MS Time Capsule: Predict the future, impress your peers

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #51 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:21 am

Post by GreyICE »

- Chesskid will be the top scumhunter on site
- Fate will have calmed down after he settles into a polyamorous relationship with three of his girlfriends. Rage will occur only when they all get synchronous periods.
- Doctor and Cop will become non-normal roles, or used only as single shot
- ReaperCharlie will have a sex change
- Dramonic and Reckoner will be on the lam after going on a Bonnie and Clyde spree of murder/robberies. Will finally be caught because they logged on and posted from an open WiFi connection
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #56 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:26 am

Post by GreyICE »

Bah, I feel like MoIing this post because it's so interesting.
Papa Zito wrote:- The site will be split into three integrated sections, one a forum (+ subforums) for discussion/mishmash/admin/etc, one the wiki, and one for mafia games. The mafia games will run on customized software that is generic and flexible enough to accommodate wonky setups.
- Queues will be integrated into the mafia section. Prospective mods will enter their setups into the software for review, which after approval will enter the queue.
- Players will sign up for games in queue to the pre-in limits or wait until official signups start to fill the game. There will only be a single Listmod + backup as most of the process is now automated; there will however be official Review Groups for each game type.
- Role PMs are a thing of the past. Players automatically see roles as part of the mafia software.
God I hope not. Though I'd like to think that with the VOTE: tags PHP could automatically generate Vote Counts for moderators eventually. And I'd like to see custom NAR software (I could probably actually PHP code NAR, lemme look into that).

Also think that there should be a button next to 'view your posts' called 'view your games,' but that's for a different forum.
- An internal version of QuickTopic will be developed since QuickTopic will no longer exist. "QTs" will be created and controlled by the game moderator and auto-attached to the game.
Ugh, this'll be annoying. But yeah, QuickTopics could dissappear and/or become unusable.

- Mini limits will be raised to 15. Micro games of 9p or less will be introduced. Marathon Days will be phased out in favor of these micro games.
Ugh, no, 13 is perfect. 12:3 really cuts down on town power, 11:4 requires town to basically be given godly powers, and if two mafia games become standard, I'm gonna be really pissed (multiscum is interesting because it's rare. It being standard would suck).

- The site will be integrated with whatever replaces Facebook, allowing single sign-on for both and giving players the ability to monitor games from within their favorite social network.
It's actually fairly easy to write an app for that. Harder is making it so that it doesn't automatically broadcast what games you're in.

- A chat system will be installed with both moderated and unmoderated rooms. AIM scumchat dies out.
They already make Javascript in-window IRC clients. I dunno why AIM scumchat hasn't died already. AIM chat is dead, it doesn't web integrate anywhere near as well as IRC, etc.

- Average user age will increase by 2-3 years.
Please god, please.

SpyreX wrote:
I agree with Hoopla that Papa Zito and StrangerCoug are potential exceptions, leaning more toward Papa Zito simply because of the SpyreX connection.

Que?

+1[/quote]
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Mafia Discussion”