J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by J »

I don't really care for meta because I find it as weak reasoning for things. I mean it can be used for like a sprinkling on things but not fully what a case is about.

Plus I've been burned by meta before and it's just too wonky to even consider credible.
User formerly known as [J].
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:54 am

Post by J »

Wow RVS disappeared faster than I thought. o_O

DJ, what do you like about Slandaar which calls for the buddying/joke posts? What is your take on what is happening between the three (Slan/DV/PFoD)?
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:23 am

Post by J »

In post 60, Slandaar wrote:J, why didn't you include sken and call it 'the four'?

Reason I didn't include Sken is because I didn't really think of her when it was going between you 3 as you+DV vs. PFoD when he voted DV. She didn't seem like that big a factor.

@DJ: o_o wooooooow that was a lot more then I was expecting and thank you ever so much for that much stuff. I get your train of thought now and I actually do agree to a lot of your post. Then combined on top of PFoD's defense against your post does not sit well with me.

Unvote
Vote: Painted Face of Death

PFoD, look at your wagon and give me an analysis of it so far. Who is scummy on it?
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:58 am

Post by J »

Can you explain that Slandaar thing soon because that seems entirely random. Alsoooo why the call-out to Sken? You basically called everyone who is having a current convo with you scum-picks so I would like more insight as to why sooner rather than later.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:01 am

Post by J »

@My last post: That was directed at DV, I forgot to make that known so apologies. x_X

In post 62, Painted Face of Death wrote:Seriously? It's under Sken's avatar, just like all the other gender tags. I don't think you missed it, I think you're trying to stir up trouble. This is pretty shady right there.

This is the part that was unsettling to me because it is a really bad point to try and make someone scummy for not recognizing gender of a player. You accuse him of doing it on purpose to make you look worse.

Within the rest of the post, you don't really fend off DJ but more or less qualify what he has brought up against you which is why I don't like it. It's not really a solid defense.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:04 am

Post by J »

Whoa wait a second, PFoD, how can you not understand any reasoning behind the wagon on you?
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:07 am

Post by J »

Idk why haha. That's kind of the point of the question. =P
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:20 am

Post by J »

Personally, I am having a hard time seeing DV as scum really with the way his posts are going.

So DV, to make it clear, you feel Slandaar is manipulating you in a way that looks scummy to you?
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:27 am

Post by J »

That was me who asked about Sken I recall. Anyways thank you for your reasoning on Slandaar. So it's gut what you feel about Slandaar. At the moment, my read on Slandaar is null-leaning town. Nothing concrete but I don't mind what he is posting/doing as of late.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by J »

I actually agree with a Monk push after his posts w.r.t. Sken.

Still feeling Paint>Monk though.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by J »

I
really really really
dislike the Sken wagon and will probably never jump on there this game without a cop guilty on her. I have too strong of a town-read of her and I doubt much will budge it at the current time. How are people reading her as scum, I haven't the slightest.

Guttersnipe, why are you voting Sken? I thought you said previously that you like to keep your vote close to your chest (which isn't a problem in my opinion, everyone plays their own way) but then after a few posts from her you suddenly change without any rationale behind it. You had more of a rationale not to vote but now that has gone out the window. Can you explain that to me?

@Rest of wagon: Are you looking at the intent behind Sken's posts? Entertain the thought that she is town before you auto-assume that she is scum based on what you read. Her intent is really towny.

Unvote
Vote: Fennin

Your reasoning against Metabot is ick ick ick to me. You are voting him for a word contortion you created by putting words into his mouth in an almost joking matter. You go the entire post saying stuff about how Sken is the person of interest, addresse a few odd posts but don't do much of anything with them. You also say that you would like to hear more from Metabot.....where are the questions to help that? It seems counter-productive to say you want more from him but just leave it at that. What exactly do you wanna hear from him? I don't like that little stick it to him you did based on "Since you are not on V/LA you should answer me."
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by J »

*Point to those saying they don't like defending people*

I will defend people I believe are town and not push their lynch and the like because town does work as a collective team to find scum. Also based on interactions with other players, even defending, you can find scum through that. Plus idk, I just have just as much fun defending as I do prosecuting those I believe are scum. *shrug* I don't see a problem with it in my year of playing mafia.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by J »

I said I don't ever wanna vote her and it is a bit strange but I have a really good town read on her I believe. I have a very very strong will to not lynch those I think are town. xP

What makes me think she is town is the stuff she is saying like, "If I like PFoD and he does flip town I'm gonna be in even more suspicion and I don't want that." and the lines of "Lynch PFoD and if he does flip scum, then fine you can lynch me and I will be okay." If I remember correctly, she has less experience then others? Her points are a bit waffly but it is more of a town intent than a scum-intent especially with the way she has been responding to the pressure on her and the way she has approached the PFoD wagon. I don't see much scum-intent from her posts but an almost bellicose amount of town-intent.

Since you seem to know her the best, what is your read on her?

I have to bring up something else cuz it's bugging me about how some events transpired.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by J »

Guttersnipe, to add onto what I had asked you:

In post 106, Guttersnipe wrote:I swear to God Painted, I want to see you hanged just for being irrational. When someone says something against you your immediate response is to claim suspicion of that person (though in the most recent case with Skenvoy it seems a lot more like conscious distancing), and in addition to that you are unable (or unwilling) to realise that the whole issue of whether DeasVail's original reasoning for voting Sken was reasonable or not is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT, and so you KEEP BRINGING IT BACK UP, which is, as far as I can tell, only a good thing to do if you want to waste a lot of people's time (which, imo, is a scum thing to do). When people explain why they think you are suspicious, you seemingly inevitably misconstrue what they are saying and claim that they are misrepresenting you or whatever, and then when nobody agrees with you you're surprised, as though it never occurs to you that it could be
your
reasoning that is flawed.

On that note, Don John's post was excellent. Every problem you pointed out in #62 is based entirely on your own, personal conviction that DV must be scum because he was suspicious of you, and on reason not at all. It's true that no one really called you out and proved your irrationality on each point, but despite that the fact that you now strut around assuming that it's granted that his post was "scummy" is at best irresponsible and at worst malign.

In short it's hard for me to get a read on you because I have difficulty telling the difference between intentionally irrational evil and the irrationality of people who can only experience a self-centered, emotionally coloured perspective, but either way I'm not happy.

Skenvoy: I tend not to vote a lot - is that a thing on this site? I guess the idea would be that scum wouldn't want to leave a trail of votes that could later be analysed to their detriment...? Or is it also that scum would be nervous of putting themselves out on a limb and would therefore wish to gauge reactions before committing to a solid vote?

Ha, regarding that last one, what do you think of this?

"I still suspect DV and I'm going to wait and see what responses I get before changing my vote."

Here you give us a pretty largess post on why you would vote PFoD and how you don't vote a lot. The reasoning behind it seems really genuine and I understand why but you seem pretty wanting to vote PFoD as your biggest candidate at the moment. However then you do this;

In post 117, Guttersnipe wrote:
vote: Skenvoy

And it seems topsy turvy. You voted Skenvoy out of the blue with a literal zero reasoning behind it and I would have expected a PFoD vote over this based on your last posts so it seems odd and misplaced. Especially considering your attitude towards your vote.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:16 pm

Post by J »

I haven't called GS's actions scummy but I am pointing out that I think it's a little contradictory to what he is said so I'd like answer to it.

DV, what do you think of Fennin?
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by J »

In post 127, DeasVail wrote:hmm, my read on Skenvoy at the moment is leaning scum, but I think I could be getting caught up and not paying enough attention to those who aren't in the limelight. I'm very inexperienced, so don't trust my read on her just because I know her. However, the reasons you think skenvoy is town, do not alter my read.

In my opinion, you're making too big a deal out of guttersnipe's actions.

I am really comfortable with calling DV town as much as I am Sken after this post. His line of saying that he is getting caught up with not knowing those who are not in the limelight and that he is inexperienced so his read on her should not be that trusted rings as town being more open with their train of thought and the fact that town.

However, I had a town-read on DV to begin with so this just strengthens it. ^^"

Moving on until I get more from others.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #17) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by J »

By trying to find flaws in my logic for why I have a
town
read on you makes me love you as town.

So DV, your scum-reads remain in PFoD/Slandaar correct?
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by J »

Yay I landed in the top 5. My I ask as to why? Can I also ask about Metabot and why DJ is so low?
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #19) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by J »

Ooooh well I guess that makes sense. However, I do acquire stronger town reads than scum-reads especially on D1 so I feel that may be a discrepancy as to how I play.

Well DJ being 3rd in a game of 13 does not rank high in any manner. xD Okay, if you can't understand DJ's vote on Sken, tell me how you understand Gutter's yet have him so high of a null-leaning town read?

Can you explain more into Metabot and his weird wording?
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #20) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by J »

I'm gonna make this known sooner rather than later.

I will be V/LA all of this coming week from Monday (the 7th) to Sunday(the 13th).
I am doing hell week for my theatre show I'm in so I won't be able to post much with hours of 6am-9pm at school. I am sorry if this is an inconvenience but I will try to post when I can. ^^ Have a busy week filled with my b-day, first school lead, and other things.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #21) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by J »

That's really WIFOMy, Sken, and a bit too paranoid. @_@

So you feel DJ's reasoning was a bit forced whereas Gutter's came more natural based on the flow of Sken?

And thank you very much!
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #22) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by J »

Have you two came from like a very scary/untrusting past of something where you two were burned by a game? o.o

I'm seen paranoia and distrust amongst other players but you two are making a new record for me which is amusing and fun to see because I haven't seen players like you two before. Soooo DV, you don't know where to put DJ because you have yet to hear an explanation so you put him below stronger reads because you don't have much else from him?
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #23) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by J »

Couldn't really good town have really good town reads as well?

Welp, I guess I'll have to win your guy's trust a bit harder than I do others. I like a challenge though. :D

How is the double-standard scummy Sken?
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #24) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by J »

Sken, just call me J. =P Everyone else does and I hate how people have to type those brackets. It's just they need 3 "letters" to make the username sooo yeah.

I agree to your point but I feel that it could go either way. I mean, I know what I am so I am biased to the fact that if you two are town, then I just am good town reading town. (Though being able to read town isn't necessarily as helpful as finding scum because there are much more of them then scum).
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #25) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:05 am

Post by J »

In post 150, Skenvoy wrote:You're 'biased'? How do you mean? You said this earlier (how you didn't think you'd vote me at any stage in the game) - is it a pride thing? If I (or Deas) became really scummy over the next few days, would your 'bias' prevent you from recognizing or admitting it?

Biased as in I know that I am town so I only know I am really good town if I have guessed you and DV correctly. =P

If you and DV start acting really scummy I would go after you possibly. My bias isn't pride, but it's the fact that I have really strong town vibes from you two at the moment.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #26) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:29 am

Post by J »

I feel really weird that I can only recall a few people in this game. It seems to just be myself/DV/Sken/Slandaar/PFoD doing most of the talking with comments from Gutter/DJ/Meta commentary.

I think more people need to post to move this game further.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #27) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by J »

@Noramp: Nope, no one has really answered me on the Sken case.

Slandaar, what do you wonder about me?
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:14 am

Post by J »

Wow I have the exact same opinion of you too Slandaar.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #29) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by J »

Just posting while I'm still awake to say a quick thing or two. In DV vs. IS, I'd lynch IS over DV at the current time.

Every single one of DW's posts are coming off as null to me and I just can't get a solid foundation on that slot,. DW, you say in your last post you find PFoD and DJ scummy based on points they have both brought up against each other. You say you are leaning PFoD in this as scum, is this still the case? What points specifically do you like against DJ?

Why aren't people voting Fennin? MB is leaning-town and so is Noramp at the current time.

I'll try and go into more detail when I am available. Thank you all for being considerate of my V/LA! ^^
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #30) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:56 am

Post by J »

I wasn't saying that it was going to come down to an IS vs. DV thing but I was merely talking about their conversation these two have been having. IS is seeming gung-ho on it while DV is more joking it off. I'm not making a choice of it, moreso than just me thinking out loud. =P

Why are people not voting Fennin more? Look at his last post please. He says Sken is the one that has been trying to get attention dragged to him. That is false. The person who started making eyes at Fennin were myself because of a couple of reasons I stated, however, he calls out Sken. She also has a current wagon on her and his reasoning just looks like a hop-on with some OMGUS hate in there. He also says that the main targets "Painted/Sken/DJ" are all his scum-picks......does anyone else find it a little odd that they are all the same as everyone else's scum-picks. He has all his options open for a lynch at the current time if looking at the bandwagons and the conversation of the thread. Even his town-reads match with consensus being that of DV and Slandaar. I also don't get why he finds DJ or Painted scummy in that post, yet he still has them as scum-reads.

I really want Fennin to go toDay. ^^
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #31) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:20 am

Post by J »

I'm not voting you because you were an inactive/lurker nor have I ever voted you for that reason.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:22 am

Post by J »

DV, that is over half the player-list. o_O"

Why do you support DW/MB/DJ? I thought you also said IS was null to you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”