out everything about the Puella Magi system who ended up getting herself stuck in an infinite loop of despair for herself and her friends. It's clear where the path of emotion leads. Now, to address your points, where has Katsuki said chesskid is town? I don't believe I've seen that anywhere. Perhaps the red you are seeing is causing you to hallucinate? Secondly, you conveniently side step anything to do with why you pressed chess for a claim when you knew you weren't lynching him. That's very interesting, to me. Thirdly, you're asking us to rely on something you've done in the past, and your emotional response to it? I don't believe this game has anything to do with other games, really. Fourthly, why didn't you ask him to claim at L-3? After all, two people could have come along and voted him, and then someone else could have hammered without asking for a claim. Or perhaps L-4 suits you more? I mean, clearly people were rushing in to vote chesskid. It was quite entertaining, really. I'm sure that without your intervention, we would never have been able to press chesskid on a claim.

The result of all this is that I can't say I'm very convinced, not with the way things occurred. I'm sure my Witch partner will have more to say on that.

smargaret, the consistency between claim and gambit is not there. And what of my other point, where Parama's information turns to a policy lynch?

-/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

When people have Someone at L-1, and ask for a claim, it is usually because they jar the intent to kill then and are looking for a reason not to.

But your plan with your voting gambit was to clear Chess as town, based on his reaction to being hammered.

So if that is the case, why would he need to claim for your gambit? Why is claiming something you would want him to do if your intent was to prove him town? Especially since we don't want to be losing town Power Roles.

Can you explain this?

~LLD
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

I feel like I need to take a stand here as well.

Unvote;
Vote: Kise
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Kise »

WTF huh

You're a gimmick account?

UshiromiyaAnge wrote:where has Katsuki said chesskid is town?

I guess when she sent him his role PM? *shrug*

UshiromiyaAnge wrote:you conveniently side step anything to do with why you pressed chess for a claim when you knew you weren't lynching him.

The answer, again, is that the sooner we handled that situation, the sooner we could move on.

UshiromiyaAnge wrote:you're asking us to rely on something you've done in the past, and your emotional response to it? I don't believe this game has anything to do with other games, really.

Yeah, that's why people policy lynch: Because of past games. ;) I'm not getting emotional.

UshiromiyaAnge wrote:Fourthly, why didn't you ask him to claim at L-3? After all, two people could have come along and voted him, and then someone else could have hammered without asking for a claim. Or perhaps L-4 suits you more? I mean, clearly people were rushing in to vote chesskid. It was quite entertaining, really. I'm sure that without your intervention, we would never have been able to press chesskid on a claim.

You must be a special brownie. Cazy.

Yet…
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Fate »

Yes Kise. I'll break my PR and rage until I'm L-0.

That was the terrible thing I was talkin about >_> Wonder if Kats thought I'd abuse it this way <_<

Course there is an easy way around this PR

Maybe that'll be a bonus!

If Grey dies

My posts will be that much easier to read!

Go go Grey lynch! This Kise wagon disappoints me.
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

Ah, personal attacks. Usually what humans resort to when they realize they've been outlogicked. If I had a capacity for pity, I'd potentially pity you. I see nothing in your post, Kise, that addresses anything I've said. Or what the Witch has said. Why was the push for a claim necessary?

-/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Kise »

What personal attack? LLD's question was answered in my quotes-reply to you. What is it about making my gambit believable that is not being understood?

Unvote and Vote: GreyICE

Also, Katsuki is not a player in the game so I'm not sure who you MEANT to refer to. Clarify and maybe I can answer it.

Yet…
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

Interesting. You didn't say that before at all. However, it seems once smargaret has helpfully provided that, you've changed your story. Perhaps the truth would serve you better?

And to humor you, "You must be a special brownie. Cazy." is not a logical attack. It's an imprecation attacking my being rather than my logic (which is of course infallible, at least compared to what you humans call logic). I merely illustrated the fallacies presented by your initial "reason" for pressing chesskid to claim.

I'm not entirely certain who that Katsuki comment is directed at. Could you please clarify?

-/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”