Post-a-day Usergroup

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post-a-day Usergroup

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:26 am

Post by cuban smoker »

mith! (or other administrator)...

I would like to start a new user group called "Post-a-day" or something to that respect. All members must have at least 1 post per day (and say, at least 20 posts). The members of the group could have special privilieges, or a cool name-tag, or a special flag on their profiles / avatars / whatever. Something that will promote everyone strving for that one post per day marker! Currently there are about 15 members with 1 post per day, and I believe about 5 with 2 posts per day. I could be the "leader" of this elite group, and together, we will better this online game!
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:38 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

You could be the leader... I don't care! The important part is that we would be the "cool" people of mafiascum that everyone else wants to be. We could form voting blocks to oust the silent ones (normally unvoting when the silence had been sufficiently broken, of course), we could come up with a cheer and a secret handshake and a motto!

Oh think of the fun... on a more serious note, I believe it truly would improve the quality of the game by promoting more participation. Post sizes would actually get smaller (for those who don't like reading long posts) because the same person wouldn't have to articulate 5 different ideas in one post.

Finally, you can choose the cool things that differentiate us from the norms.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:24 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Games take while to setup, and I want more than just one game to be of better quality. Once a person gets in they only need a post a day, and even that is easy. I think it would be uber cool.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:27 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Really, the goal is to change the psychology of the game. You are all probably sick of seeing that word, but in the end, I want the verbose players to not be seen as targets!

Perhaps we could have an invitation only usergroup of cool people (hahaha... it sounds so funny. Usually I'm very cynical about these things) who embrace healthy, relevant posting. There could be invitational games that ran independetly, meaning more Mafia for the talkative players. Also, there could be other priveleges... who knows. Perhaps making it invitation only would be better then basing it on an arbitrary metric like posts per day.

Return to “Solved Requests”