Mini 1160 - Cupcake Mafia! Cupcakes Baked to Perfection!

UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 7:51 am

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

@Cupcake Panda: The main problem is that the man of the hour, Fate, has to reread. Most of the activity is centering on him. I mean, I could exhort everyone to vote tclawren again if you like. But I think people are gettin' the idea, you know?

~UK
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Kise »

No more beating around the bush.

Fate wrote:
If Grey dies

My posts will be that much easier to read!

Role related reason to vote GI, yes or no? It's the only reason I tagged along.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

No. I'm pretty sure this issue has been explained, argued, counter-argued, dismissed, resurrected, shot with a cantaloupe, and buried in more arguments.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Fate »

Just spent 10 hours moving then took a final exam.

Tomorrow Im gonna be sortin all my shit out all day (I can barely move around with all my crap in this place, and my bed isnt even set-up -_-)

SO DONT FUCKIN EXPECT NOTHIN SOON.

I
<3
KA
TS
U
S
KI

Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by vollkan »

Panda wrote:
This line is fucking terrible Fate.

"I am confirmed town, let me live to massclaim. Then you can lynch me."

This is like a dare that should you end up alive at Massclaim (which normally happens around MyLo/LyLo) that you don't think anyone would question it. By that point, enough roles could be out for you to make up whatever role you want for you claim to make it look provable, or you can just give town the finger and say, "You can't risk lynching me now!"

I also have seen at least two posts now where your rainbow sprinkles have been messed up and heard or seen no repercussion for it.

At the risk of repeating what I said in my last post, Fate's play around his PR and softclaiming is utterly ridiculous (for what it's worth, I think everything he is saying about it is BS), but it is entirely consistent with Fate's playstyle.

Whilst I don't for a second believe his claiming, I find it similarly unlikely that scum-Fate would seriously believe that he could prolong his own existence by making vague claims and demanding to be kept alive until MC. There is simply no realistic scum strategy for what he is doing; and, for all his insanity, Fate isn't an idiot. In short, what he is doing is stupid and I believe it is playing a major role in the current level of apathy, but it isn't "scummy".

UshiromiyaAnge wrote: I can tell already our playstyles are going to be incompatible. I am of the school that meta only serves to justify what you are already thinking, and is more or less useless. I ignore meta arguments. So, if you want to sway me on an issue, I'd appreciate you making arguments that are only within the scope of this game.

To break down what is happening.

People are arguing:
1) Vollkan is being aloof
2) Aloofness is scummy because it is evasive
3) Therefore, vollkan is scummy

"scummy" means "more likely to come from scum than town"

My response to this is as follows:
1) Vollkan agrees he is being aloof
2) Aloofness is not scummy because vollkan has a tendency to become aloof in circumtances similar to this
3) Therefore, vollkan is not scummy

I don't see how you can say that my history is irrelevant for assessing my actions.

To use an extreme example, suppose it turns out that, site-wide, scum ALWAYS use the word "elephant" in their third post. Suppose, however, that we have a player named X who just so happens to use the word "elephant" in his third post in every single game, regardless of his alignment. Even though, at the general level, using the word "elephant" is a solid scumtell, are you seriously telling me that your response to X would be "Nope, sorry, I don't care about meta"?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by GreyICE »

vollkan wrote:At the risk of repeating what I said in my last post, Fate's play around his PR and softclaiming is utterly ridiculous (for what it's worth, I think everything he is saying about it is BS), but it is entirely consistent with Fate's playstyle.

Whilst I don't for a second believe his claiming, I find it similarly unlikely that scum-Fate would seriously believe that he could prolong his own existence by making vague claims and demanding to be kept alive until MC. There is simply no realistic scum strategy for what he is doing; and, for all his insanity, Fate isn't an idiot. In short, what he is doing is stupid and I believe it is playing a major role in the current level of apathy, but it isn't "scummy".\

Uh have you read the multiple games where he does EXACTLY THIS and it WORKS?

Imma gonna go beat my head against a wall now.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

I would, vollkan. I'd vote player X for that. (Though to be fair I'd question a meta scumtell like that to begin with, but if we're assuming that it's just completely true and no one could possibly think different, then yeah).

To be honest, every time I mod vote in a game, I fully expect to be voted for it in a justifiable way. Meta is not relevant. That said, you aren't really high on my list of people that need to die. I'd just appreciate more :effort:. Things should have calmed down enough at this point for you to make conclusion.

Hmm...I feel like there should be more to comment on but we've kind of reached a standstill, and I don't have a strong track of who's commented on what at this time. Perhaps I am due a reread sometime in the near future.

~UK
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by smargaret »

... vollkan is self-metaing? LOL.

UA, do you want me to answer the questions Fate answered on my behalf? I'm not sure if you'll trust my answers at this point, but if you want them (and you're willing to accept that for some of them, it is going to be "what Fate said" by sheer coincidence) I'm willing to give them.

Fate, I appreciate that you have a townread on me. Don't make it harder for other people to get that same read on me, mmkay?

Steph: Please take a stance on the Grey/Fate argument.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by vollkan »

GreyICE wrote:
vollkan wrote:At the risk of repeating what I said in my last post, Fate's play around his PR and softclaiming is utterly ridiculous (for what it's worth, I think everything he is saying about it is BS), but it is entirely consistent with Fate's playstyle.

Whilst I don't for a second believe his claiming, I find it similarly unlikely that scum-Fate would seriously believe that he could prolong his own existence by making vague claims and demanding to be kept alive until MC. There is simply no realistic scum strategy for what he is doing; and, for all his insanity, Fate isn't an idiot. In short, what he is doing is stupid and I believe it is playing a major role in the current level of apathy, but it isn't "scummy".\

Uh have you read the multiple games where he does EXACTLY THIS and it WORKS?

To be clear, you are saying that there is precedent for Fate-scum softclaiming and being kept alive because of said soft-claim?

UA wrote: I would, vollkan. I'd vote player X for that. (Though to be fair I'd question a meta scumtell like that to begin with, but if we're assuming that it's just completely true and no one could possibly think different, then yeah).

I'm surprised by that. I guess it leads me to another question: would your vote for X be on grounds of scumminess (eg. "I think X is more likely to be scum than town") or policy (eg. "I don't think X should be able to get away with committing a common scumtell"). If the latter, then I guess we hit another more fundamental playstyle difference, given that I think policy lynches are completely unacceptable (I'd even go so far as to argue that they violate the play-to-win rule).

Smarg wrote:... vollkan is self-metaing? LOL.

I'm actually self-meta-metaing, because the game I linked to is one of my completed town games in which I made precisely the same meta defence that I am making here.
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

@vollk: Well, first, I should probably make it clear that this is my personal, UK, opinion, though I think LLD is with me on some of this. Secondly, I should probably make it clear this isn't too relevant to the game, but I'm enjoying this discussion.

I don't like policy lynches. I kind of got on the chesskid one partially because of LLD, and partially because it looked interesting outside of policy reasons. So, if I were in such a situation as the elephant one, I would be voting X on grounds of scumminess. Though, as I said, the elephant scenario has the flaw of being a meta scumtell.

What I look for is scum intent. If there were some scum intent in posting elephant in your third post, I would seize upon it as a good starting point, and continue to assess everyone. I see scum intent in aloofness. If you do it all the time, that does not remove the scum intent. Is it going to mean I think you're scum forever? No. I mean, if I believed that I'd have to vote myself every game for the possible scum intent in voting the mod. Hopefully this explains why I disregard meta better than I have been.

Smarg, please answer the questions. I did indeed request you answer them anyway on the off chance something useful comes of it.

~UK
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Post by GreyICE »

vollkan wrote:To be clear, you are saying that there is precedent for Fate-scum softclaiming and being kept alive because of said soft-claim?

o_O

Please don't tell me you're serious
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Post by C-Worl »

been told that I get to replace chesskid. i haven't officially recieved my role yet though (kat said she was tired and shed do it in the mornin) ill prolly sheep to either grey or fate though, im just sayin... though if yall wanted to show me some cases you have on various people that'd be cool. oh i should also prolly read the thread. i'll start that tomorrow after i get my role.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

UshiromiyaAnge wrote:Hmm, OK. Better question. If Fate is *not* scum, who is, VV?

You've more or less only expressed a strong opinion on Fate. GI's post was appreciable because it covers a lot of people.

~UK
That's a silly question. Fate is a scum read. Why would I be considering that he's not scum when nothing has happened to change my mind?

Stephanoscope wrote:Why? Scum would know how those players are aligned. They're in better position to use it to their advantage.
Not really.

If one of them is scum, scum wouldn't want to stick their head in a heated argument to save their buddy. Scum will be too uncomfortable to deal with the repercussions after one has flipped.

In the unlikely event that both of them are Town, they're already ripping each other apart. Why work when they can get a mislynch without attacking someone?

Hence, scum would avoid the argument regardless.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:35 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

BTW, vollkan the whole self serving "i don't do this as scum!" self-meta didn't work in Popularity Mafia. Why would you do that again here?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 11:13 pm

Post by C-Worl »

Kise wrote:----
"Wanna do something naughty tonight, Kise?"

Kise puts on his robe and wizard hat, grabs the lube from under the kitchen sink, and proceeds to walk into the bedroom. He turns on his computer because he's all about turn ons. Coming to the desktop, he clicks the windows icon at the bottom left side of the screen and brings up Pictures. From here, he double-clicks the Sample Picture folder where he hides all his nasty videos and creates a slideshow of Lisa Ann's best work.

"That's right you old betty. Show me them oatmeal lumps. Yeah, work that candy bar baby."

After squeezing the lube into his palms, Kise places his wizard hat down in front and moans as he enjoys himself. The red mage casts a level 99 erotica spell that increases his stimulation. He then goes to mafiascum and sees a one eyed succubus molesting a witch and he can't take it any more.

"Yes Ushimanaladygagabunny! Make me a magical mastur#$%*& by filling that blonde ass with love. Love! Love! Ooooooh I can't take this any more"

Kise grabs a pastrami sandwich he left next to the keyboard and puts it into the hat in front of his lap. He fills that motherfucker up and slams it on the desk as the wizard hat explodes into chocolate butterflies.

"Abra cayabba daba doooo"
----

.-.

This is the most epic post in the history of mafia. I will proudly sheep to Kise regardless of my role. (Unless of course I'm a lyncher and Kise is my lynchee)
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:53 am

Post by Stephoscope »

smargaret wrote:Steph: Please take a stance on the Grey/Fate argument.

I have already stated that I think Grey is town. I'm not sure about Fate; I don't have the meta on him that others do.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:58 am

Post by Parama »

prodvoid

can't read page 18 at school because it's blocked for some reason.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:15 am

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

@VV: Confirmation bias kills people. And not necessarily the right ones.

...So, let me get this straight. C-Worl is admitting at least twice that he lacks a brain? And refuses to do his own scumhunting? And is going to be even more useless than chesskid? I'm not sure whether to applaud his accomplishment or attempt to commit suicide so that my brain isn't adversely affected by such a strong aura of utter stupidity.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong C-Worl! Please, tell me you plan to do more than just sheep people providing no original content of your own.

~UK
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 7:52 am

Post by Le Cupcake »

C-Worl replaces Chesskid as of this post.

Welcome.
Cupcake Mafia II has been delayed due to multiple instances of multiple computers spontaneously combusting...-_-
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 7:54 am

Post by VasudeVa »

It's not confirmation bias if I'm right ;).

And you seem to be overly defending Fate. He hasn't posted at all to even make me change my mind. Why so hung up on defending him?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 8:05 am

Post by GreyICE »

Kise wrote:No more beating around the bush.

Fate wrote:
If Grey dies

My posts will be that much easier to read!

Role related reason to vote GI, yes or no? It's the only reason I tagged along.
Please

Come on Fate.

Claim day cop with a guilty on me

Do it.

DO IT

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 8:06 am

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

@VV: Explain where I'm defending Fate by asking you to produce other reads and think things through. Last I checked, asking someone to look past confirmation bias and examine the game wasn't defending someone.

Why so hung up on strawmen?

~UK
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 10:22 am

Post by C-Worl »

Hi, I'm here with all my cupcake goodness. Hey you know that post. Yeah the one. Where I said I would sheep OR you guys could present me with the cases you already had against peoples. Yeah where dem cases be? Well shit might as well say the following.

For meta reasons Fate and GreyICE are town. They did the same thing in the dating game mafia and both were town. Kise and all his gambiting goodness is town. These three need to stop targeting each other.

Vote: Parama

Blatantly lieing to town so you can push a PL on someone who's normally a very good player = you're afraid he'd eventually identify you as scum and you're doing it early so any case he built on you would seem like OMGUS.

UK+LLD is unknown at this point since I don't know their meta and don't know what to think about their play so far. Everyone else is boring and very uninteresting.
Show

GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 10:35 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Almost as boring and uninteresting as the fact that you just, essentially, did nothing. Thank you for that.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 10:36 am

Post by GreyICE »

C-Worl wrote:For meta reasons Fate and GreyICE are town. They did the same thing in the dating game mafia and both were town. Kise and all his gambiting goodness is town. These three need to stop targeting each other.

Yeah except that was called follow the cop
And neither of us took the game very seriously

This game actually is a game of mafia, and thus I care.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”