Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Mafia 2

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 27, 2002 10:11 pm

Post by groza528 »

THE GAME IS OVER. FIBONACCIS WIN.

The Fibonacci Family has managed to keep this small suburb of Sicily fairly peaceful for many years.  At first they asked for a little money to pay for protection, then a little more, and the town could put up with that.
However then the Avogadros came to town.  Unlike the Fibonaccis they wanted a lot of money very quickly- 6.022x10^23 lira to be exact  There was no way the town could pay that.
The Avogadros threatened to kill members of the town one by one until the price was paid.  The town got very angry, and decided they would no longer live under Mafia rule, Fibonacci or Avogadro.
Of course the Fibonaccis and Avogadros cannot accept this, and both decided independently to start killing members of the town.
Tonight.

players:
jeep (replaced AFKADuke)
Mike Amok (replaced Dethwing)

Dead:
Dragon Phoenix- cop, killed by Fibonaccis
Soothsayer- townie, killed by Avogadros
The Master- Fibonacci Mafia, lynched by town
MiriYami- Avogadro Mafia, killed by Fibonaccis
Beaudoin- cop, killed by Avogadros
pikachamp- townie, lynched by town
Antrax- Mason, killed by Fibonaccis and Avogadros
JDTAY- Avogadro Mafia, lynched by town
Mike Amok- townie, killed by Avogadros
Porro- Avogadro Mafia, lynched by town
Neo- Doctor, killed by Avogadros
Corsato-Mason, killed by Fibonaccis (see post 284)
Sketchwick- Fibonacci Mafia, killed by vigilante
mole- cop, lynched by town
Zealot- cop, killed by swift blade of the moderator for silence
Ocular Gold- Mason, killed by swift blade of the moderator for silence
Saberkitty- Vigilante, killed by swift blade of the moderator for absence
mith- Avogadro Mafia, killed by swift blade of the moderator for absence
IS - Fibonacci, killed by Avogadros
Polotet - Townie, killed by Fibonaccis
mikegoo - Avogadro, lynched unanimously
quercitron - Townie, killed by jeep and Mike Amok Fibonacci
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:43 pm, edited 11 times in total.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 29, 2002 3:08 am

Post by groza528 »

Sooth, is that a confirmation?As of this moment I have not received confirmations from the following people: Beaudoin, pika, Quercitron (hadn't received role- resent now), Soothsayer, and Zealot.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 29, 2002 3:09 am

Post by groza528 »

Sooth, is that a confirmation?As of this moment I have not received confirmations from the following people: Beaudoin, pika, Quercitron (hadn't received role- resent now), Soothsayer, and Zealot.seems like ISE's brother followed us Ikonboard CGI Error
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:06 am

Post by groza528 »

Soothsayer lay in bed after a long day of selling hot dogs, wondering what news (and customers) the next day would bring. ;Slowly he drifted to sleep, to dream about... well, nobody knows what he was dreaming about. ;The Avogadros put a bullet in his chest before he could wake up and tell anyone.Meanwhile, Dragon Phoenix was on the prowl seeking a potential Mafioso. ;He had been a police officer for years and captured many criminals, but tonight his record came to an end. ;As he searched around the outside of the house for incrimnating evidence, someone tapped him on the shoulder. ;He turned around and looked straight into the barrel of a revolver, owned by one of the Fibonaccis. ;-BANG-Dragon Phoenix (cop) and Soothsayer (townie) are dead. ;It is time to vote. ;12 needed to lynch.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 30, 2002 9:33 pm

Post by groza528 »

Mike Amok: 3 (Beaudoin, Neo, Ocular Gold)Internet Stranger: 2 (MiriYami, Saberkitty)OcularGold: 2 (JDTAY, mith)The Master: 2 (IS, Mike Amok)Beaudoin: 1 (AFKADuke)pika: 1 (Sketchwick)Saberkitty: 1 (quercitron)Yet to vote: 10 (Antrax, Corsato, Dethwing, mikegoo, mole, pika, Polotet, Porro, The Master, Zealot)MARKER
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #77 (isolation #5) » Fri May 03, 2002 4:13 am

Post by groza528 »

Mike Amok: 4 (AFKADuke, Corsato, Beaudoin, Ocular Gold)The Master: 4 (Antrax, IS, Mike Amok, mikegoo)Internet Stranger: 2 (MiriYami, The Master)OcularGold: 2 (JDTAY, mith)Beaudoin: 1 (mole)pika: 1 (Sketchwick)Saberkitty: 1 (quercitron)No vote: 7 (Dethwing, Neo, pika, Polotet, Porro, SaberKitty, Zealot)MARKERIt would be nice if y'all could make a decision...
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #97 (isolation #6) » Fri May 03, 2002 9:27 pm

Post by groza528 »

The Master: 11 (Antrax, IS, Mike Amok, mikegoo, MiriYami, mith, Neo, Polotet, Porro, quercitron, Saberkitty)Mike Amok: 3 (AFKADuke, Corsato, Beaudoin)Internet Stranger: 1 (The Master)OcularGold: 1 (JDTAY)Beaudoin: 1 (mole)pika: 1 (Sketchwick)No vote: 4 (Dethwing, Ocular Gold, pika, ;Zealot)One more vote would lynch The Master.MARKER
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #99 (isolation #7) » Fri May 03, 2002 10:15 pm

Post by groza528 »

And with Ocular Gold's vote, the Master reaches 12.The town knocks on the Master's door.  As he opens it, someone burly grabs him by the collar.  Time to die, scum, he said.  As he is hanging in the air a gun falls from the Master's pocket and clatters to the ground.  The town looks down at it, then glares at The Master, who has begun to whistle.The Master is dragged to the gallows and hanged by the angry town, just before sunset.The Master, Fibonacci Scum, has been lynched.  Please send night 2 choices.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #100 (isolation #8) » Fri May 03, 2002 10:16 pm

Post by groza528 »

And with Ocular Gold's vote, the Master reaches 12.The town knocks on the Master's door.  As he opens it, someone burly grabs him by the collar.  Time to die, scum, he said.  As he is hanging in the air a gun falls from the Master's pocket and clatters to the ground.  The town looks down at it, then glares at The Master, who has begun to whistle.The Master is dragged to the gallows and hanged by the angry town, just before sunset.The Master, Fibonacci Scum, has been lynched.  Please send night 2 choices.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #104 (isolation #9) » Sat May 04, 2002 12:01 am

Post by groza528 »

I can't see new posts, posting to see if that somehow fixes it for me.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #112 (isolation #10) » Sat May 04, 2002 8:15 am

Post by groza528 »

Thanks mith
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #115 (isolation #11) » Tue May 07, 2002 5:57 am

Post by groza528 »

Well, I was waiting for the server to go back up because it had been down the last two times I checked (just bad timing perhaps). ;Anyway, I do not have all choices, so I'm setting a deadline. ;You have until this time tomorrow to get your choices in, or you will do nothing for the night.Deadline: 8 May 2002, 180 GMT
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #117 (isolation #12) » Thu May 09, 2002 10:03 pm

Post by groza528 »

It hasn't been up continuously for me; in fact I've been having a great deal of problems with it.  Sorry about the delay everyone.  Maybe it was working continuously whlie France slept and it was primetime in the States.  But I'm back now, with deaths After an evening of work, the police office was having a late night funeral service for their comrade Dragon Phoenix.  Beaudoin was at the casket when a creak was heard.  Who's there? he asked, whirling around.  Unfortunately, all the police officers had deposited their guns at the door.  MiriYami Avogadro stepped out from the shadow and shot Beaudoin.The other cops ran for the door to get their guns, but found them to no longer be there.  So who's next? asked Miriyami, as the cops slowly raised there arms.  Another shot was heard, and MiriYami collapsed, courtesy of the Fibonaccis.Beaudoin (cop) and MiriYami (Avogadro Mafia) are dead. ;10 to lynch.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #137 (isolation #13) » Sat May 11, 2002 5:45 am

Post by groza528 »

Indeed that's the ten needed to lynch pika (who, incidentally, I was going to replace. ;I considered giving the slot to Dragon Phoenix so he could rub it in about pika not being an active player ; )Having not said a word day or night since the day began, pika is dragged to the gallows and hanged. ;The townspeople that dragged him there wondered whether he was already dead. ;Had they captured another Mafioso?No. ;He was only a townie.For the record: other silent players are not currently in danger of replacement. ;But pika never confirmed his role, at which point I probably should have immediately replaced him. ;Hindsight 20/20 they say.NIGHT 3 has begun.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #144 (isolation #14) » Sat May 18, 2002 10:19 pm

Post by groza528 »

I'm here. I need some people to resend choices, specifically those that PMed them. With the server switch all my PMs got erased. I have choices from both Mafia families and one other character, whom I shall PM to confirm receipt. Anyone else needs to resend.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #149 (isolation #15) » Tue May 21, 2002 4:13 am

Post by groza528 »

Yeah, I know. I'm sorry Neo and all, I'm still awaiting one choice and I honestly don't know what to do because it may or may not have been player error (not sure if it was PMed before the switch) In the interest of, well, keeping interest, I'll start the day. If the one person comes back s/he should email me and maybe we can work something out.

So without further ado...

Antrax of the Nameless Mason Lodge (unless they came up with a name and didn't tell me) was at the podium, delivering his speech. "I don't know how long it will take or what we'll have to do, but we must stop the Mafia at all costs. Both families!"
Instantly a gun was heard from somewhere behind. Antrax collapsed. Footsteps were heard running away. Antrax struggled to sit up, badly wounded. "Find out who that was!" he said, coughing up blood. "I at least want to know which family shot me before I die!"
Another gunshot was heard, and a bullethole appeared in Antrax's forehead. There was very little blood as he died.

Antrax has been shot by both Mafia families. Time to vote!
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #172 (isolation #16) » Fri May 24, 2002 8:32 am

Post by groza528 »

Neo: 1 (IS)
Ocular Gold: 1 (Quercitron)
Porro: 1 (Sketchwick)
Sketchwick: 1 (mith)
Zealot: 1 (Corsato)
MARKER
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #191 (isolation #17) » Tue May 28, 2002 4:54 am

Post by groza528 »

Sketchwick: 5 (JDTAY, mith, Neo, Ocular Gold, Porro)
dethwing: 1 (Sketchwick)
Neo: 1 (IS)
MARKER

anybody still here?

edit by Q: fixed bbcode
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #213 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 01, 2002 5:29 am

Post by groza528 »

JDTAY: 6 (IS, MikeAmok, Polotet, Porro, Sketchwick, Zealot)
Sketchwick: 4 (JDTAY, mith, Neo, Ocular Gold)

DEADLINE: 17.30, June 2nd, GMT

~Marker~
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #214 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 02, 2002 5:37 am

Post by groza528 »

As the sun sets on the village, 2/3 of a lynch mob realize a large portion of the town has apparently not awakened since the last night. Disappointed, but still wanting their lynch, they knock loudly to wake up JDTAY, who had recently gone to sleep. He groggily answers the door, and the six of them grab his arms and legs and carry him to the gallows.
The rope is looped around his neck, and JDTAY once again falls asleep. The day had been far too long and uneventful for him to stay awake even for his own lynching. By the time he woke up, he was dead.
And the people rejoiced.

JDTAY Avogadro has been lynched. It is now night.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #217 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 07, 2002 3:57 am

Post by groza528 »

With all the other inactives, it would've taken a long time to notice :) Anyway, I'm PMing the single choice I have left to receive, and I'll give him/her a 24-hour deadline. Those of you that are still reading the thread
please confirm that you're still around
, I may do a bit of trimming and/or replacing. You're allowed to confirm while it's still night.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #226 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 08, 2002 1:34 am

Post by groza528 »

"What could be taking so long?" wondered the Fibonaccis. "We sent our man out hours ago to make the hit. Where could he be?" As if on cue, the Fibonacci scumbag walked through the door.
"It's done," he said. "Couldn't force the door, so I shot through the bedroom window. Dead as a doornail."
Fortunately for the town, right after the shot the town doctor crept out of the bedroom closet in which he had been hiding since sunset. He quickly bandaged up the target and dashed for his own home.
Meanwhile, the Avogadros were busy at the other side of town. One of the Avogadros had been following Mike Amok for ten minutes, and he was beginning to suspect. "Is anyone there?" asked Mike. No response. Nonetheless, he began walking faster. From a nearby fire escape, the Mafioso fired and killed him instantly.

Mike Amok, townie, is dead. 8 to lynch.

[edit]had accidentally used underscores in Mike's name[/edit]
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #240 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 11, 2002 5:30 am

Post by groza528 »

Ocular Gold: 2 (mith, Porro)
Mith: 1 (IS)
SaberKitty: 1 (Ocular Gold)

c'mon, where are all you slackers that just told me you were still here?
MARKER
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #274 (isolation #23) » Fri Jun 14, 2002 4:37 am

Post by groza528 »

"I denounce you!" shouted mith, to Porro. "Before this very crowd I dare say that according to the previous night's deductions, there is a chance that you are somewhat likely to be Mafia scum! Die, scum!"
Porro fought valiantly, but alas, in the end it was for nought. For the town did listen to luna who claimed to be mith, and strang up poor, innocent Porro. Innocent? No, for Porro was indeed a Mafioso.

Porro Avogadro lynched. Please send night 5 choices if applicable.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #275 (isolation #24) » Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:53 pm

Post by groza528 »

Also: Reviewing the confirms and voting, it seems AFKADuke and Dethwing are no longer around. Jeep will have the choice between the two of them if s/he still wants to play, if the other is not replaced the role will be killed off, oh, let's say Wednesday noon (GMT)
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #276 (isolation #25) » Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:23 pm

Post by groza528 »

Jeep will be taking over for Duke. Does anyone have anything against Mike Amok (ex-townie) taking over for dethwing? Considering he was only a townie I don't think it can hurt anything.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #278 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:07 pm

Post by groza528 »

Sketchwick Fibonacci was searching around Corsato's house for a way in. It seemed unlikely that Corsato would have left a window open, and indeed he hadn't. That didn't stop Sketchwick however. He heard someone whistling approaching. As he peered around the corner of the house he saw Corsato taking off his Mason lodge hat. After being shot he fell to ground and crushed said hat.
"That wasn't a very nice thing to do." said somebody behind Sketchwick. Sketchwick whirled around to see a gun pointed right at his face.
"I was told the Avogadros weren't going to be anywhere near here tonight?"
"I'm not with the Avogadros," said the shooter. A shot to the forehead killed Sketchwick.

Meanwhile, Neo was returning from his nightly actions as well. He was jumped by an Avogadro and the entire contents of his medical bag spilled out. It was a short struggle before the scum killed Neo.

Corsato, Mason* and Neo, doctor have been killed by the Mafia. Sketchwick Fibonacci has been killed by the vigilante. 6 to lynch, Mike Amok and Jeep will be replacing dethwing and Duke, respectively.

*Corsato was not the intended target of the Fibonaccis, I screwed up. Please see following discussion for more information.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #283 (isolation #27) » Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:28 pm

Post by groza528 »

I've got a horrible confession to make. I've blundered :( A horrible blunder, one a Mafia moderator ought never to make. Fear of such a mistake was one of the reasons I had previously decided to no longer moderate Mafia games, but for some unknown reason certain people insisted I give it another shot. You may all rest assured that I will not be moderating again for quite a while, though perhaps I shall continue to come up with ideas and pass them to other mods.
So what is this error that has caused such a decision? I've accidentally informed you all of the death of the wrong person. I fear there is little I can do at this stage, but I send my
sincere apologies to Corsato
. I have censored his role for the time being in the hopes that somebody will have a reasonable solution, but I fear too many have already seen it and I expect there is no acceptable solution :cry: If anyone has any ideas I'm listening. I'm sorry dood :(
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #288 (isolation #28) » Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:35 am

Post by groza528 »

Sketchwick was the one who sent in the decision that I mismarked, and since he wants to let it stand I guess I will. Yes there are some advantages, but for all he knows his intended target may have been an Avogadro. The tradeoff is that the Fibonaccis don't get a chance to see if they could've had a better kill. I'm sure that doesn't make Corsato feel any zippier though.
*heads off to uncensor Corsato's role*
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #302 (isolation #29) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 3:45 am

Post by groza528 »

Sorry, I'll clarify Mike being dead and alive on post one. He took over for dethwing.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #320 (isolation #30) » Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:05 am

Post by groza528 »

OK, this day is too long and it's my fault. Here's my decision to generally speed up the game:
The deadline for this day is this time on Sunday. Whoever has the most votes at this time will be lynched, provided they have at least three votes (half the amount needed to lynch) if a tie both will be lynched. If none have three, there will be no lynch. The current silentees (mole, OG, Zealot) will be killed off if they haven't posted by that time. I will try to find replacements for mith and Saberkitty (Saber told me through PM that she'd be without internet access starting the 30th). The replacements will close at the same deadline, any unreplaced parties will be killed off.
After that days and nights will have preset deadlines announced at the beginning of each day/night. Probably 3 days for night and 5 days for day.

current vote tally:
IS: 3 (jeep, Polotet, Quercitron)
mole: 2 (IS, mith)
Polotet: 1 (mikegoo)
Zealot: 1 (Mike Amok)
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #326 (isolation #31) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:35 pm

Post by groza528 »

[quote=Saberkitty]a while ago, i PM'd the mod saying i was leaving(permanently-since i don't get back until the 27th of july) i leave the 30th(which is tmw) and i guess i'm not being replaced in this game either, or something. well, good luck all, have fun![/quote]

[quote=me, 3 posts above]I will try to find replacements for mith and Saberkitty (Saber told me through PM that she'd be without internet access starting the 30th).[/quote]

Bah, read the thread before making me look inept. Which I probably am :D
mole's new occupation as a mime has apparently caused the entire town to hate him. He is swiftly lynched. Then the other silent members of the town were also mistaken for mimes, and lynched equally swiftly.
Please send choices for the night. The deadline will be 7:30 PM ET on
Wednesday, July 3rd.

dead:
mole-cop
Zealot-cop
Ocular Gold- Mason
mith (unreplaced)- Avogadro
Saberkitty (unreplaced)- Vigilante
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #332 (isolation #32) » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:48 pm

Post by groza528 »

Well if I'd known you were going to rig the board up so nothing happened while you were gone...
Seriously though, I wish you (plural) would stop bellyaching. Moderating a game isn't easy, and in case you haven't noticed
I'm not very good at it.
People were complaining about silentees and I dealt with that in the way I thought was best. I know I've made more mistakes in this games than a Moderator is allotted too. Now then, with day coming up I have a feeling mith will have another bone to pick with me and if it's all right with you mith, I'd prefer to do that by PM or email rather than bother those still alive. Considering this will be the last day, I will ask for confirming votes.
Once you've confirmed I will not permit you to change your vote, so be sure you know who you're voting.
If it's a 2-2 split, both will die.

Internet Stranger Fibonacci wandered into the nearly empty Mason lodge. Polotet sat alone, weeping. Internet Stranger did something he normally would not; he alerted his prey by calling out.
Polotet called back, "You've killed my friends. My family's been dead, and now it's my turn. I'm ready. Just do it quick." Internet Stranger put his gun up to Polotet's temple and pulled the trigger.
"Bravo," said an Avogadro. "Sometime we have to do what we have to do." The silencer muffled the shot, but Internet Stranger's gun clattering on the tile floor seemed almost as loud.

Polotet (Mason) and Internet Stranger (Fibonacci Mafia) are dead. Voting will last until all four survivors have confirmed their votes; at that point anyone with at least two votes will die.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #348 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:51 am

Post by groza528 »

Not necessarily. It
might
only take 2 confirm votes, depending on who the votes are for.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #350 (isolation #34) » Fri Jul 19, 2002 4:47 am

Post by groza528 »

good point, allow me to amend that:
Day will last until all four survivors have confirmed their votes, UNLESS current confirm votes are sufficient to determine the outcome of the game.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #368 (isolation #35) » Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:56 am

Post by groza528 »

I don't know what happened to it, but I swear I ended this game about a month and a half ago.
Mikegoo Avogadro is lynched. Fibonaacis (jeep+mike amok) win.
groza528
groza528
Watcher
groza528
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #370 (isolation #36) » Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:58 pm

Post by groza528 »

Even more than a month and a half, I guess. Twice that.
Last edited by groza528 on 30 Jun 2002 05:43 pm, edited 11 times in total

Never mind, I guess querc did that

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”