[REVIEW] Open Setup Reviews

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by iamausername »

Hoopla wrote:
- 3 of 5 has a good premise, but it'll almost always be unbalanced if the Mafia Roleblocker gets drawn. The best case scenario for town is Cop/Doc vs. Mafia Roleblocker, which has a 45% town winrate - that's fine. But the town has a decent chance of only drawing one PR, or drawing one PR with a Miller. And in most cases, 2:7 with one town PR is a 60-65% scum win. It may be more when scum has a Roleblocker too.

I like this setup, but is can't be approved with its current variables. If others like it too, then we can try and tweak it.

Plus there's a possibility of drawing Miller, VT and Mafia Roleblocker, which would essentially make it 7:2 mountainous with an Earl. Would not like to be town in that scenario.

I'd suggest turning the VT into a Jailkeeper, but then it's not different enough from the newbie setup to have any real purpose in existing. Vig, perhaps? I agree that there's a decent concept in there, but it needs some pretty heavy tweaking.

Trendy & Subversive V1 owns, totally approve it as is (or add two townies and then approve it if you must). V3 is OK too. V2 is not.

Double Cop looks like the most boring follow-the-cop setup ever, even if it is perfectly balanced why would anyone even want to play this. take it to epicmafia.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”