Newbie 1170: DarthYoshi's Medieval Mafia! (Fin--Who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Newbie 1170: DarthYoshi's Medieval Mafia! (Fin--Who won?!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Newbie 1170: DarthYoshi’s Medieval Mafia!
Moderator: DarthYoshi
Backup Moderator: Nexus

You awaken to the sounds not of the usual cars and traffic bustling back and forth on the road, but of cattle mooing and guildsmen walking just outside your door. You get out of bed before realizing that in place of your mattress, you have a bed of straw and whatever else it is that peasants sleep on. In your uncaffeinated haze you wonder if you somehow got kidnapped by a traveling Renaissance Faire, but sadly, such a comically delightful adventure is not to be had this time. Rather, this medieval town you have surprisingly awoken to has been infiltrated by an evil guild that calls itself the Mafia. And as you learn all of this from the town crier, you realize why you mysteriously arrived here. You were sent here for a reason—to help rid this quaint little hamlet of its newfound Mafia problem.

Lucky you.

The Roster:

Shinki
Painkiller**
gamer
Velazanath
Fakinha
Duckhunter4242
Zemelo-Franko*
DeasVail
DaLetterEl*
Sorgster (SE)
Tim_hill1990
cjdrum*
kirbyoshi* (SE)
LyingBrian** (IC)

Bolded = confirmed
An asterisk denotes a prod

Semi-Experienced players have at least two finished MafiaScum.net games under their belt. Inexperience-Challenged players are players who are vetted by a site administrator and have at least five completed MafiaScum.net games under their belt. They are here to help teach the game. Their conduct is governed by the guidelines in the wiki article “Being a Good IC.”

Those Alive and Kicking:

DeasVail
kirbyoshi

Those Suffering from a Bad Case of Deadsies:

Duckhunter4242, Vanilla Townsperson, burned at the stake on Day One.
sorgster, Town-Aligned Jailkeeper, shot full of arrows on Night One.
Shinki, Vanilla Townsperson, lynched on Day Two.
Fakinha, Town-Aligned Cop, impaled on a pike on Night Two.
LyingBrian, Vanilla Townsperson, lynched on Day Three.
DaLetterEl, Vanilla Townsperson, endgamed on Day Three.
Velzanath, Vanilla Townsperson, endgamed on Day Three.

Those Smote by My Sith Lord Dinosaur Lightsaber (aka modkilled):

Nobody, and let's keep it that way.
Last edited by DarthYoshi on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:41 pm, edited 23 times in total.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

The Setup:

The 2of4 setup is a test game format we're trying out in newbie games to get around balance issues with the F11 setup. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these newbie games are semi-open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen as detailed below:
• 1 mafia role cop
• 1 mafia goon
• 5 townies
• 2 of the following with no duplicates possible:
o 1 town cop
o 1 town doctor
o 1 town jailkeeper
o 1 townie

Keep the following in mind:
1. The role cop has the option of submitting both the night kills and investigations, even when the goon is still alive. However, only the role cop may submit investigations.
2. Mafia must specify who is performing what night action when the actions are submitted!

Possible Role PMs:

MAFIA ROLECOP

Welcome, Player X. You are a MAFIA ROLECOP. Your buddy, Player Y, is a mafia goon. Together, you are trying to kill off the town, one by one. You have the following abilities:

-Post. You may post in the thread as much as you wish during the Day.

-Vote. During the Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched.

-Night Talk. During Night, you may communicate with your buddy in this QuickTopic: (link). You are not allowed to use the QuickTopic during the Day. You are not allowed to communicate privately with your buddy about this game outside of the QuickTopic. You may also communicate with your buddy in the QuickTopic for the first 48 real-life hours of the game.

-Factional Kill. Once per Night, one of you may notify the Moderator who you wish to kill that Night. You may do so either via PM or by writing your target’s name in bold type in the QuickTopic (ie, “Kill: Player Z”). Either you or your buddy may submit the kill. If you are successful, that player will die.

-Investigate. Once per Night, you (and only you) may notify the Moderator who you wish to investigate that Night. You may do so either via PM or by writing your target’s name in bold type in the QuickTopic (ie, “Role Cop: Player Z”). If you are successful, you will be returned a result of the player’s exact role (“Vanilla Townie, “Cop,” “Doctor,” or “Jailkeeper.”). If you are unsuccessful, you will receive a reply from the moderator stating as such. If you receive a result, it is guaranteed to be accurate. You may not investigate yourself or your buddy.

You win when the mafia equal or outnumber the town, or when nothing can prevent the same, even if you yourself are dead. Please confirm your participation in this game by posting “/confirm” in the game thread, which may be found here:

MAFIA GOON

Welcome, Player Y. You are a MAFIA GOON. Your buddy, Player X, is a mafia rolecop. Together, you are trying to kill the town off, one by one. You have the following abilities:

-Night Talk. During Night, you may communicate with your buddy in this QuickTopic: (link). You are not allowed to use the QuickTopic during the Day. You are not allowed to communicate privately with your buddy about this game outside of the QuickTopic. You may also communicate with your buddy in the QuickTopic for the first 48 real-life hours of the game.

-Factional Kill. Once per Night, one of you may notify the Moderator who you wish to kill that Night. You may do so either via PM or by writing your target’s name in bold type in the QuickTopic (ie, “Kill: Player Z”). Either you or your buddy may submit the kill. If you are successful, that player will die.

You win when the mafia equal or outnumber the town, or when nothing can prevent the same, even if you yourself are dead. Please confirm your participation in this game by posting “/confirm” in the game thread, which may be found here:

TOWN COP

Welcome, Player A. You are a TOWN COP. You have the following abilities:

-Investigate. Once per Night, you may submit to the Moderator via PM the name of a player you would like to investigate. If you are successful, you will receive a reply of either “Player Z is Mafia” or “Player Z is not Mafia.” If you are unsuccessful, you will receive a reply stating as such. If you receive a result, it is guaranteed to be accurate. You may not investigate yourself.

You win when the Mafia faction has been eliminated and at least one town-aligned player remains alive, even if you yourself are dead. Please confirm your participation in this game by posting “/confirm” in the game thread, which may be found here:

TOWN DOCTOR

Welcome, Player B. You are a TOWN DOCTOR. You have the following abilities:

-Protect. Once per Night, you may submit to the Moderator via PM the name of a player you would like to protect. If you are successful, that player will be immune from an attempt on their life that Night. You will not be informed if your protection was successful or not. You may not protect yourself.

You win when the Mafia faction has been eliminated and at least one town-aligned player remains alive, even if you yourself are dead. Please confirm your participation in this game by posting “/confirm” in the game thread, which may be found here:

TOWN JAILKEEPER

Welcome, Player C. You are a TOWN JAILKEEPER. You have the following abilities:

-Jail. Once per Night, you may submit to the Moderator via PM the name of a player you would like to jail. If you are successful, that player’s night actions (if any) will be unsuccessful, and attempts to kill that player (if any) will be unsuccessful. Attempts to investigate or protect the player will be successful. You may not jail yourself.

VANILLA TOWNIE

Welcome, Player D. You are a VANILLA TOWNIE. You have the following abilities:

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

The Rules (loosely based on Nexus’s ruleset):

General

1. BLUE is the Moderator’s color. Don’t try to impersonate me, you will regret it.
2. Please adhere to the site rules. This includes playing to your win condition.
3. Do not discuss this game outside of this thread unless your role PM allows you to.
4. Do not discuss or link to other ongoing games in this thread.
5. Day phases will have fixed three-week (21-day) deadlines.
6. Night phases will have three-day (72-hour) deadlines. At Night, this thread will be locked.
7. Any deadlines may be modified solely at the moderator’s discretion.
8. Thy Mod is thy God, blah blah blah…actually, the Mod is human, and the Mod may make mistakes (ITT, the Mod also refers to himself in the third person...). Please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes that can be reversed will be. Mistakes that cannot be reversed will be commiserated over during postgame.
9. Flavor is flavor. It is there to entertain you. Do us all a favor and don’t read anything into it.
10. If you have any questions about your role or the setup, please feel free to PM the moderator.

Voting:

1. All votes must look like this:
Vote: DarthYoshi
OR
Unvote. Vote: DarthYoshi.

2. To retract your vote without re-voting, simply post:
Unvote.

3. Any and all votes will be counted, but voting tricks are not acceptable. I will ask you to explicitly confirm a vote if necessary before it is added to the official vote count.
4. You may
Vote: No Lynch.
A majority “No Lynch” vote will send the game to Night.
5. A lynch will occur once a majority is reached amongst the living players. For an odd number of living players, a majority is 50% rounded up. For an even number of living players, a majority is 50% + 1 to lynch and 50% to no lynch. Once a majority is reached, the lynching is final and no amount of voting or unvoting will change it. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur, and the game shall go to Night.
6. Once a majority has been reached, the game enters twilight until I lock the thread and post the death scene. All players, including the one being lynched, may post content during twilight. Roles with night talk may not communicate until the death scene has been posted.

Activity:

1. Not confirming within 48 hours of the allocation of role PMs puts you at risk of replacement.
2. I expect you to post at least once every 72 hours. If you don't, you will get prodded. Prods will be announced in the game thread. If you do not respond to your prod within 24 hours, either in thread or via PM, I will replace you (unless you respond before a replacement is then found).
3. Similarly, if you get prodded three times, and require a fourth, I shan't bother with the fourth prod, instead simply replacing you.
4. If you need to declare a period of vacation/limited access (“V/LA”), simply post the dates you will be gone in bold in the thread. That time will not count towards your prod deadline. If excessively long or frequent V/LA’s are taken, you may be asked by the mod to replace out.

Mechanics:

1. Please confirm PM receipt in thread. Once 8 of 9 players have confirmed, the game will begin.
2. Do not edit your posts, and do not use small, encrypted, invisible, or hard to read text.
3. Do not quote PM's from the moderator (including QTs and timestamps) or cookies-based information (such as “Last Visited the Site”). Paraphrasing PM’s from the mod is acceptable.
4. To communicate with the Mod, PM me or write in bold in this thread so that I’ll see it.
5. When you die, you no longer get to post or vote in this game. The dead do not speak.
6. All night actions will be resolved in this order: Jail, Protect/Investigate/Rolecop, Kill.
7. My rule is final. I also reserve the right to add, change or remove rules at my discretion. I will, of course, let you know if/when I do.
8. Violating any of these rules may subject you to sanctions, up to and including involuntary replacement or being modkilled. Being modkilled means that you die, and your win condition is retroactively changed to 3rd Party Survivor, so you automatically lose. A town modkill ends the Day and sends the game to Night. A scum modkill does not end the Day.
9. The complete setup and a full record of night actions will be released at the game’s conclusion. Feedback is both welcome and encouraged at that time.
10. Finally, and most importantly, THIS IS A GAME. I will NOT tolerate personal insults, slurs, and attacks. First time gets you a warning. Second time (or first, depending on the severity) gets you involuntarily replaced. So, play nice, play civilly, play to win, and have fun.

This game has a day start. Day One will begin when 8 of 9 players have confirmed their participation in this thread. No votes will be counted before then, but feel free to chatter.
Last edited by DarthYoshi on Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

The roles have been randomly drawn and allocated, and Role PMs are now being sent in the order of the roster in the OP. Once all Role PMs are out, this thread will be unlocked.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

All Role PMs have been released. All players have until 7:00 pm, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-7) on Monday, October 3, to confirm in.

Unlocking the thread now.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Shinki »

/confirm
Painkiller
Painkiller
Townie
Painkiller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Painkiller »

/confirm
DaLetterEl
DaLetterEl
Townie
DaLetterEl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by DaLetterEl »

/confirm
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by Fakinha »

/confirm
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by sorgster »

/confirm
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
duckhunter4242
duckhunter4242
Townie
duckhunter4242
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by duckhunter4242 »

/confirm
League of Legends Professional- add me Bubba Larson
CoD Professional XBL- gamertag xMrBigHossx
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:19 am

Post by LyingBrian »

/confirm

vote: DarthYoshi
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:23 am

Post by LyingBrian »

unvote

if i'm reading the rules correctly, Day One should have started when duckhunter4242 confirmed, so:

vote: sorgster

his title says he's Mafia, so who am i to disagree?
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:34 am

Post by sorgster »

Vote duckhunter

I don't want dead ducks.
Marathon Game record
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:49 am

Post by Shinki »

Ahm... isn't it better if you guys wait for the moderator to begin the game?
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:40 am

Post by sorgster »

He said votes before than won't be counted but feel free to chatter so there isn't anything wrong with that.
Marathon Game record
Zemelo-Franko
Zemelo-Franko
Townie
Zemelo-Franko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:46 am

Post by Zemelo-Franko »

/confirm
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:50 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

With 8 of 9 players confirmed in, Day One begins now!

No votes have been counted. The deadline is currently set for 9:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-7) on Sunday, October 23.

Any questions or concerns, please let me know!
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:56 am

Post by sorgster »

Vote LyingBrian

Lynch all liars :P
Marathon Game record
Zemelo-Franko
Zemelo-Franko
Townie
Zemelo-Franko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:09 am

Post by Zemelo-Franko »

random.org tells me to vote for person #4, so
Vote: Duckhunter4242
. Won't somebody think of the ducklings?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:53 am

Post by Shinki »

VOTE: Painkiller

He got a gun, I don't like it.
DaLetterEl
DaLetterEl
Townie
DaLetterEl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:10 am

Post by DaLetterEl »

I must say that that was the most dry pregame I have ever been to during my entire time in college.

Anyway hi peoples!!!!!!

So I read a little bit of games before, and usually it seems that someone asks a series of random questions to get people talking? Forgive me if i am doing this too soon, if you
really
want to get a random vote out there.

1. U MAF?????
2. ASL?????? (honestly, location is probably the only important thing so that we can sort of have an idea of when people will post, but I'd like to get to know who I'm playing with, too. Maybe we can become friends!)
3. What is your first language?
4. What is your previous mafia experience?
5a. How would you describe your mafia play style? Do you like making long posts or short ones? Do you consider yourself aggressive or passive? Stuff like that.
5b. Barring knowing about a typical play-style, what kind of personality are you? Saying your myers-briggs or something could be cool, iunno.
6. What is your favorite color?
7. If you had to make a semi-random pick for who would be lynched today simply from their username, who would it be?
8. Favorite Sport, and favorite team in said sport? If you dislike sports, then...um...what is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
9. What is something cool about yourself that the above questions did not address?

Anyway HELLO! I am Da Letter El.

1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOPE
2. M/19/New Orleans, USA. (That is CST, aka GMT -6). GO SAINTS
3. Mi primera lengua es Ingles. (I am taking spanish in college and probably still messed that up xD)
4. I never really played semi-serious, no outside contact sorts of games until about 8 months ago maybe. Since then, I played a little bit of epicmafia, and participated in 2-3 forum games which involved a decent bit of scumhunting. Played a lot of games on a pokemon site (haters gon hate), but they have outside contact, and the games really are totally different there to the point of sort of ceasing to be mafia.
5a. When I post, I typically post a lot, and due to a general interest in theory and philosophy, will often philosophize about set-ups and the like in games where that is warranted. Here, due to the rotational nature of the roles, it seems less important to do so, as we can't ever really be sure of things like that. Not usually very aggressive, but I've always wanted to try being aggressive, so who knows, I might try it this game. Figure out a style that works for me and all that jazz.
5b. Pretty much the definition of INTP. I would hyperlink http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTP but I am tired of trying to work the URL button on this website. I typically like joking around online, though, so often times I may switch between being super srs face to borderline trollin'. But of course I wouldn't troll anyone on this site ^^.
6. Red
7. Zemelo-Franko. I have my eyes on you, Carmelo Anthony.
8. Basketball. I am a Lakers' fan by blood; living your entire adolescent life in Los Angeles does that to you :x
I'm the best
I love a good debate; I did a bunch of policy debate in high school, and that's probably the reason I post too much text online sometimes. But most importantly, as a result of my policy debate experience, I can rap really really fast =o

Oh and before I forget, VOTE: duckhunter4242 because my name is DuckDuckPwn on a video game I play religiously. Don't need a DUCK HUNTER hunting the DUCK.

Survival of the fittest boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:17 am

Post by Shinki »

Oh wow. O:
That's interesting, I'll surely reply properly when I get home :wink:
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Fakinha »

I'll put that on spoiler because it is offtopic and big. No problem with the offtopic, but it's a unnecesary wall of text. I like questionaries so I answered :)
Spoiler: Questionary of DaLetterEl
1 - I'm town :D
2 - M/20/Rio de Janeiro Brazil. Do me a favor and don't start with "UEHAUEHAUHEBRBRBRBR". I think it is GMT-3, dunno.
3 - That's a stupid question, lol. My mother language is Portuguese-BR.
4 - I played some mafia within brazilian foruns and since people play pretty bad and is pretty boring there, I went here. I moded (and am currently moding) some mafias on the other forum.
5a - I'm seme.
5b - I'm seme. But I'm lazy.
6 - White.
7 - LyingBrain. C'on, lying is bad and scum.
8 - I love basketball and ping-pong, but I sleep and read manga, basicaly.
9 - I play C-Ryougi.

Now to the RVS VOTE: Shinki
Cuz she's a Makai goddess and scums came from hell.
tim_hill1990
tim_hill1990
Goon
tim_hill1990
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by tim_hill1990 »

confirm

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”