The Mystery... The Mayhem (Good or Bad?)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

In a game with unique roles and other twists, how much should the mod reveal to players at the beginning of the game?

Total votes: 0

Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:15 pm

Post by Cadmium »

I
voted: Surprises are okay, but give the setup. Players should know how many mafia/cops/docs etc. there are.

I don't really like to be messed with by the mod. Surprises are okay, like the one in Improbable Role Mafia. I liked the twist that there's a chance that a voter could be killed as well (that didn't turn out too well for me btw). But when you get a role, and the E-mailed description is different from the true role you got, I think it sucks. I've had it more than once.
So, surprises during the game are okay, but don't say anything that turns out to be different (I don't like lies, unless I'm mafia).

This is just my opinion! I think it's up to the mod what to put in his game. After all, it's his/her game.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 12, 2002 3:34 am

Post by Cadmium »

I just wanted to say I also think that Querci's Mafia 3 is a great game. In fact, I think it's my favorite game so far. I had
the
most fun!
I agree with Sketchwick about the roles. They shouldn't be too important for a game. It only makes everybody to dependant to these persons. You still can add funny stuff to a role but it shouldn't make too much of an impact on a game.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9

Return to “Mafia Discussion”