The Mystery... The Mayhem (Good or Bad?)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

In a game with unique roles and other twists, how much should the mod reveal to players at the beginning of the game?

Total votes: 0

Angel Fish
Angel Fish
Townie
Angel Fish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:06 pm

Post by Angel Fish »

1) I'm going to mod a game in which the roles are revealed as necessary (i.e. after a killing, or lynching, some details of the killee and the killer are revealed). That's the sort of level I like. Plus perhaps a few really hidden details or 'game events' which may or may not occur.

2) I don't let people reveal their roles. Thus no competing to invent the best role.
Angel Fish
Angel Fish
Townie
Angel Fish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:34 am

Post by Angel Fish »

Sketch - we manage at Brunchma without revealing roles outright; I like the challenge of cop-type roles having to reveal their information subtly.

Revealing outright (e.g. I am the X, this is what I know) would result in a player being removed from the game by a mod - I think this has only happened once out of 10 games or so.

Then again - sometimes it seems obvious who/what people are, but even then players will say "You all know what I am, and I think we should do X" rather than "yes I am a cop, here's what I know". It's just a different style of play.
Angel Fish
Angel Fish
Townie
Angel Fish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 12, 2002 11:20 am

Post by Angel Fish »

It's a crazy, crazy world out there, you know.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”