Title Fairy: Abuse of Mooglepower!

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Matias »

I never saw Parama say that he would accept a title, ever.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 2554, shaft.ed wrote:Nominate Matias for
My Previous Username was Stupid, but this One's Cool...Right?
2nd.

I pop my head in here every once in a while because I <3 Oman, and while I mostly never have much worthwhile to say, DH/Matias asking for his old title doesn't really settle right with me.

While I understand the sentiment of wanting the title you received with your old username, it's weird that you're, like...literally pushing for people to
either
give you your old title back,
or give you a new one

Something's just funny about the asking for it, since undoubtedly you received your title for a reason, and with your continued contribution to the thread, it was bound to come back eventually...almost seems like an ultimatum... Being given a title is supposed to be considered an honor, and here it sounds like you're making it a right. =/

I do agree with you about not bugging Parama about a title, though. He obviously doesn't want one and it's dumb to INSIST on continuing suggestions that just clutter up the thread. I actually like seeing what people come up with, but that's just silly.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:29 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2576, singersigner wrote:
I pop my head in here every once in a while because I <3 Oman, and while I
mostly
never have much worthwhile to say, DH/Matias asking for his old title doesn't really settle right with me.

Grey says you misspelled "always".
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:59 pm

Post by Matias »

In post 2554, shaft.ed wrote:Nominate Matias for
My Previous Username was Stupid, but this One's Cool...Right?
2nd.

I pop my head in here every once in a while because I <3 Oman, and while I mostly never have much worthwhile to say, DH/Matias asking for his old title doesn't really settle right with me.

While I understand the sentiment of wanting the title you received with your old username, it's weird that you're, like...literally pushing for people to
either
give you your old title back,
or give you a new one

Something's just funny about the asking for it, since undoubtedly you received your title for a reason, and with your continued contribution to the thread, it was bound to come back eventually...almost seems like an ultimatum... Being given a title is supposed to be considered an honor, and here it sounds like you're making it a right. =/

I do agree with you about not bugging Parama about a title, though. He obviously doesn't want one and it's dumb to INSIST on continuing suggestions that just clutter up the thread. I actually like seeing what people come up with, but that's just silly.

I didn't mean for it to come off that way, but TBM's suggestion was pretty awesome and the quality lately has been extremely lacking, it'd be embarrassing to be one of those people to have 50 titles suggested for, yet have no resolution

while I don't view having my new title as being a right, I feel like it would kill much unneeded discussion on stupid puns regarding new usernames if the simple solution of moving my old title to this new username was implemented. either that, or people better have damn good names to suggest. it's easy to embarrass other people through their own embarrassment and I'd rather avoid that.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2569, Parama wrote:Any post containing anything resembling the following:

Nominate Parama for <title>

should result in a permanent ban from the site
agree?
*insert obligatory nomination of Parama for the title of "<title>" here* :P

On a more serious note,

Flay wrote:Nominate Matias for Just Two More Things...
I like this.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:54 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 2577, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
I pop my head in here every once in a while because I <3 Oman, and while I
mostly
never have much worthwhile to say, DH/Matias asking for his old title doesn't really settle right with me.

Grey says you misspelled "always".

Your incessant nagging for Oman to give you your title was rude and annoying enough,
(EDIT: Apparently not as incessant as I thought) but what the fuck was that for?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:59 am

Incessant nagging?

Um, why don't you show me where I once bugged Oman to implement my title. Once.

I have posts that discuss a potential title for me (and complimenting Oversoul on his idea).

Then, I have a post where I explain to Oman the reasoning behind the title (at his request).

Then I have 1. Count it ONE post where it MIGHT POSSIBLY be construed as bugging Oman IF YOU SQUINT REAL HARD. It was after Oman said that he didn't see anything wrong with my title and would likely implement it. I simply stated I was excited for it.

My next post is me THANKING OMAN for when he implemented it. Never once do I ask him to do it, never once do I ask when it's getting done. I never did the thing you suggested, good sir.

Please get your facts straight before you bring this shit to me, thanks!

As for Singer, she was being RATHER RUDE to DH, and Grey had something he wanted to say. -shrug-

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:01 am

Oh but by ALL MEANS Quilford, show me where I nagged incessantly about wanting my title.

Come on, show me the hard evidence to backup your bullshit claim that was clearly made up on the fly as an insult to throw at me in your rapid defense of Singer.

(It's also funny you would accuse me of that because I deliberately made a point never to ask Oman about my title or bug him about it, because this thread in itself is enough of a burden for him without being being clogging the pipes whining about their titles. We had enough of that with RC in this thread.)

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:23 am

Post by Quilford »

Spoiler:
In post 2580, Quilford wrote:(EDIT: Apparently not as incessant as I thought) but what the fuck was that for?

My post, edited before your post (hence the lack of an edit timestamp).

November 13th, 2011, 10:59 pm

The time of your post.

Now let's go on to talk about the idiocy of your posts.
In post 2581, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:As for Singer, she was being RATHER RUDE to DH, and Grey had something he wanted to say. -shrug-

1) DH did come off rather strongly as demanding either his old title or a new one. It wasn't just singer.
2) Funny that you, thinking Singer was being "RATHER RUDE" to DH, decided to be "RATHER RUDE" to Singer. EDIT: Not to mention singer wasn't being rude AT ALL.

In post 2582, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:your bullshit claim that was clearly made up on the fly as an insult to throw at me in your rapid defense of Singer.

Just like your petty insult that you threw at Singer in your defense of DH?

In post 2582, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:(It's also funny you would accuse me of that because I deliberately made a point never to ask Oman about my title or bug him about it, because this thread in itself is enough of a burden for him without being being clogging the pipes whining about their titles. We had enough of that with RC in this thread.)

And then you go on to assume that I have knowledge which I don't. Funny that you talk about clogging the pipes and go on to post a silly insult and two posts whining about my justified outrage.

What's even funnier is that you dedicate two posts into ripping into my claim which I redacted even before you posted them instead of apologising for your cheap shot for which you are clearly in the wrong.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:27 am

Post by Oman »

In post 2581, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:As for Singer, she was being RATHER RUDE to DH, and Grey had something he wanted to say. -shrug-

Who is Grey that I keep hearing about?

And no she wasn't being rude, she was being accurate. She has posted the closest to how I feel about the issue so far.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:28 am

Post by Quilford »

That would be GreyICE, I think.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:31 am

DH had done nothing wrong, other than be guilty of having a discussion in this thread. I didn't see anything wrong with him asking either to remain as he was or have his old title back. Singer's post tearing into hm for something he
wasn't even doing
was rather rude.

Beyond that point, the mere fact that what DH was asking really was none of her business to complain about, was irritating.

P-Edit: That would be GreyICE, my boyfriend who is visiting with me (and was looking over my shoulder at the time).

I thought she was being rude, but really the issue was that it's Oman's job to say stuff like that, not hers. :V

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:42 am

Post by Oman »

Actually, this is a discussion forum. I just moderate and make decisions. Singer was perfectly within her rights, and now you are the person who is hassling someone who has done nothing wrong.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:57 am

Post by Parama »

Holy superman in a baseball uniform tapdancing to finnish techno backwards.

What the hell is happening here?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:04 am

Post by Neruz »

DRAMA!
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:56 am

Post by kiwieagle »

Yeah

I agree with Oman
Not never dead.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:52 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Nominate yabbaguy for (O)ptimized
because of the (O)ptimize game series and the fact that yabbaguy is an amazing mod/host.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:53 am

Post by CSL »

I'll
second
that.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:30 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Third
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

and
nth
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Matias »

singer and I are actually really good friends. don't fight my battles for me, thanks, LLD.
My GTKAS
My old account
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Max »

As far as I feel about the subject a title is associated with a character.
Matias is a different character to DemonHybrid so we should wait until something happens with the new account.

As for the optimized. Is the "(O)" necessary. I think it's just forcing the issue. I think if you weren't going to get it before you wouldn't with the (O).
So I suggest
Optimized
without the brackets.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:19 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 2596, Max wrote:As far as I feel about the subject a title is associated with a character.
Matias is a different character to DemonHybrid so we should wait until something happens with the new account.

As for the optimized. Is the "(O)" necessary. I think it's just forcing the issue. I think if you weren't going to get it before you wouldn't with the (O).
So I suggest
Optimized
without the brackets.

The title of the thread is (O)ptimize. OF COURSE the (O) is necessary if we're going to reference the game.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:20 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 2591, animorpherv1 wrote:
because of the (O)ptimize game series and the fact that yabbaguy is an amazing mod/host.
Is this one game, or a set of games?

(I only ask because to me, titles are something of an ongoing theme with a person, and if someone makes an impact with the one TOTALLYAMAZINGTHING I have a hard time seeing it as title worthy)

I have heard good things about Yabbaguy's modding, though. Could it be tweaked to reflect his ownership of the game's he's modded in that reoccurring theme?

Spoiler: re: DH's DRAMALLAMAs...
It wasn't meant to be an attack. The first post he made about it might've sufficed (even a PM would've accomplished the same thing), but to go on twice more acting like he was saving the thread from its own destruction seemed pushy ("and now to get the thread back on topic i.e. about me"). I apologize if that offended Matias. It wasn't supposed to be aimed
at him
, just the premise that it was setting for future potential title holders.
(A lot of why scumchat hates titles now is because they don't hold the same honor as they used to, and it seems silly to have one that means so much, next to one that's superficial)

Again, I, by no means, meant any disrespect to Matias. It was just a precedent I didn't wish to have set, but if people disagree with that, then they disagree.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:22 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 2598, singersigner wrote:
In post 2591, animorpherv1 wrote:
Is this one game, or a set of games?

(I only ask because to me, titles are something of an ongoing theme with a person, and if someone makes an impact with the one TOTALLYAMAZINGTHING I have a hard time seeing it as title worthy)

It's a series of games in one (well, two now) threads.

Return to “Player Titles”