Newbie 1170: DarthYoshi's Medieval Mafia! (Fin--Who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Newbie 1170: DarthYoshi's Medieval Mafia! (Fin--Who won?!)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Newbie 1170: DarthYoshi’s Medieval Mafia!
Moderator: DarthYoshi
Backup Moderator: Nexus

You awaken to the sounds not of the usual cars and traffic bustling back and forth on the road, but of cattle mooing and guildsmen walking just outside your door. You get out of bed before realizing that in place of your mattress, you have a bed of straw and whatever else it is that peasants sleep on. In your uncaffeinated haze you wonder if you somehow got kidnapped by a traveling Renaissance Faire, but sadly, such a comically delightful adventure is not to be had this time. Rather, this medieval town you have surprisingly awoken to has been infiltrated by an evil guild that calls itself the Mafia. And as you learn all of this from the town crier, you realize why you mysteriously arrived here. You were sent here for a reason—to help rid this quaint little hamlet of its newfound Mafia problem.

Lucky you.

The Roster:

Shinki
Painkiller**
gamer
Velazanath
Fakinha
Duckhunter4242
Zemelo-Franko*
DeasVail
DaLetterEl*
Sorgster (SE)
Tim_hill1990
cjdrum*
kirbyoshi* (SE)
LyingBrian** (IC)

Bolded = confirmed
An asterisk denotes a prod

Semi-Experienced players have at least two finished MafiaScum.net games under their belt. Inexperience-Challenged players are players who are vetted by a site administrator and have at least five completed MafiaScum.net games under their belt. They are here to help teach the game. Their conduct is governed by the guidelines in the wiki article “Being a Good IC.”

Those Alive and Kicking:

DeasVail
kirbyoshi

Those Suffering from a Bad Case of Deadsies:

Duckhunter4242, Vanilla Townsperson, burned at the stake on Day One.
sorgster, Town-Aligned Jailkeeper, shot full of arrows on Night One.
Shinki, Vanilla Townsperson, lynched on Day Two.
Fakinha, Town-Aligned Cop, impaled on a pike on Night Two.
LyingBrian, Vanilla Townsperson, lynched on Day Three.
DaLetterEl, Vanilla Townsperson, endgamed on Day Three.
Velzanath, Vanilla Townsperson, endgamed on Day Three.

Those Smote by My Sith Lord Dinosaur Lightsaber (aka modkilled):

Nobody, and let's keep it that way.
Last edited by DarthYoshi on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:41 pm, edited 23 times in total.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

The Setup:

The 2of4 setup is a test game format we're trying out in newbie games to get around balance issues with the F11 setup. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these newbie games are semi-open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen as detailed below:
• 1 mafia role cop
• 1 mafia goon
• 5 townies
• 2 of the following with no duplicates possible:
o 1 town cop
o 1 town doctor
o 1 town jailkeeper
o 1 townie

Keep the following in mind:
1. The role cop has the option of submitting both the night kills and investigations, even when the goon is still alive. However, only the role cop may submit investigations.
2. Mafia must specify who is performing what night action when the actions are submitted!

Possible Role PMs:

MAFIA ROLECOP

Welcome, Player X. You are a MAFIA ROLECOP. Your buddy, Player Y, is a mafia goon. Together, you are trying to kill off the town, one by one. You have the following abilities:

-Post. You may post in the thread as much as you wish during the Day.

-Vote. During the Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched.

-Night Talk. During Night, you may communicate with your buddy in this QuickTopic: (link). You are not allowed to use the QuickTopic during the Day. You are not allowed to communicate privately with your buddy about this game outside of the QuickTopic. You may also communicate with your buddy in the QuickTopic for the first 48 real-life hours of the game.

-Factional Kill. Once per Night, one of you may notify the Moderator who you wish to kill that Night. You may do so either via PM or by writing your target’s name in bold type in the QuickTopic (ie, “Kill: Player Z”). Either you or your buddy may submit the kill. If you are successful, that player will die.

-Investigate. Once per Night, you (and only you) may notify the Moderator who you wish to investigate that Night. You may do so either via PM or by writing your target’s name in bold type in the QuickTopic (ie, “Role Cop: Player Z”). If you are successful, you will be returned a result of the player’s exact role (“Vanilla Townie, “Cop,” “Doctor,” or “Jailkeeper.”). If you are unsuccessful, you will receive a reply from the moderator stating as such. If you receive a result, it is guaranteed to be accurate. You may not investigate yourself or your buddy.

You win when the mafia equal or outnumber the town, or when nothing can prevent the same, even if you yourself are dead. Please confirm your participation in this game by posting “/confirm” in the game thread, which may be found here:

MAFIA GOON

Welcome, Player Y. You are a MAFIA GOON. Your buddy, Player X, is a mafia rolecop. Together, you are trying to kill the town off, one by one. You have the following abilities:

-Night Talk. During Night, you may communicate with your buddy in this QuickTopic: (link). You are not allowed to use the QuickTopic during the Day. You are not allowed to communicate privately with your buddy about this game outside of the QuickTopic. You may also communicate with your buddy in the QuickTopic for the first 48 real-life hours of the game.

-Factional Kill. Once per Night, one of you may notify the Moderator who you wish to kill that Night. You may do so either via PM or by writing your target’s name in bold type in the QuickTopic (ie, “Kill: Player Z”). Either you or your buddy may submit the kill. If you are successful, that player will die.

You win when the mafia equal or outnumber the town, or when nothing can prevent the same, even if you yourself are dead. Please confirm your participation in this game by posting “/confirm” in the game thread, which may be found here:

TOWN COP

Welcome, Player A. You are a TOWN COP. You have the following abilities:

-Investigate. Once per Night, you may submit to the Moderator via PM the name of a player you would like to investigate. If you are successful, you will receive a reply of either “Player Z is Mafia” or “Player Z is not Mafia.” If you are unsuccessful, you will receive a reply stating as such. If you receive a result, it is guaranteed to be accurate. You may not investigate yourself.

You win when the Mafia faction has been eliminated and at least one town-aligned player remains alive, even if you yourself are dead. Please confirm your participation in this game by posting “/confirm” in the game thread, which may be found here:

TOWN DOCTOR

Welcome, Player B. You are a TOWN DOCTOR. You have the following abilities:

-Protect. Once per Night, you may submit to the Moderator via PM the name of a player you would like to protect. If you are successful, that player will be immune from an attempt on their life that Night. You will not be informed if your protection was successful or not. You may not protect yourself.

You win when the Mafia faction has been eliminated and at least one town-aligned player remains alive, even if you yourself are dead. Please confirm your participation in this game by posting “/confirm” in the game thread, which may be found here:

TOWN JAILKEEPER

Welcome, Player C. You are a TOWN JAILKEEPER. You have the following abilities:

-Jail. Once per Night, you may submit to the Moderator via PM the name of a player you would like to jail. If you are successful, that player’s night actions (if any) will be unsuccessful, and attempts to kill that player (if any) will be unsuccessful. Attempts to investigate or protect the player will be successful. You may not jail yourself.

VANILLA TOWNIE

Welcome, Player D. You are a VANILLA TOWNIE. You have the following abilities:

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

The Rules (loosely based on Nexus’s ruleset):

General

1. BLUE is the Moderator’s color. Don’t try to impersonate me, you will regret it.
2. Please adhere to the site rules. This includes playing to your win condition.
3. Do not discuss this game outside of this thread unless your role PM allows you to.
4. Do not discuss or link to other ongoing games in this thread.
5. Day phases will have fixed three-week (21-day) deadlines.
6. Night phases will have three-day (72-hour) deadlines. At Night, this thread will be locked.
7. Any deadlines may be modified solely at the moderator’s discretion.
8. Thy Mod is thy God, blah blah blah…actually, the Mod is human, and the Mod may make mistakes (ITT, the Mod also refers to himself in the third person...). Please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes that can be reversed will be. Mistakes that cannot be reversed will be commiserated over during postgame.
9. Flavor is flavor. It is there to entertain you. Do us all a favor and don’t read anything into it.
10. If you have any questions about your role or the setup, please feel free to PM the moderator.

Voting:

1. All votes must look like this:
Vote: DarthYoshi
OR
Unvote. Vote: DarthYoshi.

2. To retract your vote without re-voting, simply post:
Unvote.

3. Any and all votes will be counted, but voting tricks are not acceptable. I will ask you to explicitly confirm a vote if necessary before it is added to the official vote count.
4. You may
Vote: No Lynch.
A majority “No Lynch” vote will send the game to Night.
5. A lynch will occur once a majority is reached amongst the living players. For an odd number of living players, a majority is 50% rounded up. For an even number of living players, a majority is 50% + 1 to lynch and 50% to no lynch. Once a majority is reached, the lynching is final and no amount of voting or unvoting will change it. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur, and the game shall go to Night.
6. Once a majority has been reached, the game enters twilight until I lock the thread and post the death scene. All players, including the one being lynched, may post content during twilight. Roles with night talk may not communicate until the death scene has been posted.

Activity:

1. Not confirming within 48 hours of the allocation of role PMs puts you at risk of replacement.
2. I expect you to post at least once every 72 hours. If you don't, you will get prodded. Prods will be announced in the game thread. If you do not respond to your prod within 24 hours, either in thread or via PM, I will replace you (unless you respond before a replacement is then found).
3. Similarly, if you get prodded three times, and require a fourth, I shan't bother with the fourth prod, instead simply replacing you.
4. If you need to declare a period of vacation/limited access (“V/LA”), simply post the dates you will be gone in bold in the thread. That time will not count towards your prod deadline. If excessively long or frequent V/LA’s are taken, you may be asked by the mod to replace out.

Mechanics:

1. Please confirm PM receipt in thread. Once 8 of 9 players have confirmed, the game will begin.
2. Do not edit your posts, and do not use small, encrypted, invisible, or hard to read text.
3. Do not quote PM's from the moderator (including QTs and timestamps) or cookies-based information (such as “Last Visited the Site”). Paraphrasing PM’s from the mod is acceptable.
4. To communicate with the Mod, PM me or write in bold in this thread so that I’ll see it.
5. When you die, you no longer get to post or vote in this game. The dead do not speak.
6. All night actions will be resolved in this order: Jail, Protect/Investigate/Rolecop, Kill.
7. My rule is final. I also reserve the right to add, change or remove rules at my discretion. I will, of course, let you know if/when I do.
8. Violating any of these rules may subject you to sanctions, up to and including involuntary replacement or being modkilled. Being modkilled means that you die, and your win condition is retroactively changed to 3rd Party Survivor, so you automatically lose. A town modkill ends the Day and sends the game to Night. A scum modkill does not end the Day.
9. The complete setup and a full record of night actions will be released at the game’s conclusion. Feedback is both welcome and encouraged at that time.
10. Finally, and most importantly, THIS IS A GAME. I will NOT tolerate personal insults, slurs, and attacks. First time gets you a warning. Second time (or first, depending on the severity) gets you involuntarily replaced. So, play nice, play civilly, play to win, and have fun.

This game has a day start. Day One will begin when 8 of 9 players have confirmed their participation in this thread. No votes will be counted before then, but feel free to chatter.
Last edited by DarthYoshi on Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

The roles have been randomly drawn and allocated, and Role PMs are now being sent in the order of the roster in the OP. Once all Role PMs are out, this thread will be unlocked.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

All Role PMs have been released. All players have until 7:00 pm, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-7) on Monday, October 3, to confirm in.

Unlocking the thread now.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #17 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:50 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

With 8 of 9 players confirmed in, Day One begins now!

No votes have been counted. The deadline is currently set for 9:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-7) on Sunday, October 23.

Any questions or concerns, please let me know!
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #26 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the First

LyingBrian (1): sorgster
duckhunter4242 (2): Zemelo-Franko, DaLetterEl
Painkiller (1): Shinki
Shinki (1): Fakinha
Not Voting (4): Painkiller, Duckhunter4242, tim_hill1990, LyingBrian

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 5 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 9:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time, Sunday, October 23.

As ever, any questions or concerns, please let me know.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #55 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Second

duckhunter4242 (2): DaLetterEl, sorgster
Painkiller (1): Shinki
DaLetterEl (3): tim_hill1990, Fakinha, LyingBrian
Fakinha (2): Zemelo-Franko, duckhunter4242
Not Voting (1): Painkiller

The deadline is currently set for 9:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time, Sunday, October 23.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #70 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

tim_hill1990 has request replacement. Initiating a search now.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #71 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:34 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

cjdrum replaces tim_hill1990. Thanks!
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #81 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Third

duckhunter4242 (2): DaLetterEl, LyingBrian
Painkiller (3): Shinki, Fakinha, sorgster
Fakinha (2): Zemelo-Franko, duckhunter4242
Not Voting (2): Painkiller, cjdrum

Prodding Painkiller and Zemelo-Franko.

In post 58, DaLetterEl wrote:
oh and
@darthyoshi the end of your last post makes you feel so distant from us, so lonely :(. you can answer some of the questions in my first non-/confirm post, if you want...but beware, i might find out you're mafia if you answer the color question incorrectly!

I don't know what else to ask you though, sorry D:

I'll pass, but thank you. :P
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #94 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Zemelo-Franko has failed to respond to his prod. Initiating a search for a replacement now.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #100 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Fourth

duckhunter4242 (3): DaLetterEl, LyingBrian, cjdrum
Painkiller (2): Fakinha, sorgster
Fakinha (2): DeasVail, duckhunter4242
Not Voting (2): Painkiller, Shinki

DeasVail replaces Zemelo-Franko.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #105 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Prodding LyingBrian.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #126 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Fifth

duckhunter4242 (3): DaLetterEl, LyingBrian, cjdrum
Painkiller (1): sorgster
DaLetterEl (1): duckhunter4242
Not Voting (4): Painkiller, Shinki, DeasVail, Fakinha

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #140 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:56 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Prodding cjdrum.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #146 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:41 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

cjdrum has failed to respond to his prod. Initiating a search for a replacement.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #147 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Kirbyoshi replaces cjdrum, and automatically gets to sit at the cool kids' table for having a 'yoshi' screen name.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #150 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Fifth

duckhunter4242 (3): DaLetterEl, LyingBrian, kirbyoshi
Fakinha (1): sorgster
DaLetterEl (1): duckhunter4242
Not Voting (4): Painkiller, Shinki, DeasVail, Fakinha

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #179 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Sixth

duckhunter4242 (4): DaLetterEl, LyingBrian, kirbyoshi, DeasVail
Shinki (1): sorgster
Not Voting (4): Painkiller, Shinki, Fakinha, duckhunter4242

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #188 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:11 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Prodding Painkiller. Again.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #200 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:50 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Painkiller has failed to pick up his prod. Initiatng a search for a replacement.

The current vote count on the previous page remains unchanged as of this post.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #209 (isolation #22) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Seventh

A lynch has been reached.

duckhunter4242 (5): DaLetterEl, LyingBrian, kirbyoshi, DeasVail, Sorgster

Not Voting (4): Painkiller, Shinki, Fakinha, duckhunter4242

gamer replaces Painkiller.

Stay tuned for the death scene and duckhunter's flip.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #210 (isolation #23) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

As the villagers and merchants and guildsmen gathered to the town square to discuss the day's lynch target (sorry, ye olde lynche targete...this is medieval mafia after all), discussion fell to several characters as the debate raged back and forth in a debate in bastardized Middle English that would have made Chaucer weep.

Eventually, though, there was only one candidate for the lynch--duckhunter--and with the entire minority of the town abstaining from the vote, achieving the majority needed to convict him was a fairly simple affair. What to do with him after, though, was the subject of much debate. To the stockades with him? Or the gallows? Should he be disemboweled while howling "FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMM?" because if he does, Mel Gibson might make an Oscar-winning and thoroughly inaccurate historical epic about him many centuries later?

Well...you all decide that the quality of the writing in this game is not up to the standards of Oscar-winning Hollywood, so instead of disembowelment, you elect instead to burn him at the stake! That'll show the Mafia...er, Mafiae.

And so duckhunter died. Thrown upon the bier with nary a vehement defense or derailing of his bandwagon, his body burst into flames almost immediately, and he was no more.

But his death would remain a source of regret for the town just the same. You see, while in death duckhunter may have been red hot, but in life, he was merely vanilla.

Er, vanillae.

Duckhunter4242,
Vanilla Townsperson,
was burned at the stake on Day One.

It is now Night One. Players with access to QTs may now use them. Any and all night actions are due to me by 9:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time on Tuesday, October 18.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #211 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

As night fell upon your village and the gate was drawn to the inner streets of the town, the remaining villagers all went to sleep knowing, deep down in their bones, that a mere gate and walls could not protect them from the evil Mafia guild. Er, Mafiae guilde. One of these days I shall get it right, or at the very least run this particular joke into the grounde.

Nary a sound was heard that night from a single villager, and awakening to the rooster's crow, you hoped that this silence might have meant a good thing...but as you stroll from the church, around the corner to the fletcher's on your way to the town square once more, you notice that a sheaf of arrows has gone missing from the fletcher's shop...

...and that those arrows have indeed found a target. Upon reaching the dungeons overlooking the town square, you see the body of sorgster, slumped over as arrows point out from him in every direction. But...why put his body in the medieval dungeons?

As it happens, that was poor sorgster's trade in this fair village...as you take his body away for burial, you notice an insignia upon his tunic--an insignia that represented the local chapter of the European Guild of Dungeonkeepers. What you today might call a...Jailkeeper.

Sorgster's dungeon bars may have tried to keep the village streets safe, but they still left just enough room for an arrow.

Sorgster,
Town-Aligned Jailkeeper,
was shot on Night One.

It is now Day Two. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 4 to no-lynch. The deadline is currently set for 8:00 pm Pacific Standard Time, November 8.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #227 (isolation #25) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the First

DeasVail (1): DaLetterEl
Shinki (1): Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi (2): Shinki, DeasVail
Not Voting (3): Fakinha, gamer, LyingBrian

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 4 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 8:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on November 8.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #248 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Prodding LyingBrian.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #253 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:44 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Second

DeasVail (2): DaLetterEl, LyingBrian
Not Voting (2): gamer, Fakinha

The deadline is currently set for 8:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on November 8.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #261 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

gamer has requested replacement. Initiating a search now.

And, congratulations, Brian!
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #262 (isolation #29) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Velazanath replaces gamer.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #275 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Third

DeasVail (3): DaLetterEl, LyingBrian, Fakinha
Not Voting (1): Velazanath

The deadline is currently set for 8:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on Tuesday, November 8.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #311 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Fourth

Shinki (2): Kirbyoshi, DeasVail
Kirbyoshi (1): Shinki
Not Voting (2): Fakinha, Velazanth

The deadline is currently set for 8:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on Tuesday, November 8.

Kirbyoshi's LA is noted.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #331 (isolation #32) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:59 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Fifth

Shinki (3): Kirbyoshi, DeasVail, Velzanath
Kirbyoshi (1): Shinki
Not Voting (1): Fakinha

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #354 (isolation #33) » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Prodding DaLetterEl.
Last edited by DarthYoshi on Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #358 (isolation #34) » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Sixth

Kirbyoshi (2): Shinki, LyingBrian

DLE has picked up his prod and remains in the game.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #376 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Current VC, unchanged from the previous page, is posted below for convenience purposes:

In post 358, DarthYoshi wrote:
Day Two, Vote Count the Sixth

DLE has picked up his prod and remains in the game.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #399 (isolation #36) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:58 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

This be a filler post so's I can get the fresh VC up at the top of a new page.

Please carry on.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #400 (isolation #37) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Seventh

Not Voting (2): Fakinha. DaLetterEl

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #406 (isolation #38) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Prodding LyingBrian
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #425 (isolation #39) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:30 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Eighth

Kirbyoshi (3): Shinki, LyingBrian, Fakinha
Not Voting (1): DaLetterEl

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #458 (isolation #40) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Ninth

A lynch has been reached.

Shinki (4): Kirbyoshi, DeasVail, Velzanath, Shinki

Kirbyoshi (2): LyingBrian, Fakinha
Not Voting (1): DaLetterEl*

*Because vote counts become final upon a lynch, DLE's kirbyoshi vote is not counted here.

With 7 alive, it took 4 to lynch and 4 to no-lynch.

Stay tuned for the deathscene and Shinki's flip.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #459 (isolation #41) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

As conversation turned into heated argument and debate, the town fell very starkly into two opposing camps--those who wanted to lynch Shinki, and those who wanted to lynch
DarthYoshi
KirbYoshi. I wonder if they're related...

In the end, it was the Shinki camp who won out, but through no merit of their own...for, as the day grew dark and night threatened to fill the sky, Shinki decided to take matters into her own hands, shouting, "I'm done with all of you village idiots! It's time for me to die!" Grabbing the rope from the hands of DeasVail, Velzanath, and Kirbyoshi, she made her way to the village square and up to the gallows herself, where, with a final one-fingered salute, she strung herself up and fell through the gallows' floor.

"Who would do such a thing?!" many of the shocked townspeople said afterwards...

A fellow townsperson, that's who.

Wait. Townspersone.

And you thought I was done with that overused joke.

Shinki,
Vanilla Townsperson,
was lynched on Day Two.

It is now Night Two. Players with access to QTs may now use them. Any and all night actions are due to me by 6:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on Friday, November 11.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #460 (isolation #42) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Night Two is ending early. When asked, I received no objections from players with night abilities. So, without further ado, your death scene:

Fakinha was out and about on his nightly patrols of the village. You see, while sorgster may have been the dungeonkeeper, riding herd on all of the village's hooligans, it was Fakinha who brought the hooligans in to begin with. He was the village's source of law and order, the man in blue, the big 5-0.

Or whatever that would be in Roman numerals, since I'm guessing people still spoke Latin in medieval times.

While out on patrol this past night, though, Fakinha heard a suspicious noise in the shadows of the abandoned guildhouse, and upon going to investigate, was promptly, albeit stealthily and nearly silently, impaled by a six-foot-long pike.

When the villagers crossed upon the grisly scene of Fakinha's shish-kabob'ed body in the morning, they found this sign, written in blood and hung around Fakinha's neck:

THEY BE ROLLIN', THEY HATIN', PATROLLIN' TRYIN' TO CATCH ME KILLIN' TOWNIES...F*CK DA POHHHHHHHLLIIIIIIIICE

Looks like this village is going to need a new sheriff. I hear the one in Nottingham is quite the enforcer.

Fakinha,
Town-Aligned Cop,
was impaled with a pike on Night Two.

It is now Day Three. With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch and 3 to no-lynch. The deadline is currently set for 9:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on Thursday, December 1.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #483 (isolation #43) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Three, Vote Count the First

LyingBrian (1): Velzanath
Not Voting (4): DaLetterEl, DeasVail, Kirbyoshi, LyingBrian

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch and 3 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 9:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8) on Thursday, December 1.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #485 (isolation #44) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 484, DeasVail wrote:DarthYoshi, could we have some cake while we wait for Kirby to say something?

:P

No, but I can prod him for you. Prodding kirbyoshi.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #506 (isolation #45) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

As y'all can probably guess...a lynch has been achieved!

LyingBrian (3): Velzanath, Kirbyoshi, DeasVail
Not Voting (2): DaLetterEl, LyingBrian

Since y'all know the result, I will get straight to the flip--

Lying Brian,
Vanilla Townsperson,
was lynched on Day Three.

This leaves a 2-2 split between the Mafia and Town factions. Ergo,

Velzanath, VANILLA TOWNSPERSON, was endgamed on Day Three.
DaLetterEl, VANILLA TOWNSPERSON, was endgamed on Day Three.

A win condition has been achieved. The MAFIA faction of DeasVail (Mafia Goon) and Kirbyoshi (Mafia Rolecop) are victorious with a flawless victory. Congratulations!

Night actions, setup, QT links, and my thoughts will be in a subsequent post.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #510 (isolation #46) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Complete Setup:

Mafia Rolecop: kirbyoshi
Mafia Goon: DeasVail
Town-Aligned Cop: Fakinha
Town-Aligned Jailkeeper: sorgster
VTs: DaLetterEl, Shinki, LyingBrian, Velzanath, duckhunter4242

Dead QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/iKRL7EiCDnUiK

The mafia can release their QT if they so choose. Of course, I strongly encourage them to do so.

Night Actions:

Night One
DeasVail shoots sorgster (successful)
kirbyoshi rolecops Fakinha (successful, returns a "town-aligned cop" result)
Fakinha investigates LyingBrian (successful, returns a "not mafia-aligned" result)
sorgster jails LyingBrian (successful, though moot)

Night Two
DeasVail shoots Fakinha (successful)
kirbyoshi rolecops DLE for, and I quote, "the lulz"
Fakinha investigates DLE (successful, but Fakinha is killed)

Bullet point thoughts:

Never quite understood the "scumminess" of duck on D1, but may have been just me--says the fellow with complete knowledge of the setup.

DeasVail played a solid scumgame for a newbie.

Shinki's self-hammer was unnecessary unless she truly thought she couldn't be online between that time and the deadline later that night. To her credit, she called the scumteam, but whenever I am ICing a newbie game, I always STRONGLY discourage players from self-voting and especially self-hammering. Do. Not. Do. It. Period.

Velzanath's vote is a textbook example of why you don't quick vote in LyLo (and why LyLo is so much more difficult--your vote as a scumhunting tool is quite weakened).

Spells of inactivity hurt the town and allowed scum, especially kirby, to float on by.

A well played game by our scumteam. It was a pleasure to mod. Please feel free to offer me any feedback, good or bad, about my modding. I'll see y'all around!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”