The Mystery... The Mayhem (Good or Bad?)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

In a game with unique roles and other twists, how much should the mod reveal to players at the beginning of the game?

Total votes: 0

Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:56 am

Post by Sketchwick »

I voted I love surprises....yes I agree with everyone that mafia 3 is wicked fun.

Angel Fish: I am convinced rules designed to limit what people can say is not going to work. It will just degenerate into not revealing info you should be able to. Think of a normal game where the cop can't reveal his role.
vote IS
And the town crieth, "Why sketch?"

Because I'm a...oh. I can't reveal my role. Just trust me on this one, lynch IS. I like games with no straight up townies. Look at dune mafia, how many fremen were there? They all had an ability (that was an unknown liability in a lot of ways) and it was much fun to see the town boggle at the possibility of all these night killers running around.

I think the key to a good game like mafia 3 is the barely useful roles. I believe Antrax mentioned in another thread that a role should never be to important to the overall game. I totally agree. You can still have big effects, but be sure to balance them with their unlikelyhood. Look at mafia 3 again, we MIGHT have lynched neo the first day...maybe the chance of the lynch machine killing people eventually maxes out, maybe it doesn't...I have no idea, but I LOVE thinking about it.

sketchwick

Return to “Mafia Discussion”