Art/Style jobs

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Art/Style jobs

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:04 am

Post by mith »

This topic is going to serve three different purposes to start with, which might get split off into separate topics at some point. Here they are...

T-shirts
- I've been considering selling mafiascum.net t-shirts for some time, and while that's nowhere near finalized, we need to come up with some designs.

Design Guidelines
- Copyright images and text are not allowed; any images or quotes should be original. Other than that, submit whatever you like. If you just have an idea, but can't draw, that's fine too, we can always have someone else do the artwork (or, if you want to work with someone who can do art, even better); likewise, if you're just interested in doing the artwork for someone else's idea, let me know that too (preferably with samples of previous work).

Submitting Designs
- Final designs should be emailed to me. At some point, we will have some "finalists" presented to the community to gauge interest. Feel free to bounce ideas off each other in-thread, just remember to email me about anything you want considered (if there's something incredible that someone posts and I don't hear from them, I may track them down myself, but it's easier for me if I don't have to).

Cards
- We're a bit further on this than the t-shirts.

List of Cards
- I will make a final decision on the number and types of cards at some point in the future (I've already made one such deck, so I have that as a starting point). If you have any suggestions/requests, feel free to let me know.

Card Layout/Back
- We'll want a standard design for all the cards; matching backs, and possibly some sort of frame around the card text and card art (possibly not). Suggestions should be PMed or emailed to me.

Card Art
- We'll need card art for each role (possibly even different card art for each card, depending on how we set it up). For consistentcy I would prefer that the same artist (or small group of artists) is responsible for all card art. If you are interested in this job, I would like you to send samples of how you would do the following roles: Mafia, Townie, Cop. As with everything else, images should be original; do not send me anything with copyrighted material.

Site Design
- Details later.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:52 am

Post by mith »

I'm not even entirely sure who made the mafiascum logo (I assume you mean the forum one; the one on the front page is certainly useable). They look like found images though, and unless we can find the original sources to determine that they are public domain, we're probably better off not using them for something commercial.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:34 am

Post by mith »

I'd prefer the background were a bit darker (if not just solid black). That, or make the images bigger (don't notice so much in the current logo, because there's not as much background space). I like the revolver, though.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #19 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:14 pm

Post by mith »

does it make ANY sense to have the logo vary in tint based on what usertheme you've got set (I think that's possible)?
Not sure what you mean... we only use this logo for Sepia. If we make other themes (which I hope will happen, but is very low priority at the moment), we'll probably make completely different logos for them.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:26 pm

Post by mith »

Oh, I thought phpBB was still using the crappy phpBB logo. I should pay more attention. :)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Mon May 01, 2006 8:29 am

Post by mith »

No problem, I'm going through the same thing. :)

Return to “News”